Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:26:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:40:33 PM

There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used also with fiat currency. People use bitcoin because of the ease of transacting. Any currency will not be able to guarantee not to use or avoid in illegal activities. The guilty ones are criminals not a currency. Bitcoin appears to be just another option for people to transact and also as the latest innovation in solving economic problems worldwide.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

We do not like to admit it, but we must recognize that the bitcoin for its anonymity and for not being a state currency is very suitable for criminal use. But it is up to the law to combat the criminal uses of an instrument while protecting legal uses.

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:47:27 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Everything has its own negative and positive effect, even fiat can be used to by illegal things and services. I don't believe bitcoin won't be accepted by mainstream because of the negative impression.

The people you mentioned above are just small criminals, the big ones wear ties.
pantheraio

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

Crime and bitcoin can not be separated because we know bitcoin using wallet that can not be tracked by the government though. Thus many criminals use bitcoin for their illegal needs.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:52:12 PM

Crime and bitcoin can not be separated because we know bitcoin using wallet that can not be tracked by the government though. Thus many criminals use bitcoin for their illegal needs.
of course, so we need to be on the lookout for saving money for the criminal to trace it. let alone the current villain is a clever villain, with that we must be vigilant.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ZIM17

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:04:42 PM

this is the status of a person who is not in the right mind because they are thinking of their right hand they are not thinking of what might be the consequence for their bictims what it would have to be the life of other criminals who did not want but their own welfare of their lives. In the world of crypto currencies there is no avoiding the hackers and deceptive people who are staying here.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:27:53 PM

Just like Fiat, BTC is simply  medium of pay, everyone is free to use then for whatever purposes they wish, its however unfortunate that criminals have found a way of making payments for their services using BTC, but BTC has nothing to do with criminal perpetration.whichever path one choses is their own choices and BTC should not be dragged to it
Prettyme

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:32:36 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Yes there's a lot of crimes happens and even the bitcoin they use it for illegal so it is not a problem but the main problem is the people because they have disciplines and they were not responsible in using bitcoin in proper way. So I believe that if all of us here don't have greediness when it comes to money then bitcoin will never be involved in any crimes.

bedford1972

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:59:20 PM

Do not watch the news, and especially TV. It can only upset and confuse. Governments and the media will always find a way to gnobit new technologies that go against the interests of the highest ranks. The technology on which the cryptocurrency is based will simply change the entire world order in the near future. Many leaders of States are afraid that they will not be able to deal with money laundering, because the blockchain technology will be everywhere.

QUARKCHAIN - Blockchain Sharding Technology
IS A FLEXIBLE, SCALABLE, AND USER-ORIENTED BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE. (https://quarkchain.io)
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:12:45 PM

Shit people will always be anywhere,internet in real life or anything and you cant prvent these people from doing such things that is why committing crimes using the cryptocurrency isnt that new to us,people will take advantage the situation which is why we need to learn how to control things so that our limits will be placed.

Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:15:54 PM

The talk about Bitcoin and criminals is becoming too cliche. I mean, Crime would always be there. It has been there since the beginning. Bitcoin won't put a stop to it most certainly. Even centralised financial institutions are having a hard time containing the issue  of crime. The purpose of Bitcoin is quite clear ~ facilitate peer to peer payments and exchange of cash. It's no one's fault if it is misused.

Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:17:18 PM

Those who are saying that bitcoin is same as fiat that can be used for illegal activities are right. But we cannot ignore the big difference of fiat and bitcoin.
Are senders and receivers unknown when fiat is used?
extict12

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:27:13 AM

you are right.. bitcoin,blockchain,crypto is not the problem its in us human.. the bitcoin,blockchain and other cryptocurrency are only thing that makes illegal thing easier...
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 06:38:34 PM

I completely agree with you on this. Bitcoin is being used by criminals for illegal purposes. For this Bitcoin should not be blamed. It entirely depends on the people for what purposes they are using it. It’s their fault that they are using such a wonderful technology for criminal purposes. Also the problems of hacking, terrorist and money laundering activities were taking place before the launch of cryptos, now why everyone is blaming crypto for this.
Eva_me

Activity: 120

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:11:23 PM

Hello everyone, in Russia you can now buy drugs for crypto currency. I think it's not very good. As it is necessary to fight this

I think that not only in Russia you can buy drugs for crypto currency. But I know that for usd you can buy almost anything and almost anywhere.

I don't think that only those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin. Because  only some people pay for their dangerous actions and purchases by crypto currency, the rest are paid by USD.
At this stage, governments do not benefit from crypto currencies because they will displace fiat and they are afraid (I think this will definitely happen, the question is only when).
Desperaboss

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 08:47:50 PM

Criminals used to use fiatmoney as well. Both bitcoin and fiat money are just tools to enables criminal actions like buying drugs or weapons but that does not make a mean of payment evil per se. At the end the people decide what to do with their money.

Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:02:14 PM

I think this is one of the reasons why the government banned bitcoin because there are some people who use bitcoin in their illegal activities. Bitcoin is being ruined because of them, hoping that there could be a way that we can rid of this kind of people because we are also being victimized by their illegal activities like scams.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:26:06 PM

Your reasoning is sound but you're not understanding why governments want to ban bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, they do not ban the Internet because they obtain a lot of information out of people, and that gives to them control over them but bitcoin is different, bitcoin gives freedom to people and that is why they are using those illegal acts as an excuse to try to regulate and eventually ban cryptocurrencies.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:52:50 PM

There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used also with fiat currency. People use bitcoin because of the ease of transacting. Any currency will not be able to guarantee not to use or avoid in illegal activities. The guilty ones are criminals not a currency. Bitcoin appears to be just another option for people to transact and also as the latest innovation in solving economic problems worldwide.
Bitcoin transaction is anonymous which can be use by criminal for their illegal activities. Even bitcoin has nothing to do with that and only use as currency by them, government will blame to it. They cannot do anything to bitcoin because it is uncontrolled but to ban the use of it which affect also those who wants to earn on it.

Cutieh01

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:08:23 PM

Bitcoin transaction is anonymous which can be use by criminal for their illegal activities. Even bitcoin has nothing to do with that and only use as currency by them, government will blame to it. They cannot do anything to bitcoin because it is uncontrolled but to ban the use of it which affect also those who wants to earn on it.

Using untraceable internet currency, criminals working full time to destroy our livelihood. That's why criminals celebrated when cryptocurrency launched. But DeNmark's police is currently leading the way in cyber policing and this is the new technology is a major milestone for police work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: