Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:02:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
kobratuz

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:26:50 PM

Some of case criminals use it to crime such as weapons, kidnapping, killing etc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2352
Merit: 339

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:29:59 PM

Please be aware of some hackers nowadays, we all know that bitcoin is mostly accessible in the internet and we have this certain account that we use in order for us to do something to gain money from bitcoin. But be more careful of the presence of the hackers, once you get stolen from bitcoin, it will be a hard time for you trace that criminal and what's worse is that they might also steal your ccount and use the amount that you have there or play bitcoin with it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
untugede

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:39:37 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
if for me bitcoin we can not make excuses with the existence of a crime, before bitcoin exists, the crime is already there, so the crime for me bitcoin we can not make excuses with the occurrence of all that, the government that can not legalize bitcoin, I think the new government being looking for a good solution to be able to accept and legalize it.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
sr32703

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 03:47:30 PM

Criminals & bitcoin These two issues are related to both. some time some criminals use bitcoin to payment process.

btcmura

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:48:02 PM

Haha, another funny accusation on bitcoins, how were these criminals transacting before bitcoins ? You should stop using cash also as it is also used by criminals a lot.
manish9841

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:51:07 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

Because the blockchain technology is hugely decentralized, and it takes time and money to invest on the technology. Not all governments are sophisticated to track the illicit amount of money used in bitcoin. This was one of the reasons why India had to tight grip on bitcoin. However, as time matures this will change.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:53:41 PM

yes, there are many person use bitcoin for "illegal" things and every government concern about this issue. need to try hard to find the way to minimize that.
rolerVX

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have any business with criminals. But criminals have business with bitcoin. When they hire an intelligent person and master on how to manipulate or hack the secure system, criminals can have an access to millions accounts all over the world. And withdraw the money to expend in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
lodcoling

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:57:10 PM

There is no relation between criminals and Bitcoin. Many criminals do their crime by using their conventional currency. Is it liable the conventional currency in this case. There always exist the criminals. But nothing is liable for them. So, BTC is not liable for the criminals.
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:00:22 PM

For me i guess all we need to do is to be careful on every transaction we made. Not all governments are sophisticated to track the illicit amount of money used in bitcoin. This was one of the reasons why India had to tight grip on bitcoin. However, as time matures this will change. I think the new government being looking for a good solution to be able to accept and legalize it. There is a lot of altcoins that do better than bitcoin in terms of privacy so bitcoin is now more into investment or being an asset rather than a currency that is being use to transact illegally.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:05:28 PM

There is good and bad thing on every thing but not always. As you aware, Recently world had faced hackers attack. To release victims docs, they should pay in BTC. Hackers used this method to hide destination and get money at home. Its delayed to got rid off the attack
They use it to avoid direct and easy trace with their identity, we can't deny  the fact that bitcoin is really providing everyone an easy access
to transact so even criminals can enjoy that benefits, but just the same case with fiat and other currency related platform they have their
strength and weaknesses, we shall need to be very careful in the time.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:14:04 PM

There is good and bad thing on every thing but not always. As you aware, Recently world had faced hackers attack. To release victims docs, they should pay in BTC. Hackers used this method to hide destination and get money at home. Its delayed to got rid off the attack
They use it to avoid direct and easy trace with their identity, we can't deny  the fact that bitcoin is really providing everyone an easy access
to transact so even criminals can enjoy that benefits, but just the same case with fiat and other currency related platform they have their
strength and weaknesses, we shall need to be very careful in the time.
There are things that we cannot control no matter what, even our government or our national police can't too, but what we can do for now is to report if we have found out any illegal activities that we may caught in the future, especially if it involves investment scheme or hyip.
BillyTalent

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:14:48 PM

You are absolutely right. The problem of smuggling lies in society and it does not matter what currency or commodity is involved.
kapustin

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:36:14 PM

Some people might be using crypto for illegal purpose, but you should not ban crypto because of that. With that logic, you will have to ban a number of things like internet.
JackyLon

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:37:26 PM

I think there is no relationship between the criminals and the bitcoin, but the criminals can use bitcoin, the bitcoin is now well known and uses it so bitcoin will not prevent someone from having it and use it.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:44:33 PM

criminals use everything good in their bad work and they ll keep doing the same always so there is no way of blaming a good technlogy i think
The criminals will do anything that facilitates his work in committing a crime. If bitcoin can make their easier, they will absolutely use it. Actually either bitcoin or fiat, they don't care. It will remain in use as long as it is needed.

vazarii

Activity: 101
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:49:23 PM

You should catch the criminals instead of banning the medium they are using. If you ban bitcoins, they will use another option like cash or PayPal.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:50:24 PM

To me bitcoin would always have its pros and cons and it is very evident to things when this is overblown by the media. It is understandable however that bitcoin can be a tool in which we can be able to bypass some of the laws and guidelines due to it being new and that the constitution or the things availabe to regulate have not encountered bitcoin for so long with its available data. But every good thing has its bad thing and that is what I wish to focus on
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:53:36 PM

Probably bitcoin can be used in black market today or it can be really use by now, we don't know, because as bitcoin is free to all, anyone can use it in everything on the internet so if someone wants it to use to buy drugs on the internet he can use it freely without noticing the government and other people. Also I think it is kinda hard to find people who use bitcoin to buy drugs because it leaves all the transaction on the internet.
loopx

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:54:38 PM

While I want to agree so much with you because I am a great supporter of bitcoins, I simply cannot. Because although crime has been here since the dawn of time and the internet, there is no denying the fact that bitcoins or any other cryptos out there gives criminals more options to do crime and to take advantage of the innovation it gives. So we can never really say that bitcoins are somewhat innocent since like money, if not there, no one will be stealing money or using money for crime. That's just that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: