Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:19:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273568 times)
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:48:13 AM

Ha! mixed chip rigs, now that'd be interesting. Franken-miner!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:51:39 AM

Ha! mixed chip rigs, now that'd be interesting. Franken-miner!

Hehe.

Yeah we'll see. May not be possible. All depends on the design of the chips. Regardless, the general design and functionality will be the same.  Grin
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:01:29 AM

Well if you are considering other supplier's chips, the I think your options are hashfast and cointerra.

I don't think we want to go with Avalon or BFL.  I don't believe KnC have announced chip sales.

Cointerra via email are already shipping sample chips and will be selling in batches of 10TH @ 5.99/GH, 50TH @ 5.49/GH, and 100TH @ 4.99/GH.
They also are aiming for mid December shipping of chips.

Both of the above would not lend themselves to mini plane rigs, as HF needs liquid cooling and cointerra will be 500GH/chip.
Foofighter

Activity: 882
Merit: 547

BTC Mining Hardware, Trading and more

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:31:46 AM

Thanks guys for your kind words. It has been a mega effort getting everything together, and it is exciting seeing it coming to fruition. We are at the stage now where this will definitely go ahead. That is exciting. As we're all aware, the biggest possible stumbling block here is when we get the chips, so basically we just all need to send out positive vibes to the bitcoin mining gods that Bitfury does actually deliver when promised. At this stage, there are no further updates on that front. We are quoted for early to mid October so lets just hope that really happens.

It is indeed a shame that we may only get so far as the one batch. It has been a lot of work to get it this far, and now because of the exceptionally rogue pricing rise, its seeming like this is as far as it will go with Bitfury, unless of course they change their mind, or people are willing to pay around double for the rigs we are building. I'd be interested to know if anyone out there would be potentially up for paying $700 ish for an 8 chip Drillbit board? Not sure that i would, but hey maybe.

As for the motives behind the price rise, i don't really know what its alkl about, but i think its to do with trying to sell giant amounts to single buyers or companies rather than smaller bunches to groups of enthusiasts like us. Whether that will work however is yet to be seen. See how we go. I'm hoping that they will see the error of their ways and bring the prices back to something reasonable. If that happens, we will open up batch 2 for sure.

But regarding the time and effort put into making this tech, its not all a waste.  Smiley Once this project is done, we will be moving onto a new board for a new chip. Not sure what yet, but part of the design idea for the Drillbit System is that it will be upgradeable as next gen chips become available, so new Drillbit Gen 2 boards will be able to fit into your existing system. It may not be possible to mix and match old and new boards depending on the nature of whatever the new chips might be, but if it is, we will buildit that way, and if not, the new boards will at least work with the existing miniplanes. So not all is lost. Definitely stay tuned for future projects once all thuis Bitfury businessd is said and done.

Cheers.

Barntech

Have you talked about batch pricing with dave or are you just refering to the price for the available sample chips?

BR

ex official Canaan Distributor (Cryptouniverse)
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:44:59 AM

Well if you are considering other supplier's chips, the I think your options are hashfast and cointerra.

I don't think we want to go with Avalon or BFL.  I don't believe KnC have announced chip sales.

Cointerra via email are already shipping sample chips and will be selling in batches of 10TH @ 5.99/GH, 50TH @ 5.49/GH, and 100TH @ 4.99/GH.
They also are aiming for mid December shipping of chips.

Both of the above would not lend themselves to mini plane rigs, as HF needs liquid cooling and cointerra will be 500GH/chip.

I have made contact with Cointerra, Hashfast and AMC. We'll see what comes back. Interesting to hear your info from Cointerra. Maybe they could be a goer. If you don't mind, could you possibly send me whatever info you have from them via PM?

Cheers
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:48:57 AM

Thanks guys for your kind words. It has been a mega effort getting everything together, and it is exciting seeing it coming to fruition. We are at the stage now where this will definitely go ahead. That is exciting. As we're all aware, the biggest possible stumbling block here is when we get the chips, so basically we just all need to send out positive vibes to the bitcoin mining gods that Bitfury does actually deliver when promised. At this stage, there are no further updates on that front. We are quoted for early to mid October so lets just hope that really happens.

It is indeed a shame that we may only get so far as the one batch. It has been a lot of work to get it this far, and now because of the exceptionally rogue pricing rise, its seeming like this is as far as it will go with Bitfury, unless of course they change their mind, or people are willing to pay around double for the rigs we are building. I'd be interested to know if anyone out there would be potentially up for paying $700 ish for an 8 chip Drillbit board? Not sure that i would, but hey maybe.

As for the motives behind the price rise, i don't really know what its alkl about, but i think its to do with trying to sell giant amounts to single buyers or companies rather than smaller bunches to groups of enthusiasts like us. Whether that will work however is yet to be seen. See how we go. I'm hoping that they will see the error of their ways and bring the prices back to something reasonable. If that happens, we will open up batch 2 for sure.

But regarding the time and effort put into making this tech, its not all a waste.  Smiley Once this project is done, we will be moving onto a new board for a new chip. Not sure what yet, but part of the design idea for the Drillbit System is that it will be upgradeable as next gen chips become available, so new Drillbit Gen 2 boards will be able to fit into your existing system. It may not be possible to mix and match old and new boards depending on the nature of whatever the new chips might be, but if it is, we will buildit that way, and if not, the new boards will at least work with the existing miniplanes. So not all is lost. Definitely stay tuned for future projects once all thuis Bitfury businessd is said and done.

Cheers.

Barntech

Have you talked about batch pricing with dave or are you just refering to the price for the available sample chips?

BR

I am referring to the new batch pricing. I'm not sure that its appropriate for me to be disclosing it publicly for now, but i can tell it is a lot higher. Things may be changing on their end. Not sure. Will definitely keep you posted.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:58:40 AM

done, FYEO
daemondazz

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:21:42 PM

So your auction is for completed boards, do you have any bare chips left, or are all the chips going into those boards you're auctioning?

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:07:51 PM

Hello Barntech,

Is there any way to find out where we are in the assembly queue (e.g. # 21 of 100) or the like?
We can't tell from the thread as not all orders are listed here.

Thanks again for your hard work and all,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 04:48:49 PM

Ah, going the auction route for the 8 chip boards.  I was looking to get a couple of the 2GH USB sticks (I was going to give them to friends to get them into Bitcoin mining, but with a more sensible hashrate than the AM sticks).

Are the USB Drillbits no longer available?
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:02:00 PM

People are already bidding $410 for one board with more than 24 hours left on your auction...

this is one open source developer that has been annihilated by greed... again.

guyver

Activity: 216

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:09:40 PM

People are already bidding $410 for one board with more than 24 hours left on your auction...

That's cos it's for the last 16 boards
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:13:01 PM

exactly, why complain about this? It's more than fair that he gets a share. Small enough it is.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:14:32 PM

exactly, why complain about this? It's more than fair that he gets a share. Small enough it is.

Likely because he waited until the last minute and didn't get in on time. 

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:17:33 PM

Who is greedy, a guy (with a small team) who sold roughly 92% of the assembled boards (chips) for $310 for 21Gh or:

- A company charging $950 for 25 GH (which is really what the market will bear, no problem there. (No offense Bitfury)))
- Avalon for selling to the highest bidder and then delivering later?
- People for reselling their gambles in early unknown GB ventures?
- etc. (Many examples here)

You have a lot of nerve to attack a man who said, from the start, that he is not making much, if anything on this. That he was trying to gain trust in this community. He did all that was required and more.
16 boards left (16 X 8 chips per board = 126 chips, out of 1600 Chips (92%) or so) and you come here accusing?

BTW - I have no affiliation outside of being a purchaser. Zero.

Its about sharing (you should remember that)... Angry

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
voxelot

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:19:43 PM

I have seen this post from the beginning... I am a broke open source developer fresh out of Computer Science BS.  So why not keep your last 16 boards if you are going to let the price skyrocket on them.  Over $400 is not a good price for 22GHash board that may be delivered in late October facing difficulty over 75mil.

I try my best to keep the greed out of this community.  Enjoy and lets hope bitfurry calms their greed on their chip prices and stops forcing developers like barntech to watch capitalism at its finest.

And relax.. i never said barntech was greedy.. i know he does a lot for you guys.. i am a developer too and said i got annihilated by greed.. whoa..
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:24:21 PM

I have seen this post from the beginning... I am a broke open source developer fresh out of Computer Science BS.  So why not keep your last 16 boards if you are going to let the price skyrocket on them.  Over $400 is not a good price for 22GHash board that may be delivered in late October facing difficulty over 75mil.

I try my best to keep the greed out of this community.  Enjoy and lets hope bitfurry calms their greed on their chip prices and stops forcing developers like barntech to watch capitalism at its finest.

Can you read the Bitfurystrikes back site? http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/shop/
$950 for a 25Gh unit. (October delivery)
Barntech was selling 21GH (or there abouts) for $310. (October to early November delivery)

92% of his stock at that price? (Or there abouts)

And, you are complaining?  Roll Eyes

Your not doing a good job with your greed.

BTC = Black Swan.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:29:37 PM

Likely because he waited until the last minute and didn't get in on time. 

Ok, there are guys who heard to late about this and are angry. Early 2011 miners come to mind..

If barntech gets $620 for the auction boards, thats a whooping premium of $4.960 in whole. Somebody knows how much millions Avalon made? And in contrast to them, here is real work involved.
voxelot

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:40:30 PM

I would never attack a developer like barntech who only helps you guys make coin. Pay attention before you accuse people.  

And I really hope you guys don't get treated by bitfury like the other ASIC devs.. who are the true greed source here.  Here's to crossing my fingeres for all of you =D
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:49:41 PM

I would never attack a developer like barntech who only helps you guys make coin. Pay attention before you accuse people.  

And I really hope you guys don't get treated by bitfury like the other ASIC devs.. who are the true greed source here.  Here's to crossing my fingeres for all of you =D

If my statements were out of line, then I take them back, no bad intention.
But perhaps, you should word your statements more carefully.
You left things quite open and when accusing, you should be quite specific.

ISD

BTC = Black Swan.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: