Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829872 times)
eMiz0r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:31:54 AM

wafflepool and middlecoin are on par in the last 24hr...

+1, just as clevermining by the way. I've switched from middlecoin to wafflepool a week ago and payouts are merely the same. You don't need to switch if you want to get payed better, the only reason could be better support (wafflepool), better website (clevermining) or don't switch at all. I was just tired of no communication and all the issues.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ckoeber

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:13:59 PM

+1, just as clevermining by the way. I've switched from middlecoin to wafflepool a week ago and payouts are merely the same. You don't need to switch if you want to get payed better, the only reason could be better support (wafflepool), better website (clevermining) or don't switch at all. I was just tired of no communication and all the issues.

I can understand this; but what really is there to communicate beyond what has been communicated already via the Twitter posts and IRC?

It's obvious that all of the "lost shares" and percentages of those lost shares don't have a significant impact and the other pools aren't better where it counts.

On top of that you get higher than average payouts on Middlecoin than you get on these other pools.

So long story short; with all of the hoopla and hype people have been talking about these other pools they boil down to no big reason to switch.
MagicOnline

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:26:32 PM

Clevermining is Ok as long you are in or close to the US, due the lack of European servers the amount ofaccepted blocks (pool hashrate) is 15% lower.
Wafflepools concept is really nice but even on the EU server I get 20% less BTC compared to middlecoin, so i'm still mining @ amsterdam.middlecoin.com... even with a higher reject amount and server connection losses it makes more $ then the others.
ilear

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:33:18 PM

Quick question, should Im from EU - should i mine at middlecoin.com or should i choose amsterdam/eu server to get better profits?
dc17

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:40:35 PM

Quick question, should Im from EU - should i mine at middlecoin.com or should i choose amsterdam/eu server to get better profits?

use one of the following:

stratum+tcp://amsterdam.middlecoin.com:3333
stratum+tcp://eu.middlecoin.com:3333
KS

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:50:08 PM

middlecoin.com will point you to the closest server to you (so probably am or eu).

I don't mine on eu for now (lower payouts), only on am or useast, but I have all of them in the cgminer conf so I can switch or load-balance/failover when needed.

You'll have to see which is better for you. My 290 rigs likes am better (cgwatcher 3.7.2 and the 13.11 drv), my 7970/280X like useast better (cgmner 3.1.0 and 12.8 drv).

ilear

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:54:28 PM

thx guys, i'll try amsterdam for now
kylekartan

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:24:06 PM

Fuck CGWatcher.  

...Do you have a better solution for that stubborn card that decides to get SICK or DEAD randomly?...

Developing a stable config file will solve that type of problem.  

Ummmm, yeah that's all fine and good... but what is your solution for this scenario?

5850 works at 350kh/s for about 12-24 hours and then randomly goes SICK immediatley losing 350kh/s on your hashrate...

You can "stabilize" it by reducing the intensity to 14 and getting 270kh/s for 24hrs with no problems or you can use CGWatcher to restart the miner and get the GPU running at 350kh/s again within a minute.  Sorry but I would rather do the latter and "stabilize" at 80kh/s more.

Not a good explanation.  Sorry, bud, but you are another person who is "fuck this" or "fuck that" without actually offering a valid explanation.  

Miners are fucking stupid and this thread is proof.

Well now we are just thread-jacking and getting way off-topic,  but that guys post is validation enough as why not to run CGWatcher. CGWatcher is a piece of shit. I'm no Einstein, but I'm not fucking stupid either. I agree that cutting the balls off by selecting a lower intensity is fucking stupid.  It's also fucking stupid to wring the shit out of your cards until they end up "sick" and "dead",  and to rely on a re-start to straighten everything out until it happens again. Throwing shares away to re-boot because I overheated my cards or constantly running at a sub-par speed are not my ideas of a stable and optimized system.  All but one of my single-core 7950s are set to I-19 and average ~630 kh/s each,  and throttle back and forth between ~620 and ~640. I have one set to I-18 so I can periodically use my monitor while mining without locking up the rig. That one throttles between ~600 and 620 Khs.  Temps almost never go above 74 degrees and fan speeds almost never go above 3400 rpm on any of my cards. Most of the time they run lower in terms of temp and fan speed. I could squeeze a liiiiittle more hash out of them if I wanted periodic lock-ups,  but what's the point since I stopped having sick/dead cards (your temps are too high,  you are killing your fans/cards) or hard locks (indicates gpu engine and/or mem clocks and/or T.C. settings are too high),  once I tuned my config.  Why do I need CGWatcher again?  Why do I need a program that would consistently NOT work properly and consistently NOT activate CGMiner if I decided to reboot or the power went out? A simple BIOS setting and a cgminer batch file in the start-up menu addresses those conditions.  And forget about setting CGWatcher up for quota work across multiple pools,  those settings were good for what,  one go-around, iirc. It didn't take me too long to figure out that CGWatcher was basically an all-around pain-in-the-ass,  barely-serviceable band-aid for a poorly tuned config file. CGMiner gives you all of the tools that you need to maximize your hash rate as well as to avoid sick/dead cards/hard locks at the same time. It took me a little longer to figure out which version of CGMiner has a dead-balls accurate quota function,  but yeah,  it does that too.

The more I thought about it, the more your post pissed me off. You keep saying that CGWatcher is a piece of shit, but your rationale does not back that up. You're saying that some use it as a crutch for a bad config...and I'm sure some people do. Does that make the program itself a piece of shit? No, it doesn't.

If it crashed all the time and rape rape your hash rate, stole GPU cycles, ate your firstborn, then yes, fuck that program, it's a piece of shit.

But it doesn't. Some use it as a simple way to make sure cgminer is always running (the slightly easier to read stats are a bonus), others use it to push their cards harder or better support a troublesome card. But you know what, that doesn't mean shit. You don't like it, fine, that's your opinion. But if someone else uses the program...so friggin what. How I use it isn't your damned problem.

[/rant]

("You said rape twice." "I like rape")
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:31:30 PM

Although, I agree.  It would be nice if he would appoint an official spokesperson for this thread and provide updates on a weekly basis.  Some of us don't do that Twitter stuff.  lol

I have suggested this in the past; just pay someone a certain amount of BTC and have that person update the forum. Easier for everyone.

The underlying theme from folks is that they don't know what exactly is going on. H20 can just have a liaison and then the pool can ask questions to the liaison as much as they like.

Since there's the twitter feed on the Middlecoin.com homepage (no need for twitter at all) AND a whole forum dedicated to Middlecoin that's sorta blessed by H2O (he linked to it from a twitter post) http://middlecoinforum.com/ , and available pretty much all the time via IRC ...

... Plus the fact that h2o was basically harassed by verified scammers here on BitcoinTalk who outed his name and posted photos of him and were going to post his home address... I don't blame him for avoiding this forum.

Lack of communication my ass.

It's like someone putting out an always updated billboard on a busy freeway and being accused of lack of communication because he won't talk to you at 3am in the neighborhood where he was mugged. Jeez.

If you don't like it in Middlecoin, there are other options. If you do stay.  Either way, have some perspective and relax.

Re-quoting this for those of you who are STILL complaining that h20 "doesn't communicate" just because he doesn't want to come back to BitcoinTalk. He does communicate, just not here for very good reason.  Again, most people wouldn't visit the place where they faced harrassment of the level he got here (outing his name, face, and his home address on a forum full of ignorant ranters would scare anyone and doesn't accomplish anything).

johncarpe64

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:04 PM

Any chances that the pool will include a way to check each individual miners? I don't want to separate all my payout address.. Thanks
kylekartan

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:09:18 PM

Any chances that the pool will include a way to check each individual miners? I don't want to separate all my payout address.. Thanks

since there isn't any authentication, i don't think so.

You can use the same payout address for all your miners without any issue though. In this pool's case, it typically works out better this way anyway.
gsrcrxsi

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:13:55 PM

Well now we are just thread-jacking and getting way off-topic,  but that guys post is validation enough as why not to run CGWatcher. CGWatcher is a piece of shit. I'm no Einstein, but I'm not fucking stupid either. I agree that cutting the balls off by selecting a lower intensity is fucking stupid.  It's also fucking stupid to wring the shit out of your cards until they end up "sick" and "dead",  and to rely on a re-start to straighten everything out until it happens again. Throwing shares away to re-boot because I overheated my cards or constantly running at a sub-par speed are not my ideas of a stable and optimized system.  All but one of my single-core 7950s are set to I-19 and average ~630 kh/s each,  and throttle back and forth between ~620 and ~640. I have one set to I-18 so I can periodically use my monitor while mining without locking up the rig. That one throttles between ~600 and 620 Khs.  Temps almost never go above 74 degrees and fan speeds almost never go above 3400 rpm on any of my cards. Most of the time they run lower in terms of temp and fan speed. I could squeeze a liiiiittle more hash out of them if I wanted periodic lock-ups,  but what's the point since I stopped having sick/dead cards (your temps are too high,  you are killing your fans/cards) or hard locks (indicates gpu engine and/or mem clocks and/or T.C. settings are too high),  once I tuned my config.  Why do I need CGWatcher again?  Why do I need a program that would consistently NOT work properly and consistently NOT activate CGMiner if I decided to reboot or the power went out? A simple BIOS setting and a cgminer batch file in the start-up menu addresses those conditions.  And forget about setting CGWatcher up for quota work across multiple pools,  those settings were good for what,  one go-around, iirc. It didn't take me too long to figure out that CGWatcher was basically an all-around pain-in-the-ass,  barely-serviceable band-aid for a poorly tuned config file. CGMiner gives you all of the tools that you need to maximize your hash rate as well as to avoid sick/dead cards/hard locks at the same time. It took me a little longer to figure out which version of CGMiner has a dead-balls accurate quota function,  but yeah,  it does that too.

Personally I'd rather keep my 7950 making 690KH/s and have cgwatcger restart or reboot 1-2 times a day than take the hit of running it significantly slower but more "stable" as to not need cgwatcher.

I don't see how you think CGwatcher is such a pain to work with. I found it incredibly easy to use and configure.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:40:00 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:25:12 PM by Catswold

This thread just gets more entertaining every day.   I'm about to run out of popcorn.

There's more melodrama than a cheap matinee B-movie.

Funny thing, regardless of all the hysteria, I have more bitcoin today than I did yesterday and all I had to do is keep my computers running and connected . . . something I've been doing for a long, long time . . . for nothing.

Y'all just continue to run about, screaming, whining, complaining, threatening, accusing . . . and "just generally carrying on cranky.*"  It's a lot more entertaining than a soap opera.

*Commander Susan Ivonova, Babylon 5
Quenouille79

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

This thread just gets more entertaining every day.   I'm about to run out of popcorn.

Funny thing, regardless of all the hysteria, I have more bitcoin today than I did yesterday and all I had to do is keep my computers running and connected . . . something I've been doing for a long, long time . . . for nothing.

Y'all just continue to run about, screaming, whining, complaining, threatening, accusing . . . and "just generally making cranky.*"  It's a lot more entertaining than a soap opera.

*Commander Susan Ivonovich, Babylon 5

hey man, i'm going to grocery now, I'll get you more popcorn. do you need anything else?

meuhrik

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:23:00 PM

The automatic selection of nearest server does not seem to be 100% optimal. I live 10 KM from Amsterdam, bit still the miner seems to point to Ireland.

Pinging middlecoin.com [54.194.173.83] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 54.194.173.83: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=56
Reply from 54.194.173.83: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=56

Pinging amsterdam.middlecoin.com [37.58.69.218] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 37.58.69.218: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=54
Reply from 37.58.69.218: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=54

Does anyone know how the server is chosen? I get only the Ireland and Amsterdam server when I query middlecoin.com for DNS records.

jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:29:23 PM

The automatic selection of nearest server does not seem to be 100% optimal. I live 10 KM from Amsterdam, bit still the miner seems to point to Ireland.

Pinging middlecoin.com [54.194.173.83] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 54.194.173.83: bytes=32 time=26ms TTL=56
Reply from 54.194.173.83: bytes=32 time=31ms TTL=56

Pinging amsterdam.middlecoin.com [37.58.69.218] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 37.58.69.218: bytes=32 time=10ms TTL=54
Reply from 37.58.69.218: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=54

Does anyone know how the server is chosen? I get only the Ireland and Amsterdam server when I query middlecoin.com for DNS records.

Per the site.. bolded for emphasis:

middlecoin.com will point you to the closest server to you, but it's not always perfect. If you want to connect to a specific server or set backup pools, here is a list of the servers:

uswest.middlecoin.com (Oregon)
useast.middlecoin.com (N. Virginia)
eu.middlecoin.com (Ireland)
amsterdam.middlecoin.com
asia.middlecoin.com (Singapore)

If you're closer to Amsterdam and your pings are better there, then use amsterdam.middlecoin.com:3333 as your primary pool.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:05:36 PM

This thread just gets more entertaining every day.   I'm about to run out of popcorn.

Y'all just continue to run about, screaming, whining, complaining, threatening, accusing . . . and "just generally carrying on cranky.*"  It's a lot more entertaining than a soap opera.

MrBobC

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:20:11 PM

If you're getting high rejects, just set a fixed server that works well for you. I use US East and I'm at 99.4% accepted atm.

@Prima Primat, what are your expiry/scan-time/queue settings?
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:33:25 PM

this is my favorite thread to read at work makes the day go by faster

eMiz0r

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:45:40 PM

Teh fuck... 15 GH/s? Has it ever been so "low" in the past weeks?
Pages: « 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 [456] 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: