Bitcoin Forum
October 21, 2017, 03:52:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 865023 times)
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 904

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:47:06 AM

Hear Ye The Words Of The Prophet

On "Baby Jet" I was thinking more along the lines of...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:28:41 AM

So what's the plan here?
After having slept over it, my ideas are not more clear than they were before.

We should softly bring HF to bankruptcy, and use the know how/in hand ASIC for ourselves instead of gifting it in exchange with a new production line.

Josh, why are you doing this after supporting HF so far? (i don't expect a sincere answer, but i'm still curious)
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qfuZQt5NLSv7k3c3

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Easy2Mine

Activity: 658

SmartBillions

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:48:10 AM

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

I don't know what they smoke at HashLast, but it aint something good.
They like to fuck their customers and each others.
Some customers still haven't receive their gear.
I have receive a BJ that is a bit mentally retarded same as HashLast_Tubal_Dick_Liaison

perezoso

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

It doesn't take anymore time to learn anything at 6 or 18 or 45. There are definitely stages of development or sensitive periods for specific aspects for all humans from birth through to 24 years of age and probably beyond. In terms of child protection there are laws in place for that I am not debating that I am debating the fact that a 12 or 13 year old knows right from wrong and can learn to handle a lot different things including money. I think this "kid" is now in 1st year college so we are not talking about a snot nosed kid of 11 or 12 are we? We are talking about an adult who could die for their country. Again my concern is he really being ethical?

No, MacDonald is not being very ethical, but what I'm saying is that I don't hold it against him to any great degree because, while there are exceptions, I don't believe that people are generally capable of sophisticated ethical thinking until probably their mid to late 20s.  

My cracks about his age, though, were honestly more directed at the self-described "adults" of the bitcoin mining industry, Hashfast, who apparently blew through $15 million or more without being able to service even their early orders and who have unleashed that juvenile idiot HasfFart_CL on these boards (among other things).

The fact that these "adults" ass is being bailed out by a teenager under these circumstances should cause Edward, Simon, and pals eternal shame.  

I'm no lawyer, but I don't understand why there isn't a potentially good case for an injunction here.

And MacDonald can get his production line, I don't begrudge him that in principle, it just shouldn't come at the expense of early customers who, to the day, remain without equipment.  Personally, especially those of us with the "Miner Protection Program".
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:32:17 PM

The problem is that HF is a black box to their customers.

If they were open and honest, and they said that they were looking for money to build our boards, i'm quite sure that they would have found it in no time.

Instead they choose to screw and fight their customers, and to privilege private deals with MacDonald... That is gonna be the one that will earn on our shoulders.

300 boards/day * 3$k/board = $1m per day, in case someone didn't do the maths.

Useless to say that i would rather spend in boards rather than in lawyers.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #z59GfOHqxzQZMUDS

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 01:46:46 PM

300 boards/day * 3$k/board = $1m per day, in case someone didn't do the maths.

Useless to say that i would rather spend in boards rather than in lawyers.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #z59GfOHqxzQZMUDS

We don't know what their overhead/margin is.  At $4/GH for an incomplete solution, it's certainly not the best deal out there.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:08:11 PM

Even if it was one third of that, 300k$/day, it is the best deal out there for Garret.

Free money for him, HF customers get screwed another time.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #IY5N3TOKe886MgGm

jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:13:02 PM

I am sorry to sound selfish... but I hope they stay in business somehow, so I can get my refund eventually.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:18:29 PM

Even if it was one third of that, 300k$/day, it is the best deal out there for Garret.

Free money for him, HF customers get screwed another time.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #IY5N3TOKe886MgGm

Uhh, no.   First, he would have to actually sell 300 units a day, every day.  Then there's the initial overhead of starting up the production line to recover.  That's not going to happen over night.  Garrett is likely taking on a lot of risk on this venture, and with risk comes reward.  You're essentially saying that every company that builds a product is getting "free money".
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 02:33:30 PM

Ok, let me rephrase with some numbers in it.

Garret pays $1m for 1 month of production, 300 boards/day. After that, he gives the production line to HF.
That's 10k boards. He is able to sell them at half the price of BitMain hardware, that's currently 2 BTC/board.
IN: $1m, free ASIC, free IP
OUT: 20k BTC in one month.

Does that sounds unrealistic to you? Fine, let's try with another example.

Garret pays $5m for 15 days of production (IMPOSSIBLY BAD NUMBERS), 300 boards/day. After that, he gives the production line to HF.
That's 5k boards. He is able to sell them at half the price of BitMain hardware, that's currently 2 BTC/board.
IN: $5m, free ASIC, free IP
OUT: 10k BTC in 15 days.

And you still ROI'd.

So now tell me, how is it possible that he gets to invest and make free money, while i have to spend on lawyers to force them to get what i was promised?
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #hJ6rWn2KGr5o32XR

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:17:06 PM

Ok, let me rephrase with some numbers in it.

Garret pays $1m for 1 month of production, 300 boards/day. After that, he gives the production line to HF.
That's 10k boards. He is able to sell them at half the price of BitMain hardware, that's currently 2 BTC/board.
IN: $1m, free ASIC, free IP
OUT: 20k BTC in one month.

Does that sounds unrealistic to you? Fine, let's try with another example.

Garret pays $5m for 15 days of production (IMPOSSIBLY BAD NUMBERS), 300 boards/day. After that, he gives the production line to HF.
That's 5k boards. He is able to sell them at half the price of BitMain hardware, that's currently 2 BTC/board.
IN: $5m, free ASIC, free IP
OUT: 10k BTC in 15 days.

And you still ROI'd.

Cognitive will not be getting any "free IP".  IP rights will most likely be retained by HF.  In fact, I'd guess that HF is just licensing the board design and selling chips to Cognitive.

So Cognitive has the overhead of:  PCB licensing; PCB manufacturing; Component sourcing and Purchasing; Assembly line tooling and production costs; and a whole host of other overhead costs.

I don't know what realistic costs are for each of those and I don't think throwing numbers at the wall to see what sticks is a very intelligent approach to the situation.  Further, using your current numbers Cognitive will only be getting a discount of ~14% over just purchasing BTC with their $5MM so it's not like they're making out like bandits.  

So now tell me, how is it possible that he gets to invest and make free money, while i have to spend on lawyers to force them to get what i was promised?

Well, call HF and tell them you have millions of dollars to spend on making their hardware. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to strike a deal with you.  Well, maybe not you, but you get my point.

What's more likely is that HF has "assured" Garrett x, y, and z.  We all know how apt HF is to "assure" things to people when asked, and how likely they are to follow through on their assurements/promises.  Maybe Garrett's unknowningly getting screwed hard here.  Maybe those licensing costs and chips sales from HF to Cognitive are going to give HF enough capital to start shipping out miners again.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 994

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:27:51 PM

You guys do realize that "Garrett MacDonald" is Garr on these forums, right?  The guy who scammed tons of people out of money, lied about his shill bidding of auctions, etc...  
Wait isn't this the same GARR that has to sell 10 cointerras or so because he cannot get them running properly?    How is it possible that someone that cannot network and supply power to 10 Cointerras is able to set up production of 400 boards a day?    Does this even seem credible?

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:28:30 PM

Give me a phone number that works, or an email they reply to, and i will be happy to propose it to them. Same deal as of garret, nothing more, nothing else.

The deal is that garret will build the boards for himself, and after that (maybe it's written in the contract covered by that nda), HF will get the production line for free.

So pardon me, but i really don't see how HF could screw Garret.

By making him build a production line for nothing by withholding the chips from him, maybe? "hey, now that you built the production line and you miss the chips, what?"
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #pOwn182MWr8OyPPp

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:30:48 PM

You guys do realize that "Garrett MacDonald" is Garr on these forums, right?  The guy who scammed tons of people out of money, lied about his shill bidding of auctions, etc...  
Wait isn't this the same GARR that has to sell 10 cointerras or so because he cannot get them running properly?    How is it possible that someone that cannot network and supply power to 10 Cointerras is able to set up production of 400 boards a day?    Does this even seem credible?

Yes, it is.  Talk is cheap.  I'm sure that going from plugging in and configuring Cointerra units to managing a large-scale electronics assembly line is going to pose no great challenge [/s].   Though, stranger things have happened.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:33:26 PM

So pardon me, but i really don't see how HF could screw Garret.

By making him build a production line for nothing by withholding the chips from him, maybe? "hey, now that you built the production line and you miss the chips, what?"
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #pOwn182MWr8OyPPp
Well they managed to screw a whole bunch of people who simply made a purchase and were expecting a miner, did they not?  Well now they've got this young man tied up into setting up a whole production line for them, what could possibly go wrong?

There will be massive startup costs here.  If HF dicks around or bails on Garrett he's going to be out bigtime.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 994

★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

Wait isn't this the same GARR that has to sell 10 cointerras or so because he cannot get them running properly?    How is it possible that someone that cannot network and supply power to 10 Cointerras is able to set up production of 400 boards a day?    Does this even seem credible?
Yes, it is.  Talk is cheap.  I'm sure that going from plugging in and configuring Cointerra units to managing a large-scale electronics assembly line is going to pose no great challenge [/s].   Though, stranger things have happened.
I cannot find the string, but I believe he was only able to get TWO running and then could not get the rest going?    Perhaps dorm rooms at his college do not provide 20kw of service?
Or maybe those power bar companies should be sued for false advertising because you cannot really put 6 plugs into them and have all the Cointerras magically start up.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:53:53 PM

I'm reading Garret posts, and he doesn't seem like a fool "that maxes out the power plugs in his dormitory" or that sells it's CT hardware because it doesn't work...
I can't find references for any of them actually... I will keep reading...
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #svuPT3qL10S6lAW5

Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 904

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:16:35 PM

Maybe those licensing costs and chips sales from HF to Cognitive are going to give HF enough capital to start shipping out miners again.

why should they? They are already on the way to bankruptcy and the Cognitive deal is just the sale of the silver tableware.
To get some cash for closure expenses i.e. "press the last blood out of this baby".
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:25:19 PM

Well sure, if you give away 10k ASIC for "free"...
Yes, i guess that there is not a lot left after that and that you can close shop.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #EpeEvPZl98452aZy

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:40:36 PM

Maybe those licensing costs and chips sales from HF to Cognitive are going to give HF enough capital to start shipping out miners again.

why should they? They are already on the way to bankruptcy and the Cognitive deal is just the sale of the silver tableware.
To get some cash for closure expenses i.e. "press the last blood out of this baby".

If that's the case, I'd like to know when they'll be auctioning off the GN IP.
Pages: « 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 [426] 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.