Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:54:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 193 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows  (Read 347311 times)
mattle74

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:13:59 AM

I wanted to really like this pool, but everytime I've tried it, I get too many getwork failures. For profit switching, I've just setup with pools that I like and am using CGWatcher in Windows and CryptoSwitcher in Linux. It's a lot more work to manage that many config files and pool accounts but worth it for the stability.
johndec

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:56:29 AM

Profits are turning down today because ANC refuses to come and play.. Sad
willittobe

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 01:20:49 PM

Hmm.

Just watched as DGC jumped to 1,200% profitability (~930% adjusted) and the pool stayed chugging away on MEC at 483% for a good 5 minutes or so, until it had done a 10 minute round, and only then switched to DGC.

Shouldn't there be/can there be some logic that says 'if x coin is so much more profitable, switch now instead of later'?

Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

Hmm.

Just watched as DGC jumped to 1,200% profitability (~930% adjusted) and the pool stayed chugging away on MEC at 483% for a good 5 minutes or so, until it had done a 10 minute round, and only then switched to DGC.

Shouldn't there be/can there be some logic that says 'if x coin is so much more profitable, switch now instead of later'?

looking at the DGC round, it's safe to say that we still got a good run at it - still got in for over 2 hours with quite the estimated return.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

I'm giving your pool a try now for a few days and I really like it.
It's also good to see the pool operators are very active on the forum and working hard to make the pool better every day.
Let's hope the increasing line in profits continues Smiley

When I look at the site stats. I notice that every rond of HoboNickels (HBN) is really disappointing. I also see that HBN has a Proof of Stake component.
Some time ago I tried mining AndroidsTokens on one of Torzsy's pools and had the same disappointing results. Reading around on the forums I found that stratum has a problem with POS coins and I allerted Torzsy to this problem.
He looked into it and came to the same conclusion, after which he posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291148.msg3142409#msg3142409

I think we have the same problem with HBN. Please look into it and give the coin some extra handicap before switching to it.
Maybe you can PM Torzsy about his findings. My communication with him was very good and he seemed like a nice guy. Even after I stopped mining at his pool Wink

Keep up the good work.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
aTriz

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

I'm giving your pool a try now for a few days and I really like it.
It's also good to see the pool operators are very active on the forum and working hard to make the pool better every day.
Let's hope the increasing line in profits continues Smiley

When I look at the site stats. I notice that every rond of HoboNickels (HBN) is really disappointing. I also see that HBN has a Proof of Stake component.
Some time ago I tried mining AndroidsTokens on one of Torzsy's pools and had the same disappointing results. Reading around on the forums I found that stratum has a problem with POS coins and I allerted Torzsy to this problem.
He looked into it and came to the same conclusion, after which he posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291148.msg3142409#msg3142409

I think we have the same problem with HBN. Please look into it and give the coin some extra handicap before switching to it.
Maybe you can PM Torzsy about his findings. My communication with him was very good and he seemed like a nice guy. Even after I stopped mining at his pool Wink

Keep up the good work.

Hmm, will take a look into that, good find.

Thanks for mining with us!

HeyPete

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 09:58:08 PM

Been testing for some days now, and like it.

Got a couple of questions;

1. "My Hashrate" on the page is dropping from time to time (by 100 - 300kh/s), while my local speed is constant? (I do not send stales, is this the reason?)

2. Diamond and fastcoin looks good on coinchoose (7 days average), how about adding these? Or are the difficulty too low resulting in too many stales?

-Cheers
gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

I have been mining since around Round 1004 or so and i still dont see anything in my Confirmed Balance even tho rounds are showing paid in full

Site username is
Freebitcoinslist

jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:33:18 PM

I have been mining since around Round 1004 or so and i still dont see anything in my Confirmed Balance even tho rounds are showing paid in full

Site username is
Freebitcoinslist

Payout to confirmed Balance is once a day per this post on page 14 of the thread:

The new "official" payout time is 3:00 UTC // 11:00 EST.

So today's payout was sent out 2 hours early (22 hours total of mining time) but we still saw the best profit day since Hashcows was launched!

The cow's are happy!  Moooo

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 10:50:38 PM

For the love of God, stop mining MinCoin and HoboNickels

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
aTriz

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:09:37 PM

We will look into hitting them with a profitability hit. We are working on some bigger things tho atm! Smiley

willittobe

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:12:47 PM

Profit...ability... slipping away...

Looking at the daily Est, down almost 25% from yesterday Sad

And still dropping...

gjpminingco

Activity: 350

Co-Owner Of DCMCo-Op Mining Farm at 3.5 th/s

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2013, 11:32:58 PM

We will look into hitting them with a profitability hit. We are working on some bigger things tho atm! Smiley

like???
is there anything we can do to help the site at all?

And i would like to know Who the Site owners are and if they Could PM me as i am putting together a site for Newbies to the BTC community

nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:34:38 PM

Been testing for some days now, and like it.

Got a couple of questions;

1. "My Hashrate" on the page is dropping from time to time (by 100 - 300kh/s), while my local speed is constant? (I do not send stales, is this the reason?)

2. Diamond and fastcoin looks good on coinchoose (7 days average), how about adding these? Or are the difficulty too low resulting in too many stales?

-Cheers

1. Its a possibility, especially if your noticing it drop near the start of a round, where vardiff will still be ramping you back up to target share submission rate.

2. Both coins are on the site. DMD we mined a lot in the early days, but found even though it was 'profitable' as per the math, the actual payouts were not. So we more or less disabled it via super high stalerate penalty.   FST isn't mined often, most likely due to its natural higher stalerate/orphan penalty.

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 11:44:06 PM

like???
is there anything we can do to help the site at all?

And i would like to know Who the Site owners are and if they Could PM me as i am putting together a site for Newbies to the BTC community

Check the first and second posts of the thread to see who's running the show.

aTriz

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:13:03 AM

And still dropping...

Well it isn't helping that one of the sites we use for trading is pretty much not working heh Sad

OhShBit

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:06:13 AM

And still dropping...

Well it isn't helping that one of the sites we use for trading is pretty much not working heh Sad

I understand that some things you have no control over, so no faith lost here:D  Keep up the great work!
nearmiss (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:31:02 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 12:15:44 PM by nearmiss

We've started implementation of some of the diff changes that have been mentioned the last couple of days.  Phase 1 of this implementation means that your difficulty setting from the end of the previous round, is re-called at the start of the next round, and its what you will be given right off the bat (aside from the initial share or two at the pool target of 64 that you get on re-connect).  

Example:  Round 1 we mine WDC, vardiff eventually ramps you up to a diff of 128, the round ends, Round 2 we mine DGC, after a share or two at 64 you should see 128.  During phase 1, vardiff will then continue to monitor, and may adjust you further up or down from that point.

We felt that the potential negative of starting too high was outweighed by the benefit of starting closer to your 'target' diff, even if it was for a different coin.  (the settings from one coin to the next don't differ too much).  

Note: We've currently only implemented this on Proof of Work coins. Hybrid coins will behave as they always have, starting you off at the pool default of 64 and ramping up/down via vardiff as expected.

Please report if you notice any oddities with vardiff going forward!

Future phases will allow for user selectable difficulties, including a 'user minimum difficulty' (where vardiff could still move you higher, but never lower), as well as 'static difficulty' (where vardiff won't touch you, you get what you set).

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
nitrocs

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:39:39 AM

Any update on a NA server?
johndec

Activity: 134

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:50:23 AM

Hmm... MNC is looking very ordinary.  Might be time to flick it.  What the pool really needs is another coin like ANC to pick up the slack when ANC goes to insane difficulty levels.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be one...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 193 »
  Print  

Jump to: