Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013  (Read 195266 times)
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:54:17 AM

Quark benefits extremely outweighs SecureCoin at this point.

Any chance that you can go over some of these benefits?  My knowledge about SRC and QRK is limited, but I see one side saying that SRC is just a clone of QRK, and the other saying that QRK was heavily pre-mined.  For me, the pre-mine is a reason to avoid QRK if they're both so similar.

bump...

Actually, Quark is a clone of SifCoin, which was the one to originally use multiple hashing algo's. Securecoin is a reboot of Quark, but with a rational economy that mimics BTC. 98% of Quark's 250million total supply of coins has already been mined. That means miners are going to receive pittances for their hashpower; the chain is pretty much doomed because nobody will support it for rewards that are worth nothing in comparison to what's already in circulation.

QRK is a poisonous asset, SRC is an attempt to solve that and keep market interest around for multi-algo coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:39:49 PM

Quark benefits extremely outweighs SecureCoin at this point.

Any chance that you can go over some of these benefits?  My knowledge about SRC and QRK is limited, but I see one side saying that SRC is just a clone of QRK, and the other saying that QRK was heavily pre-mined.  For me, the pre-mine is a reason to avoid QRK if they're both so similar.

bump...

Actually, Quark is a clone of SifCoin, which was the one to originally use multiple hashing algo's. Securecoin is a reboot of Quark, but with a rational economy that mimics BTC. 98% of Quark's 250million total supply of coins has already been mined. That means miners are going to receive pittances for their hashpower; the chain is pretty much doomed because nobody will support it for rewards that are worth nothing in comparison to what's already in circulation.

QRK is a poisonous asset, SRC is an attempt to solve that and keep market interest around for multi-algo coins.

Exactly.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:21:30 PM

It's fun to go back and read the first few pages of this post.  Grin
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:52:52 PM

It's fun to go back and read the first few pages of this post.  Grin

I agree...its funny to see what a disappointment it was after all the claims that it was new and exciting...just a copy of Quark/Sif with any credit to their code removed to make it look like the Dev actually did any actual Development. 

SRC/DGC are the new UNOCS with CryptoAve having a never ending just around the corner release date.  Smart move not to have a countdown clock so this can go on forever. 

TheBeardedMann

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 12:10:47 AM

SRC/DGC are the new UNOCS with CryptoAve having a never ending just around the corner release date.  Smart move not to have a countdown clock so this can go on forever. 

I guess we'll have to see if Feb. 10th is really the day.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:01:48 AM

It's fun to go back and read the first few pages of this post.  Grin

I agree...its funny to see what a disappointment it was after all the claims that it was new and exciting...just a copy of Quark/Sif with any credit to their code removed to make it look like the Dev actually did any actual Development.  

SRC/DGC are the new UNOCS with CryptoAve having a never ending just around the corner release date.  Smart move not to have a countdown clock so this can go on forever.  

Quoted for posterity, we'll see in just a few days time.

Edit : QRK is a great idea but the economic model is complete horseshit so someone fixed it = SRC.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:02:21 AM

I guess we'll have to see if Feb. 10th is really the day.

Indeed we will.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:06:35 AM

SRC/DGC are the new UNOCS with CryptoAve having a never ending just around the corner release date.  Smart move not to have a countdown clock so this can go on forever.  

Thats a pretty ignorant reponse, but what more would you expect from an apparently one eyed Quark supporter. Heres a tip, go do some actual research before making such silly statements.

CryptoAve is real unlike that sham of a Unocs website. Its has been beta tested for the last month or so by many people which can be verified on DGC Irc or here in the DGC forum -> http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/board,7.0.html

Roll on Feb 10

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
TheBeardedMann

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:28:39 PM

This wasn't pro or con against SecureCoin, just a flat, general, fun to see comments like below.
Things never go as planned, good and bad.
Disclaimer: I have a whopping 40 SecureCoins (still in the pool swimming, haven't taken the kids home yet).  But will gladly accept more! SRC: sSwRHZX4yC9awZVYQmWayCGcxAFaAFziaY

prediction: dead within a week.
so with all the work to do for dgc you start a new coin,, ? enough time,, ?
disapointed
I'll wager 930 PHS that it won't be dead within a week...   Grin
-tb-
He obviously doesn't believe in his other coins if they are not secure enough....
@baritus
I 100% gurantee you someone will hit this with a large herd and drive the diff way up and drop it.
The chain will be left crawling for weeks limping toward the next 1000 block diff adjust.
~BCX~
Coin number........3. How about the bank??
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:50:56 PM

Many users pool mine with graphic cars or something else, it is not possible to have 350MHs just with CPU power.
How is this done?

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Grasberg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 08:54:00 PM

Those people with the giant hash rates are probably running a botnet, or are 'borrowing' resources from their work network.
TheBeardedMann

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

Those people with the giant hash rates are probably running a botnet, or are 'borrowing' resources from their work network.

Use Windows Azure to mine for a week or so.  You can get nearly 50 coins for "free."  Google Windows Azure Quark Mining, but just direct it to your favorite SecureCoin pool instead.
Grasberg

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:29:35 AM

Using a free trial of cloud services might get you 10+MH/s, and is a nice way to get a boost, but he was asking about the people with hundreds of MH/s sustained.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:41:28 AM

Using a free trial of cloud services might get you 10+MH/s, and is a nice way to get a boost, but he was asking about the people with hundreds of MH/s sustained.
Could you tell more trial cloud services, except winazzure, with windows dropplets ?
olu

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:55:28 AM

Could you tell more trial cloud services, except winazzure, with windows dropplets ?

Bump.

Also, I'm a junior dev promoting a currency launching soon.  o.m.agunloye@gmail.com to learn more about why this coin necessitates we converse via email.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:58:49 PM

Thats a pretty ignorant reponse, but what more would you expect from an apparently one eyed Quark supporter. Heres a tip, go do some actual research before making such silly statements.

CryptoAve is real unlike that sham of a Unocs website. Its has been beta tested for the last month or so by many people which can be verified on DGC Irc or here in the DGC forum -> http://digitalcoin.co/forums/index.php/board,7.0.html

Roll on Feb 10

Pretty sure it is Feb 10 today...now where oh where is CryptoAve?  Not even any announcements from Baritus and crew about it...just silence.  Has there been an unfortunate delay?   Roll Eyes
TheBeardedMann

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:22:31 PM

Roll on Feb 10

Pretty sure it is Feb 10 today...now where oh where is CryptoAve?  Not even any announcements from Baritus and crew about it...just silence.  Has there been an unfortunate delay?   Roll Eyes

Nope, February 14th...Happy Valentine's Day!
crypto777

Activity: 221

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

SECURECOIN - ON POSITION 62 - TRADING ACTIVITY ON CRYPTSY.COM

Here Cryptsy Live Statistics - http://live.myip.ms

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Quarkcoin... 200+ cryptocurrencies LIVE Analytics @ http://altcoins.wiki

Cryptocurrency Payment API - https://gourl.io

BTC5OOO

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:20:16 AM

/\SRC looking good here for a bounce...i'm just sayin' >>> https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/88

:-)

easyyy+++
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 03:51:16 PM

Roll on Feb 10

Hello,

I've completed a fix for BTC processing and we're back on track. I'm now applying that fix across all currencies and testing the processing before launch.

Official Launch Date: February 21

This is a confirmed date. Launch will be on this date regardless of any developments.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: