Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin Buyer/Seller Thread  (Read 226631 times)
peled1986
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:26:01 AM

We are planning to have MasterCoin added to a new Exchange...coming soon.
are you talking about www.crycurex.com?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:18:16 AM

are you talking about www.crycurex.com?

no, it's an existing exchange in Asia that already supports btc,ltc and ppc.

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:20:41 AM

1/17/2013 I have completed raising funds to work full-time on Mastercoin! Please be on the lookout for major announcements soon Smiley

awesome and congrats on this.

utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:29:59 PM

Today, NXT Market Cap passed up MasterCoin.  NXT is officially worth more than Mastercoin.  http://coinmarketcap.com/  Hilarious.  Is there any place I can go to short NXT?  I'd love it if someone was brave enough to contact me and write a put option on NXT?  Anyone?  On the same chart, Dogecoin traded nearly as much volume as bitcoin - and will pass Mastercoin tomorrow.  That's right, joke coin Doge will soon be worth more than Mastercoin.  Altcoin buyers are idiots.  When all these come tumbling down, I hope MSC is on solid footing by then. 

Go to NXT asset exchange in a week, I will sell you NXT options. Short, future, derivatives you name it. I am going to short MasterCoin there as well.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:48:57 PM

Today, NXT Market Cap passed up MasterCoin.  NXT is officially worth more than Mastercoin.  http://coinmarketcap.com/  Hilarious.  Is there any place I can go to short NXT?  I'd love it if someone was brave enough to contact me and write a put option on NXT?  Anyone?  On the same chart, Dogecoin traded nearly as much volume as bitcoin - and will pass Mastercoin tomorrow.  That's right, joke coin Doge will soon be worth more than Mastercoin.  Altcoin buyers are idiots.  When all these come tumbling down, I hope MSC is on solid footing by then.  

Go to NXT asset exchange in a week, I will sell you NXT options. Short, future, derivatives you name it. I am going to short MasterCoin there as well.

Is the Dgex due to be ready next week?
bitthedust

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:56:07 PM

Today, NXT Market Cap passed up MasterCoin.  NXT is officially worth more than Mastercoin.  http://coinmarketcap.com/  Hilarious.  Is there any place I can go to short NXT?  I'd love it if someone was brave enough to contact me and write a put option on NXT?  Anyone?  On the same chart, Dogecoin traded nearly as much volume as bitcoin - and will pass Mastercoin tomorrow.  That's right, joke coin Doge will soon be worth more than Mastercoin.  Altcoin buyers are idiots.  When all these come tumbling down, I hope MSC is on solid footing by then.  

Is the Dgex due to be ready next week?

This NXT discussion on a buyer/seller thread for MSC is sad. If you want to discuss NXT, go to a NXT thread and if there isn't a NXT thread than at least go to the main thread of Master Protocol
peled1986
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:42:38 PM

Please be on the lookout for major announcements soon Smiley
it's an existing exchange in Asia that already supports btc,ltc and ppc.

thank you for the "heads up".
more volume and buy support is great news.
peer2peer360

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:18:18 PM

Market prices are up 50% in three days.  Buying opportunity (at insanely low prices) is now closed.  Back to regular price soon (.25)  After the DEx is proved working, will hit .50 in two weeks. 

Is Terpin preparing a news flurry on this?  Maybe his friend can post a blog for another $18K?

well someone guess right..

MSC in the news again

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2014/01/21/bitcoin-platform/
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

Could I suggest we already start using mMSC? Being worth .15 of a bitcoin is pretty darn much, over $100. A redenomination of Bitcoin is coming pretty soon, why don't we get ahead of the curve by using mMSC already? It will also make it a little psychologically less intimidation to casual investors who feel like buying "1" mastercoin is painfully expensive, yet "1000"mMSC would feel like a deal.

I know it's only psychological, but it helps our cause by making it a little easier for ordinary people to quantify in value while making nothing more difficult for us. It could also increase the value of MSC as .15BTC is freaking expensive to the casual mind, but people might be willing to buy at a higher price if they were buying 'smaller amounts'. As our volume grows that could be really significant.

more or less retired.
marcelus

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:09:19 PM

Could I suggest we already start using mMSC? Being worth .15 of a bitcoin is pretty darn much, over $100. A redenomination of Bitcoin is coming pretty soon, why don't we get ahead of the curve by using mMSC already? It will also make it a little psychologically less intimidation to casual investors who feel like buying "1" mastercoin is painfully expensive, yet "1000"mMSC would feel like a deal.

I know it's only psychological, but it helps our cause by making it a little easier for ordinary people to quantify in value while making nothing more difficult for us. It could also increase the value of MSC as .15BTC is freaking expensive to the casual mind, but people might be willing to buy at a higher price if they were buying 'smaller amounts'. As our volume grows that could be really significant.

Yes I've been thinking about this too. It obviously makes no odds to anyone with their head screwed on but unfortunately to some people it makes a difference. Could be worth doing to attract small time investors. In fact, like Ethereum, it would be worth naming the micro denominations now before it becomes and issue.
peled1986
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

i agree.
i think this is one of the reason Dogecoin is successful.
small time investors can join-in with small risk.
marcelus

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:26:24 PM

i agree.
i think this is one of the reason Dogecoin is successful.
small time investors can join-in with small risk.

I think it's more that they (incorrectly) perceive more opportunity with smaller prices per unit. It's really very silly but if a large proportion of people think that way, it makes sense to vary the offering Smiley
Herp

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:07:09 PM

This only makes sense if you'd like to attract silly speculators and mathematical cripples to the community.  Let them migrate to NXT and Dogecoin.  Those folks make no contribution whatever.  

While I see your point and understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you one bit.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts. A lost opportunity for Mastercoin. Doge Coin will soon surpass MSC market cap. What a joke that will be.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far. Thank god for Ron's presentations otherwise very few would have heard about Mastercoin.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:27:32 PM

This only makes sense if you'd like to attract silly speculators and mathematical cripples to the community.  Let them migrate to NXT and Dogecoin.  Those folks make no contribution whatever. 

While I see your point and understand where you're coming from, I can't agree with you one bit.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts. A lost opportunity for Mastercoin. Doge Coin will soon surpass MSC market cap. What a joke that will be.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far. Thank god for Ron's presentations otherwise very few would have heard about Mastercoin.

Exactly. Maybe you could say that 99% of people are stupid, but I for one, still want their money. (I know I'll get quoted on that some day). Personally I don't think they are stupid, it's just a mental shortcut. The same way we buy things for 9.99 instead of 10. It's not stupidity, it's the mental shortcuts that the vast majority of humans make every day because they aren't computers and just want to skip to the fun stuff and stop taking things so deadly serious.

Yes I want to attract the mathematical cripples, and you should too. Gambling is for mathematical cripples, but it's damn good business and it will incentivise the mathematical geniuses to make something even more genius for which the mathematical cripples will bring even more money. The point of bitcoin is to make the world a better place through math. It's not to make the world a better place just for people who are good at math.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:28:57 PM

1/17/2013 I have completed raising funds to work full-time on Mastercoin! Please be on the lookout for major announcements soon Smiley

SWEET!

more or less retired.
Herp

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:37:35 PM

This only makes sense if you'd like to attract silly speculators and mathematical cripples to the community.  Let them migrate to NXT and Dogecoin.  Those folks make no contribution whatever.  

Exactly. Maybe you could say that 99% of people are stupid, but I for one, still want their money. (I know I'll get quoted on that some day). Personally I don't think they are stupid, it's just a mental shortcut. The same way we buy things for 9.99 instead of 10. It's not stupidity, it's the mental shortcuts that the vast majority of humans make every day because they aren't computers and just want to skip to the fun stuff and stop taking things so deadly serious.

Yes I want to attract the mathematical cripples, and you should too. Gambling is for mathematical cripples, but it's damn good business and it will incentivise the mathematical geniuses to make something even more genius for which the mathematical cripples will bring even more money. The point of bitcoin is to make the world a better place through math. It's not to make the world a better place just for people who are good at math.

Indeed and more and more people these days shy away from technical studies and go with humanist shit. That's the reality. A mastercoin with just few math and cryptogeeks would be a pretty sad and lonely coin. Get that people?

A coin needs to be inclusive rather than exclusive to be successful.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:13:48 PM

The reason why Doge will surpass Mastercoin is because it is actually listed on exchanges people use and there is a wide wealth distribution.  The exchange issue is the same for NXT.  When people do not have wallets and exchanges to use to actually obtain coins it is pointless to throw tons of money to marketing.  In fact just 2 months ago people were complaining about spending just 18k on a PR firm.

One can see here that the traffic to the website and social media is on par with similar coins, sometimes even higher, however none of this traffic gets converted into wallet users and therefor buyers on exchanges, because the software is till being developed.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1F0sz4g5D5RxnwJuFgTe5No1l1WDH8Qmij9Ys1rbJ9LQ/pub?w=6663&h=2874

Herp

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:25:34 PM

The reason why Doge will surpass Mastercoin is because it is actually listed on exchanges people use and there is a wide wealth distribution.  The exchange issue is the same for NXT.  When people do not have wallets and exchanges to use to actually obtain coins it is pointless to throw tons of money to marketing.  In fact just 2 months ago people were complaining about spending just 18k on a PR firm.

One can see here that the traffic to the website and social media is on par with similar coins, sometimes even higher, however none of this traffic gets converted into wallet users and therefor buyers on exchanges, because the software is till being developed.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1F0sz4g5D5RxnwJuFgTe5No1l1WDH8Qmij9Ys1rbJ9LQ/pub?w=6663&h=2874

I don't argue the importance of being listed on exchanges, by the contrary. I guess you need to ask yourself why a joke coin like Doge managed to get listed on so many exchanges while Mastercoin didn't have much success in doing so. Perhaps it's an issue that needs a quick fix.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 10:43:13 PM

I don't argue the importance of being listed on exchanges, by the contrary. I guess you need to ask yourself why a joke coin like Doge managed to get listed on so many exchanges while Mastercoin didn't have much success in doing so. Perhaps it's an issue that needs a quick fix.
The dogecoin tech is a straight up knockoff of litecoin code, it probably takes about 15 minutes for my mother to integrate it into any other software that's been integrated with bitcoind or litecoind JSON RPC api.

Mastercoin on the other hand is implementing new features and so it has a unique API.

We have had a few exchanges that wanted to put MSC in but we ran into a few problems 1) API was not ready 2) wallets/code had not been tested (happening now!) 3) because of 1 and 2 doing it like how masterxchange did it (Bless their hearts) would have taken a couple smart guys putting in a few weeks and testing.  See this: http://wiki.mastercoin.org/index.php/Exchange_%26_Wallet_Integration_Guide

There are a lot of people working on this and it will happen.  Unfortunately there is no quick fix unless you are willing to invest a few 100 G's into some places  https://angel.co/payward-kraken/fundraising  or just wait it out for the testing and API. 
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 07:54:29 AM

Exactly. Maybe you could say that 99% of people are stupid, but I for one, still want their money.

The fact they are buying coins is a very strong contribution to the development efforts.

You guys need to get a good marketing guy on board. Marketing efforts have been very poor so far.

Holy crap!  What is with the pump and dump mentality?  Dogecoin - really?  When the crash comes, that thing is going to fall to zero in two days.  There is no function in that silly 'coin'.  It is all scam. 

Hype doesn't help MSC. 'Marketing' doesn't do anything but artificially raise the price.  Who wants that?  Speculators.  I want the MSC price rise because the damn thing works and brings new function to cryptocurrencies.  Let NXT and Doge exceed MSC in market cap - that isn't a measure of success - it is a measure of hype.  Without shame, Doge has no underlying functionality.  At least NXT is pretending to be backed by a dynamic coin.  They both will burn out soon.  Even the NXT logo is on fire. 

I agree MSC does not need any marketing. In my opinion it may actually hinder development if the direction of this project is influenced by "promoters".
Pages: « 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: