Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2018, 09:54:27 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE][AMD][NVIDIA][CPU][ETN]How to Mine ⚡️Electroneum + Miners Downloads 💲⛏  (Read 145509 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wacko

Activity: 924
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:37:36 PM

Is it normal for the XMR-STAK to change difficulty?
Yes, it is normal. Even though your hashrate might be stable, the rate of finding valid shares isn't. The pool suggests the share difficulty based on how often it receives shares from you. When it receives more than it was expecting over a period of time, it increases the difficulty. When less — the diff decreases.

And you're most likely better off mining something else with your gtx 1070, cryptonight is not the most profitable algo for your card.
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
cpcue

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:07:47 PM

Is it normal for the XMR-STAK to change difficulty?
Yes, it is normal. Even though your hashrate might be stable, the rate of finding valid shares isn't. The pool suggests the share difficulty based on how often it receives shares from you. When it receives more than it was expecting over a period of time, it increases the difficulty. When less — the diff decreases.

And you're most likely better off mining something else with your gtx 1070, cryptonight is not the most profitable algo for your card.

Thanks wacko. It's just my gaming rig  Grin Grin Grin, if this somehow turns good or decent enough I'm planning on investing in a new basic setup. Thanks made things a lot clearer for me. Also just saw my very first pending.  Grin

By the way, what GPU is the way to go? I saw some mining hardware that are way out my budget  Shocked for a noob. So I might just build a PC-ish miner. I researched that a 480 8g is better than 580 8g.  Wink
wacko

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:19:52 PM

By the way, what GPU is the way to go? I saw some mining hardware that are way out my budget  Shocked for a noob. So I might just build a PC-ish miner. I researched that a 480 8g is better than 580 8g.  Wink
RX 480 and RX 580 is essentially the same card. AMD just overclocked their RX 480 (and increased both clocks and voltages) and called them RX 580. They're not worse, they're the same: their stock mode doesn't matter anyway cause any Polaris card requires some tuning for proper mining setup, so whether it's RX 480 or RX 580 you're still not going to use it in stock and will have to flash a modified BIOS with tighter timings and undervolt.
leftover_potato

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:03:42 AM

hi good day,

i'm still unfamiliar with the set up for XMR-AEON-STAK 2.0

after downloading and unzip, how to move on from there?

i have the wallet address.

a thousand sorry for such question! Cry
Mattthev

Activity: 434
Merit: 297

MINING-BIOS.eu 💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:37:46 AM

hi good day,

Pick your pool http://www.etnheartbeat.com/ With higher hashrate it's better. Run XMR-STAK.exe or nocpu.bat if you don't won't mine with CPU. It will guide you trough setup you will insert pool, wallet, password etc. You might insert more than 1 pool after you insert the first one. Or you can rename those monero or aeon config files to cinfig.txt and put your pool, wallet etc.

Buy Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.eu │👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ miner, 1% dev fee + support POW forks, MoneroV7, CN-Heavy (SUMO, XHV, XTL), Lite V3, V7 (IPBC, AEON),...│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│How to Mine Monero / Sumokoin + Miners Downloads ⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON + Miners Downloads ⛏│ Guides:How to Mine ⚡️Electroneum + Miners Downloads ⛏Bios mods and performance timings Cool E-mail: monerobiosedit@gmail.com│🆘 Did I help you? Hit +Merit on my post. 🤜🤛👌
Mattthev

MINING-BIOS.eu 💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:41:05 AM

Hello guys! I'm really new to Mining in general. Thanks @Mattthev for the guide.

I only have one question right now after completing the setup for my 1070. Is it normal for the XMR-STAK to change difficulty?

I might have missed something in the guide, I'm really not sure. I am connected to poolelectroneum.space here's a sample on what it shows
Difficulty changed. Now: 58853.
New block detected.
Result accepted by the pool.
Difficulty changed. Now: 86550.
New block detected.
Difficulty changed. Now: 60950.
New block detected.

Is this normal? Or should it just stay in one difficulty?

Sorry, if this seems really a noob question.
It's normal, your pool support static diff so you can put your wallet_address.diff in wallet, your diff should be like 10000 or maybe 20000.

RX 480 and RX 580 is essentially the same card. AMD just overclocked their RX 480 (and increased both clocks and voltages) and called them RX 580. They're not worse, they're the same: their stock mode doesn't matter anyway cause any Polaris card requires some tuning for proper mining setup, so whether it's RX 480 or RX 580 you're still not going to use it in stock and will have to flash a modified BIOS with tighter timings and undervolt.
Just like you said, but RX 580 has a little bit better chip it allow you undervolt more. But from my view it's almost same card no big real difference. RX 480 in new condition would by hard to find.

Buy Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.eu │👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ miner, 1% dev fee + support POW forks, MoneroV7, CN-Heavy (SUMO, XHV, XTL), Lite V3, V7 (IPBC, AEON),...│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│How to Mine Monero / Sumokoin + Miners Downloads ⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON + Miners Downloads ⛏│ Guides:How to Mine ⚡️Electroneum + Miners Downloads ⛏Bios mods and performance timings Cool E-mail: monerobiosedit@gmail.com│🆘 Did I help you? Hit +Merit on my post. 🤜🤛👌
leftover_potato

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 06:44:53 AM

hi good day,

Pick your pool http://www.etnheartbeat.com/ With higher hashrate it's better. Run XMR-STAK.exe or nocpu.bat if you don't won't mine with CPU. It will guide you trough setup you will insert pool, wallet, password etc. You might insert more than 1 pool after you insert the first one. Or you can rename those monero or aeon config files to cinfig.txt and put your pool, wallet etc.
thank you. i will try it later and will post here and ask further Smiley
leftover_potato

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:28:05 PM

hi need help

im using the XMR AEON START 2.0

but after filling in all the input, it says xmr-stak.exe has stopped working.

im using the nocpu program
ZacL

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:39:24 PM

just installed my RX580 its running 576 h/s out of the box it is a hynix memory any advice on improving the performance
wacko

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 03:16:03 PM

just installed my RX580 its running 576 h/s out of the box it is a hynix memory any advice on improving the performance
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0
The link is in the first post of this thread.
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 06:55:34 PM

Did you even bother to read the first page?Mattthev put already all the information together for beginners.

Topic: Is it possible that hash rate is higher with tread per gpu = 2 setting in sgminer on RX 570? Played around with the settings today and looks really stable.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
Mattthev

MINING-BIOS.eu 💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:40:42 PM

Did you even bother to read the first page?Mattthev put already all the information together for beginners.

Topic: Is it possible that hash rate is higher with tread per gpu = 2 setting in sgminer on RX 570? Played around with the settings today and looks really stable.
Yep, 2 threads are better, you also need to tweak intensity and worksize, it depends on drivers what you use, blockchain drivers and the newest with compute mode allow higher values.

Mattthev

MINING-BIOS.eu 💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 08:43:54 PM

hi need help

Do you have installed VC redist x64? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
Older version shows DLL error, I'm not sure what it says in the 2.0 version.

1969Dave

Activity: 118

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:45:53 PM

Thank you for sharing this information, very helpful!

architectonik

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:15:13 AM

What pool is everyone in? Im in electroneum.space pool right now.

Pretty solid with 10etn payouts and only .5% pool fee.

Is there a better pool out there?

wacko

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:27:35 AM

None of them are good. I've been mining on electroneum.space for a couple of days, and then it went down just a few hours ago: if you check their total hashrate you'll see how it dropped ~ 10x times, though it seems to be climbing back up now so they might've fixed whatever issues they were having, but for at least 1.5 hours there was no way to connect to the pool. So I switched to electroneum.ovh. And of course it went down only a couple hours after I switched to it.  Undecided So I went to another pool, but I'm not telling which one anymore, cause it seems like whenever I say where I'm mining ETN — that pool goes down super fast. Cheesy
architectonik

Activity: 61

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 03:30:30 AM

None of them are good. I've been mining on electroneum.space for a couple of days, and then it went down just a few hours ago: if you check their total hashrate you'll see how it dropped ~ 10x times, though it seems to be climbing back up now so they might've fixed whatever issues they were having, but for at least 1.5 hours there was no way to connect to the pool. So I switched to electroneum.ovh. And of course it went down only a couple hours after I switched to it.  Undecided So I went to another pool, but I'm not telling which one anymore, cause it seems like whenever I say where I'm mining ETN — that pool goes down super fast. Cheesy

Yeah...apparently there was a ddos attack but the moderator had to do some maintenance. It's back up now with about 20 MH/s

leftover_potato

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 04:06:43 AM

hi need help

Do you have installed VC redist x64? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
oh i havent do that yet. okay will do this later and try again.
Mattthev

MINING-BIOS.eu 💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 06:42:32 AM

Yeah...apparently there was a ddos attack but the moderator had to do some maintenance. It's back up now with about 20 MH/s
For this problem is great the new XMR-STAK 2.0 (links in first post) you can make your own list of pools and it will reconnect to other when one is unreachable.

leftover_potato

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 01:48:41 PM

hi need help

hi there,

i've tried downloading and install it but it seems like i've already installed it.

so i've tried to launch the application but it says stopped working. Sad any other solution?

based on what i typed from 1st to bottom

1. monero
2. electroneum.hashparty.io:7777
3. wallet address
4. x
5. N
6. N
7. N

that's it Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.