Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:52:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:34:36 PM

Any good hackers here?  Is there any way to generate a vanity address for free?  Vanity address sites are charging a lot.

Please let me know.  Thanks.

SRC  https://github.com/samr7/vanitygen

WIN  https://github.com/downloads/samr7/vanitygen/vanitygen-0.20-win.zip

Appreciate it but is this "plug-n-play"?  Lol, remember who you're talking to.

And I think you need a lot of hash power to generate a longer address, which I don't have.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

Appreciate it but is this "plug-n-play"?  Lol, remember who you're talking to.

And I think you need a lot of hash power to generate a longer address, which I don't have.

The example below illustrates a session of vanitygen. It is typical, and took about 10 sec to finish, using my Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU on x86-64 Linux:
Code:
$ ./vanitygen 1Boat
Difficulty: 4476342
Pattern: 1Boat                                                                 
Address: 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT
Privkey: 5J4XJRyLVgzbXEgh8VNi4qovLzxRftzMd8a18KkdXv4EqAwX3tS
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

I just got a heads up that there's currently a 35 BTC sell order on Vircurex for iXcoin.

Is anyone here selling any large blocks right now?

35 BTC would be around 2% of the entire coin.  That's just not possible.  There's has never been such a large sell order or even a buy order.

I'm hoping this is just more manipulation by whoever was driving down the price.  At least now we know for sure that we've got someone with a massive amount of IXC.

What a bad time to be broke, cause I would eat that sell-wall.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:35:28 PM

I just doubled checked and sure enough, there's a massive 500,000 iXcoin sell order at 7000 Satoshi.

That's an insane sell order, the biggest ever.  It's 2.2% of the total 21 million coins.

Until now there was supposedly nobody around with that many coins.  I of course said all along we had someone, a hedge fund, stealth buying massive IXC, for the last year.

Now there's proof!

But why would anyone put one single massive order out there like that knowing that it would scare buyers and as a result get less for their coins?  And not to mention someone has been systematically dropping the price daily with large one-block orders.

The only reason I would do this is to discourage buyers, to freak people out and to drive the price even lower.

And one more thing, I wouldn't do this with all my coins just in case a guy like Vlad calls my bluff.  This means I was right and we have a whale with way more iXcoins than me.  I'm certain now that we have a hedge fund or a large bank with 2-3 million IXC and the greedy barstards wanna do one last run, and scare as many coins out of people as possible before they do their thing and drive IXC to $10 [short term].

I'm gonna bend over backwards this next week to buy some BTC.  Hopefully I will succeed cause these prices are ridiculously low.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 11:16:38 PM

Another point. Given the scary problems with Vircurex right now and frozen Bitcoins, Nobody is gonna send big money there right now.  Very Clever to put that huge sell there and not on Cryptsy.

What this guy didn't realize however is that he'd be showing his hand.  Not many believed me when I said there was a huge stealth buyer all last year and this year too.

Now it's clear.  So hopefully this means they're done buying and this is the final shakedown.

nibyokwy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:19:48 AM

the other possibility is eligius or ghash are selling the coins they mined. they may be panicing that the time when ixcoin generation subsidy drops to zero is getting too close to risk further loss.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:36:49 AM

Another point. Given the scary problems with Vircurex right now and frozen Bitcoins, Nobody is gonna send big money there right now.  Very Clever to put that huge sell there and not on Cryptsy.

What this guy didn't realize however is that he'd be showing his hand.  Not many believed me when I said there was a huge stealth buyer all last year and this year too.

Now it's clear.  So hopefully this means they're done buying and this is the final shakedown.

Nobody in his right mind would deposit money in Vircurex to even bother buying that sell order.

The selling may just happen to be Vircurex, selling everyone's else's IXC that they may confiscate when they close shop.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:40:53 AM

No-go on Kraken:

Ulf (Kraken Support)
Mar 26 18:11

Thanks for asking. We don't have any plans to add any other digital currencies at the present time. We're open to adding more currencies in the future, but every currency we add first has to go through a lengthy process of evaluation. For example, in the case of Namecoin, we found a serious bug in the protocol during our evaluation process.

http://www.coindesk.com/namecoin-flaw-patch-needed/

The bug was of course fixed before we allowed trading in Namecoin on our exchange. This evaluation process takes valuable time away from other important development projects, and at the present time we can't spare the resources needed to add a new currency.

Best,

Ulf
Kraken Support

ushuai

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:42:12 AM

It really is up to the pools to take the existing code and run it on their servers.   

Anybody can make use of the 0.8.6 client if they want.    Worse case is the BIPS filter out certain transactions,  but that is a non-issue really.   It all depends on what transactions the pools add to a block.

I for one don't give a damn about all this 'conservative' talk about forking... that make sense with a coin like Bitcoin... but a coin like IXC that's just trying to stay afloat?  Total B.S. in my opinion.   Same kind of idiotic logic with IXC owners keeping all coins to themselves and sending just scraps for donations.   

Has anyone actually asked the pools why they don't upgrade?  And if they've tested merged mining?  Maybe they would have some valuable feedback.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:43:24 AM

the other possibility is eligius or ghash are selling the coins they mined. they may be panicing that the time when ixcoin generation subsidy drops to zero is getting too close to risk further loss.

Right but that a year from now so why put it all for sale all at once?  And why use Only Vircurex when you know people are running from now and they're freezing Bitcoin deposits?  Why not take that ixc out of there to be safe and sell it on Cryptsy, at least part of it.

And why sell it on Virxurex at all when they'll freeze your BTC once you do?

Makes ZERO sense.  They could sell it here on these boards without killing the price and thus get way less profits.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 01:46:17 AM

Another point. Given the scary problems with Vircurex right now and frozen Bitcoins, Nobody is gonna send big money there right now.  Very Clever to put that huge sell there and not on Cryptsy.

What this guy didn't realize however is that he'd be showing his hand.  Not many believed me when I said there was a huge stealth buyer all last year and this year too.

Now it's clear.  So hopefully this means they're done buying and this is the final shakedown.

Nobody in his right mind would deposit money in Vircurex to even bother buying that sell order.

The selling may just happen to be Vircurex, selling everyone's else's IXC that they may confiscate when they close shop.

It could be vircurex but then why wouldn't they just sell it on Cryptsy?  The fees are insignificant and they know nobody will risk putting that many BTC into Vircurex so why waste your time.

And if Vircurex is that blatant and desperate why aren't they doing that with the much more popular coins on their site?  IXC is the least popular and has the smallest volume, so if you're gonna pull a scam why not do it with LTC, or Doge or all of the coins.  

This theory doesn't hold together very well.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 03:22:39 AM

I just looked at all the sell orders for all the various coins on Vircurex and just as I expected, the massive sell order is exclusive to only IXC.

Every coin, including Litecoin and DogeCoin have less than 5 BTC as their largest sell order and most coins, including very popular coins like Doge and DGC actually have way less, around 1 BTC as their largest sell order.

So these coins which normally have very high volumes have nearly nothing for sale while IXC which normally has low volume has a massive, the biggest ever, sell order.

This puts to rest any theory about Vircurex dumping coins cause if that were the case they would have many more coins to dump from the popular group and they would surely be dumping other coins and not just IXC.

So this goes right back to my theory that this is our stealth Hedge Fund who thinks he can scare the market [and drop the price even lower] without losing any of his coins since nobody is crazy enough to put any Bitcoins into Vircurex right now.

Very clever tactic I'll say but at least now we know that my suspicion of a very deep pocket stealth buyer last year was very real indeed.  And the fact that IXC is being dropped intentionally right now and not by mere market forces.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:50:54 AM

7000 satoshis might not be selling at a loss at all, my lowball buy offers got accepted down to 6500 and below, so 7000 is above my highest buy price.

My sell prices start way up above 15000 satoshis but that is just me, anyone, even a bot, who sat fiddling around below 7000 could have accumulated lots of coins and be a thin hard wall player instead of a column of offers player, they might basically be planning to sell all those at 7000 then put the resulting bitcoin back on the buy side as offers to buy for less than 7000.

Maybe too they want to show anyone who does want to get into IXCoin that there is plenty available at a pretty good price. I won't pay that much because my buys were already taken up to much lower prices than that and I don't plan to build them back up that high if I can help it; I still hope to buy more at lower prices than that. But how much did you pay Vlad for large lumps in the past? Maybe 7000 satoshis is a good price compared to what you paid for such large quantities in the past?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:08:01 AM

Yeah, 7,000 Satoshi is a steal.  I bought half my coins well above 12000 and I bought large chunks at 12000.  So if I had the money right now I would definitely take the guy out.

Well, at least your theory, Mark, makes some sense.  A guy could do that but I'm not so sure he could have accumulated 500,000 iXcoin in even 3 months given all the other people that have been buying.  And especially bit at below 7,000 Satoshi. 

Unless this guy bought early last year when IXC was selling for a few months under 6,000.  I don't know, it's odd timing coming out now after such a big selloff.  Would have made sense when we had that nice run to 14000 a few weeks back.  Then I'd say maybe some guy just wants to cash out and buy lower. 

And again, why would he sell on Vircurex if what you say is his plan, nobody is gonna have the guts to sell there.  And why not split the block and sell half on Cryptsy and improve his odds of getting a bit more or at least sell it quicker.

I don't know, the way he's doing this looks to me like intimidation - to drop the price lower, cause let's face it, when you see that massive sell wall you're not thinking, "great there's iXcoins for sale", no, you're thinking; "that's a whale getting out, he must know something and he's selling out for cheap, Vlad was dead wrong, what was I thinking buying this turd", and you're gonna dump out of fear it's gonna drop much lower.

Heck, some might think that's me selling since most think I'm the only big iXcoin fish. I always felt like that wasn't the case but nobody ever came forward to say they were also accumulating.

I think that's what most people are gonna think when they see that huge block for sale which means we're going lower; we'll probably hit 4,000 Satoshi in the next few days.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:13:34 AM

Yeah, 7,000 Satoshi is a steal.  I bought half my coins well above 12000 and I bought large chunks at 12000.  So if I had the money right now I would definitely take the guy out.

Well, at least your theory, Mark, makes some sense.  A guy could do that but I'm not so sure he could have accumulated 500,000 iXcoin in even 3 months given all the other people that have been buying.  And especially bit at below 7,000 Satoshi. 

Unless this guy bought early last year when IXC was selling for a few months under 6,000.  I don't know, it's odd timing coming out now after such a big selloff.  Would have made sense when we had that nice run to 14000 a few weeks back.  Then I'd say maybe some guy just wants to cash out and buy lower. 

And again, why would he sell on Vircurex if what you say is his plan, nobody is gonna have the guts to sell there.  And why not split the block and sell half on Cryptsy and improve his odds of getting a bit more or at least sell it quicker.

I don't know, the way he's doing this looks to me like intimidation - to drop the price lower, cause let's face it, when you see that massive sell wall you're not thinking, "great there's iXcoins for sale", no, you're thinking; "that's a whale getting out, he must know something and he's selling out for cheap, Vlad was dead wrong, what was I thinking buying this turd", and you're gonna dump out of fear it's gonna drop much lower.

Heck, some might think that's me selling since most think I'm the only big iXcoin fish. I always felt like that wasn't the case but nobody ever came forward to say they were also accumulating.

I think that's what most people are gonna think when they see that huge block for sale which means we're going lower; we'll probably hit 4,000 Satoshi in the next few days.

Well, it pretty much is a permanent cap on IXC.  Nobody is his right mind will send 35 BTC to Vircurex.   In fact, no sane person should even keep 500,000 IXC in Vircurex.   So, IMHO, it is Vircurex who is selling.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
airlutely

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:30:08 PM

Excellent. Moving to the latest 0.8+ would benefit this one too.
eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:16:47 AM

so IXC is now completely dead... vlad2vlad did u cash out before the crash or are u still waiting for something thatll never happen?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 12:20:20 AM

so IXC is now completely dead... vlad2vlad did u cash out before the crash or are u still waiting for something thatll never happen?

Funny guy.

I haven't sold a single coin and on the contrary, I bought about $5,000 worth [this year] at an average of around 13,000 Satoshi.  I thought it was a sweet deal but obviously it's not looking that sweet right now.

I said a month ago Bitcoin would breach $400 on banker manipulation and it's looking like it's gonna happen in the next few days.  That's a strong buy and it would be wise to diversify those BTCs via multiple alt coins.

So I'm very much still long and I still think IXC will be one of the biggest alt coin stories this year.

eightspaces

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:21:39 AM

good luck man! hope ur wishes come true
nibyokwy

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:23:15 AM

Has anyone actually asked the pools why they don't upgrade?  And if they've tested merged mining?  Maybe they would have some valuable feedback.
updating software on pools is risky. if the upgrade results in the loss of a block, or worse a bitcoin block, the pool can be substantially out of pocket.

has merge mining with the new client been tested? it should be easy to run a difficulty 1 'ixcoin in a box' network with old and new clients and make sure they accept each others blocks.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: