Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:14:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade or HODL?  (Read 2545 times)
creepyjas (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:35:49 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Looking at the market movement, is it a good time to start trading?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

I am eager to learn how to do trading(short-term or day-trading).

Any thoughts? TIA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:57:42 PM

Experience will teach you a lot of great things. However, avoid learning about trading in an expensive way. You should just avoid becoming too emotional in trading, avoid getting FOMOed and avoid panic selling because this only leads to losses. As to the time when to trade, you must trust your own judgement and speculation, because people will just advise you to buy or sell this or that depending on what they are holding and think that would help them improve the market of what coin they are supporting, again their opinion is based on their judgment, you must make your own decision.
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:14:04 PM

Hi guys, I have a couple of alts in my wallet right now and I want to gain profit.

I want to earn a profit while waiting for a better market value. Should I enter trading(where I don't have an idea on how to and where to start) or should I stick on HODLing my coins?

Is it risky or not an ideal move if I start to study trading using some of my holdings/alts?

Any thoughts? TIA

If you are going to trade the money you have earned through joining campaigns, you can freely do so. However, take note that trading is risky, even experience traders incur losses and some even loss a great amount of money on trading. Just make sure to invest or trade only the amount you can afford to lose. In time, you will learn from your experiences, you can also ask for people's advice and opinion, but don't depend solely on them. You must have your own preference and strategy as a trader.
boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

You are question is pretty straight and your post itself gives lot of answers about it.

So you dont know how to start trading or have no idea about it then you can just drop the idea of even doing it in the first place. If you are going to try it then you go and learn some basics of trading first then only visit the market and start trading your coins. Otherwise I would say you should just hold and watch the moves.

Read my second statement and then think about doing all these!
Nekrasova

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:24:48 PM

Trade
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:45:47 PM

Any thoughts? TIA

You can do both of them. You can make profit by keeping coins, but i can not say that you will make much money this way. So, you are losing time with waiting, and it means that you don't make profit. But, if you choose to trade, If you can analyze the news truthly, it will be much more profitable for you.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:49:50 PM

Depends on how much risk you can stomach honestly. If you can stomach the swings then I would say trade away, but if you can't stand the thought of going to exchanges and looking at the prices every couple of days then leave it for sure. That is why hodl is the overall better method, it works best for most people.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
yesss

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:40:33 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
I believe you should trade and this time, the market in the past few days is volatile and fluctuates in a very large range, so you should trade this time should not hold when the market is in the bear market. I believe that with such big fluctuations bitcoin prices will continue to fall, you should have specific commercial plans for the greatest results.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:45:16 PM

My suggestion is that you shouldn't use all your coins to trade since you are learning how to do it and since you're eager to trade. Though, personally,  I won't trade now if I were you because the market is unstable. Though, you may quickly do a short trade but you have to be very vigilant because there is a tendency that you might lose your money if you didn't monitor the market activities well.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:46:24 PM

Could you share the name of the coins so that it can be easier to give any advice , but i would like to tell you what i did i sent all my coins to a exchange and set a sell order more than 15% of thd current few altcoins did sell and fell back so i was allowed to rebuy i would suggest you also to do the same if you wait for the price to reach high you might miss it
GoldenLad

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:56:43 PM

I think it depends on the coins you want to use in trading, if it's bitcoin, I will advise you don't trade them for now because if you trade with them and it didn't go well, you have really loss and it won't be easy buying up the bitcoins you have lost since the value and the price is high. But if you intend to trade with altcoins, then good. Just remember you have to be conversant with the market chart to know when to trade or not.
marginal

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:23:49 PM

Trading is so interesting and exiting, as for holding - it is fully automated process, if can say that, so choose your, maybe trade some, hold others.
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:38:53 PM

Any thoughts? TIA
Why you don't start trading at your own  coins, you said that you have holding coins and you want to learn how to trade. Maybe try to search on youtube how to trade on short term or day trading. There's a lot of videos there that you can learn how to trade.
toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 12:32:56 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
If you dont have any other business, you can try to trade but if you dont have enough time to learn trading , it will be better to invest and hold, learn how to research.
You can try a paper trading like https://coins2learn.com/ , it doesnt need a real money.
Qunetick

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:29:57 AM

Trading is a good way to get a huge amount of profit same with holding. I believe that if we are going to trade we also need to gold in order for us to wait for the right price to sell. Because everything on the bitcoin feild or in the feild of crypto currency field is really unpredictable. I tbink both trading and holding is a great strategy to gain a huge amount of profit.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 01:53:42 AM

You already invested in altcoins then why can't you wait for them to grow? Because if you don't have a knowledge in trading then you may lose money instead of making money from trading.

Any thoughts? TIA

Yes, everyone wants an easy and fast money so they want to go for day trading. But you should know that day trading is almost similar to gambling because it is very hard to predict prices on a daily basis. You may get more success if you invest money and wait for them to go up instead going after day trading.
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:43:43 AM

You can determine trade or hodl, if you just wait you will get a long profit because we do not know how long the market value will improve. But I think you can do both
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 02:55:56 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

If you would like a way safe way to invest you money then i would recommend you buy a crypto or several and just hold until the market recovers.  If you would like to actively make money by trading the swings, then you can attempt to trade but you must keep in mind that you are risking losing money.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
nasipadang

Activity: 1274
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:14:43 AM

Any thoughts? TIA
I think this is a good time for you to trade because of the recent rise trend in crypto, that is if you intend trading, also today is the best time for hodl if you bought a crypto at a low price or bought it last month, one more thing hodl and trading equally have its own risk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:19:49 AM

Any thoughts? TIA

You can do both but if you want a long term profits it's better to hold your altcoins, if they have a potential.
Remember there's always a risks in trading, you should control your emotion and trade that you can afford the loss.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: