Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597301 times)
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 08:53:58 PM

Ok, so problem with blocks unrecognized by network is back...even with reaper.
Why is this happening to me  Huh

printscreen here:

http://mirrax.rajce.idnes.cz/GRC_mining_problem#Pic0004.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 10:23:35 PM

I have 2 rigs mining for over a week now and I have not had that problem yet. But others have reported this exact same situation.

Ok, so problem with blocks unrecognized by network is back...even with reaper.
Why is this happening to me  Huh

printscreen here:

http://mirrax.rajce.idnes.cz/GRC_mining_problem#Pic0004.jpg
rumlazy

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:28:44 AM

This was posted on the other crypto forum by the lead dev, figured people would like to see it Smiley

"Except for the boinc part? "  I suggest downloading the newest beta client.  We have imo the most advanced and innovative ideas coming out at the most rapid pace in the whole cryptocurrency market.  We have staff programmers paid by the hour.  We have encrypted pop3 client to client email, integrated pool mining (in the client), integrated cgminer/reaper mining In the client, charts of boinc history on the screen, vacation restart for the miners and the wallet, boinc, energy savings, competition for humanitarian projects, and we have something coming that is going to blow everyones socks off.  The Russian coder is highly capable of locking the memory in linux in a way that prevents a fraudulent copy of boinc to communicate with the linux kernel, for one.  Two, I'm working on security again, based on curecoins statements about the early version of the client.  We may end up pioneering something again that is far, far ahead of the game.  I cant go into all of the security details, but to let everyone know how serious I am about security this new feature will lock the memory contents of the NT kernel and encrypt and sign the boinc credits in the same space as boinc is running, and sign the packets with the gridcoin key.  If anyone tampers with that packet before it is given to the block in the mining subsidy it will be USELESS.  Also, all clients will be able to check the authenticity of that signature without decrypting it.  So, blocks will not be forwarded on unless they are authentic.  Next, if someone tries to tamper with boinc, the kernel mode process will not accept the memory because it is going to be signed with Berkeleys key and I cant talk about that, but we do have access to the key pair inside boinc itself, so this is going to very hard to hack, and by the time anyone even attempts to do it we will have boinc running inside gridcoin and you can kiss that idea goodbye.  Another piece of information, anyone trying to do a man in the middle attack between boinc and gridcoin will fail, because the memory is going to be signed before gridcoin reads it, so anything you do to tamper with that memory will alter the signature.  Once this version is released, and the feature is turned on, your client will only accept signed boinc blocks others will be rejected.  Everyone will be forced to upgrade, because we have a feature in the client to do that.  If you dont upgrade, you cant mine new blocks.  We are going to be the best and there is no stopping us.

This coin is going to be amazing!

@OP if you changed the topic to more to reflect what this coin does, it might get more views.
aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:41:37 PM

Yea Conqueror PM'ed me and I told him I was having the same issue with the client I had running on my laptop for the giveaway. Turns out it's because of the version. I still had Mining Module Version 4 whereas the newest MSI client was Version 10. Anyways, deleted everything but my wallet and conf, installed the new version and worked fine Smiley

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:45:40 PM

Ye I agree, the thread title needs to be changed to reflect the Gridcoin's purpose.

This was posted on the other crypto forum by the lead dev, figured people would like to see it Smiley

"Except for the boinc part? "  I suggest downloading the newest beta client.  We have imo the most advanced and innovative ideas coming out at the most rapid pace in the whole cryptocurrency market.  We have staff programmers paid by the hour.  We have encrypted pop3 client to client email, integrated pool mining (in the client), integrated cgminer/reaper mining In the client, charts of boinc history on the screen, vacation restart for the miners and the wallet, boinc, energy savings, competition for humanitarian projects, and we have something coming that is going to blow everyones socks off.  The Russian coder is highly capable of locking the memory in linux in a way that prevents a fraudulent copy of boinc to communicate with the linux kernel, for one.  Two, I'm working on security again, based on curecoins statements about the early version of the client.  We may end up pioneering something again that is far, far ahead of the game.  I cant go into all of the security details, but to let everyone know how serious I am about security this new feature will lock the memory contents of the NT kernel and encrypt and sign the boinc credits in the same space as boinc is running, and sign the packets with the gridcoin key.  If anyone tampers with that packet before it is given to the block in the mining subsidy it will be USELESS.  Also, all clients will be able to check the authenticity of that signature without decrypting it.  So, blocks will not be forwarded on unless they are authentic.  Next, if someone tries to tamper with boinc, the kernel mode process will not accept the memory because it is going to be signed with Berkeleys key and I cant talk about that, but we do have access to the key pair inside boinc itself, so this is going to very hard to hack, and by the time anyone even attempts to do it we will have boinc running inside gridcoin and you can kiss that idea goodbye.  Another piece of information, anyone trying to do a man in the middle attack between boinc and gridcoin will fail, because the memory is going to be signed before gridcoin reads it, so anything you do to tamper with that memory will alter the signature.  Once this version is released, and the feature is turned on, your client will only accept signed boinc blocks others will be rejected.  Everyone will be forced to upgrade, because we have a feature in the client to do that.  If you dont upgrade, you cant mine new blocks.  We are going to be the best and there is no stopping us.

@OP if you changed the topic to more to reflect what this coin does, it might get more views.
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Yea Conqueror PM'ed me and I told him I was having the same issue with the client I had running on my laptop for the giveaway. Turns out it's because of the version. I still had Mining Module Version 4 whereas the newest MSI client was Version 10. Anyways, deleted everything but my wallet and conf, installed the new version and worked fine Smiley

Thanks my man, it is working well now  Wink

BTW I really miss your forum, I hope it will be back online soon (I started a giveaway on forum and I want to giveaway all coins  Smiley )
aysyr

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:05:38 AM

It was nice wasn't it? Anyways hopefully soon, maybe in another month or two while we only have a handful of users in our community.

Gridcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 03:45:18 AM

Ye I agree, the thread title needs to be changed to reflect the Gridcoin's purpose.

Thanks for the positive plugs!

Working on the Gridcoin Virtual Machine now for security.  Will keep you all posted. 

Röb Halförd

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 04:40:04 PM

This is a great coin and I look forward to watching it grow. Thanks for your hard work on Gridcoin!
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:19:05 PM

Have you signed the petition for Cryptsy yet?

This is a great coin and I look forward to watching it grow. Thanks for your hard work on Gridcoin!
bibbit

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:45:19 AM

You can currently mine both GRC and XRP at the same time. Ripple Labs is running an XRP giveaway based on contributions to the World Community Grid, a BOINC project.

Details at https://www.ripplelabs-wcgxrp.com

The giveaway exchange rate is 1000 XRP for every 5000 WGC points (714 BOINC points), which at current rates is roughly a $10 USD value each time you cash in your WCG points.

As long as you're already mining GRC and running BOINC, why not pick up some free XRP for no extra effort?
ChrisJ

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 12:51:52 PM

Hey,

I like the sound of this project, I love anything that strives towards efficiency. I would love to understand how this works at a high level. I am presuming that the PoW and BOINC work are separate but enforced as part of the protocol?

If this project got more awareness I see a lot of potential.

I want to make the world better than I found it
rumlazy

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:05:16 PM

You can currently mine both GRC and XRP at the same time. Ripple Labs is running an XRP giveaway based on contributions to the World Community Grid, a BOINC project.

The giveaway exchange rate is 1000 XRP for every 5000 WGC points (714 BOINC points), which at current rates is roughly a $10 USD value each time you cash in your WCG points.

As long as you're already mining GRC and running BOINC, why not pick up some free XRP for no extra effort?

This is awesome, thanks for telling us!  Even more reason to support gridcoin!
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:31:42 PM

This is awesome, thanks for telling us!  Even more reason to support gridcoin!

I hate XRP, but now I hate it less...
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:41:25 PM

Allright...

So I have another problem. I cant see my wallet.
I mean I launch it, but then it goes minimized and I dont know how to see the window...

Anybody with same experience?
Any hints?
rumlazy

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 02:52:11 PM

Allright...

I mean I launch it, but then it goes minimized and I dont know how to see the window...

Any hints?

Are you on windows?  If so check your system tray, it's probably there.  (near the bottom right corner, on your taskbar)
Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:46:09 PM

Allright...

Any hints?

Are you on windows?  If so check your system tray, it's probably there.  (near the bottom right corner, on your taskbar)

Yep it is there, but when i click it...nothing
When I right click it...i can actualy go to some parts of menu, but never see whole wallet again.
I think I will delete it and install again...
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:50:24 PM

I did not even know this existed. Thanks for posting that!

Conqueror
Legendary

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:14:43 PM

Allright...

Any hints?

Yep it is there, but when i click it...nothing
When I right click it...i can actualy go to some parts of menu, but never see whole wallet again.
I think I will delete it and install again...

http://www.conetrix.com/Blog/post/Fixing-an-Application-That-Appears-in-Task-Bar-but-Doesnt-Open.aspx
problem solved...WTF!! It was running out of screen!
aysyr

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 11:38:32 PM

Lol had that happen to me lots of time with guiminer. If you're able to maximize it by right clicking on it on the task bar, and then drag it out of max view it should fix it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: