Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:20:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XPM]unofficial jhPrimeminer thread  (Read 180167 times)
John122

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:58:30 AM

Why there is a 10ch/h line while no 10-chains have been found, as indicated by [0/0/0] ? Why is the max diff 10.000000 ? Did the miner find a 10chain but somehow it wasn't valid?
Is it related to "-target 9 -bttarget 9" option?

Actually, it seems to do that everytime you find a block (10-chain). Well, it does for me.
If you look at your pool account, you should see it as a "Found block" and receive the income accordingly.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muto

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:09:59 AM

I found several 10 chains and one 11 chain and it showed up fine. So no problem at my machines
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:23:39 AM

Actually, it seems to do that everytime you find a block (10-chain). Well, it does for me.
If you look at your pool account, you should see it as a "Found block" and receive the income accordingly.

I didn''t see a new block found on the pool side.
20 9-chains and no 10-chain. Is it just bad luch or the command line makes the miner only look for 9 chains?

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:44:49 PM

Those number aren't proven very useful. they are indicators of different steps of the mining process. 
The Chain/day is more useful in telling how quick you could find 9-chains, a fraction (i.e. 1-difficulty) of which will be blocks. The value/h tells how this miner has been doing given the current reward policy -- higher means more reward from the pool.

Isn't the pps the main speed indicator? I remember a hardware comparison list and i think it was sorted based on pps. Not sure though.

No. It was a long time ago most people used pps, when no one understood the mining process much except Sunny King. these days cpd is used but different miners use slightly different definition of cpd.
the only reliable indicator is how many XPM you mine perday, after mining for some days when many a few blocks are found. It can take weeks to do so. this number is tied to the pool performance if you are not soloing.

I mean is it possible for a miner that mines with 5k pps to actually mine more coins from a miner that mines with 10k pps?
dustofdeath

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:55:09 PM

any ideas abotu the jhprimeminer "has stopped working" error?

trying to mine  at ypool but it just instantly crashes.

"jhPrimeMiner.exe -o http://ypool.net -xpt -u condemned.XPM_1 -p x"

The string above should be correct?

Bitcoin GHAS renting and 0% fee stratum mining.
https://cex.io/r/0/condemned/0/
jet1460

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:58:51 PM

The Mumus Links are not working....
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:18:02 PM

any ideas abotu the jhprimeminer "has stopped working" error?

trying to mine  at ypool but it just instantly crashes.

"jhPrimeMiner.exe -o http://ypool.net -xpt -u condemned.XPM_1 -p x"

The string above should be correct?

Check the details of the error message and see if a file mpir.dll is mentioned.
Probably you have the wrong mpir.dll install for your cpu.
dbasql

Activity: 219

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:25:44 AM

I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask.  Huh
How do you guys see the stats such as PPS etc when you have started JH from a batch file? Are you writing this out to a log file?
Also anyone know if this is a strong config for Xeon 24 thread CPU? I will post the rate I am mining at if I can figure out how to do it.

jhPrimeminer-T16.exe -u worker -p pass -m 53 -m2 59 -m3 61 -m4 67 -o ypool.net:8083

Thanks DBA
dbasql

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:35:14 AM

I know this is a dumb question but I have to ask.  Huh
How do you guys see the stats such as PPS etc when you have started JH from a batch file? Are you writing this out to a log file?
Also anyone know if this is a strong config for Xeon 24 thread CPU? I will post the rate I am mining at if I can figure out how to do it.

jhPrimeminer-T16.exe -u worker -p pass -m 53 -m2 59 -m3 61 -m4 67 -o ypool.net:8083

Thanks DBA

Anyone with any input? I have access to many different types of processors and will gladly post the results.
John122

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:57:38 PM

Anyone with any input? I have access to many different types of processors and will gladly post the results.

You could try adding "-target 9 -bttarget 9" to your config, I've seen an increase with it (well, I think so, it's kinda hard to tell with this coin since there's no "hashrate" per se).
I think it focuses your miner on finding 9-chains instead of 10 since you find a much greater deal of those than 10-chains, and they are still worth a lot.
As for the multiple -m, not sure about this, I've not seen many people use that config before.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:04:58 PM

The main problem is that you can't tell by the live stats when your miner does better.  Undecided
It seems that primes/ sec aren't a reliable measure.
John122

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:22:40 PM

The main problem is that you can't tell by the live stats when your miner does better.  Undecided
It seems that primes/ sec aren't a reliable measure.

Indeed, "share value per hour" is better, but you find a few 9-chain or a 10-chain and it jumps quite higher, so while it's better it's still unreliable for performance measurement.
dbasql

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:58:35 AM

You could try adding "-target 9 -bttarget 9" to your config, I've seen an increase with it (well, I think so, it's kinda hard to tell with this coin since there's no "hashrate" per se).
I think it focuses your miner on finding 9-chains instead of 10 since you find a much greater deal of those than 10-chains, and they are still worth a lot.
As for the multiple -m, not sure about this, I've not seen many people use that config before.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
To be clear are you saying there is no real way to measure how fast a processor is compared to another processor?
I was looking here and it lists some different CPU's but I don't know how to see the output.
http://xpmwiki.com/index.php?title=Hardware_comparison
In other words is it possible that I am using two XEON 5639 with 24 threads and it could actual not perform as well as a new generation XEON with less  threads. I have access to all kinds of processors and can post info I just know how to look for that info and what  part of it is useful.
I can of course look at this information with the standard XPM wallet but not with JHPrimeminer. Once I start the batch file with these parameters I don't know how to gauge performance.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:32:14 AM

To be clear are you saying there is no real way to measure how fast a processor is compared to another processor?
I was looking here and it lists some different CPU's but I don't know how to see the output.
In other words is it possible that I am using two XEON 5639 with 24 threads and it could actual not perform as well as a new generation XEON with less  threads. I have access to all kinds of processors and can post info I just know how to look for that info and what  part of it is useful.
I can of course look at this information with the standard XPM wallet but not with JHPrimeminer. Once I start the batch file with these parameters I don't know how to gauge performance.

chain/day makes assumption and different miners use slightly different difinition of cpd. Even with the same cpd you would get different return on different pools because their reward policies are different.  The best parameter is how many XPMs you make perdat on average.

Some of the pools reward heavily the block finder. So in order to get a fair comparison for long term mining speed you would need to wait your miner to find a few blocks before drawing conclusion. That takes time unless you have several of the same machines to bundle together. Then you have parameter space to explore for each miner software.

You need to be methodical and careful to do it right.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
dbasql

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:45:28 AM

In other words is it possible that I am using two XEON 5639 with 24 threads and it could actual not perform as well as a new generation XEON with less  threads. I have access to all kinds of processors and can post info I just know how to look for that info and what  part of it is useful.

chain/day makes assumption and different miners use slightly different difinition of cpd. Even with the same cpd you would get different return on different pools because their reward policies are different.  The best parameter is how many XPMs you make perdat on average.

Some of the pools reward heavily the block finder. So in order to get a fair comparison for long term mining speed you would need to wait your miner to find a few blocks before drawing conclusion. That takes time unless you have several of the same machines to bundle together. Then you have parameter space to explore for each miner software.

You need to be methodical and careful to do it right.

First of thanks for the reply
Ok this makes sense I am using Ypool. I can segment an account I guess and see how long it takes to get 1 XPM for each type of CPU as a baseline. It would at least provide a rough estimate.
Right now I can say one server with Dual 5639 I get one XPM per 24 hour period. I think this is pretty decent but I don't have anything else to compare it to.

ssl303

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:55:02 AM

I have the following output. Is there way to predict how long it takes for me to mine a block looking at the output? How do you calculate and what number do you use?

New Block: 303100 - Diff: 9.992898 / 9.992898
Best/Max diff: [ 9.913507 / 0.000000 ]
6ch/h:    79.24 - 2077 [ 604 / 636 / 837 ]
7ch/h:     8.81 - 231 [ 70 / 79 / 82 ]
8ch/h:     0.88 - 23 [ 6 / 7 / 10 ]
9ch/h:     0.11 - 3 [ 1 / 0 / 2 ]
MNPS:423.47   PPS:35823        WPS:13.837   ACC:2588
Current Primorial: 61 - Sieve Size: 1974500 - Prime Count: 42389
LeftToeCut

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:43:41 AM

Does anyone have a working OSX binary and could upload it somewhere? I've got a quite a few macs here but am unable to compile.
magnificat_mafia

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:48:57 AM

Does anyone have a working OSX binary and could upload it somewhere? I've got a quite a few macs here but am unable to compile.

What is the problem you are having?  I was able to compile on osx
LeftToeCut

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:59:27 AM

What is the problem you are having?  I was able to compile on osx

time mostly, I got xcode and a macports but got lots of errors about something missing. I am not entirely sure what went wrong but if you could upload a binary I would appreciate it.
Tamis

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:36:53 PM

What's the best miner for ypool to run on ubuntu 64bit servers right now ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: