Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:33:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 03:40:01 PM

Would it be too much trouble to start a usd to iX gateway? CampBX becomes CampIX..

How many other alt coins have a usd gateway? Why does the BTC get to be the only one?

Who wants to start camp 9 aka CampIX??

Beuller?? Beuller??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

I Can't seem to find a paper wallet link. I am also having trouble finding a blockchain.info style site for ixcoin. Are there basically NO services?  Tongue Don't we got an app for that?
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:13:00 PM

LTC does, and Worldcoin almost did.  LOL.  Not sure what is going on with them lately since the Sharmbeck thing imploded on them

It's not as easy as one would think it is.  But there is your chance.  Build it and they will come.  Smiley

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:40:37 PM

LTC does, and Worldcoin almost did.  LOL.  Not sure what is going on with them lately since the Sharmbeck thing imploded on them

It's not as easy as one would think it is.  But there is your chance.  Build it and they will come.  Smiley

If LTC can do it...

Do you or anyone know what the steps for such an undertaking would be? And what are the best states to so this in, ie: Georgia, Texas?

Maybe some type of crowd source funding can make this happen? or am I being to optimistic?
Vivisector999

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:03:40 PM

Well considering your talking about opening in the US, I really can't help you there.  Although I do know you need to be registered first and foremost at FINCEN.  You have to open your bank accounts up to have everything written up and in the open that you are creating a company that is in the currency exchange market. 

Then I am pretty sure you have to create a database, and have all your customers send you personal information such as Drivers License, Photo ID, proof of address, ect ect.  And fill out a crap load of Gov't forms, and realize they will be watching your every move, to ensure you are not allowing people to launder money through your business. 

There is more then likely ALOT more than that.  You are in all senses opening a full fledged Currency Exchange business.  If you don't take all the steps you can be pretty much assured you will have a gov't agent knocking on your door closing you down and taking you down hard.  I believe the US is the hardest of all countries to open a currency exchange, aside from maybe China right now.

Maybe e-mail BigVern at Cryptsy, and ask him, as he has been working at this for the past year or so.  If it was easy, and with the cashflow there, I am sure it would be done by now.

Vivisector999

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:09:29 PM

All the work behind it is why usually only the coins with a large customer base and with alot of transactions are considered, as it would hardly be a business case to do all that for Ixcoin in it's current form.

Worldcoin almost did it with selling shares in the company.  They created a company called Sharmbeck Financial.  They had hundreds of thousands of dollars invested.  Almost had everything finalized, and the software was passing it's beta testing.

Then the founder did the stupidest thing possible.  

Not sure if he thought it was "His" money he was spending, but he offered a sweepstakes where he took 500 BTC from the invested money and offered it up to be drawn for on the opening day of Sharmbeck Financial with a sweepstakes ticket for each person that invested in the company.  This created so much anger, as the shareholders knew it would be a long time before they would be getting a return on their investment, so they revolted, got as much money as they could back from the company and essentially collapsed it at a loss.    

So with the proper business idea, and proper business sense.  You could go about creating a company like this yourself.  Just don't fail as badly as Sharmbeck, as it pretty much took the coin along with it in the implosion.

Probably with the small customer base Ixcoin has, it would be a better idea to open this business for multiple coins.  Vlad has experience working in the banking system I beleive.  Maybe he would have more of an idea as to what all needs to be done to open this type of business in the US.

a20756079

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:24:33 PM

All the work behind it is why usually only the coins with a large customer base and with alot of transactions are considered, as it would hardly be a business case to do all that for Ixcoin in it's current form.

Worldcoin almost did it with selling shares in the company.  They created a company called Sharmbeck Financial.  They had hundreds of thousands of dollars invested.  Almost had everything finalized, and the software was passing it's beta testing.

Then the founder did the stupidest thing possible.  

Not sure if he thought it was "His" money he was spending, but he offered a sweepstakes where he took 500 BTC from the invested money and offered it up to be drawn for on the opening day of Sharmbeck Financial with a sweepstakes ticket for each person that invested in the company.  This created so much anger, as the shareholders knew it would be a long time before they would be getting a return on their investment, so they revolted, got as much money as they could back from the company and essentially collapsed it at a loss.    

So with the proper business idea, and proper business sense.  You could go about creating a company like this yourself.  Just don't fail as badly as Sharmbeck, as it pretty much took the coin along with it in the implosion.

Probably with the small customer base Ixcoin has, it would be a better idea to open this business for multiple coins.  Vlad has experience working in the banking system I beleive.  Maybe he would have more of an idea as to what all needs to be done to open this type of business in the US.
so many coins!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:43:58 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 12:08:20 AM by Vlad2Vlad

As I suspected all along, Thomas Nasakioto is Frictionless who is not the true founder of iXcoin.

Just as I expected Thomas is nothing but a puppet in all this.

Time to come clean Thomas, who hired you and what do you know about iXcoin?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 12:05:38 AM

Frictionless,

Wait, so you intentionally put out cards that said you're the iXcoin dev?  Like THE dev, like Thomas the dev?

Come on man, that's confusing.  We're already confused enough around here with Thomas' games, we don't need anymore help.

Can you remove that massive pic from your last post?

I'll update my previous post with a smaller pic.

Thanks!

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:11:49 AM

Frictionless,

Wait, so you intentionally put out cards that said you're the iXcoin dev?  Like THE dev, like Thomas the dev?

Come on man, that's confusing.  We're already confused enough around here with Thomas' games, we don't need anymore help.

Thanks!

Don't you remember?  I said I would be promoting IXC at that NYC conference.   

Also,  Thomas paid me the bounty he promised.  In fact, from the transaction information, the coin I received were actually from the coins that were mined really early.

Dev?  Who else is the developer for iXcoin other than myself?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 12:23:11 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 12:36:52 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Dear Thomas Nasakioto,

I'm tired of playing these childish games.

Friction just said he talked to you [Thomas] and You wanted to do a presentation via Skype?

Thomas, can you stop acting like a wild gypsy and start being more normal?

Like for starters:  Answer some simple questions which you keep ignoring.  These are questions you've been asked repeatedly, very simple questions yet you keep avoiding them.  It's not just me now, lots of new investors wanna know what's behind this coin.

Please answer the following questions as best and as honest as possible:

A)  Who hired you to build and launch iXcoin?

B)  Who and how did you come up with iX for the coin name and Thomas Nasakioto for the dev's name?

And please don't say it's an anagram, We know that.  But why use Thomas when you were obviously trying to create an anagram and a similar name of a Japanese name?  It makes no sense then to use Thomas unless there's a specific reason for it.  Common sense says to create something as close to Satoshi as possible for obvious marketing purposes.  So why Thomas and then a Japanese last name, it makes no sense.

C)  What plans [if any] do you have for iXcoin?

D)  The hidden messages I found in iXcoin, you've never commented one them; what is your take?  How can so much meaning be hidden all by accident in iXcoin?

And...

F)  I know you're not working alone on iXcoin so can you tell us who else you're working with?

Thomas, if you keep ignoring these important questions, which all current iXcoin holders want to know, I will move to get a petition signed and we will remove you [completely] from this open source project.

Sorry man, I've tried so hard to be patient for a year now but this is getting ridiculous.  These games are getting childish and the confusion is now hurting this coin more than any good [the mystery] might have done it in the past.

Please be mature about this and clearly and honestly answer these simple questions.

Thank you!

Regards,

Vlad and the iXcoin Community

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 12:47:18 AM

Frictionless,

Thanks!

Don't you remember?  I said I would be promoting IXC at that NYC conference.  

Also,  Thomas paid me the bounty he promised.  In fact, from the transaction information, the coin I received were actually from the coins that were mined really early.

Dev?  Who else is the developer for iXcoin other than myself?

Correct, you are an iXcoin dev but looking at that business card it looks to people like you're Thomas, the actual founder of iXcoin.  And that is really confusing.

Check out twitter, that's what people who saw it think.  That's how I found out about it.

It is very confusing!

This shouldn't be such a big effing mess.  It's like a 5th grade gossip game at this point.

Why?  What's the purpose?  Why all the effing games, man?

None of this makes sense to me and Thomas needs to man up and act like a dev and answer some simple Questions or we will simply remove him so then nobody will have to constantly think about who's Thomas, where's Thomas, when's Thomas gonna pay those Bounties, When's Thomas gonna show up again, When is Thomas gonna answer these Questions, How long is Thomas gonna be gone this time, etc.

Everyone is sick of the unanswered questions, the year-long disappearing acts, and constantly trying to figure out when Thomas will show up and when and if maybe Thomas will answer any questions.

Either Thomas plays ball or we get rid of Thomas and that greatly simplifies and clarifies iXcoin.

And like you said, as far as programming goes, you're the dev anyway, we don't need Thomas if Thomas is too busy to show up but twice per year.

The ball is in Thomas' court.  We, the iXcoin community, will do well with Thomas and we will do fine without Thomas.  

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 07:40:43 AM

There are two possibilities:

1- Thomas had disagreements with FrictionlessCoin and LukeConnell.
2- All of them are following a plan similar to the one for its twin Bitcoin: keep the price down for a few months.

I believe in plan 2.
I could not explain otherwise the total absence of all of them at the same time.

Thomas and friends, if you do not really care about this coin, fine. Let us know. If you have a roadmap like Luke, let us know. All this secrecy is killing the community. I wonder if this is what you are looking for.

Regards

I totally agree.  The actions or lack thereof, since the very beginning, suggests either a total lack of maturity or and care for this coin or blatant ill intent to keep the coin unknown, hated and dirt cheap with as few investors as possible. 

And that attitude continues today.  It's almost as if they want as few people to know about iXcoin as possible.

If it's amateur hour that's fine, we can fix that, but it seems to be more blatant than that so I'm thinking there's ill intent here; intent to purposely keep iXcoin's price down and to keep buyers away.

3 years of this game is enough; it's time to wake up or move out and we will take over.

And the same thing goes for the 3 different websites.  Talk about selfish ego trips.  If I were Friction or Thomas I would cede to Luke's website design, and update the .org and .co sites to match his .EU site.  3 very different websites for 1 coin, out of sheer ego or intent to create more confusion is absurd.

Especially since we had a very formal voting process which voted for Luke's design.

It looks like we either have three chiefs with no cooperation between them or collusion between the same three.

Either way, it's not good for iXcoin's image and with the mining deadline coming up fast we need to clear it all up and get on track with some kind of conclusive plan.

JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:36:00 PM

It could just be as simple as ixcoin was a test case for bitcoin to see what will happen to the network once max coins are out.

Bitcoin is more like ragna lothbrok and ixcoin is like rollo
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:08:43 PM

It could just be as simple as ixcoin was a test case for bitcoin to see what will happen to the network once max coins are out.

Haha, that's a possibility and if that's the case then give us the medicine straight or leave the project since you can't bother to show up or answer questions even once per month.

Even the busiest person can check in once per week for 10, 25 minutes.  These devs can't be bothered with that.

I will say however, Friction has shown up once per week and sometimes more often, but it's just not the kind of behavior you get from any devs I've seen.  Almost intentional hiding from everyone and avoiding questions.

I'm trying to understand under what circumstances and to what end would someone do that with their own coin.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Haha, that's a possibility and if that's the case then give us the medicine straight or leave the project since you can't bother to show up or answer questions even once per month.

Even the busiest person can check in once per week for 10, 25 minutes.  These devs can't be bothered with that.

I will say however, Friction has shown up once per week and sometimes more often, but it's just not the kind of behavior you get from any devs I've seen.  Almost intentional hiding from everyone and avoiding questions.

I'm trying to understand under what circumstances and to what end would someone do that with their own coin.

Maybe you don't realize that Thomas Nasakioto is not very technically adept and simply is unable to update the coin by himself.

As far as his holdings,  it also may not be very much to be worth his time to make an effort.   If you notice that every time he shows up, its a signal to start selling IXC. 

I also don't have a lot of IXC and probably will do work only if there's enough donations to justify the time spent on it.

IXC does have its niche, but unless people are willing to make a serious investment,  the I doubt that it'll move forward much. 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 10:27:22 PM

Thanks for Clarifying, Friction.

All this time I tought Thomas was a programmer, albeit not a very good one.

So, much like me, Thomas cannot code.

Yet [out of respect for real programmers] I work hard to NOT call myself a dev even though I'm here daily, I invested more money in IXC than anyone I know of, I have relentlessly talked about and single handedly raised awareness for iXcoin 8-12 hours per day for nearly a year now, I have raised funds for IXC code updates [while Thomas the Dev sat on bounty money] and as well as pitched in my own money for development.

And I still try to not call myself a dev.

Well [That's total Bullshit - I've done more for ShitCoin than Thomas has done for iXcoin] if Thomas is a dev then I think it's time for some change.

Firstly, unless Thomas can commit to add value then I vote to remove him since he's nothing more than a serious distraction at this point.  A dev who's never here, has no answers about his own coin, can't program and can't add any other type of value is simply not a dev [on any level].

And if he was considered a dev even though he can't program, can't bother to ever be here, can't answer questions regarding his own coin and hasn't done anything except the original copy and paste job 3 yeas ago, then [shit] I'm a SuperDev.  

To be fair and honest I will give Thomas a few more days to see if he is serious about getting serious about IXC.  If not then I really wanna get these Absentee Dev Games behind us for good.

I will vote to officially remove him as dev and we will move to a new thread so there's no more confusion about Thomas or the Actor's Pic he chose to use as his own.

Most people would have removed Thomas and taken over this project long ago, but I really didn't wanna do that.  But now it is getting to a point of neglect and ridicule everytime IXC is brought up.  

Enough is enough, time to be grown-ups.

Fair enough?

Vivisector999

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

I think the proper title for people who get coins created for them should not be Dev's, as that implies they developed something.  They should be named Founders.  As far as I know Frictionless has been the only Dev for Ixcoin, as before that any work done was paid to random contractors via bonuses.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

I think the proper title for people who get coins created for them should not be Dev's, as that implies they developed something.  They should be named Founders.  As far as I know Frictionless has been the only Dev for Ixcoin, as before that any work done was paid to random contractors via bonuses.

I too always considered friction as one of the devs for IXC but keep mind Friction is not truly a dev either, he is in a way nothing more than a hired gun.

A real coin dev puts in his time and efforts for free in hopes the payoff will be down the road.

I can't program but I put in a lot of time, raised funds and pitched in money and I did it all for exactly that reason:  In the hopes there would be a reward down the line.

Friction has said many times that there will be no code updates unless we can pay him and if you look at what he's asking for, we can easily hire a programmer for that or maybe even less.  Sorry, but a hired programmer is not a real dev in my mind.

That said, I'm grateful to have Friction on board, I still love the ideas he used to have for IXC, but for some reason they disappeared as quickly as Thomas (all at once, like someone flipped a switch in his brain), and it's good to have an in-house programmer who knows our goals, but unfortunately, Friction will not be of any help unless we can come up with the necessary funds and that could take a while.

That said:  For now we're fine, the wallet and source code have been updated and I am in active talks with one of the biggest mining pools in the world to continue mining iXcoin AFTER the coins run out in September.

That puts us in an excellent strategic position and in no urgent need of a programmer, "a dev" or a non-existent founder.

I suggest that any person who wants to be considered a dev to put their money where their mouth is; buy some IXC, it's still one of the cheapest coins out there and then pitch in with whatever work you can do and don't expect a salary - that's not how broke, open source projects work.  If you truly believe in this coin then invest, pitch in and your reward will come in due time.

We simply cannot pay everyone who helps out and if you're getting paid then you're an employee not a dev (collecting bounties is an exception as those are posted for anyone and everyone).  I admire the fact Luke pitched in quite a bit and he did it to help and cause he believes in iXcoin's potential.

In my mind, that's what a dev is in this new crypto industry.

wedar001

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:04:46 AM

I like the merged mining.  I'll add 10,000 IXC to the bounty for the Ixcoin client upgrade.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:04:07 AM

OK, during research for my coin Photon to merge mine it with Blake Coin of course I have been looking at how iX is mergemined and I also respect iX since it has paid it's dues and been around a long time. Anyway this is one of the only coin clients I could not get to compile for myself.  I really like to build my own wallets so as a service to anyone who wants it I decided to make some revisions to the source code so it will compile, minor changes mostly.  The wallet works fine for me sending coins and all other tests as far as I know I only deleted some old unnecessary items and I added a checkpoint.  Also the win qt is now built with openssl 1.0.1g

If you like this send me a few iX I don't have that many !! Enjoy

xnmyQQbveWtk3xnQzchSjKVyG78jL1zePn

win qt wallet with checkpoint and open ssl 1.0.0g
ix coin win qt with open ssl 1.0.1g  http://www.mediafire.com/download/87dgwdof702szwy/iX_coin_win_qt_unofficial_build_with_open_ssl_1.0..1g_from_Cinnamon_Carter._7z

the souce code on github I used to build this wallet  forked from the developer https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin/

the changes (now it should compile easy)  https://github.com/photonproject/iXcoin/commit/aa7fc03e3e50425ae96fd6e74b03b1d7d21ea2b7

note i did not change the make files for unix or mingw ect..... you can easily do these if you want .....

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Pages: « 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: