Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:58:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 294 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HoboNickels - HBN - High Fast Stake - Version 2.0! More Secure, Less Intensive  (Read 478619 times)
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:04:34 AM

Hi
   I have 3 minning rigs all running on one LAN

Now if i want to Solo mine hbn straight to a wallet do i have to install the wallet on each of the minning pc's or can i install the wallet just once on a 4th pc and have the 3 minners use the one wallet on the 4th pc 

thanks
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:56:09 AM

Hi

Now if i want to Solo mine hbn straight to a wallet do i have to install the wallet on each of the minning pc's or can i install the wallet just once on a 4th pc and have the 3 minners use the one wallet on the 4th pc  

thanks

You need to have one pc (not on the miners) running the client

in the HoboNickels.con file of that pc running the client, you should add the rpcallowip= for each ip of your rigs (if you are on the same subnet, I believe you can use wildcards like rpcallowip=192.168.1.*).  If you are behind a router, you only need to put your public IP there.

Then on your rigs, simply add a pool and put the IP as the url from the pc running the client and the rpcport= (like URL:PORT) the username password will be the rpcusername= and rpcpassword= from that same config file

Newly mined block rewards will be on the wallet from that pc, you can then transfer those coins back to your main wallet when they mature.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:10:50 PM

Tranz I don't quite understand why you need to specify that you want 500 keys assigned when you create a wallet. I did not do this (I didn't specify anything I just created a second wallet using buttons/menus not by typing commands. Am I going to run into a problem?
semajjames

Activity: 528

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:50:02 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2014, 03:13:14 PM by semajjames

Hi

thanks

in the HoboNickels.con file of that pc running the client, you should add the rpcallowip= for each ip of your rigs (if you are on the same subnet, I believe you can use wildcards like rpcallowip=192.168.1.*).  If you are behind a router, you only need to put your public IP there.

Then on your rigs, simply add a pool and put the IP as the url from the pc running the client and the rpcport= (like URL:PORT) the username password will be the rpcusername= and rpcpassword= from that same config file

Newly mined block rewards will be on the wallet from that pc, you can then transfer those coins back to your main wallet when they mature.

thanks
in this .conf file why is there two different ports OR is it a mistake

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=*your hobo name*
rpcpassword=*Your hobo  quote*
port=7372
rpcport=7373
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=5.249.152.30
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 05:01:34 PM

Hi

thanks

thanks

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=*your hobo name*
port=7372
rpcport=7373
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=5.249.152.30

not a mistake
7373 is the port you solo with
unick

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:52:49 PM

Hi

thanks

thanks

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=*your hobo name*
port=7372
rpcport=7373
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=5.249.152.30

not a mistake
7373 is the port you solo with

that's correct, you need to point your miners to the IP:rpcport of the wallet described above. The other port setting is for the listening port connecting to other nodes on the network.

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
brother3

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:45:09 AM

My first stake ever !  Feels like a proud papa  Grin

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:12:37 AM

My first stake ever !  Feels like a proud papa  Grin

My first stake I remember thinking "it worked, it actually worked!"

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052

May the force bit with you.

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:16:06 AM

Tranz I don't quite understand why you need to specify that you want 500 keys assigned when you create a wallet. I did not do this (I didn't specify anything I just created a second wallet using buttons/menus not by typing commands. Am I going to run into a problem?

Most likely no.. Especially if are primarily staking and not much sending/receiving. You can always top up the keypool and then back it up. The larger the keypool the more keys are in you wallet, the more transactions it can do before it is necessary to back it up again.

This applies for every coin out there.

HBN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303749.0 hobonickels.info
Personal Donations: F1TranzWqFGZyFeTMu6iLbtTQgdXuJPsiL
Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
dogechode

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

Most likely no.. Especially if are primarily staking and not much sending/receiving. You can always top up the keypool and then back it up. The larger the keypool the more keys are in you wallet, the more transactions it can do before it is necessary to back it up again.

When you say back it up, do you mean back up the wallet? I back up all my wallets obsessively. Does backing it up do something related to the keys? Sorry I really am not familiar with the inner workings of coin wallets...
unick

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:33:57 PM

When you say back it up, do you mean back up the wallet? I back up all my wallets obsessively. Does backing it up do something related to the keys? Sorry I really am not familiar with the inner workings of coin wallets...

yes.

When you ask for a new address in the client, it does not create a new address on the fly, it takes it from the key pool most likely generated when you first created your wallet.  By default it creates 100 addresses (or 101, I'm not sure). 

If you always reuse the same address, you'll never use up all the keypool's addresses. But if you need let's say 200 addresses, you need to generate the missing addresses.

What happens is that the keypool will now contain 200 addresses but your backup will still have only 100 addresses.  Now if something goes wrong and you used addresses between 100 and 200. They won't be backed up and you might lose the coins sent to those address.

That's why Tranz said that when you generate a new set of addresses, it is good practice to back up the wallet right after they have been generated to make sure you have in a safe place all your private/public key pair.

Try to play with the RPC command dumpwallet. You will visually see in a text file, all your keys and this will make more sense.  It's also a nice way to print out your keypool and physically store it in a safe place.

tricass

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

Crypto enthusiast

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

tranz,

wanted to get your opinion on Reddcoin's new innovation Proof of Stake Velocity (PoSV)

dogechode

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

tranz,

wanted to get your opinion on Reddcoin's new innovation Proof of Stake Velocity (PoSV)

I wouldn't get too excited about it. They can't seem to provide any meaningful information in the "whitepapers" and when questioned about the basic functionality they explain like a politician.

They have been asked if their system would just encourage people to send coins back and forth between addresses they control, and the response was basically "oh no they won't need to do that, there wouldn't be a reason to" but then they say "the system rewards users who make transactions." So in other words this garbage will launch, and people will just send back and forth between their own addresses and abuse it, and the whole thing will be a clusterfuck.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:30:14 PM

Try to play with the RPC command dumpwallet. You will visually see in a text file, all your keys and this will make more sense.  It's also a nice way to print out your keypool and physically store it in a safe place.

dumpwallet is a good way to see your keys. This is also in the GUI under File->Export Wallet

Donations to the HBN Fund: EhbNfund4PrRFLHMxsnbGLhP25hizJGHEE or 1LVFtCX4a83dMLjd8S7imKKKC58QaG83kw
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

tranz,

I wouldn't get too excited about it. They can't seem to provide any meaningful information in the "whitepapers" and when questioned about the basic functionality they explain like a politician.

They have been asked if their system would just encourage people to send coins back and forth between addresses they control, and the response was basically "oh no they won't need to do that, there wouldn't be a reason to" but then they say "the system rewards users who make transactions." So in other words this garbage will launch, and people will just send back and forth between their own addresses and abuse it, and the whole thing will be a clusterfuck.

Once the code is released, I'll have a look.  But if it is anything like rewarding people for sending coins, all you are going to get a bloated block chain.

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:09:02 AM

tranz,

Once the code is released, I'll have a look.  But if it is anything like rewarding people for sending coins, all you are going to get a bloated block chain.

The last thing HBN needs is adding more bloat to the chain. I was thinking about txcomments but then got to thinking that it adds extra bloat.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
brother3

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:54:44 AM

tranz,

I can't believe they call that "innovation"!!!
What a freakin' mess  Grin
dogechode

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:25:06 AM

I can't believe they call that "innovation"!!!
What a freakin' mess  Grin

Hey don't get me wrong, if they have some valid explanation of how it is actually some amazing revolutionary new thing, I am more than willing to hear it. But the papers they released are a joke and when questioned about basic things they just deflect/ignore.
Tranz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:08:36 AM

tranz,

The last thing HBN needs is adding more bloat to the chain. I was thinking about txcomments but then got to thinking that it adds extra bloat.

HBN is actually doing fairly well regarding block chain size.  Heading in on close to a year and just pushing 400meg size.    Also closing in on 1 million blocks.    So the size is good overall, just many small blocks.  I think this is a better problem to have then lower number of blocks, but bigger in size.

emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 07:37:24 AM

The new wallet 1.4.0.0 keeps crashing. I tried redownloading the blockchain several times, and after a while the wallet crashes. Anyone any ideas?
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 294 »
  Print  

Jump to: