Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 11:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 508 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread [Self-Moderated]  (Read 771083 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bitmoon

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:30:14 PM

how do you verify the public bitcoin address truely is associated with bitfunder username, other then the bitcoin address signing.

what happens if a user uses different bitcoin address then his public bitcoin address, and signs it? and asset list wont longer show his public address

asset list is not enough, becuase some people buy or sell or transfer, so asset list changes

We are saving the asset list on a regular basis.  Also, there is a person that is saving the asset list every 10 minutes.

hmm okay. maybe this negates my assumption that you do have a thorough record of number of shares associated with public BTC addreses.

just out of curiosity: I've done two separate transfers to AMC-TENDER (bought a few more shares after my main - initial transfer), will you have record of that?

yes , he will use transaction log, but will be little harder on him to process
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:47:06 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 01:04:36 AM by knybe

okay I've reconstructed an old post from CanaryInTheMine regarding how to sign messages with Bitcoin-Qt
This is only an example as the message contents for this situation is different from what Ken will require you to put in the message field (most likely number of shares transferred instead of shipping address) but the result is the same as you want to generate a signature string associated with your PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS that you will send to Ken when the time comes:

The message signing process is to prove you own a certain bitcoin address.

If using bitcoin-qt:
Click file, then sign message:

A new secure message window will open:
In line 1 - enter your PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS you sent the shares from on BitFunder
In line 2 - construct a detailed message about the number of shares you transferred, timestamp, etc.
Then click the button labeled Sign Message (3)

After you click that button, you will get this message:

Field 1-PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS that you used in line 1  (this is the address recorded as your BitFunder account number)
Field 2-message entered in line 2 (number of shares you transferred, timestamp, etc.)
Field 3-signature that bitcoin-qt populated.

At some point, when asked, you will copy/paste all three of the above fields contents and PM this to Ken.
Ken will use these 3 pieces of information, in the verify tab, to confirm that all the information is correct.

Do not make any of the info public.  Make sure everything is copy and pasted verbatim.  
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:51:27 PM

That is the whole point behind being able to sign a message with your BF bitcoin address.
Only someone who controls the wallet with that address can sign the message.

to make it simple, say:-

i took screenshots as prove, etc.

then some person steals my screenshots on computer and signs a new generated bitcoin address with username and share number as seen on screenshot.

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

You can't trade transferred shares obviously.

The asset list he will obtain will be after the trading is frozen.

Only a signature from the asset list can be used to validate ownership (Make sure you are using a valid address on bitfunder)

Asset list is here https://bitfunder.com/assetlist

Screenshots are only part of the safety measure, signing is the ultimate form of safety.

not talking about trade, but if in example, the person stole the screenshot can claim the shares with new bitcoin address, while believing ken only relies on public asset list to check the address, but is not accurate.

ok you said ken will obtain asset list after asset is frozen?
i have not heard that from ken, if so that will be far better security then public asset list he told me.

so that asset list you speak of will hold hard links between username and public address?
if so, that will calm me, superb. and there wont be a way for Mr.X person to steal or make use of stolen screenshot

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
bitmoon

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:57:20 PM

That is the whole point behind being able to sign a message with your BF bitcoin address.
Only someone who controls the wallet with that address can sign the message.

to make it simple, say:-

i took screenshots as prove, etc.

then some person steals my screenshots on computer and signs a new generated bitcoin address with username and share number as seen on screenshot.

ken, how would you verify and stop such person, if this happens in reality?  how would you check the public bitcoin address? public asset list is not accurate and changes.

example , you might not have took a record of public asset list when X person transfered and his address vanished from asset list,  then you took a record of asset list,  how would you verify with that?

You can't trade transferred shares obviously.

The asset list he will obtain will be after the trading is frozen.

Only a signature from the asset list can be used to validate ownership (Make sure you are using a valid address on bitfunder)

Asset list is here https://bitfunder.com/assetlist

Screenshots are only part of the safety measure, signing is the ultimate form of safety.

not talking about trade, but if in example, the person stole the screenshot can claim the shares with new bitcoin address, while believing ken only relies on public asset list to check the address, but is not accurate.

ok you said ken will obtain asset list after asset is frozen?
i have not heard that from ken, if so that will be far better security then public asset list he told me.

so that asset list you speak of will hold hard links between username and public address?
if so, that will calm me, superb. and there wont be a way for Mr.X person to steal or make use of stolen screenshot

cool thanks, i was confused between which list is being used public asset list and internal asset list.
the whole time i was thinking ken will be using the public asset Tongue and cant access internal one.
bitmoon

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:59:25 PM

@knybe

what happens if some one made a mistake signing a message, say a typo

can he redo and sign again? or its one time
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:24:43 AM

my shares transfer to AMC-TENDER,just like  transfer my AMC shares to activemining shares.  i trust ken !!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
knybe

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:25:10 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 12:35:16 AM by knybe

@knybe

That is a question for Ken but I would image yes… Although if you are copy/pasting the information verbatim, then there will be no mistake.
granitemouse

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:37:20 AM

Boy, how much do we all hope this is going to be the last we have to deal with transferring shares and all the questions that come from that. Hoping for some colored coins coming around the bend soon.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 12:55:39 AM

@knybe

That is a question for Ken but I would image yes… Although if you are copy/pasting the information verbatim, then there will be no mistake.

No problem, we will give all investors all the chances to prove they own the shares.  We don't want anyone to lose any of our shares.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:04:39 AM

So is it still necessary to transfer the shares in BF or (now that BF is closing) is it just a case of sending an email with a signed message?
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:09:09 AM

@knybe

No problem, we will give all investors all the chances to prove they own the shares.  We don't want anyone to lose any of our shares.

Thanks Ken. Any updates in regards to how the future looks with how shares will be traded? If you can give us little bit of information it would be helpful.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 01:20:14 AM

@knybe

Thanks Ken. Any updates in regards to how the future looks with how shares will be traded? If you can give us little bit of information it would be helpful.

We are working on the details at the moment.  We want our shares to be trade-able, within the legal limits of the law.
arousedrhino

Activity: 347

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 01:39:26 AM

Just transferred my shares to AMC-TENDER. I hope to end my Bitfunder experience soon. Why on earth did I even bother to get my WeExchange account verified.  :-(

Does anybody know if I can somehow delete the documents and data that are unfortunately stored at WeExchange right know?

I'm in the same boat and want these digital copies destroyed.

Why are you concerned now and you weren't when you submitted them?
bitmoon

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:31:20 AM

okay I've reconstructed an old post from CanaryInTheMine regarding how to sign messages with Bitcoin-Qt
This is only an example as the message contents for this situation is different from what Ken will require you to put in the message field (most likely number of shares transferred instead of shipping address) but the result is the same as you want to generate a signature string associated with your PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS that you will send to Ken when the time comes:

The message signing process is to prove you own a certain bitcoin address.

If using bitcoin-qt:
Click file, then sign message:

A new secure message window will open:
In line 1 - enter your PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS you sent the shares from on BitFunder
In line 2 - construct a detailed message about the number of shares you transferred, timestamp, etc.
Then click the button labeled Sign Message (3)

After you click that button, you will get this message:

Field 1-PUBLIC BITCOIN ADDRESS that you used in line 1  (this is the address recorded as your BitFunder account number)
Field 2-message entered in line 2 (number of shares you transferred, timestamp, etc.)
Field 3-signature that bitcoin-qt populated.

At some point, when asked, you will copy/paste all three of the above fields contents and PM this to Ken.
Ken will use these 3 pieces of information, in the verify tab, to confirm that all the information is correct.

Do not make any of the info public.  Make sure everything is copy and pasted verbatim.  

pm-ing ken all field defeats the purpose of verifying.

i believe you only need pm the signature, once asked, and ken uses his transaction log which contain the info pieces that he told you to sign with it in first place

edit: in correct format, if he asks
knybe

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:35:53 AM

pm-ing ken all field defeats the purpose of verifying.

i believe you only need pm the signature, once asked, and ken uses his transaction log which contain the info pieces that he told you to sign with it in first place

edit: in correct format, if he asks

there's no need to analyze or debate this, it's just an example for the sake of learning how it works. Ken may do it totally different.
Nootnewbie

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:27:01 AM

Do we still expect a P/L statement to be announced next week?

Effayy

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:31:45 AM

Step-By-Step Guide to Tendering Shares to ActiveMining

So I figured I'd do this for those who have absolutely no idea.  I realize that most of us DO know what we're doing, but there's no point in having people left behind because they're too afraid to ask.

I use bitcoin-qt for my Bitcoin dealings. I don't have much trust in the online wallets at this point, so I'll provide steps based on what I know.  If you would prefer to use another wallet, do your research and don't be afraid to ask questions to determine if it is right for you.  For example, make sure you can sign messages from whatever client you intend to use.

Part 1.  Bitcoin-qt

1. Google for and install the official bitcoin-qt client on your computer.  In fact, just to save you some time, go here: http://bitcoin.org/en/download

2. Once the software is installed, run it.  It will create a local wallet.dat file for you among other things.  This wallet.dat file is what stores your bitcoin addresses, balances, etc.  Never lose this file.  This is important.  You lose the file you lose your Scrooge McDuck riches.  Simple as that.  Also note that the client will start to download the entire blockchain.  It weighs in at 10+ gigs right now. If you have a terribly sucky low-bandwidth cap service from your ISP, just bear in mind that this could up your numbers.

3. First and foremost. SECURE YOUR WALLET!  Here's how...

- Under the "Settings" menu item, click "Encrypt Wallet"

- Enter a passphrase.  This is possibly the most important password you'll ever enter. Please ensure it's STRONG.  10+ characters, random letters numbers and symbols. add caps.  For example:  "yT658!{93%$#uyhgjKIyshI"  ... Write this down somewhere and keep it safe!

4. Go to the "Receive" tab.

5. Click on "New Address" at the bottom-left

6. Enter an appropriate name for this address so you know what it represents.  When you click Ok, a new address will be generated for this account.

7. You should now see the account you created with it's address in the grid. Congrats.

Part 2.  BitFunder

1. Log in to BitFunder.com

2. Go to "Settings" in the upper-right hand corner.

3. Under "Public Bitcoin Address" on the right side, copy and paste the newly created address from bitcoin-qt into the new address field.  Double-check to ensure you're copying the right address!

4. After saving the public address, click on the "Transfer" menu item on the left-hand menu.

5. Enter the appropriate information on the transfer screen. make sure to enter ALL shares you own of ActiveMining into the "Share Amount" field.  no use in keeping any of them around BitFunder now.  Oh, I already tendered mine, so sorry for the sloppy paint job. Worth a chuckle at least, right? Wink

NOTE: make sure you get the user name correct!  It's "AMC-TENDER". No spaces!

6. Once you click the "Transfer!" button, that's it that's all.  make sure you get your info right before you click.  If your palms are sweating, good!

7. Click on the "Transactions" menu item. You'll see the latest transaction history menu item reads "Send Transfer To: AMC-TENDER" along with the number of shares you transfered.  TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF THIS PAGE AND SAVE IT!  The entire browser window.  ALL of it. Include the blue bar at the top too with your username.  This will be helpful in case there are complications in the future.

Well that's it.  Message signing was already covered, and we don't really have official word on what to do yet from Ken, so just complete this guide and hang tight for more info when it's time.

Hopefully this helped a few of you anyway.  If I missed something, let me know.

BTC: 1FJ6nP3BmEDrpGZP5UtaGUrssV3A6rnhpU
Atompeace

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:53:47 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 05:04:23 AM by Atompeace

why should I send all my shares to a person I don't know? Who is AMC-TENDER?

Ok, now I got that it's an official posting. - Ok! I will do that now.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:42:25 AM

Just transferred my shares to AMC-TENDER. I hope to end my Bitfunder experience soon. Why on earth did I even bother to get my WeExchange account verified.  :-(

Does anybody know if I can somehow delete the documents and data that are unfortunately stored at WeExchange right know?

I'm in the same boat and want these digital copies destroyed.

Why are you concerned now and you weren't when you submitted them?

That is a good question.  I did have concerns about uploading them and decided to take the risk in order to prevent myself from being locked out of trading.

Wanting them deleted now is an attempt to limit exposure in the hope that the shorter time they are on the server, the lower the chances of foul play.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:18:32 AM

I just want this crap to be over with and get the mining going to get the share price back up.
Pages: « 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... 508 »
  Print  

Jump to: