Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:17:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243165 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
JennyR

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:13:46 PM

We have next fork now, its the end.

Same here,

Different machines show different fork blocks after update to 1.1.9.9g version.

After such a long time, it still failed to return on the right block, which is worrying.  Undecided

I gave some power on correct chain(about 40% all), we must waiting ....

wchich one is correct, i have wallets on blocks 107049, 107076 and 107021
107076 in most cases
few wallets unable to connect peers

good question ...  hard to say which is the "real" chain at this point

Please try not to quote banned members posts, thanks.

Sir, I don’t know who is banned or not. I just have the same problem.

Captain, the ship is in a storm and we are ALL in it. Please give us clear and concise instructions what to do when our wallets show different block counts even after multiple restarts. Where can we find the latest correct hash of the main kosha chain updated in real time, please?

We need your help and direction in times like this, Sir, to steady the ship. May God speed you! We await your instructions....
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:15:25 PM

107076 in most cases

Did you re-sync the chain from zero? 

This is not a true complaint from these other trollers!  The chain is syncing fine.

Every Node needs resynced from zero that was above 107,000 after the upgrade.

clean install, i stopped podc and install wallet and start it. then several rescan, reindex, delete all, reinstall, uninstall etc... Smiley
also trying with clean config file or with added nodes

nothing help to get peers, only if i copy peers file from another wallet, then it starts connecting somewhere

Ok yeah I think a lot of our peers banned each other due to the constant asking for blocks. 

Let me look at each chain in getchaintips.

It appears the problem is we have network fragmentation; the pool is not connected to a node that my home network is connected to; so it doesnt even have the block header or that chain.

I believe we need to ask people to delete banlist.dat and resync the chain.

In the meantime, Ill run a global command to delete banlist.dat and resync all of my sancs - since they are public that will potentially help bridge the problem together.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:17:25 PM

Same here,

After such a long time, it still failed to return on the right block, which is worrying.  Undecided

107076 in most cases

good question ...  hard to say which is the "real" chain at this point

Please try not to quote banned members posts, thanks.

Sir, I don’t know who is banned or not. I just have the same problem.

Captain, the ship is in a storm and we are ALL in it. Please give us clear and concise instructions what to do when our wallets show different block counts even after multiple restarts. Where can we find the latest correct hash of the main kosha chain updated in real time, please?

We need your help and direction in times like this, Sir, to steady the ship. May God speed you! We await your instructions....

Thanks Jenny - please do this:

- Wait 10 minutes for me to issue the global command to my sancs
- cd %appdata%\biblepaycore
- rm banlist.dat
- rm blocks -r
- rm chainstate -r
- Restart wallet

The theory is that by removing the banlist, we will see each others nodes.

Thanks,
Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 10:20:04 PM

Same here,

107076 in most cases

Did you re-sync the chain from zero? 

This is not a true complaint from these other trollers!  The chain is syncing fine.

Every Node needs resynced from zero that was above 107,000 after the upgrade.

Relax Rob,

We have to recover the main chain. There is a problem and we are here to help.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:24:42 PM

Did you see how the mean spirited individual took this out of context and tried to imply we are smaller by pointing fingers, etc, instead of looking at what we can do to grow?

I see the context of this post as positive, it means all of the lazy armchair whiners are who helped cause us to shrink, or possibly people leaving because of the low price.

Either way it would be nice to form a solid group with the Holy Spirit to propel us forward.

Yes, there is always a possibility for us to pull together and be greater than the sum of our parts. What kind of activities could we be doing that would spread the message and improve our impact?

Could you please start a thread with TheSnat on forum.biblepay.org, and we can all get involved in the conversation when bandwidth opens up (most likely the day Evolution goes into testnet).  Until then were pretty much working 24/7 to release Evolution to testnet, so replying here would not give the subject the time or intelligence it deserves.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:26:16 PM

No Macko your not- you have been banned, so please dont disguise yourself as someone who cares after stealing over 1 mil bbp from the exchange and having a long history of disrespect here - you are already banned until you personally apologize to me and show that you can change.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:31:47 PM

Ok I deleted banlist and Im resyncing all my sancs, not sure if it will help others but lets see what happens in 30 mins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:47:59 PM

Im seeing this hash on 90% of my peers:

getblockhash 107086
3dba45d9162957eb7feaf6e40e8fb9f55d6155236ab1dfbc4a5ab80bcb3bf0cc

POW diff:  1279

Its a little too early to tell; resyncing the pool;  Ill check again in 20 mins.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Kismar

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:07:41 PM

getblockhash 107086

Its a little too early to tell; resyncing the pool;  Ill check again in 20 mins.

my 2 wallets and masternode agree with this.  Though my linux wallet crashed, didn't see any errors in the debug log, only had this from the command prompt:

[1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ./biblepay/src/qt/biblepay-qt

I restarted it and will let you know if it happens again.
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:24:24 PM

getblockhash 107086

This is also where my wallets (1199g synced from scratch) landed on. Let's hope the network can agree on this chain. Also the pool seems to accept the solutions now. Good work so far!
bbptoshi
Copper Member

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 11:58:25 PM

is there a set of instructions for restarting sanctuaries?

edit: nevermind, found this:

- rm banlist.dat
- rm blocks -r
- rm chainstate -r
- Restart wallet

Thanks,
Rob

and for my wallet I'm banning the nodes that only have 107021 blocks.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 01:10:51 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2019, 01:29:33 AM by bible_pay

is there a set of instructions for restarting sanctuaries?

edit: nevermind, found this:

- rm banlist.dat
- rm blocks -r
- rm chainstate -r
- Restart wallet

Thanks,
Rob

and for my wallet I'm banning the nodes that only have 107021 blocks.

I realize this is very frustrating all.

Looking at the code, I don't see any problem with our POW (POBH) algorithm.

I believe the main problem is that the legacy (ghost) chain on < 1.1.9.9 is still considered longer, the client is pulling those blocks into memory, and the re-organize code keeps getting called.  We just need to be patient and get more people upgraded to 1.1.9.9 (> 50%).

It looks like we have 25% upgraded so far.  

Lets keep trying.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 01:32:29 AM

Ok it makes a little more sense now, I believe I see the lions share of the problem (IE bigger than reorganizing).

Ive got two nodes that dont agree here, both consider one of the forks valid but node 2 is following a shorter chain.
Looking at the log on node2, it feels the list of sanctuaries is different than node1.  Another words, it has a view of sanctuary payments that differs from other parts of our network.

So basically the sanctuary payment is enforced with a hard rule - and this can cause a fork.  We need to either A) Sync all the sancs, or B) Temporarily not enforce that sancs get paid properly.

Ill work on B at a network level now.

Sancs:  Please try to sync to the top so your data can synchronize.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 01:50:05 AM

Give us the block number on the good chain.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 01:58:11 AM

Ok it makes a little more sense now, I believe I see the lions share of the problem (IE bigger than reorganizing).

Ive got two nodes that dont agree here, both consider one of the forks valid but node 2 is following a shorter chain.
Looking at the log on node2, it feels the list of sanctuaries is different than node1.  Another words, it has a view of sanctuary payments that differs from other parts of our network.

So basically the sanctuary payment is enforced with a hard rule - and this can cause a fork.  We need to either A) Sync all the sancs, or B) Temporarily not enforce that sancs get paid properly.

Ok, I'm fully positive the problem is that some nodes are denying sanctuary payments, other nodes arent, because they have different views (confirmed in the logs).

So what this means is we either need 51% upgraded or we need to disable this hard check until we are all in agreement (this is sort of a chicken and egg problem).

I think the safer way is for me to disable this rule and then re-enable after we are fully synced.  However, the problem is this rule switch-over to spork requires another upgrade.

Building...

P.S.  The reason we did not have to go through this before is because at Christmas of 2017 we made our cutover to sanctuaries a mandatory all at the same height (and we only had a few sancs).  Now we have 500 sancs that are completely in disagreement with each others height.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 01:58:47 AM

We will need to know what the "top" is.. I have 3 different chains i'm seeing
eternalenvoy

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 02:31:05 AM

However, No matter where you are on which chain, the process end automatically after a period of time, whether in LINUX or WINDOWS.

Tested by different machine with delete the biblepaycore folder completely every time.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 02:35:40 AM

7 nodes total, 6 different block numbers, 2 nodes with the same number (107021).
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 02:39:56 AM

Ive confirmed we need a mandatory upgrade for the entire network to turn off the switch, then we sync to the top, the top stays the top, then in a couple days we will re-enable the spork.

So for now, please disregard my comment about the Top.

The new version will be out in less than one hour.

Thanks for everyones patience.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 04:10:05 AM

Ive confirmed we need a mandatory upgrade for the entire network to turn off the switch, then we sync to the top, the top stays the top, then in a couple days we will re-enable the spork.

So for now, please disregard my comment about the Top.

The new version will be out in less than one hour.

Thanks for everyones patience.

One other reason this happened is we have GIN hosting a fair amount of Sancs and they are on the old chain (as I really dont want to have them upgrade until we are synced) - exacerbating the problem.   (Their sancs are not in agreement with heights from 1199 sancs, so no masternode winners can be calculated yet).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 [653] 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: