Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:34:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388602 times)
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:26:07 AM

I've mentioned this before...but one of the big things holding Bottlecaps back is the name. Obviously the people currently stoked about Bottlecaps aren't deterred by the name - if they were, they wouldn't be mining it or investing in it. As a result, it's not a great crowd to get feedback from regarding a name change.

I campaigned for a name change a few months back and people were freaking out. I maintain that it's cheesy to name any virtual currency after a physical object (especially when the object in question is of low value...but I think it's odd regardless.) Diamond, Emerald, Bottlecaps, etc - these are all similar coins that are similarly struggling.

Bottlecaps was a fair-release coin, the kinks appear to have been worked out for quite a while now, it's obviously listed on Cryptsy, you know the dev team is going to stick around (unfortunately that's a rare quality these days) - plenty of good things going on for Bottlecaps.

I realize most of the people in this thread hate to even consider what I'm saying - we've been down this road before and I'm not trying to create friction in here. I'm just telling you that rebranding Bottlecaps, releasing a fresh, rebranded wallet along with it (functionality of Bottlecaps is great but the mushy icons/etc in the wallet certainly aren't scoring any style points) would probably triple the value within a week. When there are 100 other options out there, who wants to risk trading their hard-earned bitcoins in for something called "Bottlecaps"? To make the name an even poorer choice, it's actually fairly scarce compared to most altcoins - there are billions of Dogecoins in circulation...there are far more Bitcoins, Litecoins, etc in circulation as well. Yet of every coin out there, nothing sounds more common than Bottlecaps. Forget about the video game ties because, fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, we aren't experiencing the apocalypse right now. Maybe some of you haven't looked outside in a while...but...no apocalypse. That makes Bottlecaps sound extremely boring in the real world. Clever/cute name, sure, but people don't like to invest in things just because they're clever or cute.

I dumped all of mine a while back after everybody rejected my input...but before I started mining Murraycoin full-time I did mine a few thousands more Bottlecaps just to hold them. Despite the minor, easily-remedied shortcomings Bottlecaps is one of the most solid coins out there. It's being overlooked for extremely superficial reasons and, like I said before, people on the inside of the community are blind to it because clearly it did not deter them (or they wouldn't be here!)

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butjust41day

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:53:55 PM

oops.....I can come out of the bomb shelter now? Smiley
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 6996

Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:52:46 PM

How can we revive CAPs? It is on the bottom for months now.. I think those past forks played with peoples confidence in this coin, but this is now history and people should invest in this coin again..

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 06:27:11 PM

The fact John Eden has not even logged into this forum since Oct. 2013, may make people believe the Dev has abandoned the coin.

Just an FYI about the name as it appears some people haven't heard of the reference:

The name "Bottlecaps" and the graphic design is referencing the currency used in the Scifi action-rpg game Fallout(1-3). The game is still being produced (DLC's for Fallout 3), with Fallout 4 in development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_%28series%29

IMO this does fit the criteria to become part of the Scifi coin family.

http://scificointalk.com/index.php

http://www.scificryptocoin.org/

https://www.scifi-ex.com/

I will discuss it with the foundation, and see what they think.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:47:00 PM

How can we revive CAPs? It is on the bottom for months now.. I think those past forks played with peoples confidence in this coin, but this is now history and people should invest in this coin again..

In order to revive this coin there needs to be a massive reorganization. I have been following CAPs for a bit, and have seen obvious problems.  I helped (but certainly give more credit to the dev) a smaller clone of CAP's go up by about 10x its value in a few months.

The main items needed:

-Clean, legible website, that organizes everything a newcomer needs to know in one easy place. The site needs to have a high ranking on google.
-Active developer that is quick to respond to technical difficulties and keep the community updated. The dev needs to enjoy the coin, and have a passion for it rather than a pump and dumper.
   -Is mullick the new dev? The old guy doesn't do anything anymore?
-Community driven coin.  Needs to have a wiki on the website explaining various aspects of the coin, how to setup, etc.  Needs to have activity on both bitcointalk and cryptocointalk (CAPs is dead at CCT forum basically)
-New wallet releases to create excitement and add new functions
-Coin redesign
-Advertising campaign if traffic does not pick up

I would be happy to give some help creating an official site, wiki, etc. but the community would have to be on board, as well as a clear devoted dev. 

See what we have done with HoboNickels - website here http://www.hobonickels.info

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
gnode

Activity: 492
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:56:05 PM

The fact John Eden has not even logged into this forum since Oct. 2013, may make people believe the Dev has abandoned the coin.

Get your facts straight before you go off half drunk!!

Mullick is the dev in charge, he is one of the cryptsy mods!

Stop spreading FUD!
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 02:16:00 AM by presstab

Get your facts straight before you go off half drunk!!

Mullick is the dev in charge, he is one of the cryptsy mods!

Stop spreading FUD!

If you would have read the next line...

Also I wasn't trying to be offensive or anything, just giving some simple suggestions. I think this coin could have a lot more volume than it does now.

Anyways, I'll be keeping my eye on this coin and on this community.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
slaveofmoney

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 11:15:51 AM

Wallet is dont sync, WTF  Huh
Alakazam2000

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:53:23 AM

Dead coin or what?
woddd

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:53:10 PM

0 active connections to BottleCaps network :/
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 07:16:21 PM

I do have to agree, we need more focus on the coin.  I don't think we need a name change to make it take off, it needs people bumping this thread, a website ect. 

The biggest problem we had was things were going good, then we had all those problems with the chain going off the rails.  The problems were eventually fixed, but no one took the time to relay that to all the people.  It has never taken off since then.  The coin started with alot of activity from the Devs, now since the coin hasn't had any problems technically, the push ect for the coin just tappered off to nothing.

Changing the name won't do anything without a decent backing/push to get in the public eye again.   

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
butjust41day

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:58:11 PM

I do have to agree, we need more focus on the coin.  I don't think we need a name change to make it take off, it needs people bumping this thread, a website ect. 

The biggest problem we had was things were going good, then we had all those problems with the chain going off the rails.  The problems were eventually fixed, but no one took the time to relay that to all the people.  It has never taken off since then.  The coin started with alot of activity from the Devs, now since the coin hasn't had any problems technically, the push ect for the coin just tappered off to nothing.

Changing the name won't do anything without a decent backing/push to get in the public eye again.   

I agree....being one of the few fair release coins doesn't really seem to help. The advantage pre-mined coins have is large holders organized and logging on as multiple individuals to generate interest. Unless someone is getting wealthy off a coin there is very little interest in manipulating the forums or spinning things in the coins favour. Most people would just rather follow the hype and not really pay attention to the fundamentals. 
bholzer

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:52:05 PM

I agree...but changing the name in addition to putting some muscle behind marketing and a redesign that incorporates the new branding would be the ultimate combo. Each of these things on their own will help...but nothing will hit harder than combining all of them.

People continue to downplay the name change...but it's not just about the name - it's about the complete rebranding. New thread, new website, new logo, fresh name, fresh focus, new marketing campaigns - a fresh start without restarting with a built-in following - people love new and no matter how much work is put into BottleCaps it will still be overlooked by many due to the cheap-sounding name and/or associating it with technical issues (which are in the distant past.) I can't stress enough that the reason people in here are blind to the potential impact a rebranding would have is because they're already in here! Maybe they're Fallout fans...maybe they've been around since the beginning...but the beauty of it is that people that have been long-term supports will stick around through the rebrand and it will also attract a lot of new attention.

Crisp, modern styling - scrub out the mushy graphics in the wallet, the Checkpoint warning that never seems to go away, the logo that looks like it's straight out of the original Duke Nukem and turn this into something hip while playing up the well-connected dev team. It's already listed on the greatest altcoin exchange in existence - all of the questions are answered out of the gates and there is already a huge network of investors that have been involved for a long time. BottleCaps could be worth 10x their current price within 30 days - I guarantee it.

This is a proven strategy...and I can't think of a more fitting time to take advantage of it than with BottleCaps right now. It was a fun name, but if you want this thing to blow up there is a lot of work to be done and rebranding it (including renaming it) is an important part of that. We don't have to hide the fact that it's just BottleCaps rebranded - BottleCaps has a history of surviving, a fair release, great distribution - these are things to be proud of. We build on that with the rebrand and take it to a whole new level.

My holdings are minimal and my advice is cheap - you have to look at this from a business perspective. I gave you the solution 3 months ago and now the market is overcrowded with junk and noisier than ever - the longer we wait, the more difficult it will be to get BottleCaps out of this rut. This opportunity will not be here forever.

On a side note, I have plenty of connections to the network on my wallet and haven't had a tech-related issue with BottleCaps for a while now. The price has been somewhat steady, really. We can't wait until we have to bring this thing back from the dead - the time to act is now.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:23:31 AM

My holdings are minimal and my advice is cheap - you have to look at this from a business perspective. I gave you the solution 3 months ago and now the market is overcrowded with junk and noisier than ever - the longer we wait, the more difficult it will be to get BottleCaps out of this rut. This opportunity will not be here forever.

On a side note, I have plenty of connections to the network on my wallet and haven't had a tech-related issue with BottleCaps for a while now. The price has been somewhat steady, really. We can't wait until we have to bring this thing back from the dead - the time to act is now.

That's right I almost forgot it was you who descended form the heavens and offered the one true solution to bottlecaps.  Yes that would be changing the name to Caprinium.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Roll Eyes
bholzer

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 04:41:29 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 06:16:50 AM by bholzer

That's right I almost forgot it was you who descended form the heavens and offered the one true solution to bottlecaps.  Yes that would be changing the name to Caprinium.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Roll Eyes

While admittedly a terrible name, I can't imagine I said, "THIS IS THE NAME AND NOTHING WILL TOP IT" - I believe I was tossing an example out there. Regardless, you're missing the point. You could drop the bottle and just call it "Caps" while moving away from the "Bottle Cap" theme - the whole idea is to rebrand it, separate it from any confusion regarding its past while using the fresh look and dedication to jumpstart marketing efforts. Why are people so defensive of the name?

It's been 3 months since we had this discussion last time...and probably 5 months since I initially discussed it with Mullick - are you happy with where things are at? Three months from now if nothing has been done, it will likely be too late. People are mining Phonecoins and Kittehcoins right now and I'm sure we're a week away from 50+ new meme coins - BottleCaps will be lost in a sea of junk and it's a shame because it deserves better.

You could do everything I've suggested and keep the same name and still come out of this okay...but changing the name will help more than most of you understand. I have no reason to lie to you!

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:27:52 AM

What are the current addnodes?

I have "Warning checkpoint is too old. Redownload Blockchain." message on client.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:00:17 AM

buy 1mil cap .001 btc pm me Tongue

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
butjust41day

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:41:48 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:14:52 PM by butjust41day

buy 1mil cap .001 btc pm me Tongue

Wow that would be almost 1/3 of all the CAPs in existence or about 6 minutes of network time for some coins.  lemfuture PM me and I'll give you my wallet address  Roll Eyes
lasrian

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:34:40 PM

Is there a problem with BottleCaps? Getting a high number of orphans, around 40%.
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:22:25 PM

Bottlecaps !

My Type Of Currency  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: