Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 12:10:35 AM

Why even have PoG when you can get rid of PoDC and use PoBH exclusively? Just change the terms of mining rewards. PoBH distributes 100%. 90% goes to wallet and 10% of that goes to tithing as a split payment... isn't that true tithing where you give 10% of your earnings? Have it automatically solo mine with no biblepay.conf . All you need to participate it just keep the wallet running 24/7. The algorithm wouldn't be based on hash power but some other algorithm that is more equitable where you are rewarded for running the network.

secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:31:10 AM

Why even have PoG when you can get rid of PoDC and use PoBH exclusively? Just change the terms of mining rewards. PoBH distributes 100%. 90% goes to wallet and 10% of that goes to tithing as a split payment... isn't that true tithing where you give 10% of your earnings? Have it automatically solo mine with no biblepay.conf . All you need to participate it just keep the wallet running 24/7. The algorithm wouldn't be based on hash power but some other algorithm that is more equitable where you are rewarded for running the network.

POBH makes sense, and is easily explained to anyone that's mined before.

To piggyback, why not keep PODC as an option for those that don't like the tithe concept? If it's preferred to use POBH, then make the PODC rewards less proportionally. That way one can go the tithing route, or one can do PODC and accrue other coins/tokens simultaneously, if that's their interest.

Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:37:51 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2018, 02:08:19 AM by Cryptoalt1990

I'm sorry but just by reading the last few posts you wrote, I don't understand how that system is supposedly much easier to understand.

You talked about the terms used by PODC as a way to show how difficult it is to understand, but POG has quite a few of them too as someone previously pointed that out.

diff, min coin age, max tithe amount, min coin amount, reaper reward, sower reward etc..

There are way more variables you need to take into account to properly understand and estimate how "profitable" mining Biblepay would be and if you should mine it or mine another coin.

Again, I think you will end up with very confused people asking why their wallet is "stealing" their coins and sending them to the foundation address, why they're giving x amount of coins but just receiving y, people making a mistake and asking if the foundation can refund them, etc.

Also, can we just close the poll/thread in the other forum since it obviously won't be taken into account last the last poll?

I don't know if one should laugh or cry over this.

Not really sure what you mean by this?
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 02:56:53 AM

Why has the price of BBP rocketed higher today at SouthXchange?

Now at 0.00000019 BTC.

Nothing to worry about, I can sell 100k now and we will be back to 8 Satoshi Smiley

Was that you pumping and dumping today? From 9 to to 19 back to 10 sats on good volume.
harrisvan87

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:38:36 AM

You guys make a poll remove blacklist to call PODC commuinity to join + stake and now make a poll to kick them away....this going funny..coin.
How about your excited word for IPFS and now its nowhere.The lead dev dont bring to us the stability and trust for his idea ...it does not important what your concept.
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 04:54:01 AM

You guys make a poll remove blacklist to call PODC commuinity to join + stake and now make a poll to kick them away....this going funny..coin.
How about your excited word for IPFS and now its nowhere.The lead dev dont bring to us the stability and trust for his idea ...it does not important what your concept.

If you're not tech savvy, its not easy to set up BOINC and set up staking for BBP. BiblePay is trying to reach more people so the method to earn has to be simple. BOINC is very science oriented with tech people. I'm glad BiblePay is helping to contribute to cancer research. But we need a bigger audience than BOINC, because many of science oriented people are anti-religious and vehemently express their opinions in some channels. In some way BiblePay and BOINC is not a good fit. Of course, there are Christian science oriented individuals, they are a thin slice from BOINC I think.

PoDC going away will be done slowly if all goes as planned.

I remember IPFS was going to be used for some decentralized BiblePay content, but I'm not sure how much further bible_pay has gone with it. I was able to successfully upload pictures, videos, and other content to IPFS while paying BiblePay testnet. So, it is working, just not released to everyone.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:44:07 AM

Masternodes.Pro was paid for another year of listing,
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=313.0

Theyre offering us a free 7 days of banner advertising!

Anyone have Graphic Design skills that can help create a banner?

Desktop:   1000x60px
Mobile:     300x50px

Turn off your adblocker on this site to see examples of the banners currently being advertised:
https://masternodes.pro/statistics

This is banner that fox123me created for BiblePay for Bitcointalk:
http://fozy.altervista.org/latest-banners.html

fox123me attached files/script in the Bitcointalk Advertising forum thread:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=83.0

Can anyone help with this?

Created a reddit post requesting help:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/a39oin/advertising_banner_need_help/

Ill create something if no one steps up the next few days

vahtis

Activity: 153

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 07:39:20 AM

I'm sorry but just by reading the last few posts you wrote, I don't understand how that system is supposedly much easier to understand.

You talked about the terms used by PODC as a way to show how difficult it is to understand, but POG has quite a few of them too as someone previously pointed that out.

diff, min coin age, max tithe amount, min coin amount, reaper reward, sower reward etc..

There are way more variables you need to take into account to properly understand and estimate how "profitable" mining Biblepay would be and if you should mine it or mine another coin.

Again, I think you will end up with very confused people asking why their wallet is "stealing" their coins and sending them to the foundation address, why they're giving x amount of coins but just receiving y, people making a mistake and asking if the foundation can refund them, etc.

Also, can we just close the poll/thread in the other forum since it obviously won't be taken into account last the last poll?

Not really sure what you mean by this?

Sorry about my directness in the following sentences. I will most likely regret this opening, but I need to speak up.

This project seems to be one man show. Rob could be doing most profitable work when consentrating into development work. Instead he is here arguing over new concepts even there is dedicated people on project for answering in forums. If they cannot answer to questions based on information on wiki site, maybe wiki should be clarified.

Polls are created on the other forum and if the results is not as wanted then proposal is created on the sanctuaries where there is quaranteed success. I know it is not tehcnically quaranteed as there Rob does not own over half of sanctuaries, but in practice situation is different. This is bit of speculation as we do not know who owns sanctuaries, but for certain we know that some people have more than one sanctuary and they have stronger vote on sanctuaries than on forum. IMO Majority of people interested on this project will not have ever own sanctuary, so if sanctuaries are the place for decisions it will decision is not made by public opinion.

There is a constant flow of new concepts and ideas and they are tested even before polls, if made, are ended.

I feel thet people are bringing up their concerns about things, but concerns are shut down with questionable word choises.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:23:34 AM

I remember Rob and Sunk were both talking with SimpleSwap a couple months ago,
were we able to make a deal with them?

https://simpleswap.io/

I think the issue is he e-mailed you at your biblepay address and I just replied and said to give us a couple weeks to work some things out and he replied to all and said OK.

He had a couple questions to you about twitter I think.

I transferred ownership of @BiblePay Twitter to Thesnat21:
https://twitter.com/BiblePay

Twitter Admins and Contributors are managed on TweetDeck:
https://tweetdeck.twitter.com

BiblePay Ownership List: 
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/9utdsh/biblepay_ownership_list/

Last I can remember, I agreed to SimpleSwap's social media / advertising requests they had, 3-4 twitter posts, etc

I can send you my personal email address if you'd like to add me to the email chain to help move this forward,
I believe this is a good opportunity to jump on, and Im willing to help if no one else will Wink

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:33:35 AM

As I have expressed to Rob in past communications, I am more aligned with PoW philosophy, which is the one that one took BTC from $0 to $19k.

This is what someone mentioned above: only what costs unforgeable effort adds real value.

This does not mean that we can't discuss and explore new concepts, I think it's better than doing nothing for months which is what you see on the other 99% altcoins.
In this sense, I really appreciate Rob's efforts.

Regarding Biblepay's rebase with Dash, status of code rebase is 64% of the command line daemon and client (QT UI will be left for later on).
I'm leaving miner stuff for the last phase to avoid rebasing code that might change.

After pure code rebase I see these tasks:
- Review with Rob all the biblepay code conficts with new Dash features (DIP2, 3, 4)
- Then try to compile biblepayd, biblepay-cli
- Create a workable devnet.
- Meanwhile in parallel start the QT rebase effort.
- When devnet is working, move on to testnet and check through the masternode migration plan, to test that each step is flowing fine.

Every task in this list will require considerable time and effort, but it will be well worth it I think.
capulo

Activity: 491

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:37:22 AM

any problem around block 87315? it takes eternity... 2hrs to jump to next block
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:35:22 AM

Why has the price of BBP rocketed higher today at SouthXchange?

Now at 0.00000019 BTC.

Nothing to worry about, I can sell 100k now and we will be back to 8 Satoshi Smiley

Was that you pumping and dumping today? From 9 to to 19 back to 10 sats on good volume.

No, not me. But the move was rather simple to explain: the sell wall at 10 satoshi was lifted (could be the seller buying his own coins with 0.2% trade cost), and the remaining price levels did not really hold a lot of coins so a few hundred USD after 10 satoshi showed us the spike.

Such things happen. I will be excited and optimistic when I see buy walls @ 10,11 satoshis, not hit-and-runs like yesterday Smiley
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:40:52 AM

Such things happen. I will be excited and optimistic when I see buy walls @ 10,11 satoshis, not hit-and-runs like yesterday Smiley

Although there is a lot of road ahead, the increase in volume is a good sign,
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 02:50:52 PM

My guess is a ramp-up of difficulty,  our POW hashrate is much higher than its been.

Looks like we had a 12k difficulty block, that took 98mins to mine.
shorty34

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 03:00:57 PM

My guess is a ramp-up of difficulty,  our POW hashrate is much higher than its been.

Looks like we had a 12k difficulty block, that took 98mins to mine.

PODC difficulty is also increasing, these are good indicators for me Smiley
bible_pay (OP)

Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:29:39 PM

None of this is accurate though;  in reality, I called to remove the blacklist because I believed we would have an inrush of boinc miners, and that didn't pan out (that was done in the spirit of easy adoption also).  Writing POG is continuing the mission of easy adoption.  So these two things arent a sign of "insanity" HA ha....

As far as IPFS, make no mistake, Im super excited about it.  I have a whole suite of little ideas and tests (I have a whole DAHF block syncer in IPFS that we will not use) but what stays is Christian related - and these are not things to go in the trash.  Just because I'm currently working on POG in testnet doesn't mean IPFS or our roadmap is inaccurate.  I think IPFS is a future cornerstone for BiblePay, in many ways. 

We are working on stability!  This is happening right now.  If you want progress to be faster, send me a few more devs with 3+ years blockchain c++ experience.  Right now MIP is working full time on Dash commits - and has exceeded my expectations btw in every way, and I'm back to working full time now that I removed DAHF from BiblePay.

Also, God is answering our prayers; we have fasted and prayed for the stability of BiblePay.  He is leading us down paths of righteousness that are longer term paths that people with short term greed cannot fully understand at this time.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:49:49 PM

Look on the bright side: we are discussing a possible algorithm change openly with people pointing out potential exploits and challenges. It is like a board meeting with nothing paid to consultants Smiley

I am against POG in general since it sounds like a lottery (with somewhat predictable results and a definite profit in the end of the day) which reduces the cost of minting coins. When you tithe 300 BBP and get 4800 BBP (more or less, according to a calculation based on 100k BBP tithe cap and 1.6M BBP emission per day), you have no reason to be picky about the market price to sell them. Most people will just dump these easy earnings for BTC. My personal belief and experience is that nothing without effort and pain behind it holds any value. PODC is hard work and pain (if you are not just renting out cloud servers).

We should keep discussing, not until consensus, but until a clear majority of opinion. My biggest worry at the moment is that the progress seems to be too fast. We had a vote in the forum that ended with the rejection of POG. A bit too quickly, POG-2 was put on the table with another poll for it (which is going towards rejection of it again, by the way); and then over a quick public talk between Togo and Rob we now have a masternode proposal being voted. Why the rush? I mean, the bear market is not going anywhere, and we are already close to rock bottom. Even junk coins with no features or future potential have 200kUSD market cap, and we are a bit above that (despite all the pros and provable charity associated with BBP). It's not like we will self-destruct if we continue things as they are, right?

I see a tiny bit of your point on these aspects, however I have to disagree with all of it in general.

I still think easy-adoption is a key feature for wallet replication and therefore mass user count.  We had one poll that was shot down for a completely different idea - POG1 - which had the uncertainty principle in it.  POG2 isn't at all like a lottery.  The difficulty level is given up front before you tithe.  If you meet the parameters and successfully tithe, you are sure and definitely in the pool and will receive a reward (actually you will receive 12 rewards for one tithe) so its not like a lottery.

As far as electricity costs and suffering, this is the part I mostly agree with - miners will be reluctant to sell coins if they are sold at a loss on the exchange therefore we will have a basic propensity to maintain a satoshi level at or above the electric cost.  But is that our greatest mission?  To maintain a price of our commodity at the electric rate?  I say no it shouldnt be.   I think people need to consider the effect of how many coins are lost on average - I dont have the study in front of me - but an average of 19% of digital coins in hard drives are lost per year - and its higher on the percent scale for coins that have billions of quantity like us.  So I can offer a counter argument that in scenario B when we have 2000 laptops mining as compared to 200 PODC miners, not only did they collectively spend as much in electricty, but they lost more biblepay coins.  I dont mean to say this in a negative way, people have to make backups to keep their coins.  But the point is 20% of those users will end up losing coins because they lose their laptops or computers.  So this is the alternative with easy adoption.

Also these new users become valuable community members.

Its not true that Im manipulating polls; Togo pointed out the danger of relying on multiple choice web polls and I agree.  As you can see the Sanc poll is showing a lot of interest in pog2!  And I am holding off on my vote weight to see how its going before weighing in completely.

Let's face it:  we have the most vocal existing PODC miners with their BIASED opinions posting here!  There you have it, Im neutral and looking for the best foundation for biblepay.  Lets work together.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 03:57:51 PM

Because we are learning from our past that pure POBH on CPUs didn't work by itself, remember?  Remember the botnets and the upgrade problems?  CPU mining has an element of greed in it because it is easily replicatable across nodes, and therefore it ends up rewarding the botnet who spent the most on electricity.

Thats the whole point of POG addressing this- POG rewards those who tithe the most by adding them in the pool with tithe_weight.

I don't understand rest of the paragraph - it would need expanded to contain critical details to be evaluated without those it's not valuable.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 04:13:13 PM

Its not true that Im manipulating polls; Togo pointed out the danger of relying on multiple choice web polls and I agree.  

Not sure if that was addressed to me but:

1) I never talked about you manipulating polls.
2) I am just stating facts. The poll currently opened on the forum doesn't matter since you went with the masternode proposal route. People are still voting on this poll. Close it since it is of no use now and will avoid confusion.

As you can see the Sanc poll is showing a lot of interest in pog2!  And I am holding off on my vote weight to see how its going before weighing in completely.

1) I think you are not neutral and would like to go with POG tbh. I think a lot of people (if not everyone here) know so.
2) You have an interesting point. By going with the proposal way, that means that all the current PODC miners with their stake locked in PODC (instead of masternodes) cannot express their opinion right now.
3) Which brings me to this point, you want adoption by attracting more miners but do not seem to give a lot of weight about the opinion of your current miners. Seems a bit paradoxical to me.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 04:24:24 PM

Its not true that Im manipulating polls; Togo pointed out the danger of relying on multiple choice web polls and I agree.  As you can see the Sanc poll is showing a lot of interest in pog2!  And I am holding off on my vote weight to see how its going before weighing in completely.

Not sure if that was addressed to me but:

1) I never talked about you manipulating polls.
2) I am just stating facts. The poll currently opened on the forum doesn't matter since you went with the masternode proposal route. People are still voting on this poll. Close it since it is of no use now and will avoid confusion.

Its not true that Im manipulating polls; Togo pointed out the danger of relying on multiple choice web polls and I agree.  As you can see the Sanc poll is showing a lot of interest in pog2!  And I am holding off on my vote weight to see how its going before weighing in completely.

1) I think you are not neutral and would like to go with POG tbh. I think a lot of people (if not everyone here) know so.
2) You have an interesting point. By going with the proposal way, that means that all the current PODC miners with their stake locked in PODC (instead of masternodes) cannot expressed their opinion right now.

I never said the live web poll was not valuable, I just gave it a value lower than Sanc polls.  It's not expired yet; so it should stay.  It will stay because people are still making comments on the thread also.  And I would like to see how it ends.

(Not worried about who specifically said I was manipulating - I wanted to express my opinion on how we ended up with a sanc poll).

Your opinion about me being biased towards POG vs PODC is based on your perception that I favor POG because I like it personally, but in reality I would vote for POG based on the easy-adoption potential, not because I like POG more than cancer mining.  So let me clear the record for you:  I would like to use the algorithm that provides easy adoption - and Im neutral about cancer mining vs POG. 

On #2, no - Incorrect - you have no idea how many PODC miners have sancs.  However, Sancs should make the financial decisions for this community.  Therefore we should have a Prod proposal for POG *after* the testnet era is over.  This will give much clearer insight for everone on if it should be promoted to prod.  (Even if we use POG to replace POBH for a while - Im saying this would be a proposal to promote POG to replace PODC for a certain mandatory in the future).  Thats clearly a sanctuary poll and decision.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: