Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:40:20 AM

i ll bump my earlier question

is there any possibility to install it on raspberry pi???

It may be possible but I wouldn't recommend it. The Pi is already a light-weight piece of hardware that has trouble with some mining ASICs before introducing something like X Window, Mono, etc.

If you want to use a Raspberry Pi you can use a distro like Raspbien and something like Minera or MinePeon. Both MultiMiner and MobileMiner are fully capable of monitoring any Network Device (such as a mining Raspberry Pi).

MultiMiner 4.0 will be capable of running on a Pi as it will be a console app written in C at its core, but that is a ways off.

thanks for this info im already using minera, minepeon with mobile miner just curious about this soft Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 02:47:22 AM

thanks for this info im already using minera, minepeon with mobile miner just curious about this soft Smiley

If you have X Window installed on the Pi and wanted to have a play, the instructions should be the same for the Debian-based install here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Installation

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:01:55 AM

If you have X Window installed on the Pi and wanted to have a play, the instructions should be the same for the Debian-based install here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Installation

oh thanks will definitely look into it. keep good work coming on man ::respect::

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 03:42:08 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 03:15:15 AM by nwoolls

Thanks for all who provided feedback...MultiMiner 3.4 is now publicly available!

Changes for this release include:

• Add support for user-definable algorithms (the user can now add and customize algorithms in addition to backend miners)
  • Introduce online Help and context sensitive Help within the app
  • Add a UI for customizing GPU algorithm kernel arguments
  • Improve automatic discovery of Network Devices (standalone miners e.g. AntMiner S1 / S3, RockMiner R3-Box)
  • Improve management of Network Devices (restart mining and switch pools from your browser or phone using MultiMiner and MobileMiner)
  • Improve the flow of the Getting Started wizard
  • Add links to MobileMiner sign up on relevant screens
  • Add support for per-algorithm GPU kernel arguments
  • Fix an error closing the app under rare circumstances

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

For help on using the app:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:27:23 AM

Was mining all fine and dandy...then had to reboot my PC. Started up my pc again, loaded up multiminer, hit start and...bam! Angry program.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I posted my issue on your site. Any ideas what happened?

LINK: https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/issues/148

Thanks - checking into it now. I'll let you know what I find.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:04:24 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 03:31:19 AM by ManeBjorn

I had some crashes on one of my systems like that as well after the last update.  It is working ok now though.

I did finally get a chance to take a screenshot of my android app issue.

It shows my one of my S3s 3 times. It sees my BTC Garden miners but shows them online but not running.
I don't mind that so much as the tripling of my S3 is a pain in the butt.
Thanks for all the updates lately I appreciate them.

Was mining all fine and dandy...then had to reboot my PC. Started up my pc again, loaded up multiminer, hit start and...bam! Angry program.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I posted my issue on your site. Any ideas what happened?

LINK: https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/issues/148

Thanks - checking into it now. I'll let you know what I find.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 04:52:09 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 05:05:47 AM by nwoolls

It shows my one of my S3s 3 times. It sees my BTC Garden miners but shows them online but not running.

My guess is that you are running MultiMiner on 3 (or more) PCs and you have different names for your S3 on each (note one has the port and another has a type-o). That is causing the "duplicates". There is no way for MobileMiner to know the machine has already been submitted / created as the names do not match.

Some options are to:

• Don't rename your Network Devices
  • Or make sure you rename your Network Devices to all match on each instance / PC running MultiMiner
  • Or go into Settings > Advanced application settings and disable Network Device detection on all but one PC

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:37:49 AM

All three systems have the default names that MM gave them.  I used to name them and that worked great until a few versions ago when I mentioned it first happened.
I went through and did fresh installs of all three windows machines and MM. This is what I get now.  I will turn off the net detect on two of them but it thought it odd it was never an issue before and now it is.
Also any idea why it detects the BTC Gardens but says they are idle when they are not?

My guess is that you are running MultiMiner on 3 (or more) PCs and you have different names for your S3 on each (note one has the port and another has a type-o). That is causing the "duplicates". There is no way for MobileMiner to know the machine has already been submitted / created as the names do not match.

Some options are to:

• Don't rename your Network Devices
  • Or make sure you rename your Network Devices to all match on each instance / PC running MultiMiner
  • Or go into Settings > Advanced application settings and disable Network Device detection on all but one PC

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 05:53:40 AM

All three systems have the default names that MM gave them.  I used to name them and that worked great until a few versions ago when I mentioned it first happened.

One of them has a type-o though (192.186.1.76)...software wouldn't do that (unless the actual device had a type-o'd IP at one point). There were older versions of MultiMiner that didn't submit the port to MobileMiner though, so that could be part of the issue. The port is included as the machine / device may have multiple miners running.

I went through and did fresh installs of all three windows machines and MM. This is what I get now.

Reinstalling MultiMiner doesn't remove any of your settings - any names for devices would persist. To get rid of the names you'd need to delete the DeviceMetadata.xml file.

Also any idea why it detects the BTC Gardens but says they are idle when they are not?

Nope - when you get time please create an issue for this on http://issues.multiminerapp.com and I can troubleshoot further.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:01:51 AM

I will get an issue created on GitHub. 
Thanks again for the help I will dig into the xml.  Smiley

All three systems have the default names that MM gave them.  I used to name them and that worked great until a few versions ago when I mentioned it first happened.

One of them has a type-o though (192.186.1.76)...software wouldn't do that (unless the actual device had a type-o'd IP at one point). There were older versions of MultiMiner that didn't submit the port to MobileMiner though, so that could be part of the issue. The port is included as the machine / device may have multiple miners running.

I went through and did fresh installs of all three windows machines and MM. This is what I get now.

Reinstalling MultiMiner doesn't remove any of your settings - any names for devices would persist. To get rid of the names you'd need to delete the DeviceMetadata.xml file.

Nope - when you get time please create an issue for this on http://issues.multiminerapp.com and I can troubleshoot further.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 05:21:03 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:52:45 AM by nwoolls

I'm going to stick a fork in it and call the initial round of user documentation for MultiMiner completed!

I know this is something folks have been requesting for some time and I thank you for your patience.

The help documentation is now integrated directly into MultiMiner 3.4 (available here) and you can also browse the documentation online:

If you have any suggestions or requests for the documentation, please open a ticket:

Hopefully this lowers the bar for new users and existing users alike. Happy mining  Grin

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

I'm going to stick a fork in it and call the initial round of user documentation for MultiMiner completed!

I know this is something folks have been requesting for some time and I thank you for your patience.

The help documentation is now integrated directly into MultiMiner 3.4 (available here) and you can also browse the documentation online:

If you have any suggestions or requests for the documentation, please open a ticket:

Hopefully this lowers the bar for new users and existing users alike. Happy mining  Grin

So what exact files do you need? I would like to submit a ticket as I am FED up with MM.

For the last 2 night, my gaming rigs running MM....MM FROZE/LOCKED the machine not 30 minutes AFTER I went to bed...so I lpst yet ANOTHER 8+hours of mining.

So,if you could explain exactly what folders to search and what files you need so I can submit a proper ticket. I will be switching to another front-end miner until I can do this as I do NOT enjoy waking up to a DOWN machine due to MultiMiner freezing/locking my machine.

UGH!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 05:59:19 PM

So what exact files do you need? I would like to submit a ticket as I am FED up with MM.

For the last 2 night, my gaming rigs running MM....MM FROZE/LOCKED the machine not 30 minutes AFTER I went to bed...so I lpst yet ANOTHER 8+hours of mining.

So,if you could explain exactly what folders to search and what files you need so I can submit a proper ticket. I will be switching to another front-end miner until I can do this as I do NOT enjoy waking up to a DOWN machine due to MultiMiner freezing/locking my machine.

UGH!

If your machine is locking up that is very unlikely to be MultiMiner. Can you clarify?

As far as what to submit when creating an issue: as much information as you can. Screenshots, any configuration files you can share etc. Clarifying what exactly is locked up, any OS errors (e.g. from the Windows Event Viewer). What algorithms / coins you are mining with what hardware.

Again, if your entire PC is locking up, it is very unlikely that MultiMiner is the cause and more likely to be a hardware issue, driver issue, or backend miner issue.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

UGH!

If your machine is locking up that is very unlikely to be MultiMiner. Can you clarify?

As far as what to submit when creating an issue: as much information as you can. Screenshots, any configuration files you can share etc. Clarifying what exactly is locked up, any OS errors (e.g. from the Windows Event Viewer). What algorithms / coins you are mining with what hardware.

Again, if your entire PC is locking up, it is very unlikely that MultiMiner is the cause and more likely to be a hardware issue, driver issue, or backend miner issue.

Thanks for the reply Nate...yesterday I was able to see the error notification pop-up in front of Multiminer before I restarted the machine using the Start button. Today, I was unable to get the screen to pull back up and pressing the power button for 8-seconds didn't power off my rig either...I was forced to switch off the PSU.

I cannot confirm this is directly related to MM yet but I wouldn't doubt it as my machine can run for weeks on end when not running MM.

Details: Win7 x64 OS, MM 3.3.3 w/latest BFG (updating MM today), Catalyst 14.4, Windows is up to date
Running Steam, Google Drive and Z-Engine for my keyboard otherwise this is a pretty basic system built for gaming.
I just recently switch over to using this machine to control my BW and mine DRK while doing so. This machine used to mine DRK awhile back when I was not gaming but I don't remember how stable it was when running MM.

2x R9-270 on X11 alg. using SPHSGMiner and MM setting GPU params
1x BlackWindow on scrypt alg. standard settings using BFGMiner
with my RK-Box on the network

I just skimmed through the event viewer but am not exactly sure what I am looking for although I saw a couple things I want to check into...
there was a warning/error for the STM Virtual COM driver and a couple entries for CCC (catalyst).
When you mention OS errors...from what folder in the Event Viewer should I be looking?

I will keep my gaming rig running as is for another 48 hours in hopes to reproduce the incident...I do enjoy using MM as it is so robust yet simple!
Lemme know if I missed any details and I will post those up asap...

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 07:06:35 PM

Thanks for the reply Nate...yesterday I was able to see the error notification pop-up in front of Multiminer before I restarted the machine using the Start button. Today, I was unable to get the screen to pull back up and pressing the power button for 8-seconds didn't power off my rig either...I was forced to switch off the PSU.

I cannot confirm this is directly related to MM yet but I wouldn't doubt it as my machine can run for weeks on end when not running MM.

Details: Win7 x64 OS, MM 3.3.3 w/latest BFG (updating MM today), Catalyst 14.4, Windows is up to date
Running Steam, Google Drive and Z-Engine for my keyboard otherwise this is a pretty basic system built for gaming.
I just recently switch over to using this machine to control my BW and mine DRK while doing so. This machine used to mine DRK awhile back when I was not gaming but I don't remember how stable it was when running MM.

I just skimmed through the event viewer but am not exactly sure what I am looking for although I saw a couple things I want to check into...
there was a warning/error for the STM Virtual COM driver and a couple entries for CCC (catalyst).
When you mention OS errors...from what folder in the Event Viewer should I be looking?

I will keep my gaming rig running as is for another 48 hours in hopes to reproduce the incident...I do enjoy using MM as it is so robust yet simple!

Basically any errors under System or Application in the Event Viewer. Especially any of MultiMiner that have call-stacks (but really any). Also any errors that are displayed directly by MultiMiner.

If you right-click in MultiMiner and click Process Log you can see the exact processes being launched by MultiMiner and the arguments being passed. From there you can right-click entries to launch the backend miners with the same arguments, but outside of MultiMiner. That should aid in trying to deduce if it is the mining or something specific in MultiMiner.

Beyond that there is good ole trial-and-error. Does it do it with other algorithms? Older versions of MultiMiner? Not a lot in this regard has changed in MultiMiner lately - did you update something before this started? etc.

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Basically any errors under System or Application in the Event Viewer. Especially any of MultiMiner that have call-stacks (but really any). Also any errors that are displayed directly by MultiMiner.

If you right-click in MultiMiner and click Process Log you can see the exact processes being launched by MultiMiner and the arguments being passed. From there you can right-click entries to launch the backend miners with the same arguments, but outside of MultiMiner. That should aid in trying to deduce if it is the mining or something specific in MultiMiner.

Beyond that there is good ole trial-and-error. Does it do it with other algorithms? Older versions of MultiMiner? Not a lot in this regard has changed in MultiMiner lately - did you update something before this started? etc.

Dude! Thanks for that info. I gotta get some prints started and I will be going down the checklist this afternoon. I am also brainstorming and taking notes. I think I am going to start a log for my PC too so I can keep track of updates and hardware changes for when this happens.

Thanks so much for your time Nate, means a bunch! I will update you when I have more/new info.

*Got LootCrate?*
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 02:40:43 AM

Dude! Thanks for that info. I gotta get some prints started and I will be going down the checklist this afternoon. I am also brainstorming and taking notes. I think I am going to start a log for my PC too so I can keep track of updates and hardware changes for when this happens.

Thanks so much for your time Nate, means a bunch! I will update you when I have more/new info.

My pleasure! Added it to the Tips & Tricks section  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 01:36:29 PM

All three systems have the default names that MM gave them.  I used to name them and that worked great until a few versions ago when I mentioned it first happened.
I went through and did fresh installs of all three windows machines and MM. This is what I get now.  I will turn off the net detect on two of them but it thought it odd it was never an issue before and now it is.

Can you email me at nwoolls @ gmail and set me up with access to these BTC Gardens rigs? I'm seeing reports for other software as well that they aren't responding to regular RPC API calls, so it may be a wide spread issue with those devices...

zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 12:54:15 AM

I'm having major issues opening MultiMiner on OSX. I have Mono and XQuartz installed but when I click to open MultiMiner nothing happens. The app icon jumps once and then nothing.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:48:38 AM

Hi Nate when I get home tomorrow I will start in that and hopefully Monday or Tuesday we can get you into seeing them.
I think it is their software it is not bad but it could be so much better. I have a feeling there is something missing.
I know Matt at Minersource has been after them to fix some issues as well with their software.
I will do what I can to help you figure it out.

Can you email me at nwoolls @ gmail and set me up with access to these BTC Gardens rigs? I'm seeing reports for other software as well that they aren't responding to regular RPC API calls, so it may be a wide spread issue with those devices...

Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: