Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:44:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ICO period long?  (Read 2257 times)
Mr Batman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 04:02:21 PM

if in my opinion, maybe it is because the ICO can reach the desired target, such as the number of investors and preparation for the ICO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
torontoconti

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:48:05 AM

I think the length of the ICO cycle is related to their specific project. Some need a very short time. Most ICOs take a long time because they need to plan how they can be successful in crypto collection.
littlemonny

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:12:37 AM

With the ICO was extended there are certainly some issues such as the sale does not run smoothly, or the sale haven't reached the hard cap. Of course, this is usually that in shallot trade disadvantaged are the participants of the bounty, their payments will have to be postponed until the ICO is completed.
littlemonny

Activity: 110

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:14:06 AM

It depends on the sales of ICO. So many projects already exist absurd or similar projects. Because of their lack of uniqueness, these investors will take a long time to buy.
santosummer

Activity: 170

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 01:17:05 AM

Of course, they want to increase the funds raised through sales to ensure the development roadmap is announced. In addition, market conditions do not really suit the appeal of the user and investors. Therefore, prolonged ICO is the way that devs discuss and give out. I think this is normal.
DonaldHun

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:07:09 AM

With any project set up, they want to sell and reach the maximum. Because, it gives them the assurance they handle the next process to bring the development to the project in the long run. Therefore, when the market does not have the best support conditions for their sales process. stretching is understandable.
Volk-05

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

ICO is prolonged in the event that they did not collect the necessary amount, because basically they should not last long.
richman3451

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 11:17:42 AM

I think that the delay is because it's a lot of time to leave for organizational issues that would make the product interesting for investors so many developments
kurlllviss77

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:25:54 AM

I think they save money this way. This is not bad, these funds can be directed to the development of the project.

[/center]
leeroyj

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:40:15 AM

Everything is simple enough. Because the whole process of forming a team, promoting the project, attracting more developers and a good team of advertisers takes a long time. Still need to participate in conferences, seminars, and attracting large investors. A good strong project can be formed in 8-12 months, and in the end you will receive a very large profit. In the meantime, expect the growth of the project in which you invest, you can participate in the advertising of other projects.
flying_bit

Activity: 434
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:43:58 AM

There are project with shorter period of token sale and then there are some which have longer and from my experience longer period would mean lesser coin because more people will join and rewards will be divided to more people ofcourse and then for signature campaign, ofcourse the those with higher rank will have more stakes and coins as time goes by draining the reward for lower rank.

ICO project sometimes take time to finish token sale because they are trying to market the product more to get more investor that will give them more funds for the project lucky if one project able to get partnership with big companies that will ensure funding thus will not need time for advertising and marketing.

Reality is the only thing that is real.
AfterTheFork

Activity: 203
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:48:22 AM

The  length of an ICO depends on the project, the soft cap and the hard cap sometimes, some of these projects take long while some take a short time. when a project launches and the required capital is  raised within a short period of time then there is no need for the ICO to be lengthy, some take long because the required capital to finance the project has not been reached within the targeted period of time.If the ICO attracts huge participation therefore and the money raised in time then there is no need for long ICOs

ripaex (https://ripaex.io/)
Marketplace
darktt

Activity: 269
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:53:24 AM

Actually it depends form quality of ICO. Some of them gor hardcap in first week or month, but others can't get even softcap in 6 month. I think you are just choosing wrong ICO's my friend, do more researches about them and you'll be successful.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:56:24 AM

The fact is that the crypto market has been very very bad recently and as such many ICOs suffer to make it even to their soft cap. In the end, what happens is that they'd have to increase the time period for the ICO to cover up for more investors to get interested. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 12:00:43 PM

Actually it depends form quality of ICO. Some of them gor hardcap in first week or month, but others can't get even softcap in 6 month. I think you are just choosing wrong ICO's my friend, do more researches about them and you'll be successful.

Completely right, there are ICOs who are sold out during a few weeks or sometimes in a few days. Otherwise there are different phases in the ICO, like private sale, pre sale and crowdsale.  Some ICOs take a long time for every period to sell the maximum amount of tokens. Every project wants to reach their hard cap.

Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:08:18 PM

With any project set up, they want to sell and reach the maximum. Because, it gives them the assurance they handle the next process to bring the development to the project in the long run. Therefore, when the market does not have the best support conditions for their sales process. stretching is understandable.

Sometimes get happened that an ICO announced their extension of the project being develop due to not able reach the soft cap during private sale. But this doen't mean that the project were having a poor support from the investors but rather investors wait for the right timing when this projects gets in demand with its great development arises in the long run of bounty project campaign. That's why sometimes ICO period gets long but it means more profits and great rewards.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:00:42 AM

Completely right, there are ICOs who are sold out during a few weeks or sometimes in a few days. Otherwise there are different phases in the ICO, like private sale, pre sale and crowdsale.  Some ICOs take a long time for every period to sell the maximum amount of tokens. Every project wants to reach their hard cap.
Because they know once they reach their hard cap, it will make the investors confident to hold their tokens for longer term.
Usually, I buy tokens after ICO and I choose those ICO that are successful if some will dump below the ICO price.

STUDENTCOIN