Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters should be paid in ETH  (Read 4529 times)
Soke

Activity: 101
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:52:12 AM

I am positive that investors would prefer that the team pay out bounties with Ethereum instead of the actual tokens they have invested in.  Bounty hunters often dump their bounties immediately when it is listed on an exchange.  This effects the price negatively if the trading volume isn't high. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vladimirhf

Activity: 590
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:56:16 AM

Many of ICOs allocate some of the tokens to participants in bounty campaigns. Don't you think it is better to give bounty participnats reward in ETH?
1-2% of the money raised is not so much and bounty participants deserve that. Also, it can cause more investors to attract. Because they are no longer worry about the price fall after bounties are paid.

this makes no sense. ico is a crowdfunding, they collect eth to start the project. and they sell tokens, they have lots of tokens.

where this eth for hunters should come from?  Cheesy if you have a better plan...
bridgeport

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:06:54 AM

Many of ICOs allocate some of the tokens to participants in bounty campaigns. Don't you think it is better to give bounty participnats reward in ETH?
1-2% of the money raised is not so much and bounty participants deserve that. Also, it can cause more investors to attract. Because they are no longer worry about the price fall after bounties are paid.

This really solves the scam problem but can developer is capable of doing this? because it been a practice that ICO developer created a token for a project and sold it, the investor and hunters had no idea about the real value, it depends the sales obtain, but by giving definite value on it defies the current process of ICO.
Muktar

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:14:31 AM

you are right buddy, to overcome the price of token dump after ICO, a good solution if bounty hunter is paid by ETH, and it will also attract more investors to invest in the ICO project Smiley
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:15:10 AM

This really solves the scam problem but can developer is capable of doing this? because it been a practice that ICO developer created a token for a project and sold it, the investor and hunters had no idea about the real value, it depends the sales obtain, but by giving definite value on it defies the current process of ICO.
If we choose to get paid in ETH, for sure we will not receive a good amount of sharing because it's like you are asking to get paid with BTC
and we know they are giving fix rate. I think the exciting part is to receive a token or coin that are still new, it has more room to grow and it could fail
as well, so we just have to accept the risk.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
CFXAY

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:17:03 AM

You are right, but they will not do this because they need to promote their coins instead of ETH.
ronsaldo

Activity: 217
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:31:31 AM

Bounty hunters should be paid in ETH ? I think it is better to paid in both ethereum and tokens, so that bounty hunters cab acquire more rewards than what they are expecting to earn. Most bounty hunters are honest in their works and reports, in this case , they must deserve what the best rewards they can receive in their patience and gratitude in doing bounties.
jlqueen

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:34:14 AM

I think that it would be most appropriate to provide in the forms we fill out the possibility of obtaining new tokens or ethereum of choice. Someone may be interested in tokens, and someone needs ETH. However, in fact, paying in ETH would cause considerable interest of bounty hunters to ICO projects. In this case, the ICO team will have to set the limit of the number of participants in the generosity campaign, since a hard limit will already be established in the ETH and an increase in the number of participants in the generosity campaign will sometimes result in overspending of the allocated funds. For the ICO team, this is an extra job and they are unlikely to want to do it.
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:38:05 AM

Bounty hunters quite often don't get awarded the coins or these are quite few but that's bounty campaigns and we should get more in the future.
I don't understand why you are saying mate, OP mean that we as bounty hunters should be paid in ETH rather than tokens from their ICO. If you think that we are not awarded bounty tokens after ICO then this is a good move since we will be paid no matter what will happen to their project after the crowdsale ends.
kadan500

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:45:55 AM

This is not important. I think first, the project party needs to be a real development project, and secondly, to fulfill its promise, to genuinely issue the currency, and third, to develop the project according to schedule and disclose it. As long as this is done, the price of tokens will have a very good increase, and it will be more profitable than owning Ethernet.
aderupoko

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:59:38 AM

I think a lot of bounty hunters who want to get paid using token than ETH, because the price of these tokens can exceed the ETH price they received ,,, but besides that there is also a risk because many Tokens are sold in the market, and even some whose prices fall below the price ICO after entering the market ...
green.grass38

Activity: 99

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:17:37 AM

Unlike the idea but I dont think the team of an ICO would do this payment system because sometimes they would really love to see this bounty hunters sell their altcoins at the dump moment as long as their investors are already safe by sending tokens at early moments compare to the bounty hunters.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 10:23:44 AM

It is less risky for the ico team to dedicate tokens from the sold tokens pool into the bounty because the token only has a market value after it is listed on exchanges.

However, regulatory changes could soon have token allocation for bounties ruled out. So you might see ETH bounties at some point this year.

Will this force KYC more? We are now using a popular coin as the means of payment. I am not contradicting this, I also wanted to be paid in ETH or BTC for I think it will be more safe and less volatile than startup tokens. I am just saying that most people including me wouldn't like to do KYC.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:16:39 AM

It is less risky for the ico team to dedicate tokens from the sold tokens pool into the bounty because the token only has a market value after it is listed on exchanges.

However, regulatory changes could soon have token allocation for bounties ruled out. So you might see ETH bounties at some point this year.

Will this force KYC more? We are now using a popular coin as the means of payment. I am not contradicting this, I also wanted to be paid in ETH or BTC for I think it will be more safe and less volatile than startup tokens. I am just saying that most people including me wouldn't like to do KYC.

Not all bounty are requiring kyc, there's still projects that allowed participants to received their tokens without any kyc requirements, I think it still depends, OP's arguments can be right in terms of assurance while other bounty hunters are also enjoying the payments such tokens knowing that
there's a high chances that the value will be more greater than expected.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Linggis

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 11:49:10 AM

Yes, that's what happened to this day.
There are many ICO Projects that allocate token funds to Bounty Hunters as campaign rewards.
Maybe this is a strategy to boost the popularity of coins made by ICO organizers.
If using Ethereum as a payment then there will be a lot of fund allocation for Bounty hunter and this is not a good strategy for ICO developers.
Dim4ik

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 11:52:06 AM

If bounty hunters will be paid on the air then you can forget about the subscription for 10-20 thousand dollars, you will pay mere pennies. I am solely for payment in tokens of the project itself, it is much more profitable
damiham

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:16:03 PM

paying bounty hunters with etherum wont make sense,because most token got from bounties need to be converted once they are given ,,once such token is listed in exchange
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 12:37:35 PM

This can be a good idea for avoiding the bounty hunter effect. But I do not think many projects will do this. Because of the money, they earned from the ICO to develop the project, I do not think they will extract that amount to pay for the bounty hunter. If so, the reward for the bounty hunter will be very small compared to paying with a token. Joining the projected bounty is no different than investing in a project as it takes time to get rewards and bet it will be successful, so I think the project also wants to pay with a token.
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 12:38:16 PM

For me must better to give to the bounty was a altcoins not ETH , Because if we accept altcoins there will be a chance this will multiply the altcoins that you receive in the bounty campaign. Actually it was better to accepted ETH to those willing to be paid for ETH.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
katawan4741
Copper Member

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 12:52:05 PM

It would definitely benifits bounters if the rewards would be in ETH cause they will be paid for the hard worked they put to promote/advertise or anything the project so once the project turns into scam bounty hunters have nothing to worry cause they got paid for their work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: