Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:24:38 PM

That is why KYC is now implemented in every trading platform or even in local exchanger who exchange bitcoin into local currency. Base on the news I heard, those who use bitcoin in illegal activities in the past was apprehended. Bitcoin might be anonymous but it is tracable thru blockchain history.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZAYANDI

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:39:06 PM

For me, bitcoin will always have its advantages and disadvantages as well as its strengths and weaknesses, which some hackers should be aware of right now, we all know that bitcoins are mostly accessible on the internet and we have certain accounts we use so we can do something to earn money of bitcoin. There is no point in us blaming bitcoin for something bad that is used as well as the latest innovations in solving economic problems around the world.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:47:57 PM

It's obvious that criminals using bitcoins, everyone want to use bitcoin for illegal activites because this money is very difficult to track and also impossible to prove that it was your transaction.

Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:51:38 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
detecting directly from bitcoin transactions I think is very difficult to find because bitcoin anonymous. possibly by detecting the flow of funds that go into bank account after bitcoin is converted into ordinary currency.
darsiderin

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:01:56 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
There is no doubt that there are criminals who using bitcoins. We all know that bitcoin is decentralized, there is no government, people or companies who are controlling bitcoins. Criminals can freely use bitcoins and it is one of the disadvantage of bitcoins.
Edward Snowden says that the US government is closely watching all bitcoin transactions. Anonymity bitcoin is illusory. This must always be remembered.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Al Wahhaab

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:05:09 PM

lately there is a lot of news about there being a crime in bitcoin that deliberately uses bitcoin with payment instruments and secret transactions

Is it true?
I do not think it's possible before they say something about the law should there be evidence they say and as long as it does not prove stronger than what they say, it's all just their strategy to drop the bitcoin

in the national media as well as many stories like how we overcome such things because I am not a lawyer and I just listen to no resistance for those who do not like bitcoin
Andalusy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:10:43 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptos are used by investors due to the high daily price change, the easy of using them and from those who want to hide their funds or make international payments. I believe that less transactions belong to criminal activity. Don't forget that criminals don't care about currencies. You think that a criminal can't use USD or other currency to make a transaction? Except if you mean as a criminal someone that wants to hide his money from tax authorities.
Naman1111

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:11:36 PM

LOL Its the stupidest thing to take illegal money via BTC. Its the most trackable thing on earth. Governments around the world already keeping a very close watch on the BTC addresses. Taking the payment in anonymous coins like Zcash and MOnero seems logical as they are not traceable. Its an old FUD now and only newbie hackers take money in BTC. Even they confuse it with BCASH.  Grin Grin Grin
priyanjana

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:16:59 PM

Everything has the good and bad side. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency payments system can use them to make a better society as well as for crimes. We need more implementation to the user and payment validation mechanism for this system. But if we implement user and payment validation system, it will destroy the real usage of bitcoin payment with decentralisation.
sabihanazir

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:17:13 PM

All of things have a good or bad site so bitcoin have a advantage or disadvantage. So it's obvious that criminals useing bitcoin.Many people want to use it for illegal activites because this money is very difficult to track and impossible to prove that it was your transaction,and also impossible to find criminal because most of the countries government banned bitcoin. So I think police do not find criminal about transactions .
Mekmbem

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:22:03 PM

actually bitcoin is not a criminal but bitcoin can be in salh use by criminals this may be the reason why many countries are closing bitcoin access for fear of being misused by criminals
Core.BUSTER

Activity: 562
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:30:29 PM

Yes whether bitcoin existed or not, people would still steal. So stealing or criminalism would persist. Bitcoin is not the problem but human psychological make up. Scamming has been since the beginning of life even from the bible stories.
Yes, some people using name of bitcoin for bad intentions cause they want easy money in without effort. Scammers and hackers they want to use bitcoin in illegal way and I think this some reason some country are not trust in bitcoin cause the scammers they give bad reputation in bitcoin.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:47:34 PM

Yes I had heard in the news that criminals use Bitcoin to do illegal things. And in some countries people use Bitcoin for money laundering. But in my country I have not heard such news so far, so I do not believe in all these things.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
lauranaura67

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:08:50 PM

Well you can't regulate how/for what purpose bitcoin is being used or by whom is being used.
You can't blame bitcoin for it being used by criminals for criminal activity.
Although it is understandable that money trails get criminals caught in many cases but with Bitcoin that's much harder.
Skyonito

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:13:16 PM

this is such a heavy way of think
Frank Castle

Activity: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:17:33 PM

Bitcoin is a tool. And the crime out there that uses bitcoin entirely is one of the people instead of bitcoin. like the money used to buy a bomb, it's not money's fault but the person who bought it. I think like that.
Addywealth

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:25:04 PM

Like every other currencies bitcoin and other altcoins can be used for corruption, terrorism and crime. That is why am of the opinion  that bitcoin should be regulated and taxed so that deviant can be tracked down.
zain_h332

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:37:01 PM

Not right to directly relate Bitcoin with the criminals. Crime took place with any currency but using Bitcoin for criminal activity is not a good option. As your transaction is easily accessed on blockchain by anyone. you will be traced easily.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:43:09 PM

Well the black market will always look out for an illegal way to carry out they activities, and bitcoin being decentralized is seen as an object to be use to accomplish the illegal deals. Most transactions in the dark market are carried out using bitcoin and other currencies that are hard to be trace to them.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:50:07 PM

Crimes would still exist with our without bitcoin and any other cryptocurrencies. Fiat is being used for broad daylight crimes. What about ? Most people who try to criticize bitcoin in this respect usually have ulterior motives; they fear most people are being empowered.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: