Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
crutu

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

KUWA.ai

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:19:07 PM

bitcoin is always an easy target for criminals because they can easily transfer money from their crime by hiding it into bitcoin. most governments can not legalize bitcoin because bitcoin is widely abused by irresponsible people, but not all bitcoin holders do a negative activity but bitcoin is widely used by everyone who uses it as a money-making business.

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dante4142539

Activity: 411
Merit: 100

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

In the deep web the bitcoin use a money for trading items such as guns and drugs, bitcoin are really big help for them but I think it is not good to use it for wrong doings. That's why the bitcoin has a bad background when it comes to other people.

Code:
[center][b]Member[/b][/center]

[center][url=https://www.martkist.org/](((     MARTKIST     )))     ►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ►  No ICO[/url]
[i][url=https://twitter.com/martkist]TWITTER[/url]     [url=https://www.martkist.org/]▰▰▰▰▰   Decentralized Anarchy!   ▰▰▰▰▰[/url]     [url=https://discord.gg/kVrEPag]DISCORD[/url][/i]
[url=https://www.martkist.org/]►  Decentralized Martket     ►  Alies & Assets     ►  Certificates and More...[/url][/center]
Kristy22

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:26:48 PM

Almost half of all Bitcoin (BTC) transactions sent to date have been associated with illegal activity, a new report has revealed.

Researchers at the University of Sydney have uncovered that a quarter of Bitcoin users have ties to criminal activity and that a little less than half of all Bitcoin transactions have been linked to illicit industries, like drug trafficking and hacking.

These customers are thought to conduct somewhere in the region of 36 million individual transactions per annum, with a total value of around $72 billion. They’re also predicted to hold around $8 billion worth of Bitcoin collectively.

It’s easy to see why the criminal underworld has been drawn to Bitcoin.

The virtual currency is untraceable, providing customers with a way to split money up and move it around, obscuring the breadcrumbs that be used to form a trail, before withdrawing it to a bank account in the shape of a traditional currency.
lorapalmer

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

You can't track any transactions of bitcoins and it gives a room for criminals to do their crimes. You need to take care of your financial safety as anyways crimes happen whether online or offline.

addeqt

Activity: 196
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

I think bitcoin is long way been associated in illegal activities before you even knew it. It has been the currency that fueled silk road, an underground buy and sell site that focuses on trading illegal stuffs like drugs and guns. But the operatives have found a trace on those people and shutdown the whole system. However, illegal activities don't stop there. There are hackers who hack a site, get the company data in exchange for a bitcoin. There are even site with a builtin pow which harness the computing power of its visitor. And i think there are more creative way on how people will use bitcoin and alts in their evelish activities.
Awhore

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:51:30 PM

the truth is there is nothing criminals don't operate with. they use anything within their power to do their illegal business, so bitcoin is not the first neither will it be the last. those who emphasize on criminals using bitcoins are just looking for a way to attack bitcoin and its purpose, thereby looking for unreasonable reasons.
RuslanSamui

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:57:14 PM

Hello everyone, in Russia, many criminals began to use crypto currency. To sell drugs or something like that? Be careful
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:33:04 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades. 
How the police can find about these transactions?

They may not be able to track transactions that occur within blockchain technology, as long as KYC does not function properly.

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that,

Before any Internet they have committed a crime, even before we were born. Evil people are always good at exploiting the situation and conditions they do not care about the place and time nor the type of crime mode, as long as they feel comfortable to do so then there will be a crime will do.
duedil_guy

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:43:17 PM

Unfortunately, It's still is a good market for criminals to hide money when investing, and this is also a good place to launder money  Undecided

https://www.calcalistech.com/ctech/articles/0,7340,L-3738588,00.html
Polkadott

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:07:01 AM

bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad act because it can damage the good name bitcoin. Because actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make payments
Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:24:45 AM

Bitcoin's purpose wasn't like this, but people abused it and used it the other way. So like most of us says, the problem lies not with bitcoin but its users. One of bitcoin's property is being in a transaction anonymously, but the others took advantage of it and used it to execute their illegal motives, and that once again, is a liability in the part of the users, because since it is anonymous the owners/founders or whatever they are called, can't track that transaction and only the user itself has the access to that transaction.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
abhi777

Activity: 457
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:39:26 AM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin and criminality that has become news that is not new anymore even I often read and I hear it is bitcoin there is no rule or prohibition for anyone who invests because bitcoin is still freely accessible to anyone and anywhere it does not rule out the criminals use it to take advantage for crime
Jundel2018

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:37:57 AM

bitcoin made for the payment of criminal action in my opinion it is a bad act because it can damage the good name bitcoin. Because actually bitcoin is a very neutral digital currency which means bitcoin is a tool to make payments

Bitcoin is being used by the criminals to sustain their needs like illegal drugs, cars, guns and etc. Because transaction being made in Bitcoin is anonymous. People will abuse the advantage of what Bitcoin can give. However it will depend to the holder whether to use Bitcoin in the positive way or the negative one.
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:38:49 AM

Criminals can use Bitcoin, but this is true for almost everything in the world, therefore making a clear connection between Bitcoin and villains or organized crime is not the wisest thing to do. Some regulation wouldn't hurt, of course, but criminals will always find their ways to do bad things, this is inevitable.
ys fs

Activity: 234

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:45:29 AM

naturally if bitcoin much targeted by hackers because given the very high bitcoin prices
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:46:53 AM

can not be equated with the criminal because many bad people who take advantage to the internet for the sophistication of things that are not good. so let's think long about the criminal differences with bitcoin
almersyn

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:56:36 AM

Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
I think bitcoin transactions are hard to trace by the police and government. But the police may have its own way to track it without us knowing how. Therefore, to transact with positive things
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:07:07 AM

I think that the police can, if desired, find any person who is suspected of crimes
fire rab1

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:08:49 AM

Due to the anonymity of bitcoin and uncontrolled crime, criminals can use this currency as a trading method. This makes difficult to ordinary police to trace the transaction of bitcoin to apprehend the criminals but my solution in this problem is upgrade the security of the world. Interpol are already using the bitcoin network to track criminals.
toast

Activity: 1582
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:14:35 AM

Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
bitcoin and the result of the crime I think I've heard and read probably because bitcoin can be used by anyone and anywhere without any restrictions on the rules governing its users, all back again to the purpose and intentions of its users for what the result of bitcoin

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: