Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 02:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What feature you want to see next?
auto tune each mining board - 45 (35.7%)
3 profile switch support (low noise, normal, high performance mode) - 13 (10.3%)
day / night speed schedule - 10 (7.9%)
pool balance / quota option - 9 (7.1%)
v2 configurable reboot on low hashrate / HW errors - 16 (12.7%)
DONE: cgminer v4.10 update - 4 (3.2%)
miner shutdown (+ on high temps) - 11 (8.7%)
better pool management - 9 (7.1%)
DONE:better awesome miner compatibility - 3 (2.4%)
move FAN settings to advanced page - 2 (1.6%)
<your idea> - 4 (3.2%)
Total Voters: 126

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 Blissz firmware (10/12 v1.12 update)  (Read 125819 times)
caliel

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:59:44 PM

Hi blissz,  firmware made a big difference to my temps and the noise reduction is God sent thank you, but then at random one of my d3's was overheating 100 degrees+.   I noticed the fan speed being around 2000rpm instead of 3800-4500rpm.

I flashed official bitmain firmware on that machine then few hours later one of the other d3's did the same after a network interruption and coming back online again that machine also stuck at around 2000rpm resulting in 100 degrees+ and super high hardware errors.  

Please look into this issue as the firmware really makes a difference, but is not worth the risk if the fan gets stuck at 2000rpm.  The red light on the machine flashes instead of the green when this happens.

Rebooting fixes the stuck 2000rpm fan issue temporarily.  It will happen on any of the fan profiles as well as when I set a custom fan speed of 50%.  It seems it might have something to do with when the fan speeds are suppose to spin up loud at startup, since it's quiet at startup now I think it gets stuck there and never ramps up again to the desired fanspeed but stays stuck at that 2000rpm mark.  

Havs anyone else encountered this?
https://imgur.com/a/x4v4G

I've seen similar issues too.  I've had a board peg to a random 100+ degree in the 'silent' profile with all of the settings down low (e.g. 400 freq, 11 volts).  The other two boards are at like 70 degrees.. but the third is 105+.  Its scary and I think the fans should be kicking into higher RPMs when 90 degrees is exceeded.

Thanks for this, I've seen it once before. I know  where it comes from. The displayed Temperature is incorrect, so nothing to worry, but I will solve it in the next version

Thanks.  Awesome work on this firmware, can't overstate that enough.
caliel

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:06:02 PM

btw, your poll is locked so no one can vote Smiley

haha oops, I thought nobody cared Wink

This may be a big ask, but can you have it so we can easily switch between different mining pools.  For instance, I've found myself frequently switching between having NiceHash and Suprnova as my primaries.  It would be great if I could have a second profile that has entirely different pools, or a different order (whatever the user sets).  In this way, I can easily switch my miners to a different pool profile.  It gets tedious to update 5+ miners when its time to change which pool they are operating on.
blastar

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:07:36 PM

This may be a big ask, but can you have it so we can easily switch between different mining pools.  For instance, I've found myself frequently switching between having NiceHash and Suprnova as my primaries.  It would be great if I could have a second profile that has entirely different pools, or a different order (whatever the user sets).  In this way, I can easily switch my miners to a different pool profile.  It gets tedious to update 5+ miners when its time to change which pool they are operating on.
I second that! Good suggestion!
dalu1

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Performing it is a better way of learning things

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 04:11:48 PM

I third this.  Great suggestion

--- Do you want to trade Crypto Currency with 0% commission?   Join https://masternodexchange.com/   ---
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:57:52 PM

Use Awesome Miner, its have profit autoswitching and a lot more
caliel

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:18:40 PM

External Profit Switching (for ASIC's and Antminers)
Awesome Miner will not add or change any pools on the miner. The profit switcher will only look at the pools already defined on the miner and change the priority of them. The priority is set based on profitability. The profitability of the pool must be known to Awesome Miner, either by using one of the supported multi-pools or by using a coin listed on the Coins tab.

Seems a bit limited for the cost.  I like the monitoring aspects, but I'm not sure this profit switching makes a difference for my D3s

blastar

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:31:43 PM

Awesome Miner will not add or change any pools on the miner. The profit switcher will only look at the pools already defined on the miner and change the priority of them. The priority is set based on profitability. The profitability of the pool must be known to Awesome Miner, either by using one of the supported multi-pools or by using a coin listed on the Coins tab.

Seems a bit limited for the cost.  I like the monitoring aspects, but I'm not sure this profit switching makes a difference for my D3s

Exactly! I am using "Prohashing" which has auto-switching to mine most profitable coin, so I don't need to pay for a software to do this for me, although the GUI of "Awesome Miner" is, well, awesome!
lucasilverio

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:22:16 PM

Do you think will be possible to mine on dashminer.com with a D3?, if this is case how the miner can be configured?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 06:26:00 PM

Do you think will be possible to mine on dashminer.com with a D3?, if this is case how the miner can be configured?

no they use a custom app.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
heythorp

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 06:38:34 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2017, 06:50:08 PM by heythorp

You can mine Litecoin with a script machine through minergate. The D3 will not work.

https://en.minergate.com/faq/using-asic
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:18:57 PM

You can mine Litecoin with a script machine through minergate. The D3 will not work.

https://en.minergate.com/faq/using-asic

I don't trust minergate, I used them when I first got into mining and I noticed they take at least 20% of your hashing power.
dottat

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 07:27:49 PM

@blissz today I discovered something interesting. I had both d3 going happily along when my wife unplugged my router. Both d3 became pissed off over the next 45 minutes. 100c temps etc. Chips went x. Cards dropped out. Could be one means of testing for you. After reboot all seems well but auto didn't catch it on itself.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2017, 08:22:19 PM

@blissz today I discovered something interesting. I had both d3 going happily along when my wife unplugged my router. Both d3 became pissed off over the next 45 minutes. 100c temps etc. Chips went x. Cards dropped out. Could be one means of testing for you. After reboot all seems well but auto didn't catch it on itself.

no starbucks for the wife next week!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
funminer

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 08:38:30 PM

You make a mistake when looking in Awesome Miner, you can add or change Pools, but you need to open the API access on your Antminer,
and it´s make a difference on D3, too
you can switch to Nicehash, Zpool, GranatGas and more as Multipools and it will change to normal Pools like Antpool, too
and there are mosttimes 10 - 50% difference in paying
caliel

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:04:39 PM

no starbucks for the wife next week!

I bet it only happens when his specific wife pulls the cord on the router too. All joking aside, I saw similar behavior with the cards dropping out with the network down.. but not the high temps. 
thistlecoins

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 09:52:20 PM

Can this firmware set zero RPM for both fans (power off fans)?

I'm also wanting to know this, Blissz made it sound like YES in the feature set?
More importantly, for those of use considering fanless immersion approaches, will it boot and run with no fans detected (unplugged!)??

Unplugging after boot is an option too, but annoying for remote management.

I plan to test both scenarios soon, but i'm afraid to run it for even a few seconds with no air movement.  Don't have the oil bath built yet.

Hoping the firmware hacks are the solution, rather than the more involved hardware hacks to fake the fans.
Ubersonic

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:05:39 PM

Hoping the firmware hacks are the solution, rather than the more involved hardware hacks to fake the fans.

Why don't you just plug the fans in via extension cables (so they're not in the liquid) that way you can lower the fan speed so far they become inaudible.  Not a perfect solution I know but it is one that would work right this second.
blissz (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:15:48 PM

Busy day today. Seems some rare cases exists that have temperature reading or fan problems. I will work on more stability today. Thanks for all the feedback. Screenshots and kernel logs are welcome in case you have a problem.
acyclovir

Activity: 45

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:28:59 PM

Awesome Miner is capable to switch between pools based in profitability at the moment, reboot AntMiners based in time, or HW errors, or Low hashrate, set default pools and more, just set privileged api and its done
may142012

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 01:34:11 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2017, 02:09:30 AM by may142012

Guys, please help me out this problem. Today, i had received my miner from Bitmain, so i booted up:

- Two fans are spinning and working.
- The controller and ethernet port are working.
- Three hashboards are all working, all three had showed no signs of xxx or anything related to defective. (Tested each board before plugged in all three).
- The power supply (Bitmain's APW3++) is working as well as all pins
- I am using a power cable 10A - 250v.

Results: If i plug the PSU more than 2 hashboards, the miner will begin to reset every 5 secs, then loop.

So what is the problem here? Is it because my outlet doesn't have enough power to run it? You know something about circuit breakers and sh*t.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: