Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:17:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:03:55 AM

Taken from the paper - there goes anonymity if you're dealing with a company based in NY State...

Records of Virtual Currency transactions. Each Licensee shall maintain the following information for all transactions involving the payment, receipt, exchange or conversion, purchase, sale, transfer, or transmission of Virtual Currency: the identity and physical addresses of the parties involved, the amount or value of the transaction, including in what denomination purchased, sold, or transferred, the method of payment, the date(s) on which the transaction was initiated and completed, and a description of the transaction.
(2) Reports on transactions. When a Licensee is involved in a transaction or series of transactions for the receipt, exchange, conversion, purchase, sale, transfer, or transmission of Virtual Currency, in an aggregate amount exceeding the United States dollar value of $10,000 in one day, by one Person, the Licensee shall notify the Department, in a manner prescribed by the superintendent, within 24 hours.

And theState also takes a fee for providing a licence...

This astonishing snippet has been posted too:

"One particularly controversial aspect of the law appears to ban the creation of any new cryptocurrency by an unlicensed entity. This would not only put a stop to virtual currency innovation (other Bitcoin-like monies include Litecoin, Peercoin, and the mostly satirical Dogecoin) but could theoretically put Bitcoin’s anonymous creator, known by the name Satoshi Nakamoto, in danger of prosecution if he failed to apply for a BitLicense."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699600.msg7915278#msg7915278

Disgusting, if true.

What they want and what they'll get are two different things.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:03:07 PM

What they want and what they'll get are two different things.

Agreed, but they can ruin a lot of lives while they thrash about - I'm reflecting on disastrous policies such as prohibition, drug wars, military drafts, bankster bailouts - on and on. Meddlers gotta meddle.

My guess is that society is in the early stages of finding ways to ignore the meddlers through crowd-sourcing technologies. I hope it works out with minimal friction. Crypto is a step in the right direction, I think, and the oversupply of crypto wannabe coins is probably a healthy sign, even if it is a short-term nuisance. TEK has good fundamentals and stands out from the crowd for me. Best of all, nobody forces me to use it - it's my own choice.    Wink

mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:23:40 AM

Dude, TEK is awesome. Let it be and it will deliver. Any short-sighted people will come and go. That is the way it is right now. More power for us TEK holders.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:32:31 AM

Dude, TEK is awesome. Let it be and it will deliver. Any short-sighted people will come and go. That is the way it is right now. More power for us TEK holders.

I like the short sighted people Cheesy They are accelerating my plans. If you told me three weeks ago I could get over a hundred TEK for .03 BTC I'd have called you an idiot. And now I'm calling those who allowed it to happen idiots  Grin
jdhatch

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:20:18 PM

I see the hashrate is going up.  Maybe price is to follow.

Jason
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 12:37:13 AM

Richlist is down again. I would like to set up a backup website for block explorer and richlist. I would host the site if someone gave me the code. The site we have now keeps going down.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
StakeHunter

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:57:23 PM

I posted this over on the HBN thread...but I think it is applicable to all of the coins from the old guard...

But I think for HBN - or any alt from the old guard - CAP, TEK, PHS, to reach the next level we need to think about including some new features.

I was actually just thinking about it this morning as I was trying to sort through all of the various wallets I have running at any one time…

New coins are released every day. Why? Everyone is trying to "one-up" the other with new features and gizmos and widgets. Or they're simple copies with a few parameters tweaked. They're trying to attract miners and investors to become the next big thing. 

Now what if some of those devs and communities - instead of chasing after new coins - looked back at what has been produced and try to evolutionarily develop the old coins. So many of the new coins demonstrate spiral development - phase 1, 2, 17, XYZ. With promises of Tor, SMS, and making waffles. Why can't we do the same to the coins we already have with the devs that we know are capable and "in it" for the long term. 

Coins are open source - most are on GitHub. Right? What stops us from pitching into to a dev fund and requesting the devs pull these new features from the coin of the week into the coins we already have? Pick your anonymity flavor - NightSend, SuperSend, Tor, Cloak, ABCXYZ… Pick your berries and sprinkles, release a new wallet, and BAM!

Hey, I say hard fork if you have to. The base is established and I bet the switch won't be a problem. The old wood will be left behind and the new will grow stronger.

If it can be done, I bet we'll all see a return… 

Now I use "dev" in the generic sense. But I realize right now most of the older coins only have one dev to lean on. Devs are spread thin. And that is where I believe the issue lies. A dev has his priorities and I can't disagree with them - the coin is stable.

So how does a coin and a community pull more devs? So we include more features?

Is it all about the BTC? Initially perhaps for some.

Here I am talking, but I can't code beyond HTML and JS. So because I can't code I am willing to pitch in BTC or HBN...
Food for thought.
dickwhite

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:44:25 PM

But I think for HBN - or any alt from the old guard - CAP, TEK, PHS, to reach the next level we need to think about including some new features.

Yes, new features should be added if the community demands them.

On another note, I see a new crypto-asset being traded on Poloniex -- jl777hodl-(JLH). I think it would be interesting to give individuals the ability to bundle several of their staking coins into a crypto-asset that would still gather stake in an appropriate wallet or could be sent to an exchange for trade. It may increase interest and/or demand of all participating coins and open the door to investment trusts. Just a thought.
jdhatch

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:24:19 PM

You guys who are on facebook, bounce on over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TEKcoin/ and lets see if we can get a group that may have more broad appeal and interaction than just the techy bulletin boards.

Also, I am very glad to see POS instead of POF in my wallet.
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

You guys who are on facebook, bounce on over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/TEKcoin/ and lets see if we can get a group that may have more broad appeal and interaction than just the techy bulletin boards.

Also, I am very glad to see POS instead of POF in my wallet.

tweeted the facebook link from https://twitter.com/TEKcoins/status/491707718621618176
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:58:10 PM

Support the cause at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=443205.msg7977707#msg7977707 just 1 exchange for TEK is an insult!

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
jdhatch

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:22:48 AM

Thanks!
educatedwarrior

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:06:53 AM

I'm proud to be part of the tek community.   Looks like there is good support.   

Come check us out at

http://tek.cryptoculture.net    for mining.     

Also you get personal support with our ticketing system.   http://support.cryptoculture.net

Also, you are free to use our IRC chat system to correspond with other miners at IRC Freenode #cryptoculture

Have a good day!!!

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
educatedwarrior

Activity: 221

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:08:38 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 11:23:54 AM by educatedwarrior

http://tek.cryptoculture.net

Tekcoin Pool with 1% BLOCK FINDER BONUS

Why Mine with Us?
  • Single Sign-On System.  Create on account and add workers only once and use all of our pools
  • SSL Protection.   Don't get your password stolen, account hacked and coins stolen.
  • 3 Layers of DDOS Protection.   Avoid mining interruptions from jealous mining pools.
  • Customer Support Ticketing System.   You get personal service
  • Our Servers are monitored 24/7 with guaranteed 99.95% uptime
  • Excellent bandwith carriers for low latency.
Our pool has better pool luck than any pool at this point in time. Even Pools with More Hashrate.
In addition to our Block Finder Bonus - Miners earn more at Cryptoculture.Net

This is due to our very low latency internet connections.

Cryptoculture Mining Pools - http://cryptoculture.net      Follow us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/cryptoculture
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:25:24 PM

Even if you guys think it is good to have the bubble pop I am still wanting to wait 1-2 months for tek to be stable.  coin is cool prices are crazy

I am wondering when tek will be normal still.

Wow after watching TEK get pounded I am glad I never bought any.

Me too! If you don't buy it, I get it (evil grin)
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:33:35 PM

Even if you guys think it is good to have the bubble pop I am still wanting to wait 1-2 months for tek to be stable.  coin is cool prices are crazy

I am wondering when tek will be normal still.

Wow after watching TEK get pounded I am glad I never bought any.

few pages ago...   Wink Cheesy Grin

oh btw TEK is rocking tonight! climbing up the coinmarketcap now at

#49    TEKcoin   $ 421,129   $ 0.367993   1,144,394 TEK   

Good thing I got a couple hundred teks yesterday!
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:07:39 PM

I buy Tek as often as I can. Best strategy is to spread out the buys. Oh buy the way the RichList balances are not updating. Does somebody have the api for Tek I would like to write some apps for it. Just post a link that will be fine. We need to get more people involved with the coin I think some fun apps would help.

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:18:23 PM

I buy Tek as often as I can. Best strategy is to spread out the buys. Oh buy the way the RichList balances are not updating. Does somebody have the api for Tek I would like to write some apps for it. Just post a link that will be fine. We need to get more people involved with the coin I think some fun apps would help.
For the most part, it's RPC calls are the same as HBN and Bitcoin. I haven't run into any major differences so far. It's open source, repo is in the OP, and a few of us also have the 1.2 source. I do, somewhere, but I can't link it right now. However, I think some others put it up in a dropbox link a few pages back.

Tek needs more real world adoption. I'm looking into some things myself, and I will gladly collaborate with any others who are trying to support this coin.
jdhatch

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:48:49 AM

We need more public exposure and definitely more trading volume so relatively small purchases and sells do not push the price so far but only briefly.

Certainly a presence on more than one exchange and a presence as an altcoin as a form of payment would go a long long way.

We need public acceptance to get the coin more widely accepted by exchanges and payment processors BUT we need more exchanges and some payment processors to get the public confidence. 

The classic chicken/egg scenario.

I am on for the long haul, to the moon or to the basement.

Jason
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 05:26:59 AM

We need more public exposure and definitely more trading volume so relatively small purchases and sells do not push the price so far but only briefly.

Certainly a presence on more than one exchange and a presence as an altcoin as a form of payment would go a long long way.

We need public acceptance to get the coin more widely accepted by exchanges and payment processors BUT we need more exchanges and some payment processors to get the public confidence. 

The classic chicken/egg scenario.

I am on for the long haul, to the moon or to the basement.

Jason

This. Well stated, across the board.

I recommend against making a big push for mintpal, like so many coins try for. It's the burial ground of a lot of coins Tongue bittrex would be good, some of the smaller exchanges as well. And of course it never hurts to try for China Cheesy

But if it's ever going to be more than a way to gain interest on BTC, there needs to be payment processing OR, my favored option, a push to have it accepted outright as the coin of choice. Probably some combination of all of the above is best in the long run.

And hell with the basement. If we gotta ride this baby down, I'll take it all the way to   Pellucidar
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: