Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:54:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:41:43 PM

Hi Nate when I get home tomorrow I will start in that and hopefully Monday or Tuesday we can get you into seeing them.
I think it is their software it is not bad but it could be so much better. I have a feeling there is something missing.
I know Matt at Minersource has been after them to fix some issues as well with their software.
I will do what I can to help you figure it out.

Much obliged  Grin

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 09:58:14 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 03:13:18 AM by nwoolls

MultiMiner version 3.4.4 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Show the current hashrate in the Tile view
  • Format the Best Share, Accepted, Rejected, Errors, and Stale values in the Details pane
  • Round BTC pdiff (e.g. 256 rather than 255.998)
  • Fix CPU devices shown as Cpu
  • Fetch statistics for Network Devices asynchronously
  • Update context sensitive help links to go directly to anchors
  • Add context sensitive help links for crypto coin dialogs
  • Fix friendly device name lost after cancel editing
  • Fix error using Stratum Proxy
  • Fix error refreshing local device stats
  • Fix error closing app

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
zdaz14

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:08:04 PM

Anyone on OSX get MultiMiner running? I click the icon to start the app and nothing happens. Both XQuartz and Mono Frameworks have been installed.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 10:13:48 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:26:46 PM by nwoolls

Anyone on OSX get MultiMiner running? I click the icon to start the app and nothing happens. Both XQuartz and Mono Frameworks have been installed.

How long have you waited after clicking? It takes time for the X Window system to fire up on OS X. The first run also downloads BFGMiner and scans for hardware.

You can get detailed information by either launching Console.app or:

• Launch Terminal.app
  • Type: cd ~/Desktop/MultiMiner.app/Contents/Resources (assuming it is on your desktop)
  • Type: mono MultiMiner.Win.exe and press return

zdaz14

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:22:13 PM

How long have you waited after clicking? It takes time for the X Window system to fire up on OS X. The first run also downloads BFGMiner and scans for hardware.

• Launch Terminal.app
  • Type: cd ~/MultiMiner.app/Content/Resources (assuming it is on your desktop)

I'll try these when I get home from work. I've clicked and had nothing open up in the few hours I was on the computer for.

I originally thought it might be a permissions issue on my harddrive but I verified/repaired any issue in Disk Utility there.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 10:25:01 PM

• Launch Terminal.app

I'll try these when I get home from work. I've clicked and had nothing open up in the few hours I was on the computer for.

I originally thought it might be a permissions issue on my harddrive but I verified/repaired any issue in Disk Utility there.

You don't happen to have Wine or PlayOn installed do you? I just recently talked to another user via Twitter that had Wine interfering with the OS X version of Mono. Basically the Windows version of Mono, under Wine, would try to run the .exe inside the .app file instead of letting the OS X copy of Mono handle it.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:21:25 AM

Nate,
Just a bit of an update.
I am DL'ing a new image for the BTCGardens.
Once I have it up and configured I will check MM and see how it goes.  I will email you tomorrow to setup access so you can check it out.
Thanks again for the updates as always.  Cool

zdaz14

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:28:41 AM

• Launch Terminal.app

You don't happen to have Wine or PlayOn installed do you? I just recently talked to another user via Twitter that had Wine interfering with the OS X version of Mono. Basically the Windows version of Mono, under Wine, would try to run the .exe inside the .app file instead of letting the OS X copy of Mono handle it.

I don't have PlayOnMac installed, no.

I got an error though doing the terminal commands. This is what it said:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/zdaz/.config/MultiMiner" is denied.
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Utility.Serialization.ConfigurationReaderWriter.WriteConfiguration (System.Object source, System.String fileName, System.String rootElement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.SaveAlgorithmConfigurations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.RegisterAlgorithms () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm:.ctor ()
  at MultiMiner.Wi[Suspicious link removed]ogram.RunApplication () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Wi[Suspicious link removed]ogram.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:44:11 AM

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Users/zdaz/.config/MultiMiner" is denied.
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Utility.Serialization.ConfigurationReaderWriter.WriteConfiguration (System.Object source, System.String fileName, System.String rootElement) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.SaveAlgorithmConfigurations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Engine.MiningEngine.RegisterAlgorithms () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Wi[Suspicious link removed]ogram.RunApplication () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MultiMiner.Wi[Suspicious link removed]ogram.Main () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You don't have access to a folder that you should have access to, namely:

Code:
~/.config/MultiMiner

You could perhaps try deleting the folder and re-recreating it from Terminal.app:

Code:
rm -rf ~/.config/MultiMiner/
mkdir ~/.config/MultiMiner/

zdaz14

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:16:31 AM

Code:
~/.config/MultiMiner

You could perhaps try deleting the folder and re-recreating it from Terminal.app:

Code:

Threw the two lines into Terminal and got this

Code:
mkdir: /Users/zdaz/.config/MultiMiner/: Permission denied
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:18:02 AM

Code:
~/.config/MultiMiner

Code:

Code:

That shouldn't happen  Sad

This is OS X user-land issues. You should have access to create folders in your own home directory.

zdaz14

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:51:20 PM

Code:
~/.config/MultiMiner

Code:

Code:

That shouldn't happen  Sad

This is OS X user-land issues. You should have access to create folders in your own home directory.

I wonder if it has to do with how I set my partition up. I have two SSDs in my machine and one of them has weird permissions (which I cannot figure out why). I'm going to try to install all of this on the other harddrive and see if that works...and if it does looks like I'll wipe my harddrive and reinstall the OS lol.
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:47:56 PM

Hi Nate,
The 3.4.4 update has been a nightmare.  That is why I had not gotten together with you about the BTC Garden I have been troubleshooting MM.
I just posted the only error I can get on GtiHub.  Usually it just crashes out and bfgminer will keep running in the background as well as sgminer.
So weird.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:10:06 PM

Hi Nate,
The 3.4.4 update has been a nightmare.  That is why I had not gotten together with you about the BTC Garden I have been troubleshooting MM.
I just posted the only error I can get on GtiHub.  Usually it just crashes out and bfgminer will keep running in the background as well as sgminer.
So weird.

Please roll back to 3.4.3 from http://releases.multiminerapp.com if there is a problem. The issue you posted to GitHub doesn't look like anything related to 3.4.4, but rather is caused by some previous crash.

I've posted work-arounds and suggestions on your GitHub issue. If the problem persists or is something specific to 3.4.4 let me know and please provide access to the problem PC via private comms.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:21:38 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 03:01:17 AM by nwoolls

MultiMiner version 3.4.5 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Link to the Admin Page for Network Devices from the Details pane (double-click a device) and from the right-click context menu (right-click a device)
  • Fix an error closing the app
  • Fix the Coin column in the wrong position
  • Fix instance This PC showing twice via Remoting
  • Fix an error refreshing Network Device stats
  • Fix issues launching the app after a crash with Remoting enabled and orphaned miner detection disabled

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley

zdaz14

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:39:59 PM

Alright so my other partition was the issue.

I've got MultiMiner downloaded and installed...but it just Does Not Respond anytime I try to start it up. Just freezes. Anyone on OSX actually have it working? It downloaded and installed everything.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 02:52:23 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:26:22 PM by nwoolls

Alright so my other partition was the issue.

I've got MultiMiner downloaded and installed...but it just Does Not Respond anytime I try to start it up. Just freezes. Anyone on OSX actually have it working? It downloaded and installed everything.

• Launch Terminal.app
  • Type: cd ~/Desktop/MultiMiner.app/Contents/Resources (assuming MultiMiner.app is on your desktop)

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Installation#troubleshooting

fulgurite

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:33:31 AM

looks really cool, multiminer?
how can i find other miners?
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:22:23 AM

looks really cool, multiminer?
how can i find other miners?

You can read more about the Backend Miners in MultiMiner here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Backend-Miners

There are several built in for the most popular algorithms and they will be downloaded and installed automatically by MultiMiner.

You can also add your own Backend Miners (as long as they implement the CGMiner RPC API) and define your own Algorithms:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/GPU-Algorithms

Finally you can monitor miners over the network with little-to-no configuration:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 12:45:44 AM

For those who have reported issues monitoring BTC Gardens ASICs with MultiMiner,  I have looked into this further and the issue is that BTC Gardens ASICs reply to the DEVS RPC API call with the following:

Code:
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ echo -n "devs" | netcat W.X.Y.Z 4028
STATUS=E,When=1410482156,Code=10,Msg=No ,Description=cgminer 4.3.3|

The Code=10 above means that the BTC Gardens fork of CGMiner is returning No Devices when queried:

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/api.c#L314

Until / unless this is fixed, BTC Gardens ASICs will continue to have issues with any monitoring systems that use the DEVS RPC API call, including MultiMiner.

Write up: https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#btc-gardens

Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: