Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanitygen: Vanity bitcoin address generator/miner [v0.22]  (Read 1152791 times)
CoinCave

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 06:07:54 PM

Can you make something similar for tor onion domain?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 06:11:29 PM

This can be a good start:
https://github.com/neoeinstein/purpleonion

I used VS2010, and with some simple fix it works.
It uses CPU.
It will be really good if someone build a GPU version Smiley

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
CoinCave

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2012, 08:52:29 PM

It uses CPU.
Only for the crappy windows systems btw
i just found this from another topic https://github.com/katmagic/Shallot
but still too slow to get a good result.
Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2012, 01:24:40 AM

It uses CPU.
Only for the crappy windows systems btw
i just found this from another topic https://github.com/katmagic/Shallot
but still too slow to get a good result.
Too slow? It can do 6 characters in 30 minutes on a crappy processor.  What name are you trying to make?

I was looking into shallot, but I think having namecoin point to an onion address is better.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:26:36 PM

how to gpu? I only get a vanitygen executable?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 07:34:21 PM

how to gpu? I only get a vanitygen executable?

In vanitygen-017-win folder there's vanitygen, vanitygen64 and oclvanitygen. Use the last one to use GPU. If you want to use more than 1 GPU then you will have to run a separate instance of oclvanitygen for each (at least I found no other way).

Signature space available for rent.
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:09:34 PM

Thanks for this great little program.

A little clarity about exactly how Vanitygen works would be great:

For example:

1) You start searching for an address on Vanitygen.
2) It reaches 50% of total keys searched without finding the private key.
3) You then stop Vanitygen and close the program.
4) Then, you reopen Vanitygen and have it start searching for the same address and it again reaches 50% without finding a key.

Question: Did Vanitygen go through the same exact keys during the second search as the first search of 50%? Or does it search randomly?

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 08:10:53 PM

For example:

4) Then, you reopen Vanitygen and have it start searching for the same address and it again reaches 50% without finding a key.

Question: Did Vanitygen go through the same exact keys during the second search as the first search of 50%? Or does it search randomly?
This has already been asked multiple times, if you looked through the entire thread you would've found it.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 09:32:52 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2012, 09:50:01 PM by deepceleron

2) It reaches 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% of total keys searched without finding the private key.
Fixed for you.

Answered: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25804.msg611858#msg611858
ForceField
aka Vitaliy

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:34:18 PM

For example:

Ok, so as I understand it, Vanitygen uses a random computer entropy search every time (i.e. even if you're searching for 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT twice).

This type of search leaves the possiblity and high probability that already tried unsuccessful keys during the first run will be tried again.

So for example, is it possible to have Vanitygen search for the Privkey (of 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT) in a specific order such that if you stop it, that you can resume it later without having Vanitygen waste time by possibly searching through the same keys?

This would eliminate the redundancy of having Vanitygen search for already attempted unsuccessful keys.

PC Hardware & Electronics For BTC     Traded w/: Kansattica | jduck1987 | shakaru | newdude | nitetrader | midievil | blo8i | mb300sd | juggalodarkclow | Garr255 | Tril | Ringmasta | SysRun | CrazyBlane | sokay | BCB | str4wm4n | PinkBatman | Bitobsessed | matauc12 | antimattercrusader | BryanK
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 10:45:55 PM

Homework:  What is the probablity of a program restart searching the same key space?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 10:48:25 PM

For example:

Ok, so as I understand it, Vanitygen uses a random computer entropy search every time (i.e. even if you're searching for 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT twice).

This type of search leaves the possiblity and high probability that already tried unsuccessful keys during the first run will be tried again.

So for example, is it possible to have Vanitygen search for the Privkey (of 1BoatSLRHtKNngkdXEeobR76b53LETtpyT) in a specific order such that if you stop it, that you can resume it later without having Vanitygen waste time by possibly searching through the same keys?

This would eliminate the redundancy of having Vanitygen search for already attempted unsuccessful keys.
It uses entropy from OpenSSL, and that is taken from things such as input noise or disk I/O, so I doubt you'd ever find the same key. What are you suggesting, anyway? That we save down every single key generated and compare against it at runtime?

Edit: Also, there is no "resume". Every single try has an equal chance of matching your pattern.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2012, 11:03:56 PM

First, I have not looked at the code but I have always just assumed that it would generate a (truly) random starting location and then hang out there for N sequential keys in that area (by just incrementing the private key) and then jumps to another random area. 

This should be a lot faster since you do not have to generate a random number each time but more importantly once you calculate the public key for the first random trial the calculation of the N sequential trials from that starting point on the elliptical curve would then only involve repeated adds of G to the public key - saving tons of time over doing separate p*G calculations for each trial if every trial is random.

Anyway, that is what I would do if I was writing the code.  It would work just as well as generating a random private key each time and would save a ton of time.

Answer to the homework problem:  zero (for all practical purposes).

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2012, 11:12:17 PM

Answer to the homework problem:  zero (for all practical purposes).
You'd make a terrible teacher, Burt.
You have to give your pupils a stab before you reveal the answer!
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
February 19, 2012, 02:42:15 AM

Homework:  What is the probablity of a program restart searching the same key space?
Answer to the homework problem:  zero (for all practical purposes).
Actually, the keyspace it's searching is equal. It's just rather large, and you start searching at a different point in the space every time.
Answer: one.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2012, 02:55:21 AM

Your answer to my question is correct.  The question I meant to ask was "What is the probablity of a program restart searching the same area of the key space?"

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 10:51:08 PM

I finally decided to download this simply program so that I would no longer impose upon Rassah to create my vanity addresses. I read the OP and understood it perfectly until I got to GitHub. At this point all bets were off. I continued to read this thread and finally came to the conclusion that if this is easy, I've yet to realize it.

All I want is a place to download the program. Once I have the program install, I fire it up. Once fired up, I set the parameters and press GO. A bell rings when it's done. I'll forego the bell ringing option, but why can't I do the rest with this program with ease?

The reason for asking is that I'm currently working on an idea with the core business model centered around Vanitygen and Firstbits. If I can't easily do it, how am I going to get a following to do it?

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Houdini)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 11:05:18 PM

I finally decided to download this simply program so that I would no longer impose upon Rassah to create my vanity addresses. I read the OP and understood it perfectly until I got to GitHub. At this point all bets were off. I continued to read this thread and finally came to the conclusion that if this is easy, I've yet to realize it.

All I want is a place to download the program. Once I have the program install, I fire it up. Once fired up, I set the parameters and press GO. A bell rings when it's done. I'll forego the bell ringing option, but why can't I do the rest with this program with ease?

The reason for asking is that I'm currently working on an idea with the core business model centered around Vanitygen and Firstbits. If I can't easily do it, how am I going to get a following to do it?

It actually is fairly easy to use. You just have to run it from a DOS window. You could just ask me directly, and I would gladly walk you through it. One important prerequisite first: do you have mining hardware? To generate an address with more than just a few custom letters you need the same kind of hardware you use for mining Bitcoin
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 12:08:18 AM

It actually is fairly easy to use. You just have to run it from a DOS window. You could just ask me directly, and I would gladly walk you through it. One important prerequisite first: do you have mining hardware? To generate an address with more than just a few custom letters you need the same kind of hardware you use for mining Bitcoin

Using a DOS window I probably can do for I've used those F-keys at the top of the keyboard before and have been inside the DOS programs of this laptop (or was it with ME--can't remember), but don't have any mining hardware. Perhaps if I knew what the bear equipment I need to buy and shown how easy this could be to do, I may be game into shit!!! I have no choice now but to do this. What are the steps, equipment needed, costs, etc.? Thank you, Rassah.

~Bruno~
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 12:16:06 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 01:21:02 AM by deepceleron

...but why can't I do the rest with this program with ease?
I don't get the problem? If you are trying to build it, build instructions are there, and you can look back in the thread for others' experiences building oclvanitygen. The code doesn't have a comment for every line, further hacking it into something different would need coding skills on parity with the creator.

If you are just trying to use it, here's a Windows binary HOWTO that should have been in the original post:

Installation:

• If GPU acceleration is desired, install ATI Drivers v11.11 or newer for ATI video cards or latest Nvidia driver, test that OpenCL is working with GPU miner software.
  • Download and unzip vanitygen-0.17-win.zip to it's own directory.
  • To interact with the program, you need to open a terminal/shell/command prompt in the program's directory. In Windows Vista/Win7 Explorer, hold down the shift key on the keyboard while right-clicking the folder where vanitygen was extracted, and choose Open command window here.
  • Test CPU operation. This command line will generate a Bitcoin addresses beginning with 1ABCD in around a minute or less:
    >vanitygen 1ABCD
  • Test GPU operation. This command line will generate a Bitcoin addresses beginning with 1ABCDE in around a minute, using the first OpenCL device in your system:
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 1ABCDE

Note that a Bitcoin address must start with 1. The default vanitygen operation is to find a matching prefix (start of address), and you must specify the 1 that begins all Bitcoin addresses.

OpenCL GPU device configuration:

OpenCL is the language used for talking to a GPU, and is installed with the video card driver. If the above GPU command didn't run correctly, generating over 1Mkey/s, then you should examine your OpenCL configuration. Remove the -d 0 option ("use device #0") from the command line above and run it again, which will list available OpenCL devices. Here's mine:

>oclvanitygen 1ABCD
Available OpenCL platforms:
0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  0: [Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.] Juniper
  1: [GenuineIntel] Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU    Q6600  @ 2.40GHz

Both a GPU and the system CPU are available in my system; on yours, the GPU may not be the first listed. "Juniper" is this AMD GPU's code name.

The first line is the platform number, the second two lines are the available devices under that platform. Change the -d 0 line in the example above to the GPU desired. If no GPU is shown, the video card driver or OpenCL is not installed properly. If you have multiple OpenCL SDKs or implementations installed, more than one platform may be shown, specify the correct one (e.g. -p 1 for the second platform if shown.)

Example command lines (oclvanitygen, device 0, default platform):

• Search for exact prefix 1ABCDE, keep searching after first match is found (-k):
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -k 1ABCDE
  • Search for prefix 1ABCDE in any combination of upper or lower case (-i):
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -i 1ABCDE
  • Search for ABCD anywhere in address (only supported on CPU vanitygen) (-r):
    >vanitygen -r ABCD
  • Search for prefix 1ABCDE, use a seed file to make address generation more secure and random (-s):
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -s RandomSeedFile.txt 1ABCDE
  • Search for prefix 1ABCDE, keep searching after first match is found, and save all found address to a file:
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -k -o GeneratedAddresses.txt 1ABCDE
  • Search for many prefixes at once using a text file listing them (newline after each prefix including last):
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -k -f PrefixList.txt
  • Use all options above including case-insensitive search, and turn on verbose mode for more information:
    >oclvanitygen -d 0 -v -i -k -f PrefixList.txt -o GeneratedAddresses.txt -s RandomSeedFile.txt

When specifying a case-insensitive address prefix on the command line or in a text file list, you must still only use valid Base58 characters. This means you must only use lower-case i or o, and only upper-case L, or you will get an error.
  • Bad: 1celeron, 1CELERON
  • Good: 1ceLeron, 1CELERoN

I found an address, now what?

Vanitygen finds an address that matches your search parameters, and provides the private key for that address. The private key is never shown to you in the Bitcoin client; it is used behind the scenes, and is the secret part of your address that you should never give to anyone.

The mainline Bitcoin client does not have the ability to use private keys directly, but you can do other things to use bitcoins sent to your new address:

• Use the "redeem private key" option on MtGox, and input the private key you found. Any Bitcoins sent to the address will now be automatically withdrawn to your MtGox account. This is permanent, there is no option to remove or cancel a private key once it is added to your MtGox account,
  • Use an alternate Bitcoin client, such as Armory, that has an "import private key" feature,
  • Use the pywallet utility to import your private key and address into your Bitcoin wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 191 »
  Print  

Jump to: