Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:03:19 PM

Convertible digital currencies like bitcoin are potentially vulnerable for criminal purposes or illegal transactions such as terrorism financing, money laundering and many more, but it doesn’t say that bitcoin is created through that reason maybe people take the advantage of using this currency because bitcoin provide greater anonymity. Even though bitcoin ledger is public, the payment instruction contain only alphanumeric identifiers of the counterparties, but not their names (so called pseudonymity).
it is because of anonymity that it is possible to abuse crypto currency. Thus, it is possible to launder illegally obtained funds and, with the help of the crypto currency, engage in criminal activities. It seems to me that all the Crypto-currency is in the risk zone.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:16:23 PM

Remember the story of Edward Snowden. Governments now have technologies that are easily searchable by anyone. Most often it is simply not in their interest.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dondisimo

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:08:18 PM

Simply, the system and technologies of cryptocurrencies are not yet perfect. With their help the crooks to easily launder money. This is a long process and the currencies will not reach perfection soon.

Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:13:21 PM

criminals use bitcoin for illegal transaction because bitcoin is decentralization but with or without bitcoin, criminality will still exist, it depends on who use bitcoin. bitcoin is not related about criminality because actually most of people used bitcoin for positive reason such as investment and I believe that is the one of reason why bitcoin can survive until now.
I agree with you, the criminals use everything possible, and torture, unfortunately, was no exception! But I'm sure that bitcoin is more useful than dangerous.
Yes, as far as I see bitcoin was used in a positive way especially as a source of income. Maybe there are few who used it in illegal things but still most of them in good. Bitcoin was so helpful to anyone who used it. We cant remove criminality anywhere because as long as there is anyone who want to donit we cant stop them because its there will unless they will get caught.

White Christmas

Activity: 882
Merit: 258

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:18:33 PM

criminals use bitcoin for illegal transaction because bitcoin is decentralization but with or without bitcoin, criminality will still exist, it depends on who use bitcoin. bitcoin is not related about criminality because actually most of people used bitcoin for positive reason such as investment and I believe that is the one of reason why bitcoin can survive until now.
I agree with you, the criminals use everything possible, and torture, unfortunately, was no exception! But I'm sure that bitcoin is more useful than dangerous.
Bitcoin was not created because of criminals so that they can transact easily, it was created because the inventor wants change in the technology, and in the payment system, and to have at least cash less society.
I agree that it was not created for criminals but the truth was there still used it to do some illegal things. Bitcoin has a different usage depending on the user of it. If will going to used it for good or not. But I believe they wont used it for crimes because it was very helpful to them without doing any bad things. It can give you huge money as you work for it.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
arguelles84

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

Crypto currency is firmly embedded in our everyday life. They pay for a variety of goods and services, but the resident of the American state of Illinois came to mind the original idea to pay bitcoins for the custom murder of his lover's wife Grin Grin
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:31:53 PM

Crypto currency is firmly embedded in our everyday life. They pay for a variety of goods and services, but the resident of the American state of Illinois came to mind the original idea to pay bitcoins for the custom murder of his lover's wife Grin Grin
It's an illegal act that can be done when we use bitcoin. Bitcoin has so many conveniences that there are some people who use bitcoin for illegal actions and harming others. This is actually the negative side of bitcoin because bitcoin can not be traced to its use.
cutikanzilong

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:32:45 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
yes I think so too, the government prohibits the existence of bitcoin transactions is one of them due to crime, Bitcoin difficult to trace and become a tool of illegal transactions
udivkx

Activity: 279
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:34:35 PM

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are often used for fraudulent purposes. This is how the offshore companies that are difficult to track + anonymously and without intermediaries. Sad

kickdapa

Activity: 627
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:43:51 PM

I think this is one of the main reason for bitcoin fallen and many people don't like bitcoin for this reason. Because it's trying that bitcoin is using in dark side of the world. I mean in Crime, Child Abuse Graphy or Darknet uses bitcoin as a payment and police even can't find them. I have read an article about it. It causes bad effect on bitcoin.

Nakedbitcoin

Activity: 226
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:05:49 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

The main goal of the bitcoin is to help people by improving their economic growth and life style,  especially those country's who suffer of poverty. Because bitcoin is very different fro other business.. We can gain money without a capital or we can gain money through investment this is how nice this creation. But those bad people are riding this creation they use bitcoin for their personal bad intention.. Like scamming people using the name of bitcoin. Smuggling,  terrorizing, human trafficking. This are the reason why bitcoin is very affected from bad issues. I
bitvelk

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:38:21 PM

Crime in digital currencies will exist until a better system is in place. Security, speed and anonymity are the first problems.

cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:56:20 PM

I agree with those who excuse the btc. Humanity throughout history has always found criminal systems in all aspects of collective life. It is normal that even the use of the btc has given occasions to commit a crime.
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:59:30 PM

Bitcoin doesn't have any doings with criminals. Be that as it may, offenders have business with bitcoin. When they enlist a wise individual and ace on the most proficient method to control or hack the safe framework, culprits can have an entrance to millions records everywhere throughout the world. What's more, pull back the cash to exhaust in bombs or what ever hard weapon.
MahalQu2612

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:01:04 AM

It's not about how curing is gonna work, it's about how can we prevent it. Many countries which are thought to ban bitcoin are in fact only regulating the use of bitcoin, and are just banning the illegal stuff that are putting a bad name to bitcoin. Bitcoin is not at problem here at it has always provide for its users, we just need to find a way to prevent this illegalities and put a stop to these heinous acts that puts bitcoin in bad light.
notyours

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:22:53 AM

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
It is difficult to prevent, especially since no identity is found on every bitcoin transaction. So this is a great challenge for us bitcoiners.
We can not deny that bitcoins actually use illegal transactions and we can not do it here.
Flomo

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 04:19:30 AM

this is a difficult thing, hackers and criminals are criminals that are difficult to detect in the world of crypto. we should be more careful to prevent it from happening to us.
alon_alon

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:04:16 AM

Yes, it is true Bitcoin is often used in illegal terms and is very difficult to trace their illegal transactions. I hope the actions of such bad people can be processed and punished accordingly. Naturally, if the Government forbids Bitcoin in his country. Because if not monitored Bitcoin can have a living impact on the community. Yes, it depends on ourselves that uses Bitcoin in positive or negative ways.
Suguha

Activity: 218

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:10:23 PM

It is true the problem if the society is the people because the people in the society are the one who commit crime, nowadays, most of the people don't have a decent job so, some of they are making crime to fulfill their needs in their daily life, maybe some of the criminals use bitcoin to pay people. It is hardh to find the criminals in the bitcoin users because most of the users don't use their real names instead their use another name or their making fake name to make a account.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:14:17 PM

I heard similar news from my country.
Some drug dealers bought drug in the dark web with bitcoin and sold in my country.
It's very difficult to find such people since all btc users are anonymous.
I guess police find them in other ways.
Because of such bad people, using bitcoin for the criminal purpose, we have a lot negative reports about bitcoin.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: