Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:13:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
RevolutioNz

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 12:37:49 PM

Pretty Good Question.
Its really Matter of worry. No one can solve this problem because there is no way to track any kind of its transaction without any specific document on online link. So i can say one think Just away from all this Crime and say your Friend also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:14:06 PM

The BTC will also be anonymous and therefore suitable for crime but what is more anonymous than cash? For decades, crime has been based on cash. The btc, even if anonymous, is always moved with a PC and leaves a computerized trace, the cash leaves no trace.

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
KaffkaN

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
As for me in any field there will always be bad people as much as we wanted to. and even more so cryptocurrency is now very popular.
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:17:00 PM

Can we all for once be accountable for our actions, regardless if Bitcoin exists or not, there is already a high rate of criminality rate all over the world. There are already a huge number of illegal activities and evil doing from any part of the world so stop blaming Bitcoin. It is the people's choice, our decisions, our actions that's taking us to where we are right now. 
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:17:06 PM

Yes, in a deep web (or darknet) all the bad-ass transaction are going in bitcoin, becouse of the ononimousity it provides, they are unstoppable.
cr1tbayman

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:20:30 PM

This is funny to read when someone says - hey so many criminals in bitcoin. Have you counted how many criminals are using usual money ? Smiley
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:28:17 PM

Many parties always associate bitcoin with crime, even though fiat currency can not guarantee not to be used crime. The criminals are tempted by bitcoin value if it has been converted to fiat currency. Thus, what is wrong is not bitcoin but blame the criminals.
Vertex_ICO

Activity: 602
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

Criminals will always find a way to crime.
Nitnit13

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:07:08 PM

Criminals and bitcoins can not be separated because of the anonymous bitcoin transaction system and it is used by criminals who do not want to trace their illegal transactions.
exalterego

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:16:55 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.

I absolutely agree with you!
Cryptocurrencies and blockchain are by no means a danger - it's the people that use them for criminal purposes.
The same can is true for fiat money and all other technologies (remember the atom bomb which was actually the product of peaceful intentions of its creator).
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:20:41 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Criminality should not be associated with Bitcoin, if we look back, long before the creation of the internet, there was the legendary Ponzi scheme and even it’s used until now. Actually theft and other crimes using fiat as the medium of exchange, not Bitcoin, it’s not appropriate to see Bitcoin as a criminal transaction tool that is also used for many good and productive activities.
bungsoh

Activity: 237

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

This is a bad news for the crypto world. We know that crypto is anonymous. But are not users who commit criminality that can be tracked? If the transaction he did with the crypto could not be traced, but the criminal act was traceable and searchable evidence could be found. Their transaction data is only one that can be used as evidence. Is not that something that can also be used as evidence is still a lot? So, I do not think it's worth it if Crypto is cornered on a mistake.
congtuan001122asd

Activity: 186

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:35:06 PM

Bitcoins are created to serve people. Each person exploits the benefits of bitcoin in different ways. Many people have exploited the convenience of bitcoin to commit illegal acts such as money laundering and arms trafficking. Some hackers have stolen bitcoin.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
██████      CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY ██████
jame lie

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Not right to directly relate Bitcoin with the criminals. Crime took place with any currency but using Bitcoin for criminal activity is not a good option. As your transaction is easily accessed on blockchain by anyone. you will be traced easily.
jennygamilo

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

I can see and hear news about bitcoin scammers, although they are late but often there are still so many sowing. but they can not beat the bitcoin so strong and famous
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:01:10 PM

It is so hard to think that there are lot of opportunities out there yet still lots of criminals and scamming people , are they just lazy enough they all just want an easy money, why would they just get a job or invest with something, besides government are there for them to help if they need financial assistance.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:13:27 PM

Criminality should not be associated with Bitcoin, if we look back, long before the creation of the internet, there was the legendary Ponzi scheme and even it’s used until now. Actually theft and other crimes using fiat as the medium of exchange, not Bitcoin, it’s not appropriate to see Bitcoin as a criminal transaction tool that is also used for many good and productive activities.

Yes that is right to say that still most of the people do not have any idea about bitcoin,  very little number of people have information about bitcoin, i do not think bitcoin can be use for such illegal activities, i think still the medium for such activities are fiat and not bitcoin. I am sure that bitcoin will be using for legal activities.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

The illegal goods are not the only problem here. If bitcoin is taken advantage by criminals, people will see bitcoin as bad and will ruin its volatile image and respect from the public. But then bitcoin can't be fully controlled by the government. I fear that there will be no absolute solution to this problem. But personally, I don't blame bitcoin or any money that falls into bad intentions. It is just a tool after all, so we should look out at the criminals.

Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:49:47 PM

Every thing that is being used by humans, there will be people who will use it even illegally just to complete their objectives. There is nothing we can do but to watch out the other end of the bargain. If some criminal use bitcoin to buy illegal goods, how will be the goods delivered? I think the government should focus on that matter more than trying to control bitcoin.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:53:47 PM

There are always criminals in every aspect of humankind. Bitcoin never meant to be used in any illegal activities. Those transactions are anonymous so we are also not sure how it happens. And bitcoin fluctuates, so the payment could be difficult for criminals in some times. I think the government just needs something to blame on and since bitcoin has the spot light, they just waved it over which is both sad and dumb.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: