Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:58:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 312 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [TEK] TEKcoin Hi-PoS hybrid pos/pow no premine/ipo/ico  (Read 446020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:02:29 AM

Ok, here's the current state of affairs, and my own take on what y'all ought to do.

There is a fix in the works, I'm not a programmer so if somebody catches an error in this, it's mine, not Defaced or presstab or any of the other gentlemen working on this.

But the current state of affairs goes more or less like this, from the release forward.

Thundertoe, Defaced, and I had a testnet forked off the main chain roughly a week before the official release of the update. It worked without issues after the second attempt, so we released it.

Unfortunately, the sudden huge influx of stakes coupled with a coding oversight in NOT putting in a checkpoint caused a bunch of forks. So what we're doing now is syncing two or three wallets (I think it's three), after which an update will be released with checkpoints built in to prevent this mess.

In the meantime (and I think this ought to be complete by morning (It's 1:42 Mountain Time as I write this), I would suggest all of you make sure you have a good backup of your wallet, and not do any transactions right now. I had to leave for a while, so I'm not certain if the pools have been all informed of this mess or not. So feel free Cheesy Crytpsy is aware, in fact at least one guy from Cryptsy is helping us with it. We now know what to do, but it takes a bit of time. When the checkpointed version is ready, it will be released as quickly as possible.

I kind of thought something was wrong when so many of you reported staking and confirming without issue. There really should have been a mad amount of orphans for at least a couple of hours given how long the staking had been frozen. Turns out I wasn't just being paranoid. Rest assured, you won't lose your coins or your weight, but it's probably best to turn off your wallets right now, until we get the update tested and distributed. I believe, but am not certain, that the new version will NOT be able to connect to older clients, thus alleviating the problem from multiple angles.

Just remember, Tek does things in a big way. It works good most of the time (this I believe being it's second major issue in it's existence) it stakes big, and apparently, it fucks up big when that time comes Tongue

We'll get there, and shortly. This remains my favorite coin, and I'm just as eager as anyone to see it work right. Work continues apace, though I'm pretty sure Defaced has gone to sleep for the night. keep the faith, and we'll be back very soon.

Great, I'll wait and see when the new wallet will be online. What about the staking.... Is it a good idea to go the %appdata% roaming directory and rename the (backedup) wallet tot something like wallet1.dat and restart the client? This way, the network won't be flooded by all the staking coins just like yesterday. Isn't that the reason that things went down? All these nodes sending signals to the network? My node disconnected from most of the peers, probably because it got way to many data at the same time.

And what about releasing a fork just like a couple of days ago..... It it very fair to give everyone a chance to download and update to the new verion days before the fork is done. But maybe you should just announce a date for a fork, then put it online as a download minutes before the actual fork is starting. That way not all the people will be on the same fork at the same time. This way the network won't be flooded with stakes.... Don't know if this would be possible, I'm not a programmer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:36:36 AM

@zeeman, it sounds like a reasonably good idea, though in fact we do want staking to occur. Like you, I'm not a programmer, so I am simply going to pass this along to those who are. I'm not an official part of the dev team, but I'm kind of the unofficial guinea pig. If they need a side chain wallet or some line of code changed to be tested, I'm the poor schmuck who volunteered. I generally understand what they're trying to accomplish, but actually suggesting code changes in more than a general way is something I can't do with any sort of accuracy. Luckily, they're pretty good at translating good ideas into something a computer can handle Tongue
YouFucker

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:46:18 AM

Well I have done everything asked,  downloaded new wallet,  deleted the old wallet,  backed up old wallet - placed the old .dat wallet on the new qt.  synced everything and NO STAKE!!! been waiting for 33 days NOT IMPRESSED!!.  Should I wait longer?  I have been keeping up to date with this thread for weeks.  The wallet qt is the same as always,  can see any button to manage my coins.  I just dont get it,  totally frustrated and confused.  Anyone got any ideas why my coins are not staking Huh
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

Well I have done everything asked,  downloaded new wallet,  deleted the old wallet,  backed up old wallet - placed the old .dat wallet on the new qt.  synced everything and NO STAKE!!! been waiting for 33 days NOT IMPRESSED!!.  Should I wait longer?  I have been keeping up to date with this thread for weeks.  The wallet qt is the same as always,  can see any button to manage my coins.  I just dont get it,  totally frustrated and confused.  Anyone got any ideas why my coins are not staking Huh

Yeah.

We fucked up the fix. See the last few posts. Not your fault in any way. It SHOULD be fixed for real tomorrow. We will keep you and everyone posted. Keep that wallet safe, cuz when we do get it fixed, you won't lose any of your accumulated stake weight. Should be a pretty decent payout, and then it will be back to normal.

EDIT: coin control, as with most POS wallets, has to be turned on to see it. go to options under the settings menu, click on the display tab, and check the display coin control button.

After that it will be under the "send coins" menu in your wallet. But right now, there are several forks due to a few errors in the fix for the frozen stake. It's being sorted. Best bet is to keep the wallet safe and wait for the next update.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:51:09 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 09:10:51 AM by subSTRATA

Wallet that has built-in filter to kick all nodes on 1.2 and 1.9.1 is prerequisite for everything else. PoS staking should be enabled only after new nodes v1.1 have made their own
legit swarms (connected only to other legit nodes) and PoS staking should start with high difficulty value, not minimum one!

--------hardfork--------nodes 1.2 and 1.9.1
              |
              |-------------nodes 1.1----------PoS staking starts here with high difficulty value (0.1 to be safe from major orphaning)

If you are PoW mining (solo or pool) right now stop. If you are PoS staking right now stop as well. If you are running local wallet just shut it down, this situation can
not be fixed using any of existing (public) wallets. Even an upgrade to v1.1 and complete resync (delete everything except wallet.dat file) will not help. Even the latest
wallet is built using outdated code, -reindex command does not work and wallet is unable to self-reorganize blockchain after it accepted certain number of blocks from
other nodes.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
YouFucker

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:03:35 AM

Ok thank you Biomech,  I'll wait for more info on the fix + yep I got the coin control function up thank you. As you suggested I wont use anything yet.  Im just willing this coin to be everything I hoped it can be  Smiley
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:10:19 AM

Wallet that has built-in filter to kick all nodes on 1.2 and 1.9.1 is prerequisite for everything else. PoS staking should be enabled only after new nodes v1.1 have made their own
legit swarms (connected only to other legit nodes) and PoS staking should start with high difficulty value, not minimum one!

|
              |-------------nodes 1.1----------PoS staking starts here with high difficulty value (0.1 to be safe from major orphaning)

If you are PoW mining (solo or pool) right now stop. If you are PoS staking right now stop as well. If you are running local wallet just shut it down, this situation can
not be fixed using any of existing (public) wallets. Even an upgrade to v1.1 and complete resync (delete everything except wallet.dat file) will not help. Even the latest
wallet is built using outdated code, -reindex command does not work and wallet is unable to self-reorganize blockchain after it accepted certain number of blocks from
other nodes.

This sounds like what Defaced said to me. As noted, I'm not a programmer, so I might be off base.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:12:18 AM

|

other nodes.

This sounds like what Defaced said to me. As noted, I'm not a programmer, so I might be off base.

All in all, due to everything posted earlier it is impossible for network to reach majority consensus right now.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:26:04 AM

|

other nodes.

All in all, due to everything posted earlier it is impossible for network to reach majority consensus right now.
Yeah, I know. Sucks. I wish I had a better grasp of programming, so I could be more than the guinea pig and messenger boy. But I guess we all serve as we can.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:37:14 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-33707-nothing-to-see-here-gif-please-BeZM.gif  Grin

Dexpla

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:53:33 AM

Very good, i liked that lol
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:55:03 AM

Thanks, subSTRATA Cheesy I needed a laugh Cheesy
Alex_Koekie

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:12:14 AM

I'm not able to help the programming as well, but I do have a backup of the blockchain the day before the fork(s)  Wink Is it of any use to upload it so people can bootstrap and don't have to resync using the network?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:13:21 AM

What happened here is basically a fireworks scenario - there was a rocket (old blockchain) and then at the time of hard-fork it exploded resulting in countless different blockchains.

Gentleman, we have witnessed digital Big Bang!  Cheesy

I'm not able to help the programming as well, but I do have a backup of the blockchain the day before the fork(s)  Wink Is it of any use to upload it so people can bootstrap and don't have to resync using the network?

No use for it because nodes will sync to random other nodes and inevitably end up on some of countless forks - legit or not - and start kicking out any nodes not complying with
their version of blockchain. Even v1.1 nodes are "killing" each other and when you add v1.2 and v1.9.1 in the mix it is a real mess.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:13:56 AM

I'm not able to help the programming as well, but I do have a backup of the blockchain the day before the fork(s)  Wink Is it of any use to upload it so people can bootstrap and don't have to resync using the network?

It might be. PM Thundertoe and Defaced. I'm sure they'll be up in a few hours Cheesy
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:15:07 AM

What happened here is basically a fireworks scenario - there was a rocket (old blockchain) and then at the time of hard-fork it exploded resulting in countless different blockchains.

Gentleman, we have witnessed digital Big Bang!  Cheesy

LOL!

You're on a roll tonight.

Well, gentlemen, I've had a long, rough day. I'm crashing for a few hours. Hope to see some good news when I wake up.
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:34:16 AM

I have downloaded the latest wallet, started it yesterday and  3 large blocks staked in a row. I thought it is working, but suddenly the blockchain stucked and now 10k TEK stay unconfirmed. So yesterday i shut down the wallet and today im reading this bad situation here.. are these Coins gone now?
Or is there a way to recover? Does an old wallet.dat help?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:49:24 AM

I have downloaded the latest wallet, started it yesterday and  3 large blocks staked in a row. I thought it is working, but suddenly the blockchain stucked and now 10k TEK stay unconfirmed. So yesterday i shut down the wallet and today im reading this bad situation here.. are these Coins gone now?
Or is there a way to recover? Does an old wallet.dat help?

Any coins generated or moved before hard-fork will not be lost. All coins generated after hard-fork will be lost - stop PoW mining and PoS staking and moving coins around
until new wallet is released!

ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:54:49 AM

I sent few coins to cryptsy yesterday and they haven't posted there yet, so are they lost?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:08:19 PM

I sent few coins to cryptsy yesterday and they haven't posted there yet, so are they lost?

Coins do not get lost, they are on the fork that is chosen.

So you send coins they don't show up, most likely they are on wrong fork/chain.  When you resync to the proper chain your coins were not moved so they are back in your balance.

If you stakes on a bad chain, and you resync the chain, the coins that staked have not staked on thie good hain and will be ready.  Wallet is going to have a lot of uncomfirmed transaction but everything matches back up as it should

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 312 »
  Print  

Jump to: