Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:38:20 AM

BIBLEPAY    THAAAAANKS ....  GOOD JOB .... FINALLY WE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO NEW VISION

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:41:22 AM

Hi all,

I am not sure what Dash and other coins do, but since only Sanctuary holders can vote, is it more appropriate for those people to talk among themselves in another forum about pros and cons of proposals?

Pro of this is that this post doesn't get filled up with voting debate, and it is less likely to get hijacked by others...
Con is that there is less transparency.

Just a thought Smiley

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:48:41 AM

BIBLEPAY    THAAAAANKS ....  GOOD JOB .... FINALLY WE CAN GO STRAIGHT TO NEW VISION

Haha! I'm glad you got what you wanted  Wink

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:49:06 AM

znffal  Luke, very good idea,agree

jaapgkv all slovak guys,not only me

adrianbits

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:50:37 AM

Hi all,

I am not sure what Dash and other coins do, but since only Sanctuary holders can vote, is it more appropriate for those people to talk among themselves in another forum about pros and cons of proposals?

Pro of this is that this post doesn't get filled up with voting debate, and it is less likely to get hijacked by others...

Just a thought Smiley

Its like the Pharisee clubs of the old temple. They took counsel among themselves then taxed their people. This place is literally becoming a money changers temple like the Bible talks about. Amazing how things never change in human nature

http://media.freebibleimages.org/stories/FB_Jesus_Cleansing_Temple/overview_images/003-jesus-cleansing-temple.jpg?1436948186
jaapgvk

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:54:20 AM

Hi all,

Just a thought Smiley

Yeah, I think you have a point. http://forum.biblepay.org/ is the place where individual proposals should be discussed, since they're posted there (and anyone can pitch in to speak their mind of course). It's just that I'd like to try and get some input from the community as a whole about how we should go about this globally, so that it is clear to people what they can expect regarding proposals, and maybe I can then set up some sort of guideline regarding proposals in general (if there is a need for that).

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:37:10 AM

wow first time I ignored someone on the internet.

note: the button works as intented. You can block troll by clicking ignore. So you will access pure news and information regarding to coin.
noob101

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:12:06 PM

Hi guys,

I might miss things as I can be very absent minded.  If I am not mistaken, there is no link on the pool website for the miner.  Is it possible to add one?  Might make it easier for new miners and especially if the notification pops up to upgrade, then it is immediately accessible. I do apologize if there is one and I am just not seeing it.

jaapgvk

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:33:00 PM

If I am not mistaken, there is no link on the pool website for the miner.

Could you please rephrase that sentence? I don't know what you mean exactly...

You can find your miners under the 'workers' tab. Is that what you mean?

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:03:01 PM

Hi all,

Just a thought Smiley

Technically we should be discussing all things surrounding the proposal in its own thread (there is a View link next to each proposal in the pool), but I think people are excited right now and want their comment to be seen by everyone in the high traffic area currently.

But I think over the long term as we organize more we will eventually gravitate to the proposal thread itself.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:11:38 PM

wow first time I ignored someone on the internet.

note: the button works as intented. You can block troll by clicking ignore. So you will access pure news and information regarding to coin.

Been on this forum for a long time and didn't know there was an ignore button. Thanks for this.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:24:50 PM

[New Proposal Added]

I don't have a sanctuary yet since my coins are stuck in C-Cex, but testing out the proposals in the meantime. (Thanks Togo for the nudge)
Here's my proposal for my auto pool mining script back in October.

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=56.msg920#msg920

Feel free to vote yes or no.
Cheers,
I voted yes because I might be able to use part of the script for something, but sorry NaNa it wasnt enough to sway the vote.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:35:39 PM

How difficult would it be (other than the temporary pain of missing a month), to shift the budget from forward looking to backwards looking?

What I'm thinking is the emission structure could get the estimate wrong as you've accurately stated.  So, is there a way to shift the funds to four wallets, an Orphan Wallet, IT Wallet, PR Wallet and P2P Wallet each superblock.  Then those are the coins are available to be voted upon for 30 days, and at the end of that 30 day period (when the next superblock arrives, or more accurately at superblock -1) the wallet funds are distributed to the proposals that win?  The one issue would be trying to "save" up projects for an extra month during the transition.  But it would eliminate the risk of being too conservative with our funds (especially in the orphan fund).
The difficulty is low, but its pretty much impossible due to the other rules in place.  It would require a mandatory and a lot of notice and disruption. 

(This is only hypothetical for the forum: We could have made our max superblock budget function honor our average actual diff for the prior month, instead of the Max Diff+Min reward, that would have boosted the superblocks up until we get a high diff again- then would drop to the minimum level M+1).

But I suppose since we are now in Prod again (I asked coinsmarkets yesterday to upgrade) and our mandatory is released lets see if our value stays at this level and allows us to operate on 5.8M per month or if it becomes a problem. 

One other stopgap for a few months is if we dont raise enough for compassion at the end of January, we can potentially overspend on the Charity side and deny all the other proposals in the name of Charity.  Remember the conversation we had about one pool of money, and I said I liked to keep limits on each department so we dont overspend, but that was for non-charity limits (for example, as you can see from the proposals once the money is available people find a  way to submit proposals for it), but when it comes to Charity, our entire mission is based on Charity--   in this case I recommend we sacrifice every other department for Charity - but lets not jump to conclusions yet, as our price doubled since the last fundraiser, so lets go forward and see if this superblock causes a disruption for us.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 01:44:57 PM

Hi all,

Just a thought Smiley

Its like the Pharisee clubs of the old temple. They took counsel among themselves then taxed their people. This place is literally becoming a money changers temple like the Bible talks about. Amazing how things never change in human nature

Did the Pharisees counsel to help 187 children in the village who were without proper clothing and regular meals?

It's easy to catch a hypocrite in his own snare.

"Take the log out of your own eye" first, as you are the one asking programmers to build you a new cryptocurrency for selfish reasons. 

Did you see our external link about pastors burning in hell for Blaspheming the Holy Ghost?  See Mary K Baxters Hell tour.  We are doing positive work but you are impeding it (running a blog that we are a scam), this is like stealing from the Church Kitty.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:16:20 PM

[New Proposal Added]

I don't have a sanctuary yet since my coins are stuck in C-Cex, but testing out the proposals in the meantime. (Thanks Togo for the nudge)

Cheers,

Sorry, but that's not how this works. All kinds of development for the coin can be good, plus, we need the miners, and I want new miners to be able to start mining without needing much technical knowledge.

But while I think development should be applauded, I don't think we should simply hand out money for things that were developed on a voluntary basis in the past, as I think that's the wrong approach. That's why I also have concerns regarding Togo's billing of some his activities (I think he's doing an AWESOME job btw, I just think not all of his past activities should be compensated with monetary funds).

I'm all for submitting proposals and making this coin really work. But I think we should take the forward approach instead of a backward one. I don't want to incentivise people to go out there and do stuff and try to get money for it afterwards (not that anyone did that in the past!)

So I'm all about where we want to go from here, and then allocate people and resources from the superblock to really make things happen.

I believe we should reward people for previous work,

Let's step through the opposite scenario:
I don't do any work for the project, I just now make forum proposals,
I wait 2 weeks while we debate, my proposals get approved and budgeted,
and then January 1st, 2018 I start the Twitter, Reddit, Advertising/Marketing, Technical Writing, Testing and Documentation.

Would this have been best for the project?
Would the project have grown as much? and been as successful as quickly?

===

Maybe Im a bit of a wildcard, Im not a fan of the waterfall method, bureaucracy and red tape,
I strike while the iron is hot, while Im passionate (motivated),
I take risks, I jump into unknowns and am willing to be uncomfortable,
I love the agile method, throwing paint on the wall and seeing what sticks, the creative process.

To me this is a startup company and time is of the essence.
Rob can have a fantastic product, which he does, but if no one knows about it than its not worth much.
I stepped up and filled in the missing gaps and did my best to complement my skills to Robs.

===

A large risk/downfall of the propose and wait scenario,
someone could propose that they will do X, Y, Z, we pay them, and then they take the money and run,

in these back pay scenarios, we already see that the work is done and the value the work has broughten
(so the person doing the work took on the risk and sanctuary owners didnt take on any risk)

I was willing to take the risk.

===

I want everyone to be rewarded for their work. I encourage that we back pay to people who already did work.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:36:47 PM

[New Proposal Added]

Cheers,

Nananaminer's script improved upon my Linux guide and basically made a one click miner for command line users.

I had no idea there was a -y flag that would automatically say yes during the install process, that is neat.
With my guide you have to enter in each line one by one and click enter all the time.

This script also has a parameter to add a worker name and auto add it into the config, it also auto sets up the config with the pool settings.

This script probably helped a few Linux/Ubuntu users start mining (one click mining basically),
but probably also helped miners with many machines install on all their machines quickly,
miners strengthen the network and make us more resilient to 51% attacks.

There is still a few hundred thousand coins in the IT budget for this budget cycle, Nana is only requesting 16k BBP, I vote yes

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:38:42 PM

I agree with Togo on every point he made, 100% and I have an example of where I think the consternation lies.

Up til now we had no sanctuary voting system or budget.

So volunteer work was done in the last few months with no expectation of payment, we just worked for the greater good to help the orphans.

Now a facility exists for reimbursements and rewards for departments outside of Charity for the long term well being of the community.

It is the absolute earliest to enter the proposal to get rewarded.

But in a few months, we will only be dealing with current expenses, its not as if these things will keep coming in forever.

Plus the sanctuaries can vote issues down if they seem shady.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 02:41:08 PM

I just added Vote For Proposal and Vote Against proposal in the right click of the proposal and made it a little nicer.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
seeksilence1

Activity: 86

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:55:03 PM

The previous work should be rewarded. But you need to figure out a reasonable amount. It may take 10 hours for you to do that work. But it may take other 1 hour to do the same work. It depends on the experience and how your proposal can convince other people.

Also, we all benefit from the price increase recently.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:01:07 PM

I just added Vote For Proposal and Vote Against proposal in the right click of the proposal and made it a little nicer.

I was wondering in what situations should the "abstain" vote be made? If you don't have a strong opinion either way, is it better to vote "abstain" or just to ignore a proposal?

By the way, copying to clipboard does not seem to work for me (Windows 10 Chrome). Not important, just wanted to inform you. And yes, the popup content definitely looks nicer now!
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: