Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:59:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388602 times)
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:44:46 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 06:00:15 PM by flound1129

The CP server being down and signing wrong blocks did mess up Crypsty most of all... Trades that occurred before the roll back screwed their accounting.

I'm sure everything will be fine on their end once they audit the transactions.

As far as for flound, he should be made aware of the consequences of the signing blocks when not in sync! Good job on everything Tranz, and for quickly messaging flound about this!

Live and learn Wink

It looks like this was either a deliberate attack or a misbehaving peer that caused the checkpoint server to become lagged.

If it was deliberate then the attacker got very lucky because the CP server is not configured to accept incoming connections.  So it happened to connect out to that peer and then got inundated with getblocks request which caused the daemon to become lagged.  So lagged in fact that only 2 peers were still connected by the time I logged into the server this morning.

I've seen this happen with other currencies and I'm pretty sure it's some kind of attack.  Just a very bad time for it to occur.  I was working all day yesterday on Multipool issues with our east provider so I didn't really have time to check on it.  I'm going to give Tranz control of the checkpoints so that he can monitor things more closely.  For now the server is turned off.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:02:37 PM

The CP server being down and signing wrong blocks did mess up Crypsty most of all... Trades that occurred before the roll back screwed their accounting.

As far as for flound, he should be made aware of the consequences of the signing blocks when not in sync! Good job on everything Tranz, and for quickly messaging flound about this!

Live and learn Wink

It looks like this was either a deliberate attack or a misbehaving peer that caused the checkpoint server to become lagged.

If it was deliberate then the attacker got very lucky because the CP server is not configured to accept incoming connections.  So it happened to connect out to that peer and then got inundated with getblocks request which caused the daemon to become lagged.  So lagged in fact that only 2 peers were still connected by the time I logged into the server this morning.

I've seen this happen with other currencies and I'm pretty sure it's some kind of attack.  Just a very bad time for it to occur.  I was working all day yesterday on Multipool issues with our east provider so I didn't really have time to check on it.  I'm going to give Tranz control of the checkpoints so that he can monitor things more closely.  For now the server is turned off.

Thanks for the update. I am against checkpoint servers in general, but do agree that they have some benefits.  

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:06:59 PM

Live and learn Wink

Thanks for the update, It looks like everything is back to normal

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:17:51 PM

Live and learn Wink

Thanks for the update, It looks like everything is back to normal

Yep lots of PoS blocks coming through. Good luck everyone that is PoS hashing, I hope I find some before you though  Grin

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
FlungSpun

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:37:25 PM

Might have an issue over here.
One wallet with 4 blocks of 10k doesn't want to stake.

All day with no stake - 10+ hours. I know I'm unlucky sometimes but ..
Also note my weight is bigger than the network. I've seen this on HBN once or twice with big blocks staking

All four blocks should be over the 1k limit for stake by a fair margin as I was planning on moving funds but didn't this month.

When the earlier problems hit I switched machines and re-downloaded the chain, swapped out wallet on that and still no dice.....
but machines both agree with current block on http://cap.cryptocoinexplorer.com/
presstab
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:25:27 AM

Also note my weight is bigger than the network. I've seen this on HBN once or twice with big blocks staking

All four blocks should be over the 1k limit for stake by a fair margin as I was planning on moving funds but didn't this month.

When the earlier problems hit I switched machines and re-downloaded the chain, swapped out wallet on that and still no dice.....
but machines both agree with current block on http://cap.cryptocoinexplorer.com/

The network is just jammed full of blocks right now I would expect. I have known for a while that most clients network stake weight calculations aren't accurate, I have a high stake weight as well without any stakes yet. They will come I am sure, but at this point I think that luck is a major factor.

The good news is that PoS blocks are overwhelming the PoW blocks on the chain right now.  There is a big queue but it is being served quickly.

Tranz
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:02:32 AM

Please make sure you are using 2.1 Version 2.0 had an issue with large stakes.

https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/releases

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
choppy123

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:34:20 AM

I upgraded to 2.1 today and staking is working fine. All is working smoothly for me! Tongue

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:21:52 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 02:41:34 AM by CrazyLoaf

null
elrapido

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:02:31 AM

Getting mismatched coin errors now, already spent, that kind of stuff. Repairwallet brings em back, but is there any way to know how many of the coins in the wallet are actually spendable now?
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:10:56 AM

Getting mismatched coin errors now, already spent, that kind of stuff. Repairwallet brings em back, but is there any way to know how many of the coins in the wallet are actually spendable now?

I would first try to restart client with -rescan. 

A more aggressive approach is to use -salvagewallet. Salvage Wallet will also remove your addresses. So be sure to export them if you need them.

There is a another rpc command -zapwallettxs but that is not in your version of CAP. If neither of the above approaches work, let me know.

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
elrapido

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:37:06 AM

A more aggressive approach is to use -salvagewallet. Salvage Wallet will also remove your addresses. So be sure to export them if you need them.

There is a another rpc command -zapwallettxs but that is not in your version of CAP. If neither of the above approaches work, let me know.
Thanks, rescan reduced my coin amount by 4% but at least it should be all there. Learn a new wallet command every day Smiley
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 04:09:34 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 05:28:05 AM by David Latapie

we need an exchange. my coins are sitting in cryptsy languishing...
https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#CAP
Bottlecaps is #6, keep voting! Once CAP will be adopted, let's all vote for HBN.

2. I was running 2.0 ntil today (did not notice the update). I am presently syncing 2.1 from start (deleted the blockchain). Before that, I had my wallet open mostly 24/7. I never receive any single stack.
=> is the fact that I was on 2.0 (not 2.1) AFTER July 4th detrimental?
=> is it normal that I did not mint a single CAP ever (I have several thousand CAP)?
=> did is lose stacking time? Did I left my wallet open 24/7 for nothing?
=> when can I expect next staking? 10 days from now or earlier?

Thank you.

3. Also, what is the maximum amount of coin I should have per address to maximise reward? On NOBL, it will be 100k, how many is it on CAP?

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Tranz
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:26:13 AM

we need an exchange. my coins are sitting in cryptsy languishing...
https://www.allcoin.com/vote/#CAP
Bottlecaps is #6, keep voting! Once CAP will be adopted, let's all vote for HBN.

I was running 2.0 ntil today (did not notice the update). I am presently syncing 2.1 from start (deleted the blockchain). Before that, I had my wallet open mostly 24/7. I never receive any single stack. ( Was not necessary to delete block chain, just start up 2.1)
=> is the fact that I was on 2.0 (not 2.1) AFTER July 4th detrimental? (NO)
=> is it normal that I did not mint a single CAP ever (I have several thousand CAP)? (it depends on when you got them, and 2.0 had 1 issue with stake. 2.1 will fix you up. )
=> did is lose stacking time? Did I left my wallet open 24/7 for nothing? (You lost nothing, your coins will stake and you will get higher reward for waiting longer then 15 days.)
=> when can I expect next staking? 10 days from now or earlier? (Again depends on when you downloaded the coins. My guess is as soon as you are caught up you will stake)

Thank you.

Also, what is the maximum amount of coin I should have per address to maximise reward? On NOBL, it will be 100k, how many is it on CAP? (Cap is 1,000 max. 10k blocks are a good set to start out with. Let them split and stake for a while.)

See above

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:28:24 AM

See above
Thanks.

Also, I wrote a "oneliner" for downloading and compiling CAP wallet and create a shortcut on your desktop, on Linux (tested with Manjaro)
Code:
mkdir ~/cryptos ; cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf bottlecaps && git clone https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps && cd bottlecaps && qmake-qt4 bottlecaps-qt.pro && make && ln -s ~/cryptos/bottlecaps/BottleCaps-qt ~/Desktop/CAP
Notes:
  • The mkdir ~/cryptos ; cd ~/cryptos && rm -rf bottlecaps is not necessary - I just prefer things tidy
  • ln -s ~/cryptos/bottlecaps/BottleCaps-qt ~/Desktop/CAP takes care of the shortcut; if you are not using an English Linux, change Desktop to how the desktop is names in your language.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
elrapido

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:57:18 AM

Ok, so after trying to send out some coins, I got the mismatched / spent error again. Tried salvagewallet, now it can't initialize the keypool and crashes.
FlungSpun

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:44:36 AM

Please make sure you are using 2.1 Version 2.0 had an issue with large stakes.

https://github.com/Tranz5/bottlecaps/releases

Yes I'm on 2.1 now but I was on v2 until about 5-10 mins after the fork.

I left this all night so now its been 24 hours without stake - still get a 6 minute 50% :/

FlungSpun

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:58:22 AM

The network is just jammed full of blocks right now I would expect. I have known for a while that most clients network stake weight calculations aren't accurate, I have a high stake weight as well without any stakes yet. They will come I am sure, but at this point I think that luck is a major factor.

The good news is that PoS blocks are overwhelming the PoW blocks on the chain right now.  There is a big queue but it is being served quickly.

Well if it's just a case of waiting then fine.
I know the HBN client can be a little pessimistic on your 50% times so I was thinking it would be over in a flash.
coins won't be going anywhere so it only a case of loss of compound interest (the most powerful force in the universe!)
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:29:50 AM

mine has been saying staking 50% chance within 1 hour for over 12 hours now.

I am on 2.1 do i need to redownload the blockchain to be on the right fork.

My apologize if i missed something.

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
FlungSpun

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 09:45:06 AM

mine has been saying staking 50% chance within 1 hour for over 12 hours now.

I am on 2.1 do i need to redownload the blockchain to be on the right fork.

My apologize if i missed something.
As I understand
If you are on 2.1 and your block count agrees with http://cap.cryptocoinexplorer.com/
it's just a matter of waiting for the post fork dust to settle.
We seem to be steadily getting closer to 200% annual POS from 170ish yesterday.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: