Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:40:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446023 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 01:56:55 PM

I think we might need another exchange.

Apparently cryptsy is insolvent or is having problems. I have a "moderate" amount of bitcoin missing from there (not going to lose sleep over it) but others are having much worse problems and the chat admins are banning people for bringing it up.

My support ticket has gone unanswered after being told there's some sort of difficulty with btc withdrawals.

I think Poloniex would be fine as previous users have mentioned it. Let's make it happen.

I'm also having trouble withdrawing from there. I bought 16K tek and can't get it off cryptsy. I guess the good thing is I did get 100K tek off cryptsy and into my wallet just before these troubles.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a_cat_named_joe

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:16:38 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 02:57:33 AM by a_cat_named_joe

I'm also having trouble withdrawing from there. I bought 16K tek and can't get it off cryptsy. I guess the good thing is I did get 100K tek off cryptsy and into my wallet just before these troubles.

Yeah, I can no longer withdraw from there, "citing fake info". Lost about $50 at the time of this writing in USD equivalent.

16k tek is still a nice chunk of change, hopefully they won't freeze your account like cryptsy pricks did to mine, and you can pull out.

I wasn't into bitcoin when MT. Gox went kaput. I don't want to be around cryptsy when it goes the way of the dodo as well.

Edit: Might try using https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=TEK_BTC now. Volume is low but maybe some of us can change that. I'll be using it when the time comes until other alternatives come along, if they do.
I think we might need another exchange.

Apparently cryptsy is insolvent or is having problems. I have a "moderate" amount of bitcoin missing from there (not going to lose sleep over it) but others are having much worse problems and the chat admins are banning people for bringing it up.

My support ticket has gone unanswered after being told there's some sort of difficulty with btc withdrawals.

I think Poloniex would be fine as previous users have mentioned it. Let's make it happen.

I successfully deposited BTC and did several withdrawals on Cryptsy today without too many problems. I think that they are suffering from complications due to the the high number of coins that they have taken on. My experience is that the folks at Cryptsy are basically honest, but painfully slow sometimes, perhaps far too often for comfort. Even so, I'd like them to continue as a mainstay exchange.

It's no secret that I favour Cryptopia as an alternative exchange for Tek and other altcoins. I like Yobit too - they transact ... fast! Let's get Tek listed there too.    Wink
Joebwan

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:37:38 PM

I have never had issues with Cryptsy, and have had many transactions through them, with many types of Alt-coin. It would be nice to have other choices, but not so everyone can jump ship.

Another vote here for the hard fork.  If folks are too lazy to use coin control to combine coins and reduce the number of staking transactions to help the community keep the POS difficulty down for the rest of us, maybe they shouldn't stake.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 03:56:55 PM

I have never had issues with Cryptsy, and have had many transactions through them, with many types of Alt-coin. It would be nice to have other choices, but not so everyone can jump ship.

Some have problems, others don't.  Either way, there's obviously something rotten in that bunch.  Maybe the business, maybe the code...  don't know.

I'm not advocating to jump ship... well... yes I am so forget that... Cryptsy needs to read the book Who Moved My Cheese and either fix their Craptsy site or lose it.

Another vote here for the hard fork.  If folks are too lazy to use coin control to combine coins and reduce the number of staking transactions to help the community keep the POS difficulty down for the rest of us, maybe they shouldn't stake.

That's pretty much my stance.

This space not for rent...
gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 05:57:02 PM

Some have problems, others don't.  Either way, there's obviously something rotten in that bunch.  Maybe the business, maybe the code...  don't know.

I'm not advocating to jump ship... well... yes I am so forget that... Cryptsy needs to read the book Who Moved My Cheese and either fix their Craptsy site or lose it.

Another vote here for the hard fork.  If folks are too lazy to use coin control to combine coins and reduce the number of staking transactions to help the community keep the POS difficulty down for the rest of us, maybe they shouldn't stake.

That's pretty much my stance.

If the protocol lets people to manipulate, then everybody is ok to do whatever the coin allowes!
..but if the 99% of the community is unhappy with some of the rules - then the hardfork is a must
peace

Joebwan

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:33:47 PM

Great book!  Him...Haw...
I really am not waving the banner for Cryptsy, healthy competition is always welcome. I suspect that Cryptsy is having growing pains, which they will work through if they intend to continue to be the 800lbs gorilla in the exchange industry.  By all means, let's get Tek on some other exchanges, my point is that if we all just go elsewhere, we may find our new choice has to grow too, and more pain.

Yo! Big Vern! are you listening??

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Joebwan

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:40:54 PM

Does anyone know where I can consistently receive POS difficulty?  My wallet will sometimes show the POW and sometimes the POS when I hover the mouse over the green checkmark in the lower right corner. It is a crap shoot what I will see. Words of wisdom?

It is not urgent, just a minor inconvenience. 

gribgo

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 01:52:20 PM

Does anyone know where I can consistently receive POS difficulty?  My wallet will sometimes show the POW and sometimes the POS when I hover the mouse over the green checkmark in the lower right corner. It is a crap shoot what I will see. Words of wisdom?

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/TEK/index.php

also if you.. first go to Help -> Debug Window -> Console ..then type getdifficulty then press Enter Smiley
you will see POS difficuly
peace!

Joebwan

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:00:11 PM

Does anyone know where I can consistently receive POS difficulty?  My wallet will sometimes show the POW and sometimes the POS when I hover the mouse over the green checkmark in the lower right corner. It is a crap shoot what I will see. Words of wisdom?

Ah! Very nice. Thank you.
I did a request at poloniex, we would need others to do the same if we wish to be taken seriously.

gribgo

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 02:03:08 PM

Does anyone know where I can consistently receive POS difficulty?  My wallet will sometimes show the POW and sometimes the POS when I hover the mouse over the green checkmark in the lower right corner. It is a crap shoot what I will see. Words of wisdom?

Ah! very nice. Thank you.
I did a request a poloniex, we would need other to do the same if we wish to be taken seriously.

We had Tek listed on some other exchanges and guess what? trading volume was just zero, but not at Cryptsy Smiley

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:22:34 AM

Stepping on SOAP BOX,
What makes the Governments think they have a right to know how much of anything you own in the Real or Virtual Worlds.
There was no clause setup for their right to spy on their citizens in the original US Constitution, in fact it was the opposite.
The original founders knew without privacy there can be no freedom.
The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

The above amendment is being totally ignored, which should tell you the US is more dictatorship than democracy.
The right to property & privacy is being ignored , Ann Rand predictions have been coming true for years. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged)
Civil Forfeiture : http://endforfeiture.com/
Stepping off Soap Box.

Cool

Small point of correction, the US is a Republic, not a democracy, but we get your point.
[/quote]Major point of correction. The US WAS  a republic prior to the 17th amendment to the constitution, and is now a democratically elected Oligarchy. With the abolition in all but name of the Senate, the Republic ended.
Couldbe

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:14:02 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 03:52:50 PM by Couldbe

Stepping on SOAP BOX,
What makes the Governments think they have a right to know how much of anything you own in the Real or Virtual Worlds.
There was no clause setup for their right to spy on their citizens in the original US Constitution, in fact it was the opposite.
The original founders knew without privacy there can be no freedom.
The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

The above amendment is being totally ignored, which should tell you the US is more dictatorship than democracy.
The right to property & privacy is being ignored , Ann Rand predictions have been coming true for years. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged)
Civil Forfeiture : http://endforfeiture.com/
Stepping off Soap Box.

Cool
Small point of correction, the US is a Republic, not a democracy, but we get your point.
Major point of correction. The US WAS  a republic prior to the 17th amendment to the constitution, and is now a democratically elected Oligarchy. With the abolition in all but name of the Senate, the Republic ended.

From Couldbe to Biomech (the quote facility doesn't seem to be working properly and my reply is encapsulated within Biomech's wordspace!):

I would also add that, contrary to common perception, the UK is not a democracy either, but a monarchy, which still retains a certain amount of latent power. Parliament is not as supreme as it claims to be, and I would argue that this could be a good thing. Heirarchies are a fact of life throughout the natural world. Sometimes we have to accept them and get on with it, or avoid them. They eventually take care of each other by strangling themselves with greed. The meek sometimes do inherit the earth.

Bitcoin and other altcoins are steadily becoming prone to centralisation. It might be viewed that some POS coins are contolled by oligarchies. I hope that this doesn't happen to Tek and HBN. I think HoboNickels is safe for now, but Tek ... well I think we're all aware of issues surrounding the control of Tek difficulty. Let's hope Thundertoe comes up with something good in the promised fork.

Regarding Ayn Rand: she has actually been credited by leading developers with being an influence on the creation of the Blockchain. Fascinating how things come around.
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 03:43:07 PM

I would also add that, contrary to common perception, the UK is not a democracy either, but a monarchy, which still retains a certain amount of latent power. Parliament is not as supreme as it claims to be, and I would argue that this could be a good thing. Heirarchies are a fact of life throughout the natural world. Sometimes we have to accept them and get on with it, or avoid them. They eventually take care of each other by strangling themselves with greed. The meek sometimes do inherit the earth.

Indeed. Decentralization and open source software puts control back into the hands of everyone where it should be. A true revolution. Don't like how Bitcoin is evolving? Make something better. No one can usurp control of decentralized finance as long as the internet is unconstrained. Therefore, we must work towards a decentralized internet. Is there a coin for that yet?
Couldbe

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:51:58 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 08:50:25 PM by Couldbe

Indeed. Decentralization and open source software puts control back into the hands of everyone where it should be. A true revolution. Don't like how Bitcoin is evolving? Make something better. No one can usurp control of decentralized finance as long as the internet is unconstrained. Therefore, we must work towards a decentralized internet. Is there a coin for that yet?

Human beings are only human. The same person has not only a capacity for selfishness, but also a capacity for altruism. This duality also echoes throughout nature. If there was a coin, or some other panacea, then you can bet your bottom dollar that heirarchies/oligarchies will form within that sphere. We have to ask ourselves what we are trying to do with new blockchain technologies. Do we want to change the system, going into an unknown future where the worst could happen? Or, do we simply want a degree of stability in an uncertain world? Or, ... etc. etc.

Blockchain technologies can be used for good, or ill. In the meantime, I wonder how Thundertoe is getting on with his planned fork!
vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 06:02:10 AM

Yes, sort of, there's a SuperNET project working on that now, "SuperMESH"

https://nxtforum.org/nxtservices-releases/spacemesh-org-and-supermesh-io-asset/
Couldbe

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:16:47 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 04:44:39 PM by Couldbe

Something weird has been happening to Blockchain syncing over the last couple of hours. The POS difficulty is down to 0.00006103, but the remaining blocks to sync number keeps on going up and down. Theoretically it should be possible to mint at the near maximum of 40%. The number of active nodes is now low and dropped down to one several times a few minutes ago. I've been trying to sync for several hours.

PressTab's explorer is offline, and has been so for some time. Last time I connected with it live was approximately 12 hours ago. It had been showing that POW mining input was non-existent. I did successfully mint at that time with a yield of around 33%.

I have more coins that are mature, but don't want to open staking until syncing with the Blockchain is stable. Can anyone throw light on this?

EDIT: Shortly after posting this, the syncing problem cleared up and I minted my stake almost immediately. PressTab's explorer is still offline, but I can confirm that the difficulty is still currently in the 0.00006 range, meaning that near maximum staking is possible at this time. Check before staking though.
Couldbe

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:55:27 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2015, 08:11:00 PM by Couldbe

30% is a good return for 30 days, as is 12%, which is the lowest I've seen it. I think we are spoilt by High Stake Tek! The main thing is that you are guarranteed something shortly after maturation, unless your stake is abnormally small. Tekcoin staking is easy, only lately you have to be difficulty aware to maximise while the new fork comes into place. 40%, or 12%, very few coins give such a good return.  Wink

vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

May be TEK split into 2 blockchain?

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
noise23
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:13:02 PM

May be TEK split into 2 blockchain?
Why do you think so?

Anyway, you can check it -
Code:
getblockhash 1279841
should be
Code:
7f1d1ae088c739c200f986868474f4a7552500ebfb7cd1a25ba48ad0882f4a13
vampirus

Activity: 982
Merit: 517

Nature decays, but Latinum lasts forever. RoA:102

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:37:53 PM

Because when synching last 7000 blocks in log file I have many lines like:

Misbehaving: 98.196.176.136:8514 (0 -> 100) DISCONNECTING

and
received block 553aaee668bf9d239608
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=4049257fc391daf24b0b

and
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : block with too little proof-of-stake

SCIFIKEDGPLCAPS
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: