Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:22:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OSMIUMCOIN

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 06:43:50 PM

really good job! do not fotget to give us the address for the bounty you asked for Smiley
peace
[/quote]

my address Tek BZYSqxKK29KUAsuTTGSZkkrgWuRSBNTakv

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hetecon

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 10:19:00 PM

What is going on with that fork which was planned to take place soon?

Why can nobody answer this?

Enema

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 12:35:09 AM

Good question.
Tek team has been silent for a while now...
What's the problem guys ?

hetecon

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 05:56:06 AM

Good question.

Has the TEK team still been here?

gribgo

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 03:42:56 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2015, 07:27:03 PM by gribgo

Good question.

Has the TEK team still been here?

Hi.. We have Super BIOMECH here.. he can contact any instance in the universe.. so I guess.. if we can ask him to bring on some clearity to the mist
Thundertoe is summoned here! (that was my try of some magick Smiley
peace

thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:47:16 PM

I am around,  i have been distracted with some non TEKcoin issues lately but i have talked with noise23 who is working on the code.  Hopefully it should be done soon and then we then get TEKcoin on some new exchanges.
gribgo

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 07:28:37 PM

I am around,  i have been distracted with some non TEKcoin issues lately but i have talked with noise23 who is working on the code.  Hopefully it should be done soon and then we then get TEKcoin on some new exchanges.

Bter? or Bittrex?

hetecon

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 08:12:02 PM

ty for updating us the status

Joebwan

Activity: 223

Deep - Deeper - DeepOnion!

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:16:07 AM

Thanks Thundertoe.
Also good to see the latest dump coming to an end. prices creeping back up.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DashCoinInfo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:25:09 AM

Wanted to scoop up TEK for a while, looks like a good entry point,
gribgo

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:51:51 AM

Thanks Thundertoe.
Also good to see the latest dump coming to an end. prices creeping back up.

100% true statement!!!

Joebwan

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:27:11 PM

I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gribgo

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:54:50 PM

I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

Try quit and run again.
peace

Joebwan

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:19:26 PM

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ive done the "get out of the car, run around it 2 or 3 times, restart the car" routine.
I was hoping for some help from someone with some real experience. Not the peanut gallery.

Dave-ja-vu

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:42:54 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 06:21:43 PM by Dave-ja-vu

I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ive done the "get out of the car, run around it 2 or 3 times, restart the car" routine.
I was hoping for some help from someone with some real experience. Not the peanut gallery.

Ah, but have you tried:

1) running around the car 4 times? If that doesn't work, keep on adding to the number of times of running around the car and repeating the routine. I guarantee that after 70, or so, years of doing that you won't have a problem; and 2) buy a PC.

If you want real help, try to manage your attitude problem. Based on the sparse information that you gave, plus the fact that your profile at this time states that you are a Newbie, the advice that Grigbo volunteered is a good, basic, solid piece of advice to give in the first instance.

I was appalled at you insulting a Good Samaritan who bothered to stop by to help you. That was ignorant and uncalled for. Another thing: if you put peanuts in, don't expect much out.

gribgo

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 04:19:13 PM

I believe I have a stuck Sync. Can anyone help?  I am running a mac and the tekcoin wallet version is: v2.1.1.0-gf96a5a-noise23

Try quit and run again.
peace

So.. did you solve the problem? the wallet just synced by its self?
Sometimes it looks like its stuck.. but still syncing and restarting the wallet helped me in exact same situation..
peace

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:19:39 PM

Try quit and run again.
peace

I ran into this just the other day. This is gonna sound peanut galleryish, but I just left it overnight after the two restarts, and by morning it had cleared up. This is not Mac, though, so I don't know how useful it is to you.
Joebwan

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:15:58 AM

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ah, but have you tried:

1) running around the car 4 times? If that doesn't work, keep on adding to the number of times of running around the car and repeating the routine. I guarantee that after 70, or so, years of doing that you won't have a problem; and 2) buy a PC.

If you want real help, try to manage your attitude problem. Based on the sparse information that you gave, plus the fact that your profile at this time states that you are a Newbie, the advice that Grigbo volunteered is a good, basic, solid piece of advice to give in the first instance.

I was appalled at you insulting a Good Samaritan who bothered to stop by to help you. That was ignorant and uncalled for. Another thing: if you put peanuts in, don't expect much out.

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

Your comments are also ignorant and uncalled for, so apparently, I am in good company. Since you seem compelled to be the self proclaimed moderator, perhaps you would be so kind as to paraphrase what I should have said. We are listening! You were appalled? So sorry! I should be purged! Well maybe I am appalled by your being appalled because you read too much into what I said. How dare you be so insulting? Maybe YOU should be purged!

Biotech, I would like to offer sincere thanks for your advice. Maybe low tech, but certainly worth a try. Some times simple is good.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Dave-ja-vu

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:52:30 AM

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ah, but have you tried:

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

Your comments are also ignorant and uncalled for, so apparently, I am in good company. Since you seem compelled to be the self proclaimed moderator, perhaps you would be so kind as to paraphrase what I should have said. We are listening! You were appalled? So sorry! I should be purged! Well maybe I am appalled by your being appalled because you read too much into what I said. How dare you be so insulting? Maybe YOU should be purged!

Biotech, I would like to offer sincere thanks for your advice. Maybe low tech, but certainly worth a try. Some times simple is good.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Without wishing to give you a lecture in English comprehension, I was giving you a taste of your own medicine ... but you seem to be too stupid to realise it. Not nice is it?
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:06:05 AM

Try quit and run again.
peace

Ah, but have you tried:

Well that is just great.  Because I am a "newbie" and I have to put up with the "advice" from Grigio, and now lectures on etiquette from someone who is even less helpful, and less knowledgeable, maybe I am just now worthy of intelligent help, and I should just live with things the way they are. Or maybe, the old adage, "if you don't have anything intelligent to ad, keep your dumb mouth shut" applies here.  If the best you have is "buy a PC" maybe you should go to work for Geek Squad. That is about what I would expect from the likes of them.

I would be certainly grateful for any other advice "beyond buy a PC".  I am considering deleting the block chain and reloading, I have just been hesitant to do so, as I have a sizable number of coin in my wallet ready to stake, and didn't want to risk messing that up.

Bitcointalk is Mos Eisely. It's best to have a VERY thick skin here Cheesy Grigbo is actually a decent guy, and it was a good first response.

As to redownloading the blockchain, with a few precautions, it won't affect your staking other than the time it takes to do it. (which will lead to slightly larger staking if the coins are already mature, so, no biggie). This has been posted elsewhere in the thread, but I don't feel like looking it up. I'll just go through the basics.

First off, use the bootstrap that's in the OP. There are some issues with downloading a fresh chain at about the time of the last fork which can sometime freeze the sync. Not guaranteed to do so, but it's easier with the bootstrap.

Before doing ANYTHING to the block chain files, make at least one backup of wallet.dat. I'm paranoid, and usually back one up to the cloud, one to the same drive, and one to a flash drive. Multiple redundancy is a lifesaver.

After doing that, go to your data directory (I'm not certain what that is on a Mac), and delete everything.

Copy the bootstrap.dat file in.

Fire up your client or daemon, and go watch a game or something. You have several hours, possibly as long as a couple of days before it fully syncs.

Optional: If you want to have full tx data on the whole freakin' chain, add txindex=1 to your tekcoin.conf file. Normally, it only indexes YOUR transactions, but with that flag you're essentially a block explorer unto yourself. The upside is obvious, the downside is it takes WAY longer to sync.

Also, since you're new here and people tag me a lot, a bit of a disclaimer. I'm not part of the Tekcoin project, though I have assisted them with testing on several occasions, and Thundertoe is my friend. Sometimes I have inside info, but don't depend on it Cheesy

EDIT: Buy a PC Cheesy Macs are too expensive, and don't run Linux well. (I kid, I run linux and pretty much despise windows and mac both for anything to do with security.)
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: