Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SRC] Securecoin | A Fast and Secure Version of Bitcoin | 2013  (Read 195266 times)
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:21:28 AM

Value really plummeted over the last week Sad

I guess people are choosing quark over this or simply don't know about it as it isn't on coinmarketcap.com

This price fluctuation has happened before.   It will go back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:12:03 AM

I guess people are choosing quark over this or simply don't know about it as it isn't on coinmarketcap.com

I'm a Quark holder and a very reasonable one.
I can tell you honestly I don't see any benefits SecureCoin has over Quark and I'm here to see what people can supply to show a convincing argument.
I looked on the forum and the rebuttal against Quark were just extremely biased without proof. So lets have a friendly discussion and see what exactly SecureCoin can bring that is better than Quark.

cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:56:39 PM

I can tell you honestly I don't see any benefits SecureCoin has over Quark and I'm here to see what people can supply to show a convincing argument.
I looked on the forum and the rebuttal against Quark were just extremely biased without proof. So lets have a friendly discussion and see what exactly SecureCoin can bring that is better than Quark.

baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 02:14:57 PM

Go compare the network hash rates of SRC and QRK. There's your answer. SRC, the younger one, is much more secure. The reason is: QRK's economy which halves very quickly to profit devs/early holders even more. Network security is the price for their pump.

Proof and more: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=401509.0

SRC is just getting started. Money supply is still growing and services are still being developed. SRC is not meant as a pyramid scheme, halving the profit way too quickly to get everyone at the top rich(like QRK did) and not caring what effect it would have on security. It is focused on the longterm instead of short term pumping and hoarding.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
GreenWins

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:48:34 PM

Go compare the network hash rates of SRC and QRK. There's your answer. SRC, the younger one, is much more secure. The reason is: QRK's economy which halves very quickly to profit devs/early holders even more. Network security is the price for their pump.

SRC is just getting started. Money supply is still growing and services are still being developed. SRC is not meant as a pyramid scheme, halving the profit way too quickly to get everyone at the top rich(like QRK did) and not caring what effect it would have on security. It is focused on the longterm instead of short term pumping and hoarding.

This isn't a real argument about SRC being better. QRK will obviously have a lower hash rate because of their economic model. This model ultimately will help create a wider distribution. This would just be an opinion of which model is better. So Quark is ultimately more focused on long term than Securecoin. So lets keep this going and see what else SecureCoin has to offer.

baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:25:16 PM

This isn't a real argument about SRC being better. QRK will obviously have a lower hash rate because of their economic model. This model ultimately will help create a wider distribution. This would just be an opinion of which model is better. So Quark is ultimately more focused on long term than Securecoin. So lets keep this going and see what else SecureCoin has to offer.

Exactly, that's your opinion, and everyone has one.

QRK has nothing to offer over SRC except a less secure network by your own argument. So let's keep it going for what reason?

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
GreenWins

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:57:09 PM

Exactly, that's your opinion, and everyone has one.

QRK has nothing to offer over SRC except a less secure network by your own argument. So let's keep it going for what reason?

I did not realize that I was talking to a SecureCoin developer, no wonder you're so single minded. Quark has overall a bigger community backing than SecureCoin. The network security issue is protected by checkpoints to reduce the chance of a 51% attack. Quark benefits extremely outweighs SecureCoin at this point. Even you as a developer isn't mainly just focused on SecureCoin. You went to another coin DigitalCoin. This will speaks about your confidence in your SecureCoin. I'm here to discuss about the real benefits, but you have shown me that you really do not have any main points.

sid280

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:04:07 AM

I did not realize that I was talking to a SecureCoin developer, no wonder you're so single minded. Quark has overall a bigger community backing than SecureCoin. The network security issue is protected by checkpoints to reduce the chance of a 51% attack. Quark benefits extremely outweighs SecureCoin at this point. Even you as a developer isn't mainly just focused on SecureCoin. You went to another coin DigitalCoin. This will speaks about your confidence in your SecureCoin. I'm here to discuss about the real benefits, but you have shown me that you really do not have any main points.

You seem to be more interested in investment, as opposed to mining.

You went to another coin DigitalCoin.

Looking at the launch dates, DigitalCoin (GPU) was May 2013, and SecureCoin (CPU) was August 2013.....

Maybe Quark suits you because you're happy to just sit on a currency - whereas other people want to obtain currency themselves. When you look at the figures and the charts, SecureCoin is a much better coin to mine and own. Quark have now reached the 247m cap and is 40% into the 1m per year (in what, 1 month?)... for me, someone who likes to mine my currency, Quark is one of the *worst* options... SecureCoin has been a slow but steady earner for me, and apart from the latest market drop it's been quite consistently priced and available to buy/sell. I also get ~2-3 a day from mining....

I also picked SecureCoin because of the developer community, while it may be quiet on the SRC side of things, at least we get answers from developers and information is available, when you compare it to other CPU coin's, this wins hands down... 

...................................................except for the lack of block explorer... baritus + co, plz fix, thx
Grasberg

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:05:37 AM

Quark benefits extremely outweighs SecureCoin at this point.

Any chance that you can go over some of these benefits?  My knowledge about SRC and QRK is limited, but I see one side saying that SRC is just a clone of QRK, and the other saying that QRK was heavily pre-mined.  For me, the pre-mine is a reason to avoid QRK if they're both so similar.
GreenWins

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:14:03 PM

Any chance that you can go over some of these benefits?  My knowledge about SRC and QRK is limited, but I see one side saying that SRC is just a clone of QRK, and the other saying that QRK was heavily pre-mined.  For me, the pre-mine is a reason to avoid QRK if they're both so similar.

Quark was never pre-mined. It was just fraud that people spread. Quark was just mined very quickly because of it's short mining period. The goal of Quark was to become an currency. Here is the Quark video to give you the basics. http://youtu.be/vb8si58DW9Y

Looking at the launch dates, DigitalCoin (GPU) was May 2013, and SecureCoin (CPU) was August 2013.....

Maybe Quark suits you because you're happy to just sit on a currency - whereas other people want to obtain currency themselves. When you look at the figures and the charts, SecureCoin is a much better coin to mine and own. Quark have now reached the 247m cap and is 40% into the 1m per year (in what, 1 month?)... for me, someone who likes to mine my currency, Quark is one of the *worst* options... SecureCoin has been a slow but steady earner for me, and apart from the latest market drop it's been quite consistently priced and available to buy/sell. I also get ~2-3 a day from mining....

I also picked SecureCoin because of the developer community, while it may be quiet on the SRC side of things, at least we get answers from developers and information is available, when you compare it to other CPU coin's, this wins hands down...  

...................................................except for the lack of block explorer... baritus + co, plz fix, thx

Yes, but one would wonder why the developers are more focused on DigitalCoin. SecureCoin being a better to mine is a complete opinion, but it's semi true because Quark mining period is almost over. Better to own now that is an opinion too, but in theory Quark is better to own because of the short mining period. This creates stability and a better distribution. If you look at bitinfocharts.com and compare the top 3 crypto family (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Quark) Quark already have a slightly better distribution. You have to bring into the account that Quark is only 6 months old compare to Bitcoin 5 years old, and Litecoin 3 years old and it's already starting to show better distribution. Also Quark cap wasn't 247million. It was just rounded down. Quark will be officially finish mining in about 10 days I think then the 1 million quark per year will come into play. To go back to your mining part. If you really want to mine for profit you should not be doing SecureCoin or Quark.

Here is a picture to show the distribution.

Anyway my post in this thread isn't to advocate for Quark. I'm here to really look at the reason why I should pick SecureCoin and I haven't received a real convincing argument.

baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:01:51 PM

All these currencies are alternatives. If you don't mind a currency that becomes less secure constantly, QRK is perfect for you and SRC offers no advantages for you.

cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:53:50 PM

bump!
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 05:27:22 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 08:19:54 PM by BitcoinFX

Anyway my post in this thread isn't to advocate for Quark. I'm here to really look at the reason why I should pick SecureCoin and I haven't received a real convincing argument.

- Securecoin distribution is much fairer than Quark's over the long-term.

- SRC currently maintains the highest hashrate over most of the other CPU coins in existance - making the network automatically more 'secure'.

- It is part of a 'family' of 3 great coins i.e. Digitalcoin (DGC) , Argentum (ARG) and Securecoin (SRC) which will also feature on the CryptoAve Exchange.

- Securecoin follows a similar economic model to Bitcoin - which to date has proven to be successful.

- baritus is the lead developer. A very active, competent and caring dev. who demonstrates both a good understanding of economic principals in crypto-currency as well as a technical ability and the necessity of fairness.

~ "Those of us who are not totally Quark'ers - mine Securecoin".  Cool

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
BTC5OOO

Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:23:30 PM

- Securecoin distribution is much fairer than Quark's over the long-term.

- SRC currently maintains the highest hashrate over most of the other CPU coins in existance - making the network automatically more 'secure'.

- It is part of a 'family' of 3 great coins i.e. Digitalcoin (DGC) , Argentum (ARG) and Securecoin (SRC) which will also feature on the CryptoAve Exchange.

- Securecoin follows a similar economic model to Bitcoin - which to date has proven to be successful.

- baritus is the lead developer. A very active, competent and caring dev. who demonstrates both a good understanding of economic principals in crypto-currency as well as a technical ability and the necessity of fairness.

~ "Those of use who are not totally Quark'ers - mine Securecoin".  Cool

SRC i've been buying ~ is Crypto Ave alive yet? :-) x--many thanks!
DannyDisco

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:48:46 PM

SRC i've been buying ~ is Crypto Ave alive yet? :-) x--many thanks!

CryptoAve should launch very shortly. If not January 31st, it should be launched in early February.

baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:52:24 PM

Block explorer is available at http://altexplorer.net/chain/SecureCoin

crypt_zombie

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

Great work!

Could you consider updating the pool list in the first post and on the Securecoin website? It seems that src.coinmine.pl has more hash (3Gh/s) than all the other pools combined (barely 750Mh/s). Quickly searching this thread and the web returned the following pools:

P2Pool:
http://src.mine-pool.net/
http://pool.bounceme.net:44397/static/
http://src.forkpool.com:8372/static/
http://p2pool.org:9372/static/

http://mine-pool.net/src
http://src.coinpool.ru/

Already linked from the first post:
http://www.japool.com:17339/static/ (P2Pool)
https://www2.coinmine.pl/src/ (more than 51% of the hashrate)
(the http://coinex.pw/ doesn't seem to be online any more)

The pools should be rearranged so that newcomers don't jump straight on src.coinmine.pl and worsen the situation. It would certainly help if high hashrate miners switched from src.coinmine.pl to a P2Pool node and the smaller miners switched to the non P2Pool pools (a low hashrate can result in many small/dust transactions on P2Pool). It would be ideal if everybody choose the lowest hash pool they can find to maximize decentralisation (or switch to their own P2Pool node).
plasticAiredale

Activity: 207
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:07:03 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 03:29:45 PM by plasticAiredale

Looks good! Is there API access?

Bug Found:
Entering an address in the top search box results in a 502 Bad Gateway.
baritus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:12:38 PM

Great work!

Could you consider updating the pool list in the first post and on the Securecoin website? It seems that src.coinmine.pl has more hash (3Gh/s) than all the other pools combined (barely 750Mh/s). Quickly searching this thread and the web returned the following pools:

P2Pool:
http://src.mine-pool.net/
http://pool.bounceme.net:44397/static/
http://src.forkpool.com:8372/static/
http://p2pool.org:9372/static/

http://mine-pool.net/src
http://src.coinpool.ru/

Already linked from the first post:
http://www.japool.com:17339/static/ (P2Pool)
https://www2.coinmine.pl/src/ (more than 51% of the hashrate)
(the http://coinex.pw/ doesn't seem to be online any more)

The pools should be rearranged so that newcomers don't jump straight on src.coinmine.pl and worsen the situation. It would certainly help if high hashrate miners switched from src.coinmine.pl to a P2Pool node and the smaller miners switched to the non P2Pool pools (a low hashrate can result in many small/dust transactions on P2Pool). It would be ideal if everybody choose the lowest hash pool they can find to maximize decentralisation (or switch to their own P2Pool node).

Updated here and on the site.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:27:30 PM

Any chance that you can go over some of these benefits?  My knowledge about SRC and QRK is limited, but I see one side saying that SRC is just a clone of QRK, and the other saying that QRK was heavily pre-mined.  For me, the pre-mine is a reason to avoid QRK if they're both so similar.

bump...

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: