Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
Gamblet

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:01:35 PM

Cryptocurrencies can help criminals to some extent. Policies need to first deal with crime and not with cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:02:59 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Criminals will always use bitcoin just as they use dollars and other currencies to carry out they transactions in the dark market, and bitcoin being decentralized and untraceable is an advantage to them to use it to do most of they illegal deals without trace and enemies of bitcoin are now using such avenue to discredit the credibility of bitcoin.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:38:07 PM

Bitcoin is not responsible for this.Criminal commit their crime anyhow.Before bitcoin here was crime and it will be if bitcoin don't exist
Yes before bitcoin criminal activities are happen but now the activities are happen with the help of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is ban in many country like North Korea, Bangladesh etc for  this reason. Bitcoin provide its user an high-level privacy and uninterrupted money transaction facility due to this many people using this to hide their black money. Some other criminal activities like anti money laundering, kidnapping, childprongraphy.etc. Many anti social people using Bitcoin as a fraud to people.
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:17:12 PM

Yes, without doubt bitcoin is used for illegal actions, but also bitcoin has positive aspects. I think that every medal has two sides and everything that is created with a noble purpose, bad people will use for their own purposes.
SkynetInvasion

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:23:50 PM

they have some consideration to give
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:34:04 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 09:02:55 AM by Rana590

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
To track the transaction and identity is not easy work for police and government. They can be collect it from ico or trading platform kyc. But it is most serious problem right now that criminals are using it for their crimes.
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:35:56 PM

The popularity of bitcoins among the dealers of the criminal world has decreased, as the criminal world pays more attention to more secure cryptocurrencies. This conclusion was reached by experts.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:37:14 PM

Bitcoin has its own ideology and school of thought. Criminals are just using that property if anonymity of bitcoin to do their own things. I don't think SATOSHI was thinking that way.  Criminals are always faster thinkers and look for where they will be free or things will be easy for them and bitcoin transactions is one that they can use.
louis sean

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:49:11 AM

I think criminals will be happen in every where. the bitcoin is secure,so it is possible. your identity cannot be tracked. the hackers, terrorists, and other criminals can use bitcoin for illegal trades.
purgs08

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:55:38 AM

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
all kinds of demon hacker are get RID Cheesy it's also they want BTC for trading on deep weeb  Undecided
Luminous-Nova

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:56:54 AM

many terrorist or criminalls using internet, should we call it illegal or criminall ?!
bitcoinrunners001

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:59:20 AM

It's hard to separate crime from bitcoin because the bitcoin storage is very tight and can not be tracked as well. Now,many criminals that are using bitcoin to place illegal transactions.Criminals have a significant relationship in the sense that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while criminals always wanted to get their illicit activities done in an untraceable manner.
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 11:46:13 AM

the reason why criminals invoke the bitcoin because they just enter the crypto currency they do not know how to do it other than they entrust money to others to invest in bitcoin they trust they do not know what bitcoin they just hoped None of the others reported the police and arrested the pretender who wished to invest in trading

Dfinest

Activity: 461
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:21:52 PM

Criminals can use Bitcoin, but this is true for almost everything in the world, therefore making a clear connection between Bitcoin and villains or organized crime is not the wisest thing to do. Some regulation wouldn't hurt, of course, but criminals will always find their ways to do bad things, this is inevitable.
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:25:00 PM

People care to much about criminals using bitcoins and i don't understand why, If there was no bitcoin, they would use the dollar, euro and other types of currencies.

lauranaura67

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

People care to much about criminals using bitcoins and i don't understand why, If there was no bitcoin, they would use the dollar, euro and other types of currencies.

And everything would be the same.
This kind of discussions are pretty useless.
You can't blame the tool (BTC) for some person's actions.
susuberuang

Activity: 926

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:10:15 PM

I think bitcoin is not very good when used for criminal acts because I see bitcoin is a neutral digital currency and I'm very sad when I know bitcoin is used for criminal acts, it will make the name of bitcoin to be ugly and worthless because it is used for criminal acts .
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:19:49 PM

I think bitcoin is not very good when used for criminal acts because I see bitcoin is a neutral digital currency and I'm very sad when I know bitcoin is used for criminal acts, it will make the name of bitcoin to be ugly and worthless because it is used for criminal acts .
but some people used this for and i have been actually read some article about this on how they used this for in some criminal things that they have to take on, but even though we people surround here that are used this for in a good way are avoiding and not do the same way on how some other people does for.
crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

We all know that many illeglal actions have been done with the bitcoin 'lable' on it, like we should not forget that the bitcoin is just a tool and people are the ones who are guilty and commited a crime.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:57:08 AM

Everything that can be used by criminals is or will be in the near future. THat's a fact.

By tips? Investigations? Bitcoin has to be spent somewhere.

It's not. It's like saying that dogs are a problem to society because once in a while a dog wounds or kills a man.

Bitcoin is different from criminals it is created to have a successful ways of living.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: