Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 09:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829881 times)
Cryptos2go

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:01:05 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 03:18:05 AM by Cryptos2go

Private coin trades are all fine and dandy but you are basically wanting someone to speculate with your money?
Two of the things you mentioned sound like investing with no short term gain and the other.. Riding alt trains does not make sense unless you mean hold the coins and see what happens (speculate again).

Might as well have the admin send it to satoshi dice once a day to see if we can double the profit or nothing...  i highly doubt users will be happy with low payouts for a month in speculation of one of your ideas will pan out three months from now. They will all leave.

Multipools organically involve mining and trading.. Having someone in charge who creatively makes more than what simple autosell scrypts do is an asset. Its too bad that MC H20 hasn't devloped his front end and communications to match his backroom dealings. The secret nature of MC is what kept many here; however being too secret when the house of cards is falling is either cocky or naive when Kilotons are leaving in droves. Who knows, the weight of that amount of hash power may be more of a hinderance than a benefit to the long term pool survival? This could all be planned for all we know.  

My other ideas are more launch point thoughts into where I see mining evolving into.. Imagine two rigs... One that pays the bills, and the other focused on only coin ipo's, alt-trains, and coin business investments. Both serve a purpose and have different return upsides.

BC Out!

Couldn't agree more BC, and I think you are spot on even if that spot is as of yet an undefined grey area. Huge potential for returns here (if you have any faith in the general concept/utility of crypto)

Sure there is risk involved but being a 'resource' close to this space might be one of the better ways to get in on some of the innovation that is just flooding this nascent sector, much of it happening in micro cap, I wouldn't think massive amounts of capitol are whats needed.

MC has paid out what 9m $ in btc since its inception 7 months ago?

Would I have a problem with 5-10% of my payout being spread amongst upstart Merchant services like Coinbase or hardware companies like KNCminer and any number of the ATM companies or exchanges like Cryptsy or development services like stress testing verticoin? Nope.

Admittedly I know nothing of the registration requirements for traditional VC investors and participants, let alone the hybrid this would represent. Besides just because you are an early adopter or innovator doesn't mean you will see any dividends. Just ask Laszlo or H20  Wink

-Edit- I've been asking waiting and hoping H20 would implement some kind of hash allocation algorithm for several months. Here's a coinspiracy : Maybe H20 has done just that. Altcoinplex is the next stop after the CM test. Should be interesting, maybe they will have a few more coins in a day or 3. Thanks to whoever mentioned it.
The Fat Miner

Activity: 84

Please give me Bitcoins so I can buy more food

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:05:09 AM

BOOOOOOOOOO fucking Whoooooooooooooo, look middlecoins hash is now 18 gigahash, all the people with their pathetic 1 to 10 hash has left the buildling. What the hell will h20 do now. Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how will i pay for my electricity!!!!!

Yeh Because you obviously must have a massive amount of hash to be calling 10 Mh/s pathetic , What an idiot 10 Mh/s is far from pathetic.
drexel232

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:25:02 AM

-Edit- I've been asking waiting and hoping H20 would implement some kind of hash allocation algorithm for several months. Here's a coinspiracy : Maybe H20 has done just that. Altcoinplex is the next stop after the CM test. Should be interesting, maybe they will have a few more coins in a day or 3. Thanks to whoever mentioned it.

You completely read my mind!!!! I thought the exact same thing: MC 2.0.  Grin
closesat315am

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:25:07 AM

Would I have a problem with 5-10% of my payout being spread amongst upstart Merchant services like Coinbase or hardware companies like KNCminer and any number of the ATM companies or exchanges like Cryptsy or development services like stress testing verticoin? Nope.

cryptostocks.com allows you to invest VC style into various crypto projects and get dividends paid. they have a high min withdrawl, but its kinda neat, take your mining from one day a week and invest it into something

DOGECOIN: D6MTLa1aMNHiuSv776FX28RezvhDVPHxFg much wow and thank you
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:38:33 AM

You completely read my mind!!!! I thought the exact same thing: MC 2.0.  Grin

What am i missing with altcoinplex that makes it diff from other multi pools besides paying out in 3 diff coins?
Just having a proxy that splits the hash power to some coins at the same time? Instead of slamming one at a time?

drexel232

Activity: 53

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 03:50:19 AM

What am i missing with altcoinplex that makes it diff from other multi pools besides paying out in 3 diff coins?
Just having a proxy that splits the hash power to some coins at the same time? Instead of slamming one at a time?

Basically, little to no coin switching. The list of coins are mined constantly, but at varying percentages.

EDIT: Have to see how it performs under load, but I'm guessing that reject rates would be similar to mining a single coin directly. All day, I've been < 1%.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:00:41 AM

Basically, little to no coin switching. The list of coins are mined constantly, but at varying percentages.

EDIT: Have to see how it performs under load, but I'm guessing that reject rates would be similar to mining a single coin directly. All day, I've been < 1%.

if their proxy works as i think it might be.. you could be mining a higher diff coin and get less rejects while another user could be mining a lower diff coin and have many rejects. I imagine they tie the miner's source IP to a stratum daemon that mines a specific coin. Therefore you could have other miners on a diff source IP mining a totally diff coin with a diff reject rate.

That makes me wonder if some users will complain their payout is smaller then others since they had many more rejects..
zefo

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:01:43 AM

i earned more in 16 hours at another site than 26 here.  waiting until h2o fixes whatever is going on.  compared BTC/1mhs on several sites over the last week and the low payouts here can't be due to weak altcoins in general as that trend wasn't seen on other sites. 

What site are you using?
avidwriter

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:07:09 AM

i earned more in 16 hours at another site than 26 here.  waiting until h2o fixes whatever is going on.  compared BTC/1mhs on several sites over the last week and the low payouts here can't be due to weak altcoins in general as that trend wasn't seen on other sites. 

What site are you using?

clevermining.  reduced the intensity on the 7850s to 17 and it seems to be working ok so far. 
Cryptos2go

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:07:34 AM

cryptostocks.com allows you to invest VC style into various crypto projects and get dividends paid. they have a high min withdrawl, but its kinda neat, take your mining from one day a week and invest it into something

Thanks for reminding me. Maybe It's time for another look. I hemmed, hawed and kicked the tires on the Cryptsy shares a day or 2 after they were announced.

I'm sure there have been others, maybe several, better suited for investment than Cryptsy. I was just familiar with Cryptsy at the time and despite its growing pains and questionable timing on what appear to be occasional deposit/withdrawal delays, I think BV has done a decent job with it and I like his approach to an open market as compared to say BTC-e when it comes to adding coins.

I probably should have tried to get more info but assumed that what I was seeing was all they were willing to disclose at the time.

I would assume it's the norm for a typical VC to have a bit more access to detailed financials/business plan type of info before investing, albeit under non disclose, non compete conditions.

Even so I don't coinsider  ha haha hahahahaha , myself to be a competent judge of capitol worthy ventures especially given the technical nature and sheer volume of all these possibilities. I could see that as being a full time job for, well tech VC's.

That said I get your point though.
Cryptos2go

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:19:18 AM

if their proxy works as i think it might be.. you could be mining a higher diff coin and get less rejects while another user could be mining a lower diff coin and have many rejects. I imagine they tie the miner's source IP to a stratum daemon that mines a specific coin. Therefore you could have other miners on a diff source IP mining a totally diff coin with a diff reject rate.

That makes me wonder if some users will complain their payout is smaller then others since they had many more rejects..

I would think less coin switching also and possibly the addition of "coin type" optimizations. An example might be lower share difficulty for the low difficulty fast block time coins. Assuming reject rate is based on blocks solving faster than spec, and not on latency (which of course also plays a factor) the rejects should be minimal. Until some coin switching pool without hash allocation comes along and blows the baby out of the bathtub.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:29:59 AM

I would think less coin switching also and possibly the addition of "coin type" optimizations. An example might be lower share difficulty for the low difficulty fast block time coins. Assuming reject rate is based on blocks solving faster than spec, and not on latency (which of course also plays a factor) the rejects should be minimal. Until some coin switching pool without hash allocation comes along and blows the baby out of the bathtub.

You make some good points about lower share diff eliminating some rejects and less switching. That makes a lot of sense. But I could see cases where a single miner behind NAT with 20 mhash/sec might get tied to a single low diff coin.. and if you do not feed him a share diff rate of 512 or 1024.. he will be hammering you hard with a share diff of 32 or 64. That puts a ton of load on a pool server.

That is why I am trying to imagine how they are dividing up their hashing power and what the end result would be for miners on diff coins. Source IP seems the easiest to tie them to a stratum daemon.
Cryptos2go

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:54:21 AM

You make some good points about lower share diff eliminating some rejects and less switching. That makes a lot of sense. But I could see cases where a single miner behind NAT with 20 mhash/sec might get tied to a single low diff coin.. and if you do not feed him a share diff rate of 512 or 1024.. he will be hammering you hard with a share diff of 32 or 64. That puts a ton of load on a pool server.

That is why I am trying to imagine how they are dividing up their hashing power and what the end result would be for miners on diff coins. Source IP seems the easiest to tie them to a stratum daemon.

Considering there appears to be no individual worker registration, maybe that would be a problem. Then again the current basket is made up of mostly .5~1gh/s+ coins is it not?

Don't you need individual worker's to use vardiff?

Perhaps this is a somewhat manual allocation at this point with static assignments?
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:22:31 AM

Considering there appears to be no individual worker registration, maybe that would be a problem. Then again the current basket is made up of mostly .5~1gh/s+ coins is it not?

Don't you need individual worker's to use vardiff?

Perhaps this is a somewhat manual allocation at this point with static assignments?

I did not analyze the coins they are mining. If they are all higher diff I can see reject rates being lower for everyone but that is giving up a bit of profit ignoring the others.

I do not think you need individual workers anymore with job based vardiff. The code changed over the last 6 months. Dont hold me to that thought but I am pretty sure.

I doubt they are statically assigning them. I would guess src based proxying to stratum servers that have "weights" attached to them.. allowing certain amounts of traffic to hit them. And if I think I could make something like that work it does not impress me very much. It is basically just running a bunch of pools at once and dividing up the hash rate among them. I dont see how it will make payouts magically increase combined with the normal auto selling going on.
Tripjammer

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:36:35 AM

Ok no payouts today? WTF?!?

Damn this just keeps getting better and better...

WishFinanceAlternative lending platform for SMEs
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Oct, XX Crowdsale  |  Aim for +YY% bonus!      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬       
[ WishFinance tread ]  ●  [ Whitepaper ]  ●  [ Telegram ]
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 05:50:42 AM

hmm ... came back to middle after a long break ...

Once again 4 good days and now 3 rip offs in a row

Me and my 66M are going to clevermining ...I suggest all to follow as this pattern just keeps repeating where he seems to take profits

OBJECT NOT FOUND
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:14:40 AM

MC already dipped under 17 GH/s

Sad to see what was once the best pool go downhill because the pool operator goes AWOL.

Has ANYONE been able to get a hold of H20?
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:42:36 AM

He's more like MIA for now... AWOL in a bit
Unfortunately nobody here has his phone # to give him a call
Maybe teabag has it huh

MC already dipped under 17 GH/s

Sad to see what was once the best pool go downhill because the pool operator goes AWOL.

Has ANYONE been able to get a hold of H20?
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:52:05 AM

I don't know whats gone wrong with this pool, but it's definately failing (or defrauding since it's real hard to lose MH) big time. My 4.3 MH/s rig was doing about 0.05 BTC/day now consistently getting 0.01?Huh? WTF? I'm off to pastures new, as are I notice 25% of his customers in last 24 hours!

There is no transparency, no communication, no support, as far as I can tell. This one man band has completely failed to scale his business to match the revenues he was/is taking, it's called being greedy, and it's bitten him in the ass.

aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Buddy,

One thing you might have noticed while being here is that H2O has never been missing completely for such a long period of time. Something has happened to him otherwise he would have at least posted one of his one-liners on twitter...

Anyways... for now this is not the best place to point your miners to

I don't know whats gone wrong with this pool, but it's definately failing (or defrauding since it's real hard to lose MH) big time. My 4.3 MH/s rig was doing about 0.05 BTC/day now consistently getting 0.01?Huh? WTF? I'm off to pastures new, as are I notice 25% of his customers in last 24 hours!

There is no transparency, no communication, no support, as far as I can tell. This one man band has completely failed to scale his business to match the revenues he was/is taking, it's called being greedy, and it's bitten him in the ass.

Pages: « 1 ... 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: