Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:17:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Rewards: Sell immediately or HODL?  (Read 7097 times)
Sevaev

Activity: 406
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:35:40 PM

I also do bounty campaign and just like you i keep holding my coins for medium to long term depending on how my coins movement. People sell immediately their bounty maybe to earn quick cash for food or for anything they want to buy. I also dont worry if my coins will worthless in the long run since i dont invest money just time and efforts to keep posting everyday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
reyasuo

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 03:38:53 PM

Predicting prices and expecting coins that we have at high prices is unrealistic and for me very risky. after receiving several rewards from bounty campaign, I observed some price movements.
After market release, the price will usually go up in a few days and less than a week. I always sell at that time and leaving or hold 30%. I will sell my 30% coins after the price failed to break the support area and go up higher than the previous price. because this technique is not always successful, therefore only 30% that I leave. technically the price will decrease if it fails to break the resistance area, so we must be careful with price fluctuations.
besides that we should also observe economic news related to the coins we have, we can measure the price by looking at the demand and supply.

thank you!
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:04:21 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I think that many of the new bounty hunters come from third world countries, and for them these rewards are good money compared to their average salary. And I don't even think they actually have time to wait and see if the coin goes up or not, they really need the money.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:08:20 PM

I've been doing bounty campaigns only since December 2017.  Not long, in the scheme of things.  But one thing that truly surprised me during the last couple of months is the number of bounty hunters who look to sell their tokens ASAP.  At first, I didn't understand why, but I think I'm beginning to.

For me, I'm doing these bounty campaigns for a bit of fun and to give my mind a bit work to do, creatively speaking.  So my mindset for any bounty tokens is just to HODL and allow the devs to implement their roadmap and take the project through to completion.  I think this will give the best realisation of value on the tokens.  Sure, some may fail and they will likely end up worthless, but since I only invested time, not money, into receiving them, I'm not really worried.

So with that mindset, I struggled to understand why so many people were eager to offload their bounties at the earliest opportunity.

But over the weekend, I sat down and did some calculations on the accumulated bounty rewards I'm expecting to receive.  Each bounty by itself was a modest return, but when combined in totality, it was a sizeable amount.  And that's when it struck me...

Lots of people who live in less fortunate parts of the world, particularly in areas with high unemployment, probably NEED to sell their bounty rewards to put food on the table and pay their bills.

But I really don't know if my assumptions are correct.  So, my question to you is...

Do you sell your Bounty Rewards straight away or HODL?  Any insight into your reasons would be appreciated.

## If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return ##
I hold all the bounty rewards, I still look forward to some time and the price will increase and I sell all

CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:24:08 PM

You got the point here. I never thought about it. Many people indeed need money to get by so they will sell asap. That's fair enough.
As for me, I would prefer to hold and see how projects develops. I think that if you do it not as a full time job, then it's better to hold. If I join the bounty, I think that it's a good project. And if it's a good project then the tokens will probably appreciate in value.
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 04:28:10 PM

For me, I get bounties to HODL because it is fun to hold these tokens as I see a future in these technologies. However,, I must say that not everyone that sells is really unemployed . I know some people who see it as business but i do agree that there are so many employed but i wish many investors would understand this and be quick to judge

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
fredemar12

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:49:03 PM

Firstly, no one knows what will happen to the coin, after how everyone will pay for the Bounty. Maybe a coin will increase in price, or maybe not. Some do not want to risk and sell as soon as the token goes to the stock exchange. Some withdraw and invest in other crypto-currencies, for example Bitcoin. Part, of course, can be taken out in cash, to feel them and understand that everything is done in  no vain.
xxxkiselevxxx

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:08:42 PM

I stick to the strategy hold on and double
CryptoCastle

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:23:27 PM

The best technique if you also want to benefit when the value of the tokens will rise is just to sell only half of what you earned.
At least you are also helping the project by not dumping all you got because it will significantly affect the price and it's not good for the eyes of a typical investors.
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:28:32 PM

For me its depending in each project. Some projects I consider them very valuable, so I keep the rewards from their bounties and keep holding their tokens until the price reach the best level. But some other projects aren't really very promising, I sell their tokens with the available rates. But you are right, some people especially from the poorest countries sell asap, because they need money for their living issues.
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:34:37 PM

With bounty as practice shows,it is better to keep at least 3-4 months,and then you can sell it,of course, if like before the new year when there was rapid growth,and then to the bottom,before this slump odnaznachno of Nadav CE to sell,and so the potential for more if not a lot wait,because after the ISO released on the stock exchange and tend to be XXXX

collins3

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:45:08 PM

Half sold, the rest is HODL. sell at the right time, for example when the Token is listing to the exchange.
It's a bit small, but when combined, great rewards. In my opinion, if I need money to invest, I will sell 60% only 40% left I will continue to accumulate. If someone needs money to cover their life, I advise them to sell 70% of that 30% investment, 40% to care for life, and the remaining 30% continue to accumulate.
Maybe I'm a realism lover!
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:51:53 PM

Well it depends on the bounty, if it is a good and solid project, I will HODL but if it is not a solid project, I will sell of and use the returns to invest into another solid project or coin.

crypto2k180

Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:09:47 AM

I think here you can only guess) well, or look at the level of the HYIP and the demand for coins. High HYIP = hold, low = sell)

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:26:44 AM

Before decide to sell or hold, i try to learn the fundamental of the project first. And if i found the project will have potential to grow i hold it and i will sell it when the project does not interesting. Sometimes my prediction wrong but by continue to learn it we will be have more knowledge about fundamental analysis.

12retepnat34

Activity: 319

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:30:44 AM

It is depend on my needs to sell my bounty reward immediately or not, if I don't have money then I sell it because this is my purpose to join a signature campaign to have money, but if I have enough money then I hold thus coin that I believe that can pump like bitcoin.
Autobay.io

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:43:43 AM

Please visit www.autobay.io for the most novel Bounty in any ICO.
Autobay is holding through its ICO the first car cryptocurrency Auction in the world.  When contributing to the ICO you automatically participate in the Reward Auction, were the #1 contributor wins a car and #2 - #10 win token prizes.  Referral and Bounty programs are also available.

Autobay is launching Autobay Tokens (ABX) which will allow its holders to buy a car in the platform. 

Presale launches May 9th.

For further information please visit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izswjEHiocY&t=8s
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:49:24 AM

I am doing bounty campaign since Sept. of 2017, for me it is very hard to decide which token should I hold or sell. Before whenever I receive my bounty I will immediately sell it and afterwards I'll regret it when the value goes up. But I learned a lesson, what I am doing right now since I carefully check the project before joining them and made sure it is a good one, I will set a target and once I got that I will release it right away and will never look back.
Balmain

Activity: 2086
Merit: 682

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:53:22 AM

When you join a bounty that means you believe the project. If you believe the project why do you want to sell your coins? If you don't believe the project why did you join their bounty campaign? The answer is clear, hold it.

If this post has been thought provoking for you, I'd really appreciate a bit of Merit in return

If you didn't write this at the bottom I would give you merit. I don't like that kind of posts.
darefreads

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:56:11 AM

I am not a good in believing things go better in the future, but if you believe that your coin will grow this year. Maybe you should hold it for year to have an experience of knowing that your holding coin will grow this year. And I think some times you got to believe in it to make a response on what you believed, so better to hold for a long term earning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: