Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:35:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 ... 2557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT :: descendant of Bitcoin - Updated Information  (Read 2761529 times)
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:45:28 AM

Will we be given some kind of heads up regarding when the asset exchange is opening?  It'd be nice to let everyone know so we all can plan to be sitting at the computer and try to reserve our favor assets instead of these assets being taken lottery like based upon the first people to realize it's been released.  It'd probably also distribute them a little bit more fairly between people trying to pick off the good names.  Because I can think of a couple asset names that everyone would love to own.

The plan is to have a marketing campaign about it, yes.
But right now we are still undecided about some parts of it's technical design, but this'll get resorted in a couple of days (I hope), then we need to workout any bugs and then we can set a date and build up hype

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:56:35 AM

I am really glad that the first Nxt financial and economic analysis was finished,
so I can present you a 15-pages paper from one very smart guy:

What are the economic parameters of Nxt?

his Nxt ID for donations is:

Comments will be post to: https://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,4433.0.html

Good afternoon USA, maybe there is someone who could understand this text and left some feedback Smiley much appreciated
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:56:50 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 01:08:29 AM by rdanneskjoldr

Will we be given some kind of heads up regarding when the asset exchange is opening?  It'd be nice to let everyone know so we all can plan to be sitting at the computer and try to reserve our favor assets instead of these assets being taken lottery like based upon the first people to realize it's been released.  It'd probably also distribute them a little bit more fairly between people trying to pick off the good names.  Because I can think of a couple asset names that everyone would love to own.

Anyway, owning assets names to never use them sucks.I bought many aliases ,which could be speculation, but i find assets a more serious thing that should only be taken if you are really issuing the asset. What do you want,to have 10.000 assets which are really nothing??That would kill asset exchange,if you have to dive into thousands of assets to find something is worth > 0.

In fact, i would try to give jl777 preference to create first all the assets with a gateway, so people could knew all assets with coin name in account XXXXXXXX are safe.This exchange letting trade all the main coins is what NXT needs!!!! If you get hundreds of people trolling asset names,it will be a mess no one will want to touch.

Well, im glad its 1000 nxt  to issue an asset,it solves a part of this problem.But still, i think we need to focus to have all the main coins gateways ready with their assets,and let people know how to get to them fast and easy when we launch the AE!

So when they first use the AE,they see they can do something useful with it, instead of logging in and just click buttons and see how colourful it is.(no offense wesleyh,we all love it  Grin)
CoinTropolis_JustaBitTime

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:56:56 AM

Doing my own thing... we'll have a section in yBitcoin. Check out their demographic:

http://ybitcoin.net/about/

This is what I did for Peercoin for quite awhile, I'm about reaching out and making the phone calls.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:58:36 AM

Just heard back from the ATM guys:

http://www.coindesk.com/mexicos-first-bitcoin-atms-will-also-deal-altcoins/

"Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Its bookmarked and noted. Right now we have other priority, but my first look at your landing page looks interesting.
I would like to discuss things further with you to a later moment. Please write me in a couple of weeks again.

Best,
Alec"

On vacation for a few weeks in Thailand, will work on some other initiatives (including meetups) when I get back in early April. Again, not looking for any type of bounty, just protecting my investment.

xyzzyx

Activity: 490

I don't really come from outer space.

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:21:04 AM

Rather than beginning your sermons with a quote from Sun Tzu, begin them with nifty little tricks which the laity can investigate later. For example, did you know that `strings -n 20 /.bitcoin/blk0001.dat` dumps ASCII art portraits of both Saint Sassaman and Ben Bernanke? This art was encoded as fake public keys used in real transactions, and it can't be removed without undoing all Bitcoin transactions since it was inserted into the chain. The entire Bitcoin economy depends upon the face of the chairman of the Fed not being removed from its ledger! Isn't that clever?
-- International Journal of PoC || GTFO, Issue 0x00, a CFP with PoC (http://openwall.info/wiki/_media/people/solar/pocorgtfo00.pdf)

Actually, this is the code to dump ASCII Sassaman and ASCII Bernanke from my copy of the blockchain:
Code:
strings -n 20 blk00003.dat

"An awful lot of code is being written ... in languages that aren't very good by people who don't know what they're doing." -- Barbara Liskov
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:28:36 AM

Will we be given some kind of heads up regarding when the asset exchange is opening?  It'd be nice to let everyone know so we all can plan to be sitting at the computer and try to reserve our favor assets instead of these assets being taken lottery like based upon the first people to realize it's been released.  It'd probably also distribute them a little bit more fairly between people trying to pick off the good names.  Because I can think of a couple asset names that everyone would love to own.

Anyway, owning assets names to never use them sucks.I bought many aliases ,which could be speculation, but i find assets a more serious thing that should only be taken if you are really issuing the asset. What do you want, to have 10.000 assets which are really nothing??That would kill asset exchange, if you have to dive into thousands of assets to find something is worth > 0.

In fact, i would try to give jl777 preference to create first all the assets with a gateway, so people could knew all assets with coin name in account XXXXXXXX are safe.This exchange letting trade all the main coins is what NXT needs!!!! If you get hundreds of people trolling asset names,it will be a mess no one will want to touch.

I'd be fine with that too.. maybe something where if you want a specific highly wanted asset name you must submit a plan for using that, they will wait for 30 days to allow competing plans to come in, then assign it to the person they deem has the best plan?

But I have a big and very good for Nxt plan in mind, it just involves snagging up a specific asset name (or something very close to it).

In fact maybe the first week could be run like this for all assets?  Give a deadline, people say they want this asset, prove they have Nxt they are willing to pay with, and submit a proposal for how they intend to use it.  I really dislike the way all the aliases were snapped up for what 0.1 cents each or whatever Nxt was going for at the time?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:30:43 AM

Regarding Asset Exchange:

1. Is there a way to give out dividends?
2. I am envisioning that there would be tons of people creating whatsoever assets, I believe a way to manage it is necessary.  Like categories? favorites?
3. I also think there should be a moderator who could flag assets that are fraudulent.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
rdanneskjoldr

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:35:06 AM

Anyway, owning assets names to never use them sucks.I bought many aliases ,which could be speculation, but i find assets a more serious thing that should only be taken if you are really issuing the asset. What do you want, to have 10.000 assets which are really nothing??That would kill asset exchange, if you have to dive into thousands of assets to find something is worth > 0.

I'd be fine with that too.. maybe something where if you want a specific highly wanted asset name you must submit a plan for using that, they will wait for 30 days to allow competing plans to come in, then assign it to the person they deem has the best plan?

But I have a big and very good for Nxt plan in mind, it just involves snagging up a specific asset name (or something very close to it).

In fact maybe the first week could be run like this for all assets?  Give a deadline, people say they want this asset, prove they have Nxt they are willing to pay with, and submit a proposal for how they intend to use it.  I really dislike the way all the aliases were snapped up for what 0.1 cents each or whatever Nxt was going for at the time?

The problem is all this solutions require centralization.I would just do it with the coins, as it would be very important for all the community(i guess it could have like 90%+ agreement of the community).For the rest of things it should be first to come,first to take.I didnt thought much when i wrote my previous post,but the 1000 nxt fee avoids spam-taking all the asset names.
Sebastien256

Activity: 715

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:37:34 AM

Personnaly, here what I think about to register an asset in Nxt.
I like the idea to submit a proposal to register an asset. I think that to register an asset, a vote with nxt voting feature should be require. Proposal could be submitted on a forum page prior to the vote.
I think that this could avoid a total mess with registering many not usefull asset.

A 1000nxt currently is not very high. Im not sure that this will avoid spamming.

Can this idea may be brainstorm?

Nxt official forum at: https://nxtforum.org/
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:38:31 AM

"Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Its bookmarked and noted. Right now we have other priority, but my first look at your landing page looks interesting.
I would like to discuss things further with you to a later moment. Please write me in a couple of weeks again.

Best,
Alec"

On vacation for a few weeks in Thailand, will work on some other initiatives (including meetups) when I get back in early April. Again, not looking for any type of bounty, just protecting my investment.

Have fun, thanks for all your work so far. If you're lucky, u might come back to a very nice NXT surprise......

In the meantime, is Nifty_Nikel still keeping Cointropolis running ?
Because I have one very easy idea for NXT adoption/promotion:
Get NXT accepted, as a simple first gen currency, by major online games.
Payment module from Damelons guy is almost ready to go, and getting "NXT accepted here" on the log-in screens for WoW, EVE, WoT, etc.,  would be major publicity if nothing else. I've got no time to run with this, so maybe u guys (or anyone else) would like to pick it up and take it further.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:46:11 AM

"Hi,

Best,
Alec"

Have fun, thanks for all your work so far. If you're lucky, u might come back to a very nice NXT surprise......

In the meantime, is Nifty_Nikel still keeping Cointropolis running ?
Because I have one very easy idea for NXT adoption/promotion:
Get NXT accepted, as a simple first gen currency, by major online games.
Payment module from Damelons guy is almost ready to go, and getting "NXT accepted here" on the log-in screens for WoW, EVE, WoT, etc.,  would be major publicity if nothing else. I've got no time to run with this, so maybe u guys (or anyone else) would like to pick it up and take it further.

Good hearing from you EvilDave. CoinTropolis has moved on to other projects, however, I'm still doing a few things to help protect my investment on the side. The payment module mixed in with gaming is fantastic, that's the type of outreach that needs to happen for market penetration.

This sounds like project the marketing committee could run with fairly quickly.
mczarnek

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:55:59 AM

Regarding Asset Exchange:

1. Is there a way to give out dividends?
2. I am envisioning that there would be tons of people creating whatsoever assets, I believe a way to manage it is necessary.  Like categories? favorites?
3. I also think there should be a moderator who could flag assets that are fraudulent.

1) I know BCNext at some point was coming up with a way that you could indeed give out dividends.
2) Great idea!  Should be currencies, stocks, assets, and I'm probably missing a couple. Not sure if that's being worked on.
3) Agreed, needs to be some kind of system for flagging assets as fraudulent and giving people a trust meter.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:58:43 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 02:09:05 AM by EvilDave

@Justabit:

No worries, mate, go have some fun in the sun. Thanks again for what u guys achieved, btw.
I may not have agreed with some aspects of your work (SoL....hmmmm  Angry ) but on the whole Cointropolis did some good work.
Hows the Trek convention coming on?

I'll just 'volunteer' the next guy who opens his mouth about NXT mainstream acceptance to run the game payments idea.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182

NXT.org

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:12:26 AM

@Justabit:

No worries, mate, go have some fun in the sun. Thanks again for what u guys achieved, btw.
I may not have agreed with some aspects of your work (SoL....hmmmm  Angry ) but on the whole Cointropolis did some good work.
Hows the Trek convention coming on?

I'll just 'volunteer' the next guy who opens his mouth about NXT mainstream acceptance to run the game payments idea.

I understand the cointroplois crew very well.
Dirty tactics was used by people who in the marketing committee to be elected (and the community didn't mind it, called it politics) and now NXT pay the consequences. We have a elected marketing committee but the price is the lowest it has been in 2 months. Last time me contacting BTER lead to them adding us which saved us, what will save us this time?
AE? It'll be after Mastercoin, Invictus, Counterparty.. so I doubt it'll be enough.

I think I was the first guy to propose to use NXT as ingame currency, feel free to approach any of the big game devs. Got nothing to lose
mczarnek

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:21:51 AM

Anyone know if someone giving out assets would be able to change the number of assets?  Anyone know?

I'd like to issue assets and destroy them on the fly so that the block chain can record exactly how many assets have been issued.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
joefox

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:21:58 AM

I don't think the understanding of the purpose of the Nxt committees is clear.

The committees administer funds.  They do not provide strategic direction for Nxt.  Anyone with a proposal that requires funding can put one forward, and the committee will assess it.  That is what the committees were elected to do.   They do not "run" anything, and do not own the direction of Nxt.  

There is nothing stopping anyone from doing any work outside of the elected committees.  The committees provide FUNDING for work that people want to do.  So: keep on trucking, y'all, and submit a proposal for funding when you think funding will help.

I admin the Nxt Wiki at http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/ Please support my work by donating to Nxt account #1234567740944417915
Blocktree

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:50:24 AM

OMG we are doomed...

vs.

here they are  Grin

(postimg.org/bi42gwk03/doomed.jpg vs postimg.org/fk4zwl2qp/nxtdead.jpg + using black circles)

You are a fucking stupid idiotic retarded moron and thief.

me emule Cheesy

welcome on my ignore list, congratz you are in company of emule there.
No matter who is emule,what he said is the fact:NXT IS BEING DEAD.
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:58:09 AM

OMG we are doomed...

vs.

here they are  Grin

(postimg.org/bi42gwk03/doomed.jpg vs postimg.org/fk4zwl2qp/nxtdead.jpg + using black circles)

You are a fucking stupid idiotic retarded moron and thief.

me emule Cheesy

welcome on my ignore list, congratz you are in company of emule there.
No matter who is emule,what he said is the fact:NXT IS BEING DEAD.

Great first post Blocktree - any contribution with the 'grey fox' sucking back the beer gets a +1 from me!!

edit: please stick around, NXT needs more clowns
Pouncer

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

Anyway, owning assets names to never use them sucks.I bought many aliases ,which could be speculation, but i find assets a more serious thing that should only be taken if you are really issuing the asset. What do you want,to have 10.000 assets which are really nothing??That would kill asset exchange,if you have to dive into thousands of assets to find something is worth > 0.

Well, im glad its 1000 nxt  to issue an asset,it solves a part of this problem.But still, i think we need to focus to have all the main coins gateways ready with their assets,and let people know how to get to them fast and easy when we launch the AE!

So when they first use the AE,they see they can do something useful with it, instead of logging in and just click buttons and see how colourful it is.(no offense wesleyh,we all love it  Grin)

Allowing a first come first served method for asset name registration will result in squatting & non-meaningful/potentially misleading names. I suggest we use a system generated incrementing number starting from 101 as the unique asset ID. Asset Issuer can append any tag to the numerical ID.
eg:
115:BTC [ Asset description]
116:BTC [ Asset description]
117:ABC [ Asset description]

Asset ID 1-100 could be reserved for special assets.

NXTtechdevfund  GPG Key ID: 0x903BC112
Pages: « 1 ... 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 2237 2238 2239 2240 2241 2242 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 2250 2251 2252 2253 2254 2255 2256 2257 2258 2259 2260 2261 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 2269 2270 2271 2272 2273 2274 2275 2276 2277 2278 2279 2280 2281 2282 2283 2284 2285 2286 2287 2288 2289 2290 2291 2292 2293 2294 2295 2296 2297 2298 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 ... 2557 »
  Print  

Jump to: