Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827250 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 03:54:57 AM

After 1 full day of mining with 2.8 PR1 only 2 of my 3 rigs have pool switching enabled on web.mobileminerapp.com.

Do you have Remote Commands enabled for MobileMiner? It's under Settings > Advanced service settings. That needs to be enabled for the pool switching to function.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
124C41

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

EVERYTHING YOU CAN IMAGINE IS REAL

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:25:13 AM

After 1 full day of mining with 2.8 PR1 only 2 of my 3 rigs have pool switching enabled on web.mobileminerapp.com.

Do you have Remote Commands enabled for MobileMiner? It's under Settings > Advanced service settings. That needs to be enabled for the pool switching to function.

Yes I do Nate.
Seems to have been resolved now on web.mobileminerapp.com, possible API or cron delay... ?

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you're right.
BTC: 1Ex3zmaHoqbMBUWQVcG7kdTCktyng7Ld9M LTC: Lhrp8G9EjoyKCqKAmtuprUcV9KvqZQKAfk
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:49:21 AM

PR2 of the BFGMiner DualMiner driver is now available for testing. There's a Windows download available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dqbk841frvxdsmk/bfgminer_dualminer_pr2.7z

And you can clone the feature branch here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/dualminer-support

You can now mine SHA2 and Scrypt at the same time with two BFGMiner processes by using the --dual-mode argument. You can also specify a clock frequency using --set-device, e.g.:

Code:
--set-device dualminer:clock=850

Tested on OS X and Windows so far. Thanks in advance for the feedback compadres  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

Now that rocks!
I am going to DL and try this later today.  The pre-release has been running great but with this I can bump the speed back up too.
Thanks Nate.

PR2 of the BFGMiner DualMiner driver is now available for testing. There's a Windows download available here:

You can now mine SHA2 and Scrypt at the same time with two BFGMiner processes by using the --dual-mode argument. You can also specify a clock frequency using --set-device, e.g.:

Code:

Tested on OS X and Windows so far. Thanks in advance for the feedback compadres  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 09:04:35 PM

I've just installed MultiMiner on my Mac Pro.
I don't understand why it can't see or the 6 Twinfury or the GPU: in the low right corner I can read 0 device(s).

Can you try the steps in the following article and let me know if that is successful?

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/12/28/bitcoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-twinfury-asics/

Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:03:06 PM

Code:

Will try this tomorrow.
Blackbird0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:44:12 PM

Code:

Will try this tomorrow.

Seems to be working. SHA-256 setup still working as expected. The scrypt instance hasn't been running long enough to see if the overclocking is at the right rate, but I'll come back in a bunch of hours and let you know.
Blackbird0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:49:01 PM

Code:

Will try this tomorrow.

Seems to be working. SHA-256 setup still working as expected. The scrypt instance hasn't been running long enough to see if the overclocking is at the right rate, but I'll come back in a bunch of hours and let you know.

Hmm. An hour later, and hash is just 71.3. Seems like it should be more with the OC to 850?
brunosky

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:31:36 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:54:58 PM by brunosky

Did you right click on the empty part of the screen and have it do a hardware scan?
Also what software were you using with your TwinFury before you installed MultiMiner?
If it was CGMiner you need to remove the drivers for it and reinstall the new drivers that you can download from the MultiMiner webiste.
http://www.multiminerapp.com/
You should choose the Blue/RedFury drivers.
I hope this helps you.
Happy Mining.

Hello Nate,
I don't understand why it can't see or the 6 Twinfury or the GPU: in the low right corner I can read 0 device(s).
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

@ ManeBjorn
Thanks a lot for your interest.
Yes, I clicked for a hardware scan.
Before installing MultiMiner, I was using bfgminer with Mac OS X under Terminal: no need to install drivers for either the GPU or the Twinfury units.
Now that I've downloaded the Blue/Red Fury driver, how can I install it?
And the driver for my AMD Radeon 7950 has to be a Windows one?
Consider that I'm using a Mac: so I installed Xquartz and Mono.
Thanks a lot for your attention!
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:47:52 PM

If you were already using BFGMiner you should not need to reload the drivers.  Only if you had been using cgminer.
I am not sure on a mac though how to proceed.  Nate would be able to help you with that.
Sorry about that I do not have a mac to test on.

Did you right click on the empty part of the screen and have it do a hardware scan?
Also what software were you using with your TwinFury before you installed MultiMiner?
If it was CGMiner you need to remove the drivers for it and reinstall the new drivers that you can download from the MultiMiner webiste.
http://www.multiminerapp.com/
You should choose the Blue/RedFury drivers.
I hope this helps you.
Happy Mining.

Hello Nate,
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

@ ManeBjorn
Thanks a lot for your interest.
Yes, I clicked for a hardware scan.
Before installing MultiMiner, I was using bfgminer with Mac OS X under Terminal: no need to install drivers for either the GPU or the Twinfury units.
Now that I've downloaded the Blue/Red Fury driver, how can I install it?
And the driver for my AMD Radeon 7950?
Consider that I'm using a Mac: so I installed Xquartz and Mono.

brunosky

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:59:17 PM

If you were already using BFGMiner you should not need to reload the drivers.  Only if you had been using cgminer.
I am not sure on a mac though how to proceed.  Nate would be able to help you with that.

@ManeBjorn
Many thanks again!  Smiley
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

Your welcome.
I wish I could have done more.

@ManeBjorn
Many thanks again!  Smiley

brunosky

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:35:36 PM

Your welcome.
I wish I could have done more.

Really no problem!
I'm sure Nate will help me.
I asked him for help also via Twitter (and hope not have annoyed him).
I can't wait to see MultiMiner working!  Roll Eyes
brunosky

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:56:48 PM

Can you try the steps in the following article and let me know if that is successful?

http://blog.nwoolls.com/2013/12/28/bitcoin-mining-on-mac-os-x-twinfury-asics/

Hello Nate,
Sorry, but I saw your reply late.
Yes, I started mining following the instructions in the above linked article, and everything was working fine, both with the Twinfury units and the AMD Radeon.
I also did a test a little while ago, and everything worked regularly: both the USB units and the GPU are seen by bfgminer.
Instead, when I start Multiminer, even after running the command Scan Hardware, no device is seen by the program.
I presume no driver is necessary to have MultiMiner working, as it was not necessary before: am I wrong?
I'm dying to see MultiMiner working regularly: what can I do?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:54:14 AM

Hmm. An hour later, and hash is just 71.3. Seems like it should be more with the OC to 850?

850 is the default frequency for DualMiners in Scrypt-only mode. That is the frequency for hitting 70 Kh/s.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:00:45 AM

Yes, I started mining following the instructions in the above linked article, and everything was working fine, both with the Twinfury units and the AMD Radeon.
I also did a test a little while ago, and everything worked regularly: both the USB units and the GPU are seen by bfgminer.
Instead, when I start Multiminer, even after running the command Scan Hardware, no device is seen by the program.
I presume no driver is necessary to have MultiMiner working, as it was not necessary before: am I wrong?
I'm dying to see MultiMiner working regularly: what can I do?

There is no difference between the driver setup for BFGMiner with or without MultiMiner. The drivers I link to are for Windows only because the majority are Windows users. If BFGMiner detects your devices when running it with -d? -S all on the command line on OS X your devices should also be detected in MultiMiner. There are no GPU driers to install on the Mac.

Can you try running BFGMiner from the command line with the following arguments and then paste the output?

Code:
bfgminer --device ? --scan nanofury:all --scan erupter:all --scan all --scan opencl:auto --scan cpu:auto --scrypt 

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:02:21 AM

Also if any of you have the GridSeed 5-chip devices and want to test out support, check this out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168174.msg5600687#msg5600687

Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:21:29 PM

I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and MuM 2.7.6 and the first time it ran I configured LTC and it recognized my 4 CPUs and 2 GPUs (5970s). It began hashing but at one-twentyfifth the expected hash rate. So I added scrypt parameters:
   -I 18 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 8000 --gpu-engine 725 --gpu-memclock 1000 --auto-fan
and now it will not hash.
I installed AMD drivers per this guy (http://rumorscity.com/2013/12/08/headless-linux-litecoin-miner-setup/):
   sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates fglrx-updates-dev
   sudo aticonfig --lsa
   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
   sudo reboot
   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt
   sudo apt-get install openssh-server byobu
   sudo apt-get install curl
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get upgrade
The monitor works great. I had previously tried installing AMD proprietary drivers but every time all I got was a black screen. So I did a fresh Ubuntu 13.10 install as above.
I installed bfgminer and MuM according to your instructions:
   sudo apt-get install mono-complete
   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unit3/bfgminer
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install bfgminer
   mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Any suggestions how I can get hashing?
I read that the current version of bfgminer has cpumining disabled so it seems the ppa version is old. I searched for "bfgminer" but I can't find where it resides. It's not in the subfolder under MuM. Is there a better way to install bfgminer so MuM will keep it current? TIA

ghghghfgh
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:05:33 PM

I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and MuM 2.7.6 and the first time it ran I configured LTC and it recognized my 4 CPUs and 2 GPUs (5970s). It began hashing but at one-twentyfifth the expected hash rate. So I added scrypt parameters:
   -I 18 --lookup-gap 2 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 8000 --gpu-engine 725 --gpu-memclock 1000 --auto-fan
and now it will not hash.
I installed AMD drivers per this guy (http://rumorscity.com/2013/12/08/headless-linux-litecoin-miner-setup/):
   sudo apt-get install fglrx-updates fglrx-amdcccle-updates fglrx-updates-dev
   sudo aticonfig --lsa
   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial
   sudo reboot
   sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt
   sudo apt-get install openssh-server byobu
   sudo apt-get install curl
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get upgrade
The monitor works great. I had previously tried installing AMD proprietary drivers but every time all I got was a black screen. So I did a fresh Ubuntu 13.10 install as above.
I installed bfgminer and MuM according to your instructions:
   sudo apt-get install mono-complete
   sudo add-apt-repository ppa:unit3/bfgminer
   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install bfgminer
   mono MultiMiner.Win.exe

Any suggestions how I can get hashing?
I read that the current version of bfgminer has cpumining disabled so it seems the ppa version is old. I searched for "bfgminer" but I can't find where it resides. It's not in the subfolder under MuM. Is there a better way to install bfgminer so MuM will keep it current? TIA

A few notes:

I would start adding arguments one-at-a-time instead of adding several. I'd also be wary of copying a bunch of arguments found online. I have better success taking small steps and making one change at a time. Tuning GPUs for Scrypt is notoriously difficult and I've personally not done it under Linux.

I'd start with just the intensity specified and nothing else and let it hash for 20 minutes or so. See what the internal tuning lands on.

As far as the PPA, I'm not sure what they are hosting at this point. I do know in the past it wasn't terribly up-to-date. Whether CPU mining is enabled or not is just up to whoever packages the binary. It's just an option with ./configure.

As far as keeping BFGMiner updated on Linux, there's unfortunately not a lot that MultiMiner can do here. There's just too many distros, too many ways the dependencies can be installed, etc. With Windows and OS X I am able to just download the precompiled binaries. If you want BFGMiner to be up-to-date I would use apt to remove the current copy and then compile it yourself from the source code. You can use apt-get to install the prereqs (I would assume) and then configure and install BFGMiner manually.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:41:06 AM

I can now confirm support for both 1-chip and 5-chip GridSeed Scrypt ASICs in MultiMiner (and BFGMiner):

The current build of MultiMiner should work just fine. Windows users can download a preview release of BFGMiner with support for both 1-chip and 5-chip devices here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8cai8x79b79gzo/bfgminer_gridseed_pr2.7z

The 1-chip devices require FTDI drivers available here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

The 5-chip devices require a custom INF file available here (GridSeed folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w06b7nj1f07lv29/Windows_ASIC_CDC_Drivers.zip

This (and more) will be available in BFGMiner 4.0 but if you'd like to start testing now and leave feedback that would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: For non-Windows users (or interested folks) the source code for this branch is available here: https://github.com/nwoolls/bfgminer/tree/feature/gridseed-dualminer-support

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: