Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:17:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Criminals and Bitcoin  (Read 4366 times)
Rosscy

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:49:43 PM

Many public misconceptions about the many uses of Bitcoin by criminals, but the thought is wrong thinking. This thought is caused by the many people who think that Bitcoin is anonymous, when in fact Bitcoin is so opposed to it, all transactions Bitcoin transparent and everyone in the world can see the ongoing Bitcoin transactions.

People may not be able to connect a particular individual identity to a Bitcoin transaction directly (this is why sometimes Bitcoin is also called pseudo anonymous), but if they find it, then they can see all the transactions you have done on the Bitcoin network. This is why Bitcoin is the wrong way if you use it for things that are not true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:45:05 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
How the police can find about these transactions?
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.
Well. Criminals and normal people can use bitcoin for transactions as well as criminals and normal people can also use paper money for transactions so for me,  it is nonsense to talk about these. Also,  on your first statement,  it is impossible for a police to track this hackers  for the reason that paying in bitcoin is fast and secured.
That is feared by all governments in the world they think that criminals in their country may use bitcoin for undercover transactions and that can not be monitored by the government and it will complicate the investigation and increase crime. but it is a risk of a technology advances right ? I think the government should start aligning/cooperate instead of banning
Brightcrypto

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

Bitcoin is a Crypto currency that is made for trading and investment, not criminal activity
kenharry

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:47:41 PM

It is  very true that the bitcoin market is infiltrated by criminals notably the hackers. Apprehending these criminals has not always been easy as they are faceless, effectively hidden by the web. 
Lucas Riley

Activity: 64

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:17:02 PM

I have seen some news regarding hackers, terrorists, and other criminals using bitcoin for illegal trades.
Even if is hard to track illegal transactions, I don't think that Bitcoin can be a danger to society, since the problem is the society and its people.
Since the beginning of the internet this is happening ( the bad people committing crimes)  and no one is willing to shutdown internet because of that, so in that matters Bitcoin should be equivalent. I think those illegal transaction are one of the reasons some governments and the media are trying to depreciate bitcoin, but the problem is not Crypto/blockchain or Bitcoin, is just the society.

I wouldn't pay any attention to this nonsense. Whenever a new technology comes about it's inevitable that it will be used by criminals. They are always looking for an edge. Look at when the Internet came about! It was all about sex, drugs and fraud they said. Now look what it has become. I can see the save evolution for bitcoin/cryptocurrency
fipper

Activity: 383

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:26:29 PM

bitcoin and criminality I think is familiar because we also know bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere without any limitations or binding rules so back again to the purpose of the bitcoin investors
Bitcoin2009

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:34:58 PM

This is sad because illegal transactions are increasing and utilizing bitcoin, I'm afraid that this is the reason of many countries to freeze bitcoin so threatening the future of bitcoin.
BelieveInBTC

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:44:57 PM

I don't see anything wrong with criminals using Bitcoin. We can't avoid it. Cryptocurrencies and even fiats are used for illegal purposes such as selling and buying drugs. It is impossible to get rid of such transactions completely. We should not blame and ban Bitcoin only because of that. Many people don't understand it and they try to blame Bitcoin all the time. There are many other cryptocurrencies which are more anonymous than Bitcoin and they are used illegally now.

Ayaancool

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:22:00 PM

To trase the bitcoin transactions are not possible by the police because they kept  it very confidentially. This is the main disadvantage that I have ever seen in it. It's a world rule nothing is 100 % perfect,every thing have a negative and positive side. So try to focus on positive side and give full concentration on your trading.
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:33:46 PM

Never blame the bitcoin because of human's mistakes. Human is the one who manipulates bitcoin for their own good. The government is afraid that bitcoin will be a major disaster for the world and the country they love because bad people can take advantage from bitcoin because it's untraceable. So it will be hard for the government to trace suspicious record which can be used by bad people to transfer their funds secretly.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Dessy Nurvianti

Activity: 113

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:59:12 PM

The criminals are attracted to bitcoins because of its anonymity and untraceability feature. Criminal organizations are reportedly into cryptocurrency for their money laundering operations. This is one of the reasons why I’m all for government recognition. To prevent bitcoins from being synonymous with illegal activities. It’s bad enough that some people think of it as a scam or a Ponzi Scheme. The regulations will greatly help bitcoin become mainstream.  Smiley
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:31:45 PM

Crime has always been and the emergence of the crypto currency for its growth does not particularly affect. Bitcoin is used for illegal purposes only in ten percent of cases. Therefore, this should not be a problem. Especially not our problem. This should be the problem of the relevant law enforcement agencies. They are created for this and receive wages for their work.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:45:11 PM

Crime has always been and the emergence of the crypto currency for its growth does not particularly affect. Bitcoin is used for illegal purposes only in ten percent of cases. Therefore, this should not be a problem. Especially not our problem. This should be the problem of the relevant law enforcement agencies. They are created for this and receive wages for their work.
We don't need to make things complicated right now, we cannot really control crimes, and we cannot eliminate criminals, we are surrounded by so many criminals even here in forum that is why extra care is very important in all aspect in our life.
qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:53:28 PM

Yes I totally agree with that!

For the same reason, much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive effects like the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people' can use.

so, not the right thing if bitcoins are synonymous with criminals such as money laundering, terrorists, hackers etc.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:14:22 PM

Although we could all agree that it is true abd bitcoin is indeed getting involved in criminality, it is just normal for a powerful product as bitcoin to experience. These news about bitcoin being used by criminals shpuldn't scare new investors or discourage the ones that had already placed their investments because the blockchaim technoligy is there to support abd make sure that bitcoin is very suitable for all kibds  of people.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:36:26 AM

bitcoin with the news of crime I think it has become common news and scattered because we also know bitcoin can be accessed by anyone and anywhere without any age and status restriction so many countries are refusing bitcoin to be accessed in their country by reason of crime, back again all depending on the intent and purpose of the investors in the investment

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:45:24 PM

yes bitcoins is also use in illegal transactions criminals take advantage of this its because bitcoins are so hard the track and also its negative part of bitcoins because of this criminals can move freely without hesitation but if you think about it the advantages of the bitcoin currency has given to us, the perks from using it are a ton they made transactions easier and much more and if used right i know that bitcoin will change the society and surely will have impact at the economy.
Bitcoin is not really that difficult to track, that is just a myth perpetuated by those that do not really know how bitcoin works, also while the advantages of bitcoin surpass any kind of drawback you must understand that most of the advantages of bitcoin are given to the people and not to the governments which is why they want to ban bitcoin because they do not get anything out of it.
THATBTC

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:30:01 PM

that's what the people say cuz they want to keep our money in his banks

but, it's the same
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:27:58 PM

In my opinion, however, many people said they would sponsor criminals. But with any currency criminals will also have a secretive financing approach, should not blame all for the BTC is anonymous. Previously, there was no BTC that criminals did not have any sources to finance them .....

Yakult

Activity: 144

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:43:08 PM

Internet is anymous. No one can track the transaction that was made it. No personal identity was provided and wallets might be trackable but not accessible to anyone. Government cannot touch bitcoin unless they shutdown internet all over the world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: