Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761542 times)
ZeroTheGreat

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:45:39 AM

Does anyone else find the NEM vs Nxt thing really interesting?  It's like communism vs the free market.
U can't mix up communism and decentralization. It's unnatural ideology so it requires centralized force (a big one) to be settled down to vast majority of people (for how long, if so?).

Communism've nothing to do with wealth equality w/o economic activity. That cypto is egalitarian (before trading'll start).
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:50:02 AM

Do you know what the limits are? What about the txfee?

Upper limit is 20 (as that Javascript website shows) - can read here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=215213.0 although there may still be a "relay" limit of 3 in place (so you might try submitting a 4 of 5 "test" tx directly to say blockchain.info).

Fee is just in accordance with the total tx size and UTXO "coin age" as per usual.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
sepehr

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

Cryptocurrency Evangelist

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:51:06 AM

An Idea of two new sites in NXTunity.

Hi everybody,

I have not seen any sites like "bitpay" and "localbitcoins" in the NXT community yet.
I think NXT will grow a lot if it's possible to be exchaned in any local curremcies arround the world and can be used to pay merchants in their local currencies.
The good point is that we have many nations in our community and with a good management that is possible with very special NXT features,  we can join together and even form a virtual company on top of NXT and build "localnxt" or even "localcryptos" site or "nxtpay" or anything like those.

I'm myself can arrange to help in UAE(Dubai) and Iran to be a local buyer or seller.

Just an idea, That personally can help to comes to reality.

Sepehr
P.S. All names mentioned above already registered and I checked it and know that, but the idea is not depends on any name.

I have some of these names in my possession, because a domain squatter got localnxt.com etc.

I have nxtlocal.com if you want to use it to strengthen the community. If you want them commercially, I would appreciate a fee, but I'd rather give them to the community. If the community says: give it, I will.

If someone has use for the following ones for the community then they are available, too:

nxtaliasexchange.com    
nxtassetexchange.com
nxtassetsexchange.com

Very good Damelon,
I can manage to start the site but I prefer something else.

I prefer that we form a company on top of Nxt, Everyone in the comunity can buy it's assets and then this company starts commercially and I maybe both a stakeholder and a worker in the company.(As my knowledge it's possible on NXT, am I right? if not, correct me!)

In this case everyone that is a stakeholder of for example nxtlocal.com really tries to help the company to grow.

It's far far more than a single person domain name!!

Any updates about this?

Sepehr, A Cryptocurrency Evangelist
ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 05:52:18 AM

Sometimes, we have to push things a little bit. But this "pay to be on exchange" smells a little fishy, yes.

Ethics come first.
IMO ethics in that case - is giving any Nxter a choise: to push things or to wait for completely natural growth. Both options're completely healthy. But, personally, I dislike often repeating of something non-mortal in form of screaming (color, size, letter's register).
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 05:53:50 AM

Does anyone else find the NEM vs Nxt thing really interesting?  It's like communism vs the free market.

NEM is like a malevolent dictatorship.  Now they are just pulling peoples' stakes if they don't like what you say.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:06:29 AM

My NXT is dancing the Limbo again between my account and bter Grin

Has anybody had any luck with bter NXT deposits the last 24 hours?

ZeroTheGreat

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:07:45 AM

don't forget small accounts possibly don't bother to forge.
+ don't forget to place near a picture of distribution of, say, Bitcoin blocks'es generators. I'm pretty sure amount of (successful) miners is dynamically decreasing, cos almost all new miners and part of existing ones only mine in pools to get stable reward. But when u're joining pool, there's no +N successful miners anymore, there's pool and it'll generate blocks of the system.
Istanbul34

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:21:02 AM

NEM is like a malevolent dictatorship.  Now they are just pulling peoples' stakes if they don't like what you say.

You can cry on my shoulder. I can feel your pain Smiley
nxt-e.com

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:31:00 AM

Nxt-e.com supports multiple languages supports (English French and  Chinese), German, Russian, Japanese, or the other language volunteers please contact us, thanks.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:38:31 AM

I am getting close to an alpha release of the automated multisig gateway. I was hoping there was somebody here who is both familiar with gateway software and C, who could review my code.

I will be setting up three servers doing automated multisig for DOGE trading directly into NXT AE testnet. It will be real DOGE, but test assets, so just test it with small amounts. Since losing a few hundred DOGE isnt a disaster, I will be testing the basics myself.

The code is only two days old, so I have concentrated on just getting it working. Assuming people want to use it for real, I will keep improving it. Adding any coin that is a bitcoin fork should be a matter of changing a single #define file. At some point, it could probably do gateway services for many coins at the same time.

James

What about using the DOGE testnet?  You'd have to mine on the testnet to get DOGE, but the difficulty would be low so it would accumulate quickly.

Edit: here's a DOGE testnet faucet: http://testdoge.lionservers.de/

That testnet faucet also has a DOGE testnet how-to: http://testdoge.lionservers.de/howto/

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:46:00 AM

I am getting close to an alpha release of the automated multisig gateway. I was hoping there was somebody here who is both familiar with gateway software and C, who could review my code.

I will be setting up three servers doing automated multisig for DOGE trading directly into NXT AE testnet. It will be real DOGE, but test assets, so just test it with small amounts. Since losing a few hundred DOGE isnt a disaster, I will be testing the basics myself.

The code is only two days old, so I have concentrated on just getting it working. Assuming people want to use it for real, I will keep improving it. Adding any coin that is a bitcoin fork should be a matter of changing a single #define file. At some point, it could probably do gateway services for many coins at the same time.

James

What about using the DOGE testnet?  You'd have to mine on the testnet to get DOGE, but the difficulty would be low so it would accumulate quickly.

I will gladly tip anybody willing to test enough real DOGE to test with. I think it will the first time a mainnet crypto is traded on a testnet Dex

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Hacer88

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 06:51:25 AM

NEM is like a malevolent dictatorship.  Now they are just pulling peoples' stakes if they don't like what you say.

How can someone pulling of a stake when there is nothing to give yet? There is no single NEM in the market yet.

The community felt that you were not interested anymore so they pulled your name out of the list.

The community has been very nice to you to and asked to you personally if you are really interested in NEM or not.

But there is still no good answer from you. You are making it very hard for yourself and the community.

Everyone is welcome. Just say yes to NEM  Wink

NXT - NEM - NAS - NFD
2Kool4Skewl (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 07:13:40 AM

NEM is like a malevolent dictatorship.  Now they are just pulling peoples' stakes if they don't like what you say.

How can someone pulling of a stake when there is nothing to give yet? There is no single NEM in the market yet.

The community felt that you were not interested anymore so they pulled your name out of the list.

The community has been very nice to you to and asked to you personally if you are really interested in NEM or not.

But there is still no good answer from you. You are making it very hard for yourself and the community.

Everyone is welcome. Just say yes to NEM  Wink

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5276278#msg5276278

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 07:35:38 AM

Could someone write client side code to test the multisig gateway? It can be command line, nothing fancy, just as long as its not Windows Smiley

Initially, all gateway requests are done via AM, so you just need to fill out the gateway_AM structure and send the AM to the issuer NXT account 18232225178877143084

For deposits gatewayid needs to be 0 for now, withdrawals can be sent to 0, 1 or 2
coinid is 1 for DOGE
#define GATEWAY_SIG 0xdadafeed

// API funcids
#define GET_COINDEPOSIT_ADDRESS 'g' // set NXTaddr, only gateway 0 for now
#define BIND_DEPOSIT_ADDRESS 'b' // result of GET_COINDEPOSIT_ADDRESS

#define NOTIFY_PENDING_DEPOSIT 'n' // set NXTaddr, coinaddr and amount, only gateway 0 for now
#define MONEY_DEPOSITED 'd' // gateway response after it is confirmed, swept to multisig

#define WITHDRAWAL_REQUEST 'w' // set NXTaddr, coinaddr, txid and amount AFTER transferring coin asset back
#define MONEY_SENT 'm' // gateway response after it verifies you transferred asset back and will match the amount you redeemed.

First you need to get a deposit address by sending a GET_COINDEPOSIT_ADDRESS gateway_AM to gateway.0, the next block you should find a BIND_DEPOSIT_ADDRESS AM sent to 18232225178877143084 with your deposit address. You can reuse, or get new ones. Not much anonymity by getting new ones, since it is all public info. NXTcash for anonymity.

Now just send DOGE to your deposit address and send a NOTIFY_PENDING_DEPOSIT with the amount. When the gateway gets it, your NXT acct will get the coin asset.
<lots of trading within AE, coin asset can end up with anyone>
To withdraw, just transfer the coin asset back to  18232225178877143084 and send a WITHDRAWAL_REQUEST AM. The gateways will do a multisig payment and post MONEY_SENT AM after its on its way.

Code:

struct gateway_info  // this struct is very incomplete, still a work in progress
{
    double balance,deposits,withdrawals,tbd __attribute__ ((packed));
    int bind_requests,addresses_bound,deposit_txids,pending_sweeps,verified_deposits __attribute__ ((packed));
    int withdrawal_requests,moneysent,pending_withdrawals,failed_withdrawals __attribute__ ((packed));
    int rawbroadcasts,pending_redemptions __attribute__ ((packed));
};

struct gateway_AM
{
    unsigned int sig __attribute__ ((packed));
    int funcid __attribute__ ((packed));
    int gatewayid __attribute__ ((packed));
    int coinid __attribute__ ((packed));
    double amount __attribute__ ((packed));
    double unspent __attribute__ ((packed));
    double change __attribute__ ((packed));
    char NXTaddr[32],coinaddr[32];
    union { char txid[128]; char rawtransaction[288]; };
    union { char inputs[512]; };
    struct gateway_info info;
};

Once there is client side code for this, it can easily be integrated into any GUI so we can have crypto gateways built into NXT GUIs. Any feedback is much appreciated. The .01 NXT resolution in AE is an issue for low value things like DOGE, but since its testnet, I will ignore this for now.

It would really help if somebody other than me worked on this. A lot of money could flow through this code. Want to be sure its super solid.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
igmaca

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:41:09 AM

In Bitcointalk, the main Bitcoin forum, several users are organizing to sue jointly to Mt Gox and claim their money. In Japan demands joint work differently, so it really will be several individual complaints on the same matter. The demand itself organizer recommends that stakeholders have caught at least $ 10,000 in Mt Gox to be viable. It also recommends having the money in dollars rather than  Bitcoin because is clearer recovery process in case of bankruptcy of the company.

This may be the reason for the recent sell Bitcoin anywhere.
xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:44:24 AM

Code:

struct gateway_info  // this struct is very incomplete, still a work in progress
{
    double balance,deposits,withdrawals,tbd __attribute__ ((packed));
};

struct gateway_AM
{
    double amount __attribute__ ((packed));
    double unspent __attribute__ ((packed));
    double change __attribute__ ((packed));
};

Would it be possible to use int64_t from the stdint.h library to represent amounts instead of floating point?

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
markus1000

Activity: 153

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:01:29 AM

I bought a level on the bitscraper project for Nxt.
http://www.bitscraper.pw/p/blog-page.html

We are on Level 25. If you want to donate my Nxt address is in my signature.
coloredcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:04:30 AM

There will implement a coloredcoin on the top of Nxt.
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:16:58 AM

Total: Fee earned 784334 NXT   :     82000 NXT more than in 11th Feb 
                                                      (is that increase possible? - otherwise some data error).

Cumulative % of
fee earned, starting from TOP1

TOP's share is smaller than earlier.
In mining/forging the distribution is now:
4 accounts have mined 53.4% (less than before),
28 accounts have mined 88% (less),
and 98 accounts 97.9% (less) and
590 (more) accounts has forged 100%   i.e. 590 accounts has got some fees.

Something has made the distribution "better" ...   Smiley

don't forget small accounts possibly don't bother to forge.

And my forging competition is promoting small accounts to forge! We have 3 successful forges with roughly 10k nxt  Grin

We got 4, but I didn't enter because someone else forged with 3 Nxt less than me. I earned myself a whole 2 Nxt forging that block though!  Grin

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 08:25:55 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 08:57:55 AM by CIYAM Open

Would it be possible to use int64_t from the stdint.h library to represent amounts instead of floating point?

Indeed James you should *never* use binary floating point types for *money* please use an int64_t as suggested.

If you're interested take a look at https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam/blob/master/src/numeric.cpp (an example of how to do "decimal" using a 64 bit integer as a mantissa).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Pages: « 1 ... 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 [1796] 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: