Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:48:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
joelles

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:26:57 PM

seasonw btw all this helps is on forum.biblepay.org  Grin

it looks that somebody stealing/hacked our BLOCKs again. Our mined blocks going to other wallets. Changed wallet

I emailed Rob about this, it is early where he lives so he will be sleeping.
But after emailing him I did a bit more digging.

I hypothesise that these are legitimate pool addresses to deal with

a) Reducing exposure from hacking
b) to pay the automatic withdrawals

I could be wrong

But I looked through the transactions of the "strange pool addresses" and they contain sometimes lots and lots of transactions in one go. I searched in that set of transactions for my personal wallet address and it was there in many/most of the "strange pool addresses" and paid the same amount that was automatically withdrawn from the pool to my account with the new auto withdraw feature.

Therefore I think they are legitimate pool accounts that deal with the auto-withdraw feature.

Rob, please correct me if I am wrong or misleading.

Sorry for the delay, been focused for the last 12 hours on a higher priority issue that we need to take care of for Biblepay, will result in a leisure fix after we are finished testing.

As far as the pool addresses go, I created 17 pool addresses to try to get us more blocks solved.  Here are the addresses:

Address
BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL
BRj3v8wh88Gxz7CNQB9CQ614zsvSo4rGBw
B6M8S4qK1TaQhqNBXA6LKGwLv59f1NdJXB
BCwHbmfP7tEWXNgbYwfXX4WAKMJrkzAWUw
BSfnH2uxp8zm8cCmdxVLji7paJz6zNPd7J
BSJU6ShDKw9jpnBXZEBr8CVK88HCwLzdhH
BF72gCHawYN19uhNU6tCGmmZynVczKjtkt
BKHxE1271ZFHEUKGdyBpbWyPvutHjAcLYv
BGqfRBvSeFn61B1tgURhR46HaqCFVsuyS1
B74TWhTE5aCXc2WfPfZUcgQ3mnvcqFXm7J
BK96LRzL8td3VGTFDcSJpyu5fEhdL8Y6k3
BCwsx3aJmo4hMcw8dNqa6CAKGhY1tAQXv5
BLpu2s9FFs1PPjfovGgtfTD2aB43Efybuf
B8Q3jVnE5P5ku6HxM4XZmuD7sZow5xnbWr
BHgeKa8UL7t6peEbgDuU5APHZ2d8ewKCch
BJDVNCdjrGkyoiiwsGs8wGZgK7ezqKSdMX
BNtVytCkk7NQ4oRgaAL9ughEisSnsLFXb2

Thank you, what will fix involve? will we need to recompile all src again?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 06:40:32 PM

seasonw btw all this helps is on forum.biblepay.org  Grin

it looks that somebody stealing/hacked our BLOCKs again. Our mined blocks going to other wallets. Changed wallet

I emailed Rob about this, it is early where he lives so he will be sleeping.
But after emailing him I did a bit more digging.

I hypothesise that these are legitimate pool addresses to deal with

a) Reducing exposure from hacking
b) to pay the automatic withdrawals

I could be wrong

But I looked through the transactions of the "strange pool addresses" and they contain sometimes lots and lots of transactions in one go. I searched in that set of transactions for my personal wallet address and it was there in many/most of the "strange pool addresses" and paid the same amount that was automatically withdrawn from the pool to my account with the new auto withdraw feature.

Therefore I think they are legitimate pool accounts that deal with the auto-withdraw feature.

Rob, please correct me if I am wrong or misleading.

Sorry for the delay, been focused for the last 12 hours on a higher priority issue that we need to take care of for Biblepay, will result in a leisure fix after we are finished testing.

As far as the pool addresses go, I created 17 pool addresses to try to get us more blocks solved.  Here are the addresses:

Address
BNvQ5Txs1riZvuKA5W7prbtwx7PuSXXBwL
BRj3v8wh88Gxz7CNQB9CQ614zsvSo4rGBw
B6M8S4qK1TaQhqNBXA6LKGwLv59f1NdJXB
BCwHbmfP7tEWXNgbYwfXX4WAKMJrkzAWUw
BSfnH2uxp8zm8cCmdxVLji7paJz6zNPd7J
BSJU6ShDKw9jpnBXZEBr8CVK88HCwLzdhH
BF72gCHawYN19uhNU6tCGmmZynVczKjtkt
BKHxE1271ZFHEUKGdyBpbWyPvutHjAcLYv
BGqfRBvSeFn61B1tgURhR46HaqCFVsuyS1
B74TWhTE5aCXc2WfPfZUcgQ3mnvcqFXm7J
BK96LRzL8td3VGTFDcSJpyu5fEhdL8Y6k3
BCwsx3aJmo4hMcw8dNqa6CAKGhY1tAQXv5
BLpu2s9FFs1PPjfovGgtfTD2aB43Efybuf
B8Q3jVnE5P5ku6HxM4XZmuD7sZow5xnbWr
BHgeKa8UL7t6peEbgDuU5APHZ2d8ewKCch
BJDVNCdjrGkyoiiwsGs8wGZgK7ezqKSdMX
BNtVytCkk7NQ4oRgaAL9ughEisSnsLFXb2

Thank you, what will fix involve? will we need to recompile all src again?

Its hard to say, Ill let you know if its for sanctuaries only once its released.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
exyacminer

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:59:37 PM

Sorry for noob question but why does creating more pool addresses increase our chance of hitting blocks? If the answer is too complex for here can someone post a link to more info?
Thanks
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 08:28:08 PM

Sorry for noob question but why does creating more pool addresses increase our chance of hitting blocks? If the answer is too complex for here can someone post a link to more info?
Thanks
Because for one, we have very few transactions early in our life being a new coin, so that means a high percentage of the miners are creating the same block merkle root, next, when you pool mine, you tend to be mining against one address, so now we have an even less distinct block template, and finally with a low nonce requirement and enforced network timestamp, that would give most miners a high propensity to be mining the hashes and the same block, but, with a different pool address, that would make the block unique for a network segment.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
orbis

Activity: 150

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

Some suggestions:

New mandatory update, that would cripple there botnet for a while.
And we can find out if the theory is correct.

Make some 'registration' for solo miners.
If you are solo mining you need to provide a identification token that can be validated. The identification token must be requested 'by hand' via the pool/block chain.
ie: preventing automatic setup, users need todo some steps in order to be able to mine the coin. This way legit users can solo mine but botnet are likely to stop since it's lots of manual labour.

Could be something like a hash that need to be requested via a webpage with a captcha on it so that it can't be automated. Or anything.
Or block all solo mining (if possible). But that would be the least favourite option.
(although I think that if you have a low power cpu there is no reason not to join the pool, and we can prevent users from running there pc without any reason. Since the users with low cpu are probably less experienced miners)

What do you guys think?

I think, that this is great idea. I don't know if it is applicable, but that will be big disadvantage for botnet user. But on the other hand this will lead to BBP centralization.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:48:48 PM

Let's all remember that no matter how chaotic life can be sometimes, God is still in control.

Sometimes I get angry and complain. Sometimes I take my frustration out on other people. Sometimes I forget to pray, I forget to tell God that I deeply appreciate what he is doing for me. Sometimes I forget all about him. I even forget that confession and repentance are wonderful gifts that I can use at any time, day or night.

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." -James 5:16

As I am reminded of the power of prayer, I would humbly ask all of you to take a minute and pray. Please ask God to continue to bless all of us with life and grace, to be merciful to all of us and our families, to keep us safe from harm, and  to heal us. Also ask Him to be with the children, especially the orphans.

In Christ's name.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 10:15:27 PM

Biblepay Security Alert Bulletin

A vulnerability has been discovered in Instant Send that can cause an attacker who has more than 10 million BBP to double spend an instant send transaction, if they hijack the instant send attempt from their sanctuary-farm.

To mitigate this, if you are running a version prior to 1.0.7.7, please DO NOT USE INSTANT SEND to send funds.

We are patching this now in 1.0.7.7.

Note: Once you are on 1.0.7.7 a new protocol is used in instant send.

Part II:

I have tested the instant send patch and verified the new version will not cause an issue in production, but I need a little further help testing this before we build the official windows version and make a release out of it.

Could I please have a few Sanctuaries who run linux upgrade to 1.0.7.7, and please Instant Send funds from a 1.0.7.7 client to another 1.0.7.7 client? 

After we verify IS is back up on 1.0.7.7 I will need to add a checkpoint and check in the final version.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 12:13:48 AM

I have to step out but if anyone wants to help us progress on 1.0.7.7 instant send testing tonight, please upgrade your linux node, and attempt an instant send.  The instant send should throw errors in the log until we have more linux 1.0.7.7 sanctuaries upgraded.

After we confirm the "X of 10 signatures required" is incremented > 1 signature, then we can prepare a release.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:52:32 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 06:21:42 AM by znffal

Hi all,

A possibility to get BBP on a new exchange.

Recently a new decentralised exchanged launched called Next.Exchange. There has been a bit of hype around it.
One nice feature is that the community can suggest tokens to be listed there and "upvote" that token. If the post gets enough interest (250 upvotes) then they will look at listing that token.
Someone named "Jarid McCool" has already started the suggestion of listing BiblePay on Next.exchange. If you would like to try to get this to happen you can vote for this on the next.exchange website by

1. Signing up to the website using either

a) My personal affiliate link https://next.exchange/?ref=ODg0NTU2NzUzOQ
b) Navigating to https://next.exchange and signing up there directly.

2. Navigate to https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp

Upvote the suggestion, and it helps if you leave a positive comment.

Thanks

Hi all,

it turns out we can only vote 50 times per day! We hit that very quickly yesterday, so please feel free to check if you can vote again Smiley
Navigate to https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp

Also note that it was pointed out to me that you don't need to register to vote, and that registrations were not being accepted yesterday. Perhaps someone would like to check if registrations are again being accepted.

Let's try to get to 100 votes by the end of the day!

Thanks
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:10:57 AM

Hi all,

A possibility to get BBP on a new exchange.

Recently a new decentralised exchanged launched called Next.Exchange. There has been a bit of hype around it.
One nice feature is that the community can suggest tokens to be listed there and "upvote" that token. If the post gets enough interest (250 upvotes) then they will look at listing that token.
Someone named "Jarid McCool" has already started the suggestion of listing BiblePay on Next.exchange. If you would like to try to get this to happen you can vote for this on the next.exchange website by

1. Signing up to the website using either

a) My personal affiliate link https://next.exchange/?ref=ODg0NTU2NzUzOQ
b) Navigating to https://next.exchange and signing up there directly.

2. Navigate to https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp

Upvote the suggestion, and it helps if you leave a positive comment.

Thanks

Hi all,

it turns out we can only vote 50 times per day! We hit that very quickly yesterday, so please feel free to check if you can vote again Smiley
Navigate to https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp

Also note that it was pointed out to me that you don't need to register to vote, and that registrations were not being accepted yesterday. Perhaps someone would like to check if registrations are again being accepted.

Let's try to get to 100 votes by the end of the day!

Thanks

I just checked and we're at 70 up-votes. I tried to vote again, but wasn't allowed to. I also tried to register again but new registrations are currently disabled. Apparently they are still recovering from the recent DDOS attack. We all need to continue to vote, getting listed on next.exchange will be a nice win.

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." - Bible, Galatians 6:9

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:22:58 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2018, 10:02:19 AM by jaapgvk

A vulnerability has been discovered in Instant Send that can cause an attacker who has more than 10 million BBP to double spend an instant send transaction, if they hijack the instant send attempt from their sanctuary-farm.

To mitigate this, if you are running a version prior to 1.0.7.7, please DO NOT USE INSTANT SEND to send funds.

I updated my sanctuary to 1.0.7.7. But now I get a "Not capable masternode: Invalid protocol version" error. My controller wallet is on 1.0.7.6.

Sanctuary wallet is protocolversion 70713
Controller wallet is protocolversion 70712

What should I do?

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Alex873434

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:50:08 AM

I updated my sanctuary to 1.0.7.7. But now I get a "Not capable masternode: Invalid protocol version" error. My controller wallet is on 1.0.7.6.

What should I do?

I would revert your masternode back to 1.0.7.6 for now as it seems to be the simplest thing to do for now until the windows version is released.

Else, you could have your controller wallet be on linux for the time being and use the 1.0.7.7 version.

Finally, the last option would involve compiling your own qt-wallet to run the latest version but it's not very practical.

You can pm me on slack if you have any question about going with either option 1 or 2. I wouldn't really be able to help with option 3.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 02:23:02 PM

What should I do?

We're going to need to make this a mandatory upgrade to finish it.  I don't see any 70713's in the sanctuary list.

Fortunately we are still down at c-cex, so we have a chance to do this.

Standby, let me build a system wide 70713 mandatory upgrade. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Sparks1956

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:32:25 PM

Hi,
is there any chance to run a CPU miner for BibblePay on a centos7 on PPC(powerpc) 6.4?

thank you
Daniel

almost certainly.. Smiley have you  compiled miners/wallets before on that platform?

Regarding the endless questions about the pool rewards, there is far less hashpower there than people think. Maybe only 1 - 2 MHs. So the total networkhashrate could be as low 5 MHs. Anyone with a bunch of powerful CPUs will be better off solo mining as 1. they won't be subsidising us little guys and 2. they won't be paying pool fees. The only way for the pool to get more blocks is to put more hash on it, and perhaps preferably in a few big chunks rather than 100s of little workers. Suggestions anyone?

Referring to the  big chunks vs little workers :  In my experience it has been untill now  still far more efficient to operate with 16 x 1 vCPU   instead of  one 16 threads CPU (e.g. Ryzen1700)
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 03:42:45 PM

Hi,
is there any chance to run a CPU miner for BibblePay on a centos7 on PPC(powerpc) 6.4?

thank you
Daniel

almost certainly.. Smiley have you  compiled miners/wallets before on that platform?

Regarding the endless questions about the pool rewards, there is far less hashpower there than people think. Maybe only 1 - 2 MHs. So the total networkhashrate could be as low 5 MHs. Anyone with a bunch of powerful CPUs will be better off solo mining as 1. they won't be subsidising us little guys and 2. they won't be paying pool fees. The only way for the pool to get more blocks is to put more hash on it, and perhaps preferably in a few big chunks rather than 100s of little workers. Suggestions anyone?

Referring to the  big chunks vs little workers :  In my experience it has been untill now  still far more efficient to operate with 16 x 1 vCPU   instead of  one 16 threads CPU (e.g. Ryzen1700)

Yes, best to mine with vCores due to shares system, more boxes = more shares
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:52:13 PM

"I've verified my e-mail several times but the mining site refuses to remember that.
The faucet tells me to verify my e-mail address (again.) How do I fix this?" -TLM137
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/76mqqf/biblepay_faucet_free_bbp_coins_for_registering/dsmdvws/

exyacminer

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:09:50 PM

Hi,

thank you
Daniel

Yes, best to mine with vCores due to shares system, more boxes = more shares

Exactly. But the shares system is only on the pool, isn't it? Or does it apply to solo as well?
By the way, how much hashps does that Ryzen give with 16 threads?
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:47:52 PM

Wow, so much to read after 2 days of absence...

Regarding my problems with the faucet-reCaptchas: I tried with several different browsers and even different pc's, but the behaviour remains the same. The "audio" option is also useless for me, since as soon as I click on it the browser says that my IP sent too many request and is blocked.
However with some resilience I managed to get it to work twice (by solving 10-15 pictures...), so I guess there's some strange things going on with my computers...

It seems that the pool hasn't really improved block-wise, but with another mandatory incoming things could change pretty significantly, am I right?

Someone asked about BiblePay on Raspberry Pi. Today I found the time to try it, and it works very well!   Wink
Using Ubuntu Mate I compiled it with an additional 4GB of swap with the bash script from the reddit page: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b
In this script I only added the --without-gui command (as explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.msg21878389#msg21878389) and changed the make threads to 2 (instead of 4 because of the very limited amount of RAM) and it took about 2-3 hours.
Using the pi in a standard case I had to add a tiny little fan to keep temps around 70°C (otherwise it maxes out at 85°C), but the pool performance is amazing! It usually sits at an HPS2 of 20-25k (so it's 1/4th as effective as my dual Xeon machines using 1/50th of the electrical power  Grin).
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 05:56:21 PM

Regarding my problems with the faucet-reCaptchas: I tried with several different browsers and even different pc's, but the behaviour remains the same. The "audio" option is also useless for me, since as soon as I click on it the browser says that my IP sent too many request and is blocked.
However with some resilience I managed to get it to work twice (by solving 10-15 pictures...), so I guess there's some strange things going on with my computers...

It seems that the pool hasn't really improved block-wise, but with another mandatory incoming things could change pretty significantly, am I right?

Someone asked about BiblePay on Raspberry Pi. Today I found the time to try it, and it works very well!   Wink
Using Ubuntu Mate I compiled it with an additional 4GB of swap with the bash script from the reddit page: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b
In this script I only added the --without-gui command (as explained here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2042657.msg21878389#msg21878389) and changed the make threads to 2 (instead of 4 because of the very limited amount of RAM) and it took about 2-3 hours.
Using the pi in a standard case I had to add a tiny little fan to keep temps around 70°C (otherwise it maxes out at 85°C), but the pool performance is amazing! It usually sits at an HPS2 of 20-25k (so it's 1/4th as effective as my dual Xeon machines using 1/50th of the electrical power  Grin).

Great job on the Pi man!  Maybe you can put it in a weatherproof box and mount it on the roof and make it solar + wifi, completely wireless?  Check out ossias 1.5v wireless AA batteries, once those get here we could make a wireless laptop.

Im still working with Alex in slack on instantsend, we are trying to get an IS to go through on protocol version 70713.  Hence the release delay.  There is an unofficial release out there on the web site for windows that allows you to boot your controller wallet and start your sancs... but its unofficial.

The technical issue going on is in 70713, we are receiving a log entry saying that foreign sanctuary can not lock the funds for the IS payment to go through... frustrating, but we are debugging it...

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:00:48 PM

Sweet, I'd love to know what model you use of Raspberry Pi.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: