Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
bigrudger

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:46:17 PM

Bitcoin is a dangerous toy. many will hunt for rich bitcoin hodlers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:52:48 PM

It is not bitcoin which is responsible for criminal activities. Criminals were also active before the bitcoin age. So the blame on bitcoin is not true.

Indeed, there are already criminals before the introduction of Bitcoin; thus, a lot of criminal activities happened before then. It's just that,criminals are so active when it comes to the involvement of money, the reason why they are using Bitcoin.

al maruf

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:08:39 PM

When a weapon is held in a fire, it is used for the purpose of the country. But when there is a weapon in a fire with a terrorist, the country is harmed by it, so the hacker, or the terrorist gang, can use it for the worst, it is not Bitcoin's fault.  The broker is like for media.
thundercrystal

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:18:08 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well right now it is really possible that some criminals is using bitcoin, because we all know that bitcoin is open for everyone and that is the only big disadvantage of bitcoin for me becahse even a bad person can used bitcoin for illegal purposes.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bentong talong

Activity: 383

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

Criminals can use Bitcoin in crimes because of the involvement of money. Hacking an account is considered as crime because they are invading the privacy of other people which is wrong. They are getting the money of others and use it on their own goods.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Urbinklin

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

I also often see news in which criminals deceive investors, disappear with their money, make the Scam of the ICO project. All this is due to the imperfection of digital technologies.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2018, 10:21:19 PM by Aleister Crowley

Such statements are made only by politicians for the popularity. Criminals can also use Fiat, it never stopped them. They try to fight against consequences, and it is necessary with the reasons.
it seems very much in pity if it concerns bitcoin with crime ,, as if disagree with some stetmen that come out from many people associated with bitcoin .. but we can not do anything .. unless we can give positive rating to bitcoin
lida311993

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:20:37 PM

I never understood why to link bitcoin with crime and focus on it. Criminals can use all kinds of currencies they want and bitcoin does not increase crime.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
kristinasm

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:40:17 PM

I think this idea - linking bitcoin to crime - is being inflated by all sorts of skeptics. And I do not advise anyone to take it seriously.

https://www.minter.networ
napi

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:41:26 PM

from the experience that I have experienced when there is such an event is actually the price of coin will usually go down, because the price is sure many will sell assets owned to be able to get money.
tiktak89

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:41:45 PM

This is human upbringing and mentality. At all times there were people who were engaged in crime, fraud, theft and deception. This is unfortunately an integral part of humanity.

Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Victorias

Activity: 253

Gamblica Token Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 10:50:30 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Bitcoin can not be bad or good, it is just a tool of the payment system.  For what purposes does the person himself decide to use it.

fumblingperch

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:52:21 PM

I sometimes even feel sorry for bitcoin, as it is unfairly called cryptocurrency for criminals... And what's the point if criminals can use any currency?

tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:58:58 PM

As a favorite means of payment, bitcoins are used by criminals, and by this the reputation of a coin that glorifies democracy and human freedoms is simply trampled into the mud.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:09:07 PM

We need to understand that the illegal activities like drug dealing, terrorism, money launderung etc have existed before and that is not smart to connect all of them to the creation and development of the bitcoin. Like saying the bitcoin is the only evil thing in the world does not make any sense.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:57:42 PM

When a weapon is held in a fire, it is used for the purpose of the country. But when there is a weapon in a fire with a terrorist, the country is harmed by it, so the hacker, or the terrorist gang, can use it for the worst, it is not Bitcoin's fault.  The broker is like for media.

Good explanation. Unfortunately, many people don't understand that and they would like to prohibit using cryptocurrencies anyway. I don't even know how they would achieve it because cryptocurrencies are decentralised which makes them hard to be censored or blocked. Criminals used Bitcoin some time ago, but they have now switched to some other cryptocurrencies which are more anonymous which makes them difficult to trace. Many countries might actually adapt their own crypto, but they won't work like Bitcoin.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:20:51 PM

All the things can be a tool for criminal’s activity money, internet, social media, smartphone, food or even bitcoin. Yes, Bitcoin can be a tool, but the not means we need to ban the bitcoin to avoid the criminal’s activity. We only need to create a rule regarding this matter to prevent this criminal’s activity. The solution of this on the hand of the user of the bitcoin. 
Mostshisha

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:21:52 PM

Do you think that the members on this forum are criminals as majority here is using crypto. I think that mostly it is used by common people like you and me.
Kaykay

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:24:16 PM

unfortunately the decentralised nature of blockchain makes it hard to prevent means of money laundering
indopool

Activity: 403

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:40:37 PM

It is very difficult for police to find crime in bitcoin transactions, because bitcoin deals in peer-to-peer transactions without going through bank intermediaries.
bitcoin is a digital currency that has advanced features and some advantages that are very profitable for its users.
if bitcoin is used for crime, fiat money is already used for crimes, "by irresponsible people".
crime will continue to exist even when bitcoin is abolished.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: