Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:25:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347313 times)
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:07:27 PM

I don't remember if I read it here or another thread and please don't laugh  Roll Eyes but someone suggested that it may be actually more profitable to mine the 2nd most profitable coin...

Think it through.  Middlecoin and Multipool are both running at nearly 1 Gh/s EACH.  This pool will be around 300 Mh/s in the next day or so.  That's around 2.3 Gh/s of hashing not counting the multi coin pools I don't know about.  Middlecoin and Hashcows mine and auto exchange, probably at the same time.  Multipool has a rudimentary auto exchange system via Cryptsy and will no doubt soon move to a more integrated system like here and middlecoin.

So what is happening is that a shit load of newly matured coins are hitting the exchanges at the same time and the expected price goes south and we get a less than expected return.  The other side effect of massive hashing power hitting a coin is that its difficulty goes through the roof making it a short lived love affair.  If a pool was milking the 2nd best coin, the profitability would still be high and the difficulty would rise more slowly.  The kicker is that when the coins were auto traded you woudn't be competing with a gazillion coins from the other sites...

I know it an idea from left field but it might be worth trialling. Thoughts?

That was indeed this thread, I had suggested it.  I only put it out there, where you elaborated on the best reasons to implement it.  However, everyone is going to use a different algorithm to determine best coin, so it may not always coincide on each multi - multipool and hashcows publishes theirs, but middlecoin does not.  You can sometimes make an educated guess as to what coin it is based on the difficulty, but with the lower diff coins, not always.

Perhaps looking for high reject rate or super-fast block finding (in relation to the target time) would give an indicator that the coin is being hammered, and that coin can be moved away from even if the profitability number is highest

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
BigDaddyWooWoo

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:22:49 PM

Guys, I went from about a 4% reject rate the last few days to over 22% today.  I like the pool, the ops are responsive and seem to be trying, but until you get all the bugs ironed out I'm off to something else.
MrJay

Activity: 115

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:49:16 PM

Is there something up with the BTC estimates today, I'm only showing around 0.025 for the day when the past couple of days I have been at 0.09/0.1 with my 5MH.
Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:47:45 PM

I had to post this in the newbie forum earlier, but I was thinking the same thing and I saw this post right after I finished a greasemonkey script to do something very similar and make a few other changes based on personal preference.  Don't get me wrong--I really like the site, but I figure the admins have higher priority items to work on, so until they get around to it, this script might be useful.

Here's what I did:
- Difficulty is recalculated as expected number of diff 1 shares. (same as cgminer)
- Calculates pool rejected % for current round and compares it to user rejected % (green if you are better than pool average, red if worse.)
- Changed estimated earnings to display in uBTC.
- Calculates round profitability as uBTC/hr.

This is what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/3Z3eGdP

And the code is here:
https://github.com/DeckardLain/HashCowMod/blob/master/Hash_Cows_Mod.user.js

Thanks for sharing - it gives exactly the type of information I was suggesting being added to the stats.  It really shows which coins are the stinkers (I'm looking at you GDC), and which appear to have a sizable return (ANC, everytime!).  At first the conversion to uBTC was disliked, but it's grown on me, I'm not having to count zeroes now.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 04:06:00 PM

Thanks for sharing - it gives exactly the type of information I was suggesting being added to the stats.  It really shows which coins are the stinkers (I'm looking at you GDC), and which appear to have a sizable return (ANC, everytime!).  At first the conversion to uBTC was disliked, but it's grown on me, I'm not having to count zeroes now.

+1

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:46:28 PM

Guys, I went from about a 4% reject rate the last few days to over 22% today.  I like the pool, the ops are responsive and seem to be trying, but until you get all the bugs ironed out I'm off to something else.
That only matters if your setup is generating more than other miners, or the pool is generating more than other pools. If it has to do with the coin, then what's important is profitability after rejects+stales are taken into account. If a coin shows 800% profit but with 40% lost work, that is still better than another 400% "clean" coin.

As I said elsewhere, some coins can't handle tons of megahash thrown at them, others have built in defenses against opportunistic mining and the rejects will increase. That's a different matter altogether.

So, I'd not bother too much about an ugly cgminer display or bad stats, don't let them stop from mining here. The most important metric is obviously uBTC / minute for the ones that auto-sell.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Sparhawk76

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:50:22 PM

Hmm ... anyone else have the pool connection drop for them, been down for about a minute now for me Sad.
DeckardLain

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:51:28 PM

Hmm ... anyone else have the pool connection drop for them, been down for about a minute now for me Sad.

Yup, down here as well.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Back up, sorry about that guys.

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:25:48 PM

Consider using Cgwatcher to manage your mining software. Sometimes cgminer gets stuck when the pool goes down.

██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
JohnnyCrypto

Activity: 45

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:48:07 PM

@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~
swiftshoot

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:44:52 AM

Consider using Cgwatcher to manage your mining software. Sometimes cgminer gets stuck when the pool goes down.
Or configure another pool and turn failover only on to switch when pool is unresponsive.  Another reason why we need longer (15-30 minutes) changes from one coin to another (unless the profitability drops >50% then change earlier.)

Build your own Cloud Miner! https://cex.io/r/1/swiftshoot/0/
to Make your BTC Mine for you. 3% referral bonus if you sign up others... please use my referral code if you want to join. You can also redeem your hardware after you get enough GHS.
btc:
ltc:
other altcoins: send me PM for address.
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:47:37 AM

Or configure another pool and turn failover only on to switch when pool is unresponsive.  Another reason why we need longer (15-30 minutes) changes from one coin to another (unless the profitability drops >50% then change earlier.)

I'm happy to oblige longer round times and we can see how it goes.   I'll set this up later tonight, with some logic to still switch anyways if profitability jump is greater than X threshold (as you said). 

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 12:53:09 AM

@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
JohnnyCrypto

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 01:02:31 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2013, 01:15:07 AM by JohnnyCrypto

@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)

Yes, i was referring to the "My Est.Earnings". I realize that it is just an estimate, but i have been receiving almost exactly what it has been saying i should be getting, so i was using it as a measurement tool. Nevertheless, my "My Est.Earnings" have been dropping while mining and increasing while not mining.. Strange..  Huh

EDIT: Sorry actually it was indeed the "Est. Daily BTC Earnings" value.  Wink
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 01:50:45 AM

@aTriz

I've been mining at the pool for 3 days. I've noticed that my BTC earnings are about 30%-40% below what i should be getting. Today i decided to stop mining at the pool.. To my surprise only then did my earnings increase at the normal rate as rounds started to confirm, rather than the -30%-40% loss i've been getting while actually mining at the pool. I then decided to start mining again.. I then watched my earnings fall each round at the exact percentage of stales produced per round!  I think there may be a bug somewhere in your stale detection system! Please check that out.  Wink

~JohnnyCrypto~

Are you referring to the 'My Est.Earnings' in the stats table per round, or your 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value?  (the latter is the more important)

This is likely just coincidence.  That number is updated at somewhat random intervals throughout the day.  In addition, today has been a bit of an 'off' day in terms of consistency of trades, mostly due to one of the exchanges having some major delays and other problems.  It caused a lot of our coins to be 'stuck' in transit, as well as some trades taking much longer than they otherwise would have.  Also note that your round stats are calculated at the time the round ends, whereas that 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value is only ever affected once trades have been made.  In short, there is no direct link between the round ending (which is when we'd calculate your share % among other miners), and that number changing.

I'd suggest for now just take note of your payout tonight. If it doesn't seem to line up with expectations, pm me your username and I can dig into your details further.

JohnnyCrypto

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 02:06:12 AM

@aTriz

~JohnnyCrypto~

This is likely just coincidence.  That number is updated at somewhat random intervals throughout the day.  In addition, today has been a bit of an 'off' day in terms of consistency of trades, mostly due to one of the exchanges having some major delays and other problems.  It caused a lot of our coins to be 'stuck' in transit, as well as some trades taking much longer than they otherwise would have.  Also note that your round stats are calculated at the time the round ends, whereas that 'Est. Daily BTC Earnings' value is only ever affected once trades have been made.  In short, there is no direct link between the round ending (which is when we'd calculate your share % among other miners), and that number changing.

I'd suggest for now just take note of your payout tonight. If it doesn't seem to line up with expectations, pm me your username and I can dig into your details further.

Alright, will do.  Smiley

On a side note, i have to say, i love the way your pool functions! I truly believe it will come out on top once you have it going at 100%. Thanks. Keep up the excellent work!  Cool
nearmiss (OP)

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 05:18:24 AM

I'm happy to oblige longer round times and we can see how it goes.   I'll set this up later tonight, with some logic to still switch anyways if profitability jump is greater than X threshold (as you said). 

Sorry, got more tied up than expected working on new vardiff-type improvements, didn't get to this tonight.  I've got a pretty busy weekend but will try and get to it, if not, then Monday shouldn't be a problem.

Happy mining.

Epeus

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:02:04 AM

24 hr earnings with 937 Kh/s were BTC 0.01923609
70 WDC and 1.5 MNC were not autotraded but sent to an exchange directly, so that's another BTC 0.0025
Total of BTC 0.0217
Calculates into BTC 0.0232 per Mh/s every 24 hours.

If the next payout is as good as this one, I'm gonna point my main rigs here also.

Keep up the good work guys !!  Grin
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 07:35:04 AM

nearmiss and aTriz, if you have time, please check up on ANC.  I don't see it going green in the past 30 round list, but it's a big chunk of the estimated earnings.  We could be in for a disappointment when (if?) it finally gets traded.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: