Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
Rubble898zaitO

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:21:34 AM

Bitcoin can be used by anyone, anytime on however they want to use it. So Bitcoin is not to be blame on anything that happens on how it was used, people should be accountable on the things that they do and the consequences of their actions. Also the governments should take the people accountable on their actions not just ban and blame the tool because it has all other good purposes, you cannot just ban it because it can be use on some bad ones.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Opple

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 09:17:31 AM

Hi friends, I would like to tell you about such a wonderful project as Crypro Credit card, in short Crypto Credit Card - the platform based on the blockchain technology Ethereum, with its own crypto-exchanges and mobile banking services, I think it says a lot , this ICO project is currently one of the most promising at the moment, it has a good future and it is capable of much, this company employs an excellent team of professionals who will soon show the capabilities of its cool cryptocurrency, I think it is worth looking at the expense of this project, I think soon will fly to the moon, , participation in which can take absolutely everyone without investing any effort, I think it is worth thinking about buying this cryptocurrency, again, but soon shoot, it is better to buy on the ICO , because the prices are completely different.The project is presented with a large number of new and interesting programs. Join and invest in this great project and become a part of it,otherwise you will regret later that you did not invest your money in Crypto credit card, because its really good idea
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:05:05 AM

Criminality will never and must not tag with bitcoin. Criminal are just using the name of bitcoin on their wrong or bad doing. This is the reason why other people are thinking that bitcoin is a bad doing because of those criminal that are using the name of the bitcoin on their illegal transactions. Here in our country there are a lot of cases that some people were been scammed and fraud by those criminals using the name of bitcoin. Also by those criminals using the name of bitcoin is the reason for some of countries to banned bitcoin in their country.
BTC_BTC

Activity: 158

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:09:53 AM

I think it has nothing to do with bitcoin, it all goes back to individual thought and behavior. The bottom line is that hacking is not just because of bitcoins, savings accounts containing fiat money balances can also be hacked.
Even when there is no internet, people have committed a crime. And this happened long before civilization.
DisWhale

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

Improve your mode of payment with crypto

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 10:12:27 AM

It is rather unfortunate that some governments have refused to realize the numerous benefits of Bitcoin and have rather chosen to attribute the emergence of crimes with the emergence of Bitcoin. Probably, people need more insight to acknowledge the fact that Bitcoin has no relationship with criminal acts.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:18:00 AM

It is rather unfortunate that some governments have refused to realize the numerous benefits of Bitcoin and have rather chosen to attribute the emergence of crimes with the emergence of Bitcoin. Probably, people need more insight to acknowledge the fact that Bitcoin has no relationship with criminal acts.

They all know that, they know that Bitcoin can be used in illegal acts and it is their own decision why they ban or do not legalize Bitcoin. We can't do anything about their decisions but the good thing is there are still a lot of countries that accepts Bitcoin and in the future, they might use it as a normal currency, I just hope.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:20:37 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
I don't think the invention of bitcoin is main course of criminal activities. Before bitcoin those nefarious acts were still in the system. I believe bitcoin has nothing to do with criminality even though some economies has sanction bitcoin trading. With time people will understand cryptocurrencies and would finally distinguish it from criminal acts
denny27

Activity: 546
Merit: 101

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:27:48 AM

Where there are benefits to be gained, there certainly be a crime that can be done by anyone. Because the characteristic of bitcoin or crypto itself., is still showing things that are vulnerable to negative activities that occur on the internet, of course this still be one thing that is still very in worry by the certain countries.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:50:23 AM

Illegal activities are generally difficult to trace especially when evidence seems to be difficult to trace and cryptocurrency might be one of the evidence which might be difficult to trace to a particular identity. being anonymous in making transaction is a pros for criminals but cons for government and other organisation that need identity verifications. As the crypto market continue to grow wide the more criminal will continue to use them. example of this is what is happening now with some ICO where so many faceless people have defrauded people of their savings (Denaro etc)
TitanGEL

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:54:02 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
There are now criminals that are now using bitcoins because they know that the government will have hard time to trace the transaction. They using bitcoins as payments because of its advantages which is being decentralized.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄██████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀  ▄█████▀   ▄▄▄▄ ▄██▀▄████▄  ▀███████████
█████████▀  ▄██████  ▄█████▄██▀▄  ██████▄  ▀█████████
███████▀  ▄███████  ▄████▄██▀███▄  ███████▄  ▀███████
███████▄  ▀███████  ▀██▄██▀█████▀  ███████▀  ▄███████
█████████▄  ▀██████  ▄██▀██████▀  ██████▀  ▄█████████
███████████▄  ▀████▄██▀ ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█████▀  ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄▄█████████████
███████ ██ ████▄ ▄████ ▄▄ ████ ▄▄ ███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
███████ ▀▀ █████ █████ ▀▀ ████ ▄▄▄███ ████ ▄▄ ███████
                      ▄██▄
██████   ██         ▄██████▄
                  ▄██████████▄
  ██████        ▄███████▀▀▀▀███▄
              ▄███████ ▄████▄ ███▄
            ▄████████ ████████ ████▄
           ██████████ ████████ ██████
            ▀███████▀  ▀████▀ █████▀
█████         ▀███▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄█████▀
                ▀██▄███████████▀
  ██ ██████       ▀██████████▀
                    ▀██████▀
                      ▀██▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
stripewhite

Activity: 50

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:55:32 AM

The US dollar is used by criminals. Pablo Escobar built a billion dollar cocaine empire without having access to bitcoin.
worldsuccess01

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:06:15 AM

Right, mostly of criminals now are educated so no reason one of the bitcoin popular in the world is not easy to planning it.
berrieswithwine

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:06:40 AM

"Freedom is used buy criminals", lets face it if we embrace the surveillance state, and everything everyone does is constantly monitored by the state... there would be a lot less crime. Less crime perpetrated by the subjects of the state at least, the governments will still be allowed to get away with murder of course.
Vzae

Activity: 431

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:16:12 AM

Actually bitcoin can't be blamed entirely as a result of existing criminal incidents. because everything depends on each bitcoin holder, will be used for good or bad.
StarLucas

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:18:42 AM

This argument is the lowest form of debate by tulip lovers and politicians who want to scare you into supporting their anti bitcoin laws.

Criminals use whatever enables them to succeed. The USD is the most used currency for money laundering and crime.

The world should ban burner phones? Why don’t they ban guns before bitcoin? Or getaway cars?
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:21:16 AM

If BTC is bad because criminals then I argue then using Internet is bad because criminals.

I know many criminals who use English to communicate they should switch to Japanese if they want to use the "if criminals use" arguments.
Grechkatx

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:21:38 AM

Yes, maybe, because currently divorced many such bad people, and I pouldu.you will definitely be careful on the Internet namely those people who are connected on the Internet with money.
Skyenet

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:22:50 AM

This is sad, but true, with this anonimous system of payments we have a great opportunities for them to work their bad deals
rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:34:11 AM

This is sad, but true, with this anonimous system of payments we have a great opportunities for them to work their bad deals

Yes, bitcoin can be easily use by criminals most especially that the transaction of bitcoin is hard to trace because anyone can easily create an accounts to be use in their illegal activities
memeyh

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 11:40:39 AM

Yes, bitcoin can be easily use by criminals most especially that the transaction of bitcoin is hard to trace because anyone can easily create an accounts to be use in their illegal activities
this is why some countrys banned the used of bitcoin. they scared criminals used blockchain technology for a bad thing like money laundering and terrorism. this blockchain technology are very suitable for hacker and criminals for being hard to trace on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: