Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:22:12 AM

I heard about this recently and decided to give it a try. The profitability charts looked really nice, for example. Anyway, here's my 24-hour review of Hash Cows vs. Litecoin. I'm going to keep it going for another day, but so far things aren't looking all that good compared to other mining options.

"every time they switch coins, my miners all seem to swap over to my secondary pool for several minutes"

did you use cgminer <= 3.5.0?
if not, you should redo your tests.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:26:21 AM

I heard about this recently and decided to give it a try. The profitability charts looked really nice, for example. Anyway, here's my 24-hour review of Hash Cows vs. Litecoin. I'm going to keep it going for another day, but so far things aren't looking all that good compared to other mining options.

We had a bad day that day down on the farm. Do a longer test pl

glon

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:29:32 AM

"every time they switch coins, my miners all seem to swap over to my secondary pool for several minutes"

Why is that?
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:37:36 AM

Why is that?

because >3.5.0 has a delay of 5 minutes when a pools fails, thus you loose a lot of mining on hashcows, due to coin switches.
earlier versions have a much shorter delay, so are more suited to multicoin pool mining.

glon

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:42:57 AM

Why is that?

because >3.5.0 has a delay of 5 minutes when a pools fails, thus you loose a lot of mining on hashcows, due to coin switches.
earlier versions have a much shorter delay, so are more suited to multicoin pool mining.

Ah ok. Two questions though:

1) Is there maybe a config switch in >3.5.0 to manually set a shorter delay? If yes, would 1 minute be a safe number to set this to?

2) Are you not sacrificing some other possible benefits when not using the latest GPU-scrypt cgminer (3.7.2)?

Thanks!
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:00:40 AM

Why is that?

1) Is there maybe a config switch in >3.5.0 to manually set a shorter delay? If yes, would 1 minute be a safe number to set this to?

2) Are you not sacrificing some other possible benefits when not using the latest GPU-scrypt cgminer (3.7.2)?

Thanks!

1) not that I know of: but you could modify the source; I don't think it's worth because of 2)
2) i heard some people use 3.3.2 o similar because of supposedly better performance; I myself have used 3.7.2 on a conventional pool and seen no difference with earlier versions.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:24:36 AM

a) A couple of hours of down time will effect results.
b) Some coin is always waiting to mature and be exchanged (you'll be getting credits for about 3 days).
c) Mining involves variance, so any results of a comparison test that is less than 2 weeks, run side by side, is meaningless (imo).

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sprmacholo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:42:08 AM

Since last night I quite often gets disconnected and it says failed to connect, after a while it says waiting for work from pool and eventually it resumes, is this normal considering the problems as of late or is something up with my rig?
sikman

Activity: 572
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:23:48 AM

Since last night I quite often gets disconnected and it says failed to connect, after a while it says waiting for work from pool and eventually it resumes, is this normal considering the problems as of late or is something up with my rig?

I also get this as well, hashcow server are not responding, happens on all 10 rigs with various version of cgminer 3.1.0 > 3.7.2

PECULIUM                    [  PRIVATE SALE ~$2M PLEDGED ]
First Saving System in CryptoCurrency Driven by Artificial Intelligence     / WHITEPAPER / ANN / BOUNTY / TELEGRAM /

▓░          ░  ░░░    ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒
                                  █▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▒▓██▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
             ░░░░░▒▒░░  ░░░░░░░░░▒█░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒███▓▓████████▓▓
        ░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░░░     ▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▓██▒▓██████▓█████
     ░▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ░░░░░░▒▓▒ ░░░    ░▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██▓ ████████▒▓██▓▓
          ░░░░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒░▒░ ░      ▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒▓▓▓▒░████▓███▒████▓▓
      ░░░░░░░▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░       ▒▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ █████████████  
       ░░░▒▒▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒   ░░░░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒███▓█████▓░     
      ░░░    ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓▓  ░░░ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒ ░▓██▓▒░          ░ ░
     ░░  ▒▓█████████▓▓▓▒▓░  ░░ ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▒░   ░░░ ░░░░     
     ░ ▓██▒▓▓▓███▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓    ░ ░▒░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▒▒░░░░             
     ░▓█░▒██████████▓▒▒█      ░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░            
    ░▓▓ ███████▓▒██▓███▒      ░░░░░░░░░░░░▒░▒░▒░▒▒░░░░░░░         
    ▒▒ ▓██▓▓██▒▓███▓███      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░            
    ▒░▒█░███▓████▓           ░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                 
    ░ ██ ████▓▓     ▒       ░░  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░                    
                   ▒░      ░░ ░   ░░░░░░░░░░                      
            ░░░░░░▒▒       ░░   ░ ░  ░░░░░░░                      
          ░░░  ░░ ░         ░          ░░░░░░                     
                           ░      ░░░░░░░▒▒░                      
                                     ░░░  ░▒                      
                            ░░▒░░░      ░  ░▒                     
                    ░    ░░░░░░ ░░░▒▒░    ░░▒░                    
                    ▒▒░░░░░░   ░░    ░▒▒░░░░▒▒                    
                      ▒▒░░▒░▓███████▓ ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▒                    
                    ▓░ ░▒░░▓██████████░░▒▒▒▓▓                     
                   ▓███░░▒▒▒▓▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒▓▓▓                      
                    ████▓▒▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░                       
                     ▓██▓▒▓▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░                          
                      ▓▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░                               
                        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▒                                  
                         ░▒▒▒▒▒▒                                  
                          ░▒▒░▒░                                  
                          ░░   ░                                  
                          ░    ░                                  ░
                             ░░                       ░           ░
                                                      ░░        ░ ░
                         ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░     ░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░ ░ ░ ░
                       ░▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░░░    ░░░░░░░ ░
                      ░▒░▒▒▒▓▓▓███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░
                     ░▒▒▓▓████▓▓▒              ░▒▒▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░░░▒░▒
                    ░▒▓██▒░                ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░   ░░░░░░▒
                   ░▒▓█       ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒░▒
                  ▒▒▓█   ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
                 ░░▓█    ░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░ ░░░░░        ░ ▒
[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385
Karlog

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:34:20 AM

I also get this as well, hashcow server are not responding, happens on all 10 rigs with various version of cgminer 3.1.0 > 3.7.2

I think the problem is overload on the server with all the new hash-rate the site have had the last cobble of days. So i HOPE that the new server will sort out the problem by taking 50% of the load.

CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:46:45 AM

Could you add Bitbar (BTB) to the pool please ?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:54:53 AM

It obviously happens only when pool is switching to another coin, and it gives sense. I am still using CGminer 2.11.4 (best so far - I never mention any change with newer versions, it only get worse) and disconects lasts only few seconds.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
kileris

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:03:13 PM

hi, I am pretty new to mining, just set up my rig today, all seem to go good, but I am getting a lot of Rejected Shared in 10-20% range mining coins like DGC and, wanted to check if this is expected or something is wrong with my rig.
sprmacholo

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:12:55 PM

It obviously happens only when pool is switching to another coin, and it gives sense. I am still using CGminer 2.11.4 (best so far - I never mention any change with newer versions, it only get worse) and disconects lasts only few seconds.

not so obvious since it started happening yesterday evening, never before and it lasts for minutes at a time, not seconds
antonioffaxii

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:19:41 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 02:37:41 PM by antonioffaxii

hi, I am pretty new to mining, just set up my rig today, all seem to go good, but I am getting a lot of Rejected Shared in 10-20% range mining coins like DGC and, wanted to check if this is expected or something is wrong with my rig.

Getting a massive rejected share rate as well. Currently over 20%

edit - it's dropped below 5% now /wipesforehead
skyhigh2004

Activity: 201

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:54:15 PM

Why is that?

Thanks!

Anything over 3.3.1 and cgminer starts to get worse for scrypt.  You'll get the best hash rate and least amount of disconnection time from it.

BTC:157BZV5z5dEdEoE5KSr5D7CQGXamLpsZ7n  LTC:LYCf5PnQpXCCmpR4ka3mR8DFDe5hKhTdfc
MEC:MAgTT8QdhVCkgHTkUoKvs4w1TQvv3NU99v  DGC:D8Ubh9oYTpSe1HEBptY8wf6ZrPpj7bhkV5
FTC:6hb1VsGzkej4kSsssGA4FMnkCoVp7PLi8D  PXC:PqQwQKJoYxGSVrKtVfDa5aaJVL9Yevhb2b
aTriz

Activity: 1218
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:31:00 PM

I must say I can tell you took the time to write-up a good review, too bad it didn't sound too good for us!

In response, you have been mining here for two days which really isn't an accurate or fair assessment of the pool. We are having issues with coin switches (which you stated in the review) which is causing our stratum to get stuck and even in cases go down for 3 hours per day. We are aware of this issue and hopefully will have some good news on it in the immediate future. Like others have said one way to put a patch on the problem is to download a previous version of CgMiner which doesn't have the 5 minute failover. If you do leave and you are not satisfied, I invite you to come back when things are fixed up and give us a longer test period.

The pool has been pretty stable for the last 2 months and of course with everything in life there will be small hiccups, I know everything seems bleak right now as we have had two days of issues though we can assure you better days are ahead.

coyote

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:03:38 PM

I hope I am not tempting fate here but things seem to be settling down again after a couple of very bumpy days.

As far as I can tell the main outstanding issue is disconnects and (decreasingly) occasional stratum failures associated with coin changes.

Whilst a bit worrying I see the problem with the stats and payout estimations are secondary to making sure the mining equipment stays fully occupied.

I'm sure everyone here would appreciate a quick update of what you guys (Atriz & nearmiss) believe to be the outstanding issues and what your priorities are.

Keep up the good work guys - I really appreciate what you have done & are trying to do here.
thunderstrk

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:33:27 PM

Ok a few updates on my side. Since yesterday I took out the backup pool. Yes I do lose connection when coins switch however it's brief..~30 seconds or so. Not a big deal. Since I can monitor my home rig via remote desktop I'm not really worried about the pool being down for a long period of time. It's more problematic during the night. If the pool really goes down..I will lose some time. Anyway

In terms of profitability.. according to litecoin calculator if i mine LTC at current difficulty and at 950kh I will be earning 0.31 coins per day. At an exchange rate of ~ 0.035 BTC/LTC... that comes out to be 0.01085 BTC / day. Take out some conversion/withdrawal fees..and I'll probably be left with 0.01..or maybe 0.009xx. Not to mention the time spent to withdraw coins from a pool, deposit them in xchange website, withdraw BTC.
Note: The LTC difficulty recently increased..so maybe my LTC profit calculations are a little lower..however at the previous difficulty I was mining 0.35 coins/day which is the equivalent of 0.012 BTC. However since we all care about the future...LTC difficulty is only gonna go up. Value..no idea.

Now, I've been mining on hashcows since Sunday (Dec Cool. However Dec 11-12 I had a failover to LTC so basically for every coin switch i would mine 5 minutes on my backup LTC. here are my results after all fees.  NET results:

Total: 0.05084 over a total of 5.5 days. On top of this my backup pool generated: 0.162 LTC (0.005 BTC). not to mention the fact that hashcows and exchange websites had problems over the past few days. So overall I would say hashcows is doing pretty well. So far i get the results im expecting. Sure, payouts are not cosntant on a daily basis..so that's why I suggest you mine for a few days before complaining.

For the time being I'm sticking with hashcows. equal or slightly smaller profits but with less of a headache.

Keep it up guys !

coyote

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:44:55 PM

Here are my earnings for the last 10 days

0.00858026   12/12/2013
0.01768683   11/12/2013
0.00730129   10/12/2013
0.02028866   09/12/2013
0.0171497   08/12/2013
0.00809126   07/12/2013
0.01238962   06/12/2013
0.02172553   05/12/2013
0.0100862   04/12/2013
0.01078565   03/12/2013

Giving an average of BTC0.0134 per day

This is on 800ish Kh/s spread over 3 cards & 3 virtualised CPU machines (I know!)

Yesterday was made worse by me spending some time tuning my card performances & I crashed one of the machines with 400Kh/s for about 4 hours.
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: