Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:37:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761530 times)
iruu

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

Here r instructions proposed by me. Only pure logic, block/transaction handling will be added later. All numbers r signed 64-bit integers when accessing Data and signed 32-bit integers when referring to Code.

Legend: C - constant, M - memory

M = C
M = M

M = M + M
M = M - M
M = M * M
M = M / M
M = M % M

M = ~M
M = M & M
M = M | M
M = M ^ M
M = M << M
M = M >> M
M = M >>> M

M == M @ C (this is read as "if M1 equals M2 then jump to instruction at position C")
M != M @ C
M < M @ C
M <= M @ C
M > M @ C
M >= M @ C
@ M (this is an unconditional jump)

Nothing extraordinary.
Where is indirect memory access?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

How is the script being included into the scripts-blockchain? By sending it to forgers like transactions?
How is the script being deactivated on the blockchain i.e. nobody can execute in anymore?

Who has the permissions to do what?

Like a transaction.
Scripts r executed when blocks r added to the blockchain.

Anyone can do that.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:45:19 PM

Where is indirect memory access?

M can be accessed as [C] or [M].
marcus03

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:49:25 PM

Here is version 1.6 of my Windows NXT client "NXT Solaris". Still closed-source, but I am getting at it... :-)

The future open-source client is still missing the market graphs and all data grids show raw data only. I still need to finish the GUI design here.

Changelog
Changed for v1.6:
-Two versions are now included: closed and (future) open source version (open source code to be released until February 16th, 2014)
-Starter application lets you choose between open and closed source version
-NRS and JRE are now bundled with NXT Solaris. One download to get up and running.
-Updated Vircurex API address
-Removed NxtChg.com exchange
-Random secrets are now 25 characters long to make the keypass password quality display happy (it doesn’t know the size of the alphabet)
-A couple of bug fixes

Download
64-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.6-64bit.zip (132 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.6-64bit.zip: F509E1EABD75A579E5C1238A64C32C0240FB3AC6DD933488F501E3949F6DAF6A

32-bit Version: NXTSolaris-v1.6-32bit.zip (128 MB) – Download here
SHA256 checksum for NXTSolaris-v1.6-32bit.zip: 3ADD9268CECD5EF9479E26BDD35C9EDC002AFA785A646F5BA44E3D77E3993BB3

For screenshots and everything else please visit: http://nxtsolaris.wordpress.com/

Installation
Simply unzip the archive and run the NXTSolarisStarter.exe file.

The current version 1.6 is not compatible with previous versions, so please delete any existing NXT Solaris files before updating to 1.6.

Roadmap
1.) Move current version of my code to XE5 and release closed source 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows. [DONE]
2.) Refactor code to a MVC architecture, so that I can create separate GUIs while using the same version of the business logic code. [DONE]
3.) Create new GUIs for Windows and OS X using the same business logic, but based on the cross-platform Firemonkey libraries. [90% DONE]
4.) Release Windows version (32 and 64 bit) based on FireMonkey. [DONE]
5.) Release source-code for FireMonkey Windows version (February 16th, 2014 latest)
6.) Implement new features from the TODO list
7.) OSX compatibility changes
8.) Release OSX version based on FireMonkey.
9.) Release source code for FireMonkey OSX version.

TODO list
-OS version: Design all data grids
-OS version: Market graph
-Offer a simple and advanced GUI, with the simple GUI targeted at new users
-Implement client side Curve25519 encryption/signing
-Arbitrary message encryption

Donations
I hope you like my client and I’d be extremely happy to see some donations for the future of this project!

NXT: 1758531264253431177
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:51:57 PM

Just want to catch on the discussion we had this afternoon about features and target audience for nxt.

1. (Possible) Features:
- TF for instant transactions
- TF + punishment against 50% attacks (correct?)
- no bloated blockchain
- energy friendly crypto
- mobile friendly crypto
- easy to add new features
- many many TPS
- parallel blockchains
- blockchain shrinking
- decentralized exchange
- colored coins
- decentralized voting/opiniongrabber
- decentralized AM (data storage, link storage (eg torrents), encrypted messaging, ...)
- dividend payouts (all fees per block) for everyone instead of mining of the few with lots of power
- Turing capability
- smart contracts
- anonymous transactions
- SMS gateway

2. Today it was clear that the nxt community isn't sure yet, which features are the most important ones, which could be ignored in favor of other features (some exclude each other), and who the target audience is. Would it be easier if we knew plan 2 and 3 from BCNext? I don't know. But regardless of BCNext's plans, we should discuss this topic in the community: which is our target audience now, next months and in one year? Does this depend on the features we implement or does the features depend on the audience we want to tackle? The answer is clear (or is nxt just fundamental research?) That's why we should discuss this.

3. Some thoughts on some features and their implications:
- TF was and is our key ingredient in nxt. I have no clue at which state it is right now, who will develop all the core ingredients of TF (JL?) and how important it will be in one year
- bloated blockchain: although I was quite shocked about today's statements about the size of the blockchain, I see it more clearly now. First of all I think it is still bad because solar powered  RaspberryPis and AndroidTV sticks will not work for securing the nxt network in the future, IF we will get to a large TPS. The idea of thousands of raspberrypis working and securing nxt is dead. That's really sad because it was a really nice idea, especially marketing wise. Otherwise, I came to the conclusion that our chain should currently be measured with the same transaction amount as bitcoin has right now. And then, our block chain is cute and tiny.
- we are still very energy friendly, but the loss of raspberrypis in the future is a slap in the marketing face
- with lightweight clients, we are able to use nxt on every smartphone. BUT is this different and superior to BTC if we can’t actually forge with our phone? (Leasing forge power is not the same since we are not really part of the nxt network with the phone). When we implement block shrinking and parallel blockchains, we could shovel weight of the important transaction chain which means smartphones and raspberrypis could work longer for nxt (until how many TPS? I have one clue)
- SMS gateway (bounty by CfB) must be developed (eg Africa is using SMS as some sort of currency). This would be a really nice feature, especially for marketing
- do we need turing stuff? if we have the resources to develop this (i don’t want CfB to waste his energy if this is a nice, but not a must have feature or if this feature would make some other features impossible (like high TPS or no bloated blockchain)), let’s do it. it is nice marketing also.
- High and fast TPS is important for a special target audience (professionals like people relying on VISA). It was advertised big since the beginning. if we are able to keep this promise, then we must do this. or we also should look at the possibility of hight TPS if we implement other features which might interfere with hight TPS.
- anonymous transactions is a freaking HUGE opportunity. if we can tackle this, then, absolutely, let’s do it.
- decentralized exchange and colored coins are a must.
- CfB states many times that it is easy to implement new features in nxt. I am no dev and just have to believe him. It should always be easy so nxt can adapt to new ideas and technologies.

some features are implemented, some are discussed, and some are plain ideas. We should discuss where nxt is heading to get a clear view what should be implemented in the next months. We should discuss all ideas and get an overview WHO will develop which services or features. And we should make a clear distinction between service providers (which uses nxt) and nxt features (which build nxt). and we should always be aware of paradox decisions (like 1000000TPS and mini blockchain for example). Now I have no clue who is responsible for what. I have a fear that many things just don’t get done because of diffusion of responsibility (Google it). I hope i’m wrong.

Maybe I forgot many major things, but it is a starting point.

-

All the written stuff above could be total bullshit, because I'm no programmer and have difficulties to keep up with all the stuff what's going on in the nxt ecosystem.

I sincerely hope that I get some comments from devs, idea makers, marketers, ... And I hope we get a discussion started about target audience, features and what is the meaning of nxt.

Please respond (think about diffusion of responsibility if you don’t want to click “reply”).

tl;dr invest in doge.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:53:15 PM

Fee should be as close to zero to possible because processing a transaction costs basically nothing... it's so ridiculous this is even a question. 0.000001NXT.  

1000 TPS or whatever shouldn't be a problem, you only need about 32GB in theory (maximum, almost impossible case), a few MBs in practice for that. If that is a problem, just give each node 1/6 of required data (so you need 6 nodes to restore the thing) etc... but it shouldn't, ever.  

Yes, but we have to be cognizant to not allow the blockchain to be spammed too cheaply via the AM or other transaction type.  So lets talk about this a bit....

Firstly GUYS (and few gals we have here), we shouldn't tie the fee to try to force it to coincide with any fiat!!!  

At current min of 1 NXT fee for any transaction except issue asset (which isnt even possible yet) it is possible to stack up to 1000 bytes (I think) via AM, per AM transaction.  Is that 1000 bytes correct?  Now we could potentially just make the min fee for AM be different than for a regular transaction to prevent bloat.  Now we are planning on removing AM every checkpoint/year/whatever, but what about alias?  These are planned on staying forever right?  Has anyone considered  how much space can an alias transaction could potentially take up, between the alias string itself, and its URL?

How about this...  Set a min fee PER BYTE SIZE OF THE TRANSACTION IN QUESTION.  And scale it up.  So we can start with modeling for .001 per byte or something like that.  Can some experts model for us then what the cost for certain transactions would be?

Wat u guys think?
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:02:01 PM

I am completely updated, used the 5.11 blockchain on my home nodes, rebuilt from scratch on the VPS. Seems to work fine in both cases....

So could everyone else update to 5.12, please ?

For the rest :

Take some chill pills,guys. We've made a hell of a lot of progress over the last couple of months. There are always going to be moments when things dont go quite as we'd like them to and people start to get grumpy and take it out on each other.

So relax a bit, we are still ahead of the game and heading in roughly the right direction.....and almost as a unit.

Heres a quick re-post from me from last night, seems appropriate to put it up again:

Now that I've caught up with this thread, and it's almost bed time for the Evil one, I've got a couple of non-coding points to make:
(love the code talk, btw, I can smell the big-brain coding skills from here, it's the smell of success!)

Great job everyone, these last few pages of juicy dev talk are giving me the first nxt hard-on this february.
+1

Voting:
NXTvote.com looks tight
Damn right on that, having nxtvote up and running will make decisions around here a lot easier and probably fairer.

Most important bit: CfB and BCNext:

We've always known that CfB wasn't going to be around forever as NXT dev-in-chief.
He's a talented guy and without him, NXT would not be what it is today.
But we have a lot of talented guys (take a bow, everyone) and more coming in every day. NXT will carry on without CfB and will still be a success. We got thru 4 days without him last week, and made some good progress in that time.

It's easy to see guys in important roles as irreplaceable leaders, but the truth is that anyone can be replaced.
So stop looking at him like he's the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy.

BCNext has good reason to be Mr. Anonymouse, look at the amount of pressure that gets put on Dan/Fuserleer from eMunie. Every time he sneezes, eMunie catches a cold. He definitely doesn't want to be the Messiah....
With BCNext in the background, communicating only with mysterious prophesies and complex code, the NXT community is forced to step up and build almost everything we need ourselves, which makes NXT a lot stronger than if we always had the option to turn to BCNext and ask "What do we do now, Daddy?" 

Ask yourselves this: if CfB was always going to be here, and BCnext was actually present and working, what would NXT look like now ?
A massive community, or 2 guys working and a 1000 watching?

Last point:
Get on with each other, ffs, save the fighting until we are on our island paradise in the Maldives.....we can build a Thunderdome!

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
iruu

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:03:28 PM

Fee should be as close to zero to possible because processing a transaction costs basically nothing... it's so ridiculous this is even a question. 0.000001NXT.  

1000 TPS or whatever shouldn't be a problem, you only need about 32GB in theory (maximum, almost impossible case), a few MBs in practice for that. If that is a problem, just give each node 1/6 of required data (so you need 6 nodes to restore the thing) etc... but it shouldn't, ever.  

Yes, but we have to be cognizant to not allow the blockchain to be spammed too cheaply via the AM or other transaction type.  So lets talk about this a bit....

Firstly GUYS (and few gals we have here), we shouldn't tie the fee to try to force it to coincide with any fiat!!!  

At current min of 1 NXT fee for any transaction except issue asset (which isnt even possible yet) it is possible to stack up to 1000 bytes (I think) via AM, per AM transaction.  Is that 1000 bytes correct?  Now we could potentially just make the min fee for AM be different than for a regular transaction to prevent bloat.  Now we are planning on removing AM every checkpoint/year/whatever, but what about alias?  These are planned on staying forever right?  Has anyone considered  how much space can an alias transaction could potentially take up, between the alias string itself, and its URL?

How about this...  Set a min fee PER BYTE SIZE OF THE TRANSACTION IN QUESTION.  And scale it up.  So we can start with modeling for .001 per byte or something like that.  Can some experts model for us then what the cost for certain transactions would be?

Wat u guys think?

Spamming the blockchain would actually be good, as this would give the incentive to fix the blockchain problem and allow almost unlimited transaction rates.

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:11:29 PM

Can you guys please test http://www.nxtvote.com/?

Check it out, search for bugs, for improvements and so on! Smiley

I know it's not possible to view finished votes right now. But this won't be a problem for now. Smiley

dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:12:24 PM

1 NXT fee. I don't see any reason of lowering the fee today. Maybe then 1 NXT will be 1 USD.

I'd say:
$0.5 - 0.5 Nxt fee
$1.0 - 0.25 Nxt fee
$1.5 - 0.15 Nxt fee
etc

smartwart

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

Some want it the way it is:

In numbers: 1.0 Count me in on that.

There are several others.

Got you for 1.0.  Will repost after more to tally.

Can you point me to the other 1.0s?  Is a little difficult to tally when not clearly specified.

(and, I really don't *want* to be responsible for tallying these votes...  consolidating for review)

make a google docs spreadsheet, with 4 columns: 1, .1, .01, .001
then put each username in the respective column.  we all need to decided if/how community will allow 2 votes per person for different categories or let them put their 2 votes in 1 category
lock it down so only you can update it, but that anyone with direct link can view it
receive community's thanks for doing this work

good move!
may you add columns for each feature?
so we could discuss an fee-decrease in all dimensions.

NxT: 13574045486980287597
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:25:55 PM

I know it's not possible to view finished votes right now. But this won't be a problem for now. Smiley

How can I find an address for sending money if I close that page?

EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

Just put up a voting topic:

Is EvilDave the most evil member of the NXT community?
go to:

http://www.nxtvote.com/vote.php

To make your vote on this important issue.
Parameters: accounts with over 1000 NXT, existing for last 5000 blocks, deadline 1000 blocks so we'll know pretty soon.

If this works as well as it looks, we could be seeing the end of a lot of endless discussions......nice work, guys!

(can I have my 10 NXT back now, please?)

EDIT: How many confirmations before a vote goes live?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
xyzzyx

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

- SMS gateway (bounty by CfB) must be developed (eg Africa is using SMS as some sort of currency). This would be a really nice feature, especially for marketing

I did some looking into this.  In the USA where I am I could not find any premium SMS providers that offered payments greater than the $3 USD range per SMS and they all wanted a large percentage of the revenue.  In other words, expensive but tiny amounts of NXT could be purchased by phone here.

I remember lophie expressed interest in doing this.  Hopefully he had better luck than I did.

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:28:05 PM

You can't. Should I change that? Where do you think is the best place? Smiley

Otherwise you can simply go back and create a new vote.

minusbalancer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

I vote for 0.01 fee. Makes currency more attractive

you might want to update dotnxt...

Fees are not set inside the clients. Fees are system wide.
It is not my choice to use 1 NXT fee. It is limitation of the system at the moment. Smiley

PS: dotNXT will be updated with 0.5.12 code change on weekend. The bug itself won't affect dotNXT client directly.
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:30:52 PM

How long before a vote goes live?

I believe I have created the most relevant question.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:31:13 PM

Just put up a voting topic:

Is EvilDave the most evil member of the NXT community?
go to:

http://www.nxtvote.com/vote.php

To make your vote on this important issue.
Parameters: accounts with over 1000 NXT, existing for last 5000 blocks, deadline 1000 blocks so we'll know pretty soon.

If this works as well as it looks, we could be seeing the end of a lot of endless discussions......nice work, guys!

(can I have my 10 NXT back now, please?)

I will change the 10 NXT for the testing phase later. I want to try it out once. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:33:24 PM

How long before a vote goes live?

I believe I have created the most relevant question.

After 10 NXT got transfered about 1 minute for the cronjob. I'm testing the payment system right now. After I confirm it's working I will change it to 0 NXT for testing purposes.

Edit: 13minutes since the last block.. sigh!

pinarello

Activity: 266

NXT is the future

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:34:08 PM

You can't. Should I change that? Where do you think is the best place? Smiley

Otherwise you can simply go back and create a new vote.

I want to vote for boobs but getting error page Embarrassed

Pages: « 1 ... 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: