Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 02:38:56 AM

I have to agree with nsummy we need just one place for announcements, not spread all over several place like here, discord, biblepay forum and reddit. I would suggest biblepay forum as you would have more control over that avenue of communication with our own mods. It would be great if possible to have the choice of the wallets having a setting for auto update and restart, but I suppose it would all depend on the difficulty in making that work with the wallets and such.

On the mandatory upgrades we have been good about A) Checking in a Release (in contrast to a Commit), B) Posting a mandatory notice here, C) We post on twitter, D) We update the pool front page, E) The client gives a warning when the version changes (I admit, this changes for *every* version, so its not working as intended for releases).

For this particular upgrade:
Please keep your eyes peeled for a twitter update and a post here in a couple more days.

The auto-update feature may be possible some day in windows.  (Linux is too big of a security risk to code it in).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 02:45:21 AM

You usually take things the wrong way so I'll just ignore you calling me a troll.

Folks, looks like you have to belong to Team BiblePay again to receive BBP payment.

My RAC went from 58,435 to 64 RAC because my WCG team was not BiblePay (it is currently OByte aka ByteBall).
https://forum.biblepay.org/tools/podcstatus.php?cpid=c3939b61e69c6bde1eddb06708e0f96e

We had at least one GridCoin user who amassed 577k BBP get so disgusted with the shenanigans, he just donated all his BBP stash to distance himself from the craziness. May the Lord bless his generosity. http://explorer.biblepay.org/tx/fcea9fbccb28de6506a810309f6b3fb31baf1f27f156215471db19b3bfd36375

I'm all for stopping cheaters from wallet hopping to earn more than their BBP holdings can handle, but look at all the other people that are negatively affected. We're talking about at least 600+ grcpool users and who knows how many else that PoDC via BOINC or mining PoBH.

All for what? So, you can stop 1 jerkoff cheater? This is a huge reputation cost to BiblePay. Totally not worth it.

I was trying to infer that the web site is in our repo and has been there; sorry to come across negatively.

TheSnat said 5 users were cheating and they were all GRC based so thats why we put the poll in, and the poll ended up pointing to adding the spork back in to require team bbp.  I just added it a couple hours ago, so it should take a full 24 hours for the sancs to start voting down the people with missing PODC updates.

But Im not sure I would be so flexible on the issue - cheating carries a lot of weight, it shouldnt have been done, so there are ramifications, and we were very patient in responding to the issue in a slow way (for example I waited 3 extra days to take a look at the entire situation).

If I can offer a suggestion.  If this coin is ever going to become mainstream, people need to know about major updates/changes without spending massive amounts of time reading bitcointalk and other forums.  The client lets us know when its out of date. Would it be possible to also notify us when something major changes i.e. changes to team requirements?  As far as I can tell this change is communicated nowhere except on a few pages of posts here.

I highly recommend monitoring the proposals in the pool.  Any major decision requires a vote.

Twitter should fill in the gaps; if it is not we need to tweet better.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 02:48:37 AM

No, I dont - thats why I asked.  A screenshot does not tell me what the original value is - it tells me what was on the screen in the first shot.....

Please start behaving in a more respectful way.  

I don't have a theme selected. Just for thoroughness, I tried no theme selected, BiblePay, or Dark. It doesn't matter... F5 (refresh) brings up a blank background.

I also ordered $15 subway gift card for 46,750 BBP. Let's see how that goes.

I wouldn't mind if $25 Amazon gift card eDelivery is made an option.

Please test f5 in the pool now (using either theme) - I believe the problem is solved for good.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 03:09:00 AM

No, I dont - thats why I asked.  A screenshot does not tell me what the original value is - it tells me what was on the screen in the first shot.....

I don't have a theme selected. Just for thoroughness, I tried no theme selected, BiblePay, or Dark. It doesn't matter... F5 (refresh) brings up a blank background.

Please test f5 in the pool now (using either theme) - I believe the problem is solved for good.

Wow, its gotten even worse. The top of the page is blank and you have to scroll a full page down to see the white background.

No thats because we have a new css, you have to push the f5 once to get the new pool site.

I should tell everyone:  Please clear your cache before testing this.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 03:50:50 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2019, 05:55:55 AM by sunk818

No thats because we have a new css, you have to push the f5 once to get the new pool site.

I should tell everyone:  Please clear your cache before testing this.

I cleared my cache, no change in display. Same symptoms. Tried on fresh blank cleared cache of Chrome & Firefox.

Quote from: bible_pay
Subway ... Walmart

On the other hand, looks my Subway card is progressing...

What's your secret hot sauce here? I'm intrigued this can actually happen.

I'm trying myself using OpenBazaar to open up a decentralized store (using IPFS) and accepting major crypto for widgets: https://openbazaar.org/

SUBWAY15   Subway $15.00 Gift Card   1/27/2019 10:42:58 PM   46750.0000      #2991950-993759   WAITING FOR TRACKING #   1/28/2019 8:30:48 PM

I have to agree with nsummy we need just one place for announcements, not spread all over several place like here, discord, biblepay forum and reddit. I would suggest biblepay forum as you would have more control over that avenue of communication with our own mods. It would be great if possible to have the choice of the wallets having a setting for auto update and restart, but I suppose it would all depend on the difficulty in making that work with the wallets and such.

There's been two efforts to only show update notice on mandatory and test builds not show this message. Mip has made progress branching off test versus production versions. Require more work but progress is being made.

Better communication is needed. Usually Togo is the lead on this front but personal matters have rightfully taken priority. I think the newsletter signups is a good source so please sign up if you want the latest updates.

I did sign up for the news letter on the 2/12/2018 and confirmed subscription, but as of yet I have not received any news letter or communications when I go to look on the site it says.

"Your subscription has been confirmed! Thank you!"

I understand that personal matters take precedence and would not wish it any other way.

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/issues/60

MIP said, "We are already working on it to separate master/develop branches for prod/testnet respectively."

So, once the underlying infrastructure changes, I think the wallet upgrade notices can be specifically for production as well.

vahtis

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 08:05:51 AM

Wow, its gotten even worse. The top of the page is blank and you have to scroll a full page down to see the white background.

I created issue
https://github.com/biblepay/BiblePayPool/issues/12

Unfortunately refreshing does not help. You need to close tab and open again to get out of this problem
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 01:22:03 PM

I created issue

Unfortunately refreshing does not help. You need to close tab and open again to get out of this problem

Ok, Ill comment on this f5 issue in the ticket - thanks for creating a ticket.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 01:40:41 PM

I should tell everyone:  Please clear your cache before testing this.

I cleared my cache, no change in display. Same symptoms. Tried on fresh blank cleared cache of Chrome & Firefox.

Quote from: bible_pay
Subway ... Walmart

On the other hand, looks my Subway card is progressing...

What's your secret hot sauce here? I'm intrigued this can actually happen.

I'm trying myself using OpenBazaar to open up a decentralized store (using IPFS) and accepting major crypto for widgets: https://openbazaar.org/

SUBWAY15   Subway $15.00 Gift Card   1/27/2019 10:42:58 PM   46750.0000      #2991950-993759   WAITING FOR TRACKING #   1/28/2019 8:30:48 PM

There's been two efforts to only show update notice on mandatory and test builds not show this message. Mip has made progress branching off test versus production versions. Require more work but progress is being made.

Better communication is needed. Usually Togo is the lead on this front but personal matters have rightfully taken priority. I think the newsletter signups is a good source so please sign up if you want the latest updates.

I did sign up for the news letter on the 2/12/2018 and confirmed subscription, but as of yet I have not received any news letter or communications when I go to look on the site it says.

"Your subscription has been confirmed! Thank you!"

I understand that personal matters take precedence and would not wish it any other way.

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/issues/60

MIP said, "We are already working on it to separate master/develop branches for prod/testnet respectively."

So, once the underlying infrastructure changes, I think the wallet upgrade notices can be specifically for production as well.

We integrated the pool with the Walmart API.

10-4 on MIP doing this, thats awesome news.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 01:41:58 PM

I created issue

Ok, Ill comment on this f5 issue in the ticket - thanks for creating a ticket.

Ok, please try again, the root of the problem was not actually solved until now.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Borgholio

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 05:49:02 PM

Hi!  I know that recently the requirement was put into place where to get PODC payments, we had to join the Biblepay team.  A few days ago I did that, but I'm still not getting any payments.  PODC updates appear to be going out fine, and I am running the latest version of the wallet.  Anybody have any suggestions on what to try next?  Or is this just a waiting game and the whole process takes a few days?  Thanks!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 06:13:13 PM

Hi!  I know that recently the requirement was put into place where to get PODC payments, we had to join the Biblepay team.  A few days ago I did that, but I'm still not getting any payments.  PODC updates appear to be going out fine, and I am running the latest version of the wallet.  Anybody have any suggestions on what to try next?  Or is this just a waiting game and the whole process takes a few days?  Thanks!

May we have your CPID?  TheSnat has created a tool for debugging this issue here:

https://forum.biblepay.org/tools/podcstatus.php?cpid=1988270#addresshistory

You can paste your CPID here and see if any common errors appear.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:03:24 PM

Hey guys, on the topic of communication,

Rob communicates in this bitcointalk thread, in the biblepay.org forum and on github

I dont think a lot of people, especially less technical, read this bitcointalk thread,
[and if they do, they probably only read the latest few posts (and do not click back to previous pages)]

NOTE: In the top right of this thread I believe you can click "watch" to get email notifications of new posts

Large part of how I got started with BiblePay was documenting and spreading information in this thread and in the forum to others across Twitter, Reddit and Discord

=

I think email is probably the best way to keep those not as involved up to date

I believe Rob has an email list of everyone who has registered for the pool website
and I believe Jaap set up a newsletter plugin for the biblepay.org wordpress website

=

We need people to step up and help out (you can get paid in BBP for your work too!)
http://wiki.biblepay.org/UnderstandingGovernance

We need help running an email newsletter
We need help communicating on Facebook
We need help creating youtube videos
We need help writing articles

Here is an incomplete ownership list of different resources:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/9utdsh/biblepay_ownership_list/

=

Right now there are 3 things I see that we can communicate:
1. What is Proof of Giving (POG)
2. BBP Team Requirement added back
3. Mandatory Upgrade v1.1.8.5

I will move forward with spreading this on Reddit, Twitter and Discord, but I need help with the others

=

Also, We also need to advertise our monthly budget proposals a lot more, they haven't been getting much comments or votes, How many masternode owners knew this months voting deadline has passed and the budget is paying out in 6 hours? (Personally I even forgot to submit my explorer proposal haha)

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:11:52 PM

lol,its so hard pin new updates to main web?  Huh

macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 07:57:15 PM

lol,its so hard pin new updates to main web?  Huh

Too hard. We're as rabbits to test new ideas...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 09:46:07 PM

** CRITICAL NOTE **

We have not notified anyone of the mandatory upgrade yet (except the exchanges).  We will include instructions on how to set up auto-tithing for POG in the release details.

For now, if you decide to upgrade early, please do not add tithe=nn to your production config file (otherwise you will auto-tithe to the foundation address and lose the BBP).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:07:18 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2019, 10:23:51 PM by macko20

Rob!!!
---------------------------------

Dear All,

We have a mandatory upgrade coming at block 100,001.  (This is approx. 10.5 days away).

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases/tag/1.1.8.5

Will you please ensure our crypto-wallet trading platform is placed into maintenance before block 100,000 or upgraded.  It is OK to upgrade now.

Thank you and best wishes for a prosperous and God filled 2019.

Rob Andrews
Founder
BiblePay

I will notify everyone here of our release once 1.1.8.5 is ready to download.

----------------------------------
** CRITICAL NOTE **

We have not notified anyone of the mandatory upgrade yet (except the exchanges).  We will include instructions on how to set up auto-tithing for POG in the release details.

For now, if you decide to upgrade early, please do not add tithe=nn to your production config file (otherwise you will auto-tithe to the foundation address and lose the BBP).

-------------------------------------------------

tragedio - comedy Rob....

Borgholio

Activity: 99

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:15:13 PM

May we have your CPID?  TheSnat has created a tool for debugging this issue here:

Hi!  Here is my CPID:

54d2a30e96db342462808e0bed89228d

I used the link you provided and it shows two errors, one is that the team Gridcoin is blacklisted (which I knew and changed over to Biblepay for both Rosetta and WCG, although Rosetta hasn't updated yet it seems).    The second error is that I don't have enough stake, and I can see that my stake went down to 10 yesterday (probably due to the team issue).  It looks like since that was less than 24 hours ago, do I just have to wait until my stake is 24 hours old?  Thanks!
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 11:06:51 PM

Rob!!!
---------------------------------

Dear All,

We have a mandatory upgrade coming at block 100,001.  (This is approx. 10.5 days away).

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases/tag/1.1.8.5

Will you please ensure our crypto-wallet trading platform is placed into maintenance before block 100,000 or upgraded.  It is OK to upgrade now.

Thank you and best wishes for a prosperous and God filled 2019.

Rob Andrews
Founder
BiblePay

I will notify everyone here of our release once 1.1.8.5 is ready to download.

----------------------------------
** CRITICAL NOTE **

We have not notified anyone of the mandatory upgrade yet (except the exchanges).  We will include instructions on how to set up auto-tithing for POG in the release details.

-------------------------------------------------

tragedio - comedy Rob....

What do you mean?  We have to notify exchanges at least 10 days in advance or we could be delisted.

We have not notified the users of the mandatory yet.

So why do you say comedy?

I'm warning people not to turn on POG *mining* early.  It must be ready to mine now for a smooth cutover at the block height.  The POG flag does not cut over for *rewards* until the cutover height, but we do not explicitly block people from setting up the miner a day early (otherwise the miner would not turn on if the client was already booted early).

If you want to bash us, look for a failure after block 100,000 and then you will get your horror and comedy show, but lets pray that does not happen. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 11:07:57 PM

Hi!  Here is my CPID:

I used the link you provided and it shows two errors, one is that the team Gridcoin is blacklisted (which I knew and changed over to Biblepay for both Rosetta and WCG, although Rosetta hasn't updated yet it seems).    The second error is that I don't have enough stake, and I can see that my stake went down to 10 yesterday (probably due to the team issue).  It looks like since that was less than 24 hours ago, do I just have to wait until my stake is 24 hours old?  Thanks!

Can someone please help?  I have to step out in a couple mins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 01:36:35 AM

Hi!  Here is my CPID:

You're assessment is correct.

Rosetta reports team's and stats once a day,  after this is updated I suspect you will see both the rac stake increase.

It may still be a another day for the sanctuaries to catch up unfortunately.  Hopefully the it updates prior to their lockout window
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: